Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Irishjg wrote: »
    This is the ID3 version I’m considering too. Do you know when you are due delivery from the dealer and did you spec it with a heat pump ?

I went without the heat pump, I was really in two minds, but with a 77kWh battery charging it 125kW, I thought I would have charge to spare for the heating. At €1,500 extra I felt it was a bit much for the range advantage it gives. Truth be told, I'm still in two minds. :D

Delivery is supposed to be January/February. I ordered it on the 17th of October.

I went without the heat pump, I was really in two minds, but with a 77kWh battery charging it 125kW, I thought I would have charge to spare for the heating. At €1,500 extra I felt it was a bit much for the range advantage it gives. Truth be told, I'm still in two minds. :D

Delivery is supposed to be January/February. I ordered it on the 17th of October.

How much is the 77 Kwh version ?

How do you feel about it being a 4 seater ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

eagerv wrote: »
    I don't really understand what you are saying, surely it's a matter of the spec/model you wish[/quote

I guess a lot of why car spec is so poor in Ireland is down to VRT, a tariff which is against the whole EU free trade idea. But in my experience dealers only want to sell you something that they know will be easily resold by them when you go to trade it in on the next occasion. Take for example VW dealers who push hard on a golf with a 1.4 petrol engine which was absolutely terrible when compared to the same car with a 1.2 TSI engine. Hopefully with the new vrt rules, that dealers are fighting, will see a lot more better specked car.

How much is the 77 Kwh version ?

How do you feel about it being a 4 seater ?

41K.

Not bothered about the 4 seats, the rear seats in the e-Niro have never been sat on. I don't think I ever had anyone in the back of the Ioniq either.

I don't really understand what you are saying, surely it's a matter of the spec/model you wish[/quote

I guess a lot of why car spec is so poor in Ireland is down to VRT, a tariff which is against the whole EU free trade idea. But in my experience dealers only want to sell you something that they know will be easily resold by them when you go to trade it in on the next occasion. Take for example VW dealers who push hard on a golf with a 1.4 petrol engine which was absolutely terrible when compared to the same car with a 1.2 TSI engine. Hopefully with the new vrt rules, that dealers are fighting, will see a lot more better specked car.

Irish dealers have brought crap spec cars to Ireland because they could get away with it. A perfect example was the stripped out Kona EV, but things seem to be changing. Tesla have broken the mould with their ordering process and VW seem to be following to some extent.

The models listed on the Irish VW site are broadly the same as the models listed on the German site (just different names like 'fast lane') and the UK site. They were cheaper here than the UK for a while, but I don't know if VW UK know how the whole Brexit thing will work out for them and they seem to be unsure where to set the prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Hopefully that day has gone, the last few cars I have bought have been the same spec throughout Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

41K.

Not bothered about the 4 seats, the rear seats in the e-Niro have never been sat on. I don't think I ever had anyone in the back of the Ioniq either.

Your E-Niro is a great car with a nice spec. 64kwh battery pack and I think a heat pump too. What made you sway to changing to the ID3, was it the charging speed, something else or a collection of things. I’m not fully up to speed on the E-Niro’s advantages/disadvantages but would you say the ID3 is a step up or more of a lateral move for you.

Irishjg wrote: »
    Your E-Niro is a great car with a nice spec. 64kwh battery pack and I think a heat pump too. What made you sway to changing to the ID3, was it the charging speed, something else or a collection of things. I’m not fully up to speed on the E-Niro’s advantages/disadvantages but would you say the ID3 is a step up or more of a lateral move for you.

Range and charge speed are the main factors, but stuff like augmented HUD, matrix LED headlights and better infotainment (eventually:D) swayed me too.

My e-Niro is the first edition with the little 7" infotainment screen, no app, which I didn't miss, and no heat pump, which I also didn't miss.

I suppose you could say a couple of big things and a few small things.

With the bigger 77kWh battery, I would see it as a step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Has anyone managed to change their Aviva policy over to an ID3 online? My registration isn't been found (I assume because it's only been registered) but now the form is looking for engine size.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Range and charge speed are the main factors, but stuff like augmented HUD, matrix LED headlights and better infotainment (eventually:D) swayed me too.

My e-Niro is the first edition with the little 7" infotainment screen, no app, which I didn't miss, and no heat pump, which I also didn't miss.

I suppose you could say a couple of big things and a few small things.

With the bigger 77kWh battery, I would see it as a step up.

Good stuff Silent. I wish you well wear and please when you get your new wheels can you keep us up to date with how you are getting on with it. As I said earlier, I’m very interested in the 77 for myself so the more info I can get the better.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to change their Aviva policy over to an ID3 online? My registration isn't been found (I assume because it's only been registered) but now the form is looking for engine size.

I phoned them up, as hate doing insurance on line.

She also didn't have the details of car, but took down details.

No change on premium from my last car (Honda ICE) but she tried to charge me €20 for not changing on line..

This was quickly rescinded when I mentioned that our 3 policies would not remain with them when due for renewal if charged..:)

I phoned them up, as hate doing insurance on line.

She also didn't have the details of car, but took down details.

No change on premium from my last car (Honda ICE) but she tried to charge me €20 for not changing on line..

This was quickly rescinded when I mentioned that our 3 policies would not remain with them when due for renewal if charged..:)

The ID3 is up on the online system now because I can see it in the drop down if I go for a new policy.

We've two car insurance, a house policy and life assurance with them so if they try to charge me an unreasonable amount I'll move everything.

They didn't give any redunds during the first lockdown so once they stop being competitive we're moving.

The ID3 is up on the online system now because I can see it in the drop down if I go for a new policy.

We've two car insurance, a house policy and life assurance with them so if they try to charge me an unreasonable amount I'll move everything.

Just tell them you tried online and the system couldn't do it. They won't charge you then.

Just tell them you tried online and the system couldn't do it. They won't charge you then.

Finally got it online and they're looking for €70 to switch (8 months left). Going to have to ring them in the morning and see what they can do though.

Paid €350 for my insurance on the Golf so €70 for 8 months could mean my renewal for next year would be around €460.

Finally got it online and they're looking for €70 to switch (8 months left). Going to have to ring them in the morning and see what they can do though.

Paid €350 for my insurance on the Golf so €70 for 8 months could mean my renewal for next year would be around €460.

That's why I prefer to talk to them. (Or give out to them:))

My wife renewed her Ioniq insurance last week, they were looking for €470. She ended up paying €340, same as for her Prius last year. They are some chancers, obviously some people just pay whatever the quote..

"Before and After" pics after having my car updated today.

Cannot say I notice any difference yet, certainly no new functions. (Wasn't really expecting any). Perhaps a little faster at start up.

Probably now the same as recently released cars?

Wxc4Urp.jpg

dZ4gntj.jpg

"Before and After" pics after having my car updated today.

Cannot say I notice any difference yet, certainly no new functions. (Wasn't really expecting any). Perhaps a little faster at start up.

Probably now the same as recently released cars?

Wxc4Urp.jpg

dZ4gntj.jpg

I'll check mine tomorrow and see what it comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Q for anyone who's ordered recently, post-First edition. What kind of deposit is required for booking? Wasn't it €1k for the First edition, what is it now? How are VW generally with trade-ins? I was planning to change early next year but level 5 will probably delay ordering...

Well, TitianGerm. Anything stirring..?:)

Well, TitianGerm. Anything stirring..?:)

Just collected it this afternoon.

Very fun drive on the way home (30km) that cost me about 70km as I was very heavy footed on the way home and had the heating blasting.

Will get a photo tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Very fun drive on the way home (30km) that cost me about 70km as I was very heavy footed on the way home and had the heating blasting.

Well done. Best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

That's the proper way to be driving it though, feck range anxiety, the battery is plenty big not to be worried about it.
    Best of luck with it too!!

rx8 wrote: »
    That's the proper way to be driving it though, feck range anxiety, the battery is plenty big not to be worried about it.
    Best of luck with it too!!

I've a 3 km commute so I won't be worrying about range at all for the time being :pac:

http://imgur.com/a/hnfxeWx

Not sure how to embed.

My mam drove it last night and said it feels/sounds like a bumper car :pac:

My dad thinks it's a great car and was very impressed. Has put a deposit down on an ID4 for January.

The wife drove it last night and she fell in love with it. I think I might have a fight on my hands when we go anywhere now.

Not sure how to embed.

My dad thinks it's a great car and was very impressed. Has put a deposit down on an ID4 for January.

The wife drove it last night and she fell in love with it. I think I might have a fight on my hands when we go anywhere now.

Looking good. Well wear!

Did you ask for no window stickers or number plate surrounds?

Looking good. Well wear!

Did you ask for no window stickers or number plate surrounds?

Eagerv recommended to get the plates without the surround so I took his advise and glad I did.

I didn't ask for no stickers but they must have not put them on when I said about the surround.

Not sure how to embed.

Looks great, the moonstone suits the ID.3 with the bonus of being free.

Are you North Wexford? Will keep an eye out...

Looks great, the moonstone suits the ID.3 with the bonus of being free.

Are you North Wexford? Will keep an eye out...

I'm in Enniscothy.

I'm in Enniscothy.

Yeah, I recognised the car park. I've charged there a few times. :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, I recognised the car park. I've charged there a few times. :D

There used to be a leaf parked there every second day charging when it was free. Haven't seen it since :pac: fecking freeloaders :pac:

Hope that wasn't you ;)

Advertisement