Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Can anyone confirm,
    Not sure if it was always there but I'm pretty sure it wasn't, when your in sport there should be no regen in D only when you put it in B, I seem to have it in both now so can't freewheel in D.

When mine was in Sport I always had stronger regen, even when in D. I don't like strong regen, so normally leave in Comfort and D. Or Individual mode with some Sport settings.

I did read that there are some new settings on Driving modes since the 0570 software update, which I had done a few weeks ago. Must have a play around..

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Can anyone confirm if they have being able to active the ID.3 on the VW-Portal I've logged into & tried to register my ID.3 but it refused my VIN..

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭OCD

Hi All,

I've been following the thread for the last few weeks.

Anyone go for the sports seat? If so, are they comfy? Worth the €1500?

Anyone out there with the Penny Copper styling on the Moonstone? Or Manganese Grey with silver styling? Or Stonewashed Blue? Would love to see some pictures.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

eagerv wrote: »
    When mine was in Sport I always had stronger regen, even when in D. I don't like strong regen, so normally leave in Comfort and D. Or Individual mode with some Sport settings.

I did read that there are some new settings on Driving modes since the 0570 software update, which I had done a few weeks ago. Must have a play around..

Sounds a bit like the GTE from what I remember, stronger regen in GTE mode. Harder on the brakes for the spirited driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

OCD wrote: »
    Hi All,

I've been following the thread for the last few weeks.

Anyone go for the sports seat? If so, are they comfy? Worth the €1500?

Anyone out there with the Penny Copper styling on the Moonstone? Or Manganese Grey with silver styling? Or Stonewashed Blue? Would love to see some pictures.

Thanks.

Those are the options on the cars for January. We all have the First Edition in various trim levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭OCD

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Those are the options on the cars for January. We all have the First Edition in various trim levels.

Gotcha, that explains a lot.

So can you only get First Editions now or are we in limbo with no First Editions and no regular versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

From looking at carzone etc most of the dealers have the 1st Plus model at the moment, dont think i saw any of the 1st Base.

The 1st base model is better than the bases series model, but imo, i would hold out for the tech model over the 1st plus

Got a Dash Cam system yesterday, wanted a front and rear with satnav. It's the Thinkware f200. Haven't had a chance to play with settings properly yet, but impressed how neat and unintrusive it is.

Cannot see front or rear camera from driving position which I like. Rear camera is perhaps about an inch too low at present, as rear wiper can be seen in playback when in settled position and also camera not fully in wiping area. When raised an inch camera will still not be seen behind centre rear headrest when driving.

cMpCuHB.jpg

1zHqFcR.jpg

F3EY0KH.jpg

Got a Dash Cam system yesterday, wanted a front and rear with satnav. It's the Thinkware f200. Haven't had a chance to play with settings properly yet, but impressed how neat and unintrusive it is.

Cannot see front or rear camera from driving position which I like. Rear camera is perhaps about an inch too low at present, as rear wiper can be seen in playback when in settled position and also camera not fully in wiping area. When raised an inch camera will still not be seen behind centre rear headrest when driving.

cMpCuHB.jpg

1zHqFcR.jpg

F3EY0KH.jpg

Looking great you powering from the 12v port in the boot?

Looking great you powering from the 12v port in the boot?

Wired in permanently to fuse.(Not by me..:))

• Advertisement

Wired in permanently to fuse.(Not by me..:))

fair play.. I ran my cable from the rear boot socket up the passenger side to the front as was reading on here that EV & fuseboxes are complicated; that & I don't actually know where the fuse box is in the ID.3 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Just had our first glitch after 4 and a half weeks and 1800 km.
    My wife rang to say she was on her way home with a blank centre console 10" screen. Windows fogging up as no air con but car was driving.

I tried resetting the infotainment panel with a 20 second hold on the panel power key. No luck. I rang the garage and am waiting the call back.
    After a cup of tea and bit of a think, I put it on charge, a tried a reset again, this time I held the panel power key and pushed the start stop button, after a few seconds the centre panel displayed the welcome to id3 message and booted up as normal.

The garage rang back, the sales guy says the service manager will take it in if I want so they can check it on the computer. Update to SW ver 570 is not an option though, they are only doing that for cars with service issues fixed by 570, the dead 12 volt battery being one.

Anyway posting here in case someone else has a dead infotainment display issue.

fair play.. I ran my cable from the rear boot socket up the passenger side to the front as was reading on here that EV & fuseboxes are complicated; that & I don't actually know where the fuse box is in the ID.3 :-)

Need that 12V socket for the beer cooler lol..:)

Had the cam fitted professionally, he does work for VW and other Garages in Waterford. VW said no problem wiring direct, most do it that way.

Fuse box is in left hand part of glove box (Which means glove box cannot take much more than gloves..) Fitter is well used to EVs but said that it took a while to identify the correct fuse due to the seat and door power on system.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Had the cam fitted professionally, he does work for VW and other Garages in Waterford. VW said no problem wiring direct, most do it that way.

You must have gotten DD to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Fuse box is in left hand part of glove box (Which means glove box cannot take much more than gloves..) Fitter is well used to EVs but said that it took a while to identify the correct fuse due to the seat and door power on system.

Can you find out which fuse he ended up using?

Irishjg wrote: »
    You must have gotten DD to do it

Yes, correct. He asked me not to mention his name on social media etc, he is so busy atm with systems in cars etc.;). We are getting 3 done, next one wont be for about a month...

If any one wants more details send me a PM.

Can you find out which fuse he ended up using?

Will do, will check fuse box if rain ever stops.:) Presume he used a fuse tap, I went out to check car earlier but came in a few minutes later like a drowned rat....

Your future model may not have similar fuse positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Will do, will check fuse box if rain ever stops.:) Presume he used a fuse tap, I went out to check car earlier but came in a few minutes later like a drowned rat....

Your future model may not have similar fuse positions?

I'd say (see what I did there?) that they'll all have the same fuse board with some blank positions for missing spec. I presume they're micro fuses too?

My dash cam in the e-Niro is tapped into one of the micro fuses, so I'll have the fuse tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone know of someone looking to buy a Manganese Grey ID through a business to get the 0% BIK.
    Putting it up for sale it's not suitable for my milage, probably a couple of grand in a saving there for someone. Milage is 3.5k at the moment.
    Will advertise it shortly just said I'd post it here in case anyones interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

After chasing the dealer for a few days my suspicion about my contract was confirmed. Indeed I was given a “wrong” pcp contract, dealer blames the bank... They are trying to figure out what to do, but I would advise anyone who bought the car in cork and not received the money from the bank to contact the dealer. Tbh I’m disappointed but not surprised and next time I will have to shop around... Also, brought the car to fix my keys, the second key is now opening the car but the middle button on both keys still doesn’t open the boot when the car is locked. Baffling. And had to return back to the dealer after collecting the car as one of the headlights was point down and not moving when selecting a gear. Was given a replacement car as it was too late to check it that late in the evening. They suspected one of motors is on the way out...
    While in the showroom, had a mooch around the plus model - the seats are def sportier than in the base version, the leatherette on the arm rests is horrible though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Anyone know of someone looking to buy a Manganese Grey ID through a business to get the 0% BIK.
    Putting it up for sale it's not suitable for my milage, probably a couple of grand in a saving there for someone. Milage is 3.5k at the moment.
    Will advertise it shortly just said I'd post it here in case anyones interested.

I'll ask around, there's one or two people in my area who might be interested in going electric.
    Which trim level is it?

Mind if I ask how it didn't suit your current mileage? Was the range too short, or way more than what you need?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Do you need to send a copy of the Tax Book to SEAI when applying for the charger grant?

I sent in my application without the Tax Book and it was returned asking to include it.

The only reason I didn't send it initially is because the last line in the tick box section reads

"Copy of Vehicle Registration Certificate (required only for second hand or imported vehicles (new or second hand))".

Do you need to send a copy of the Tax Book to SEAI when applying for the charger grant?

I sent in my application without the Tax Book and it was returned asking to include it.

The only reason I didn't send it initially is because the last line in the tick box section reads

"Copy of Vehicle Registration Certificate (required only for second hand or imported vehicles (new or second hand))".

I don't remember sending in my Tax book, but could be wrong, it was last March. I would phone them to clarify. I found them very helpful anytime I called them.

I don't remember sending in my Tax book, but could be wrong, it was last March. I would phone them to clarify. I found them very helpful anytime I called them.

Ah I don't mind sending it in.

The installer forgot to out the install date on the form as well and I didn't cop it so just means I need to wait another few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I applied for the grant before I had the car and there was no issue. I think I only need to send it for payment after install but this could be the stage you are at currently

I'll ask around, there's one or two people in my area who might be interested in going electric.
    Which trim level is it?

Mind if I ask how it didn't suit your current mileage? Was the range too short, or way more than what you need?

Cheers, the range isn't near enough for me.

Cheers, the range isn't near enough for me.

What are you getting out of it ,
    An honest answer is hard to get .

What are you getting out of it ,
    An honest answer is hard to get .

On the last charge with no motorway miles, all b road sub 100km, Journeys were made up of two return trips and dropping the kids to school twice, total travelled 155km, 104km remaining.
    So 259km from a 100% charge. All daytime driving, outside temperature 11.5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

On the last charge with no motorway miles, all b road sub 100km, Journeys were made up of two return trips and dropping the kids to school twice, total travelled 155km, 104km remaining.

How often do you actually need more range? Are there no chargers on your route(s), or do you simply have no time to charge?

• Advertisement

ouch,
    not a lot from a 58kwh battery

Advertisement