Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There used to be a leaf parked there every second day charging when it was free. Haven't seen it since :pac: fecking freeloaders :pac:

Hope that wasn't you ;)

Leaf? ...Puhleeeze! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Just for interest Titian, did the car come with the latest software 0570?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

eagerv wrote: »
    Just for interest Titian, did the car come with the latest software 0570?

I'll have a look now. I did ask about the update you were getting but the dealer said that they've been told not to give that to cars unless it's showing certain problems.

Photo of my system information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Photo of my system information.

That's bad form. It should have been updated before you collected it. The car was sitting there long enough.

• Advertisement

That's bad form. It should have been updated before you collected it. The car was sitting there long enough.

Ah I don't mind. Haven't had any issues yet and they said if I do to let them know and they'll collect it and drop it back to me.

Ah I don't mind. Haven't had any issues yet and they said if I do to let them know and they'll collect it and drop it back to me.

The only issues I have had is the car a few times not recognising the key fob.
    Hope the update sorts it. Just open with actual key and put fob in front cup holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The only issues I have had is the car a few times not recognising the key fob.
    Hope the update sorts it. Just open with actual key and put fob in front cup holder.

It seems the fob and car get out of sync. Could be a software issue alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I wonder why the car is having issues with the keys, what's different about it compared to keyless in something like a Golf? Do they have the new mobile key feature that might be throwing it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Has anyone else apart from rx8 here received 3 monthly payments from vw? I haven't received anything but my 1st finance payment was taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Has anyone else apart from rx8 here received 3 monthly payments from vw? I haven't received anything but my 1st finance payment was taken.

Another poster "Return Guide " said that he got the money about 2 weeks ago. My first payment was taken yesterday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

rx8 wrote: »
    Another poster "Return Guide " said that he got the money about 2 weeks ago. My first payment was taken yesterday too.

I got it last week.

Are you pcp or Id plan? I don’t think you get it off you pay cash or hire purchase. I think others were offered a charge point at home or a service plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Got mine last week. I’m on the ID plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Out of curiosity, has anyone been seeing issues with keyless options? I notice whenever it rains they don’t seen to work. The fob wasn’t working for a bit as well today. They everything worked. It seems to only happen when it rains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

ddarcy wrote: »
    I got it last week.

Are you pcp or Id plan? I don’t think you get it off you pay cash or hire purchase. I think others were offered a charge point at home or a service plan.

I'm on the ID Plan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

rx8 wrote: »

Just to confirm, 3 months payments deposited to my account 2-3 days before the first repayment was taken out. PCP plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

Definitely getting mudflaps fitted - the muck coming off the road, especially at the front, is unreal. Especially noticeable on a white car!

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

Had a great spin tonight around back roads. Average speed was just under 70km/h and averaged just under 18kwh/100km (I think that's what the unit is?) over 65km journey with the heating set to 18.5c.

Had a friend with me though and it involved me flooring the car three times in each of the modes from 0-100km to show him how the car accelerates from a stop. He also got to drive it and now the poor chap is at home sulking because he doesn't own the car :pac:

Have done 230km so far and had 70km left tonight. I'm pretty happy with that especially with the way I've been driving :)

Anyway, plugged it in for the first time tonight and it's charging a way here at around 24km/h. Does this sound right? I'm not sure seeing as it's my first electric car.

Ok, time to call the dealer. I'm on pcp plan, no payments received... Actually did every one had a normal 36 month agreement?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

Ok, time to call the dealer. I'm on pcp plan, no payments received... Actually did every one had a normal 36 month agreement?

33 months here

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Advertisement

Had a great spin tonight around back roads. Average speed was just under 70km/h and averaged just under 18kwh/100km (I think that's what the unit is?) over 65km journey with the heating set to 18.5c.

Had a friend with me though and it involved me flooring the car three times in each of the modes from 0-100km to show him how the car accelerates from a stop. He also got to drive it and now the poor chap is at home sulking because he doesn't own the car :pac:

Have done 230km so far and had 70km left tonight. I'm pretty happy with that especially with the way I've been driving :)

Anyway, plugged it in for the first time tonight and it's charging a way here at around 24km/h. Does this sound right? I'm not sure seeing as it's my first electric car.

Sounds like you are enjoying the car:), it's a fun car to drive alright. I still look forward to each drive..

Your charging looks a bit slow, does your charge point indicate what it is putting into car? Can't remember what my app shows when home charging, but I wouldn't put much trust in it. Have a look at charging screen in car and report back.

Anyone using the shower? :)

33 months here

Ok, thats not good...

Sounds like you are enjoying the car:), it's a fun car to drive alright. I still look forward to each drive..

Your charging looks a bit slow, does your charge point indicate what it is putting into car? Can't remember what my app shows when home charging, but I wouldn't put much trust in it. Have a look at charging screen in car and report back.

Anyone using the shower? :)

My car said 21km/h but that was when I plugged it in. I checked the app five minutes ago and it's now saying 25km per hour.

No, no one in the shower. The car is set to stop at 80% charge.

Ok, anyone who bought the car from Blackwater motors forge hill received the payment and were they on the 33 month contract?

My car said 21km/h but that was when I plugged it in. I checked the app five minutes ago and it's now saying 25km per hour.

No, no one in the shower. The car is set to stop at 80% charge.

I find the app is a bit hit and miss, but must check it when next charging car.
    The car charging screen should be more reliable. Also with losses, you will not get the full 7.2kW.

The gom/app is probably reporting on your last drive:).

Edit, I see you are charging to 80%, which means you will be taking on about 38kWh. I would have expected that to take about 6 hours.

I find the app is a bit hit and miss, but must check it when next charging car.
    The car charging screen should be more reliable. Also with losses, you will not get the full 7.2kW.

The gom/app is probably reporting on your last drive:).

Edit, I see you are charging to 80%, which means you will be taking on about 38kWh. I would have expected that to take about 6 hours.

The highest rate of charge I saw showing in the We Connect app was 28km/h. I only have a basic EO charger so don't think there's an app for that.

Is there a way to change the charge display in the car to show the charge rate at kw/h rather than km/h?

Edit: it was actually done charging around 7am because there didn't appear to be any light on at the charge port.

The highest rate of charge I saw showing in the We Connect app was 28km/h. I only have a basic EO charger so don't think there's an app for that.

Is there a way to change the charge display in the car to show the charge rate at kw/h rather than km/h?

Edit: it was actually done charging around 7am because there didn't appear to be any light on at the charge port.

I assume your charge point is tethered?

I assume your charge point is tethered?

Yes. EO Mini tethered.

Yes. EO Mini tethered.

OK, I wouldn't worry too much about the km/hour charging speed. It takes a while to settle down. As you say, it's your first charge.

Try a few more charges and try and check time/ percentage of battery. Then you will know if your charger is outputting correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

OK, I wouldn't worry too much about the km/hour charging speed. It takes a while to settle down. As you say, it's your first charge.

Try a few more charges and try and check time/ percentage of battery. Then you will know if your charger is outputting correctly.

On Sunday i got 11KW/h from a 22KW/h charger & the only 1 charging (reported by the charger)

Advertisement