Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

In other news, looks like VW just announced the Passat ID clone, the ID.Aero

https://www.electrive.com/2020/11/17/volkswagen-announces-electric-station-wagon-for-2023/

Seems like it's just the Vizzion renamed.

Wonder how they're getting to 700km range, seems somewhat optimistic.
    You'd probably need 100kWh+ of battery for that plus Tesla Model S efficiency

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭eagerv

In other news, looks like VW just announced the Passat ID clone, the ID.Aero

/usr/bin/ansible-playbook -i /var/lib/pca-foundation/ansible/config/hosts /var/lib/pca-foundation/ansible/playbooks/mn_load_docker_images_to_registry.yml | tee -a /tmp/install.log

Seems like it's just the Vizzion renamed.

Wonder how they're getting to 700km range, seems somewhat optimistic.
    You'd probably need 100kWh+ of battery for that plus Tesla Model S efficiency

Cannot open your link, is this similar?

https://www.autoweek.com/news/green-cars/a34703302/vw-aero1-four-door-ev-debuting-in-2023-amid-greater-electric-push/

eagerv wrote: »

My bad, pasted a file path instead :o Fixed now

Yeah that's the old sedan version. Apparently they're leading with the "shooting brake" (translation, sporty estate) version

I really want to know what's behind that 700km range claim. As I recall the ID.Buzz was slated to have a 110kWh battery, and the Vizzion/Aero is on the same platform so that'll give it plenty of energy. Even so, you're talking Model S levels of range and efficiency.

If it does achieve 700km WLTP, then you're looking at ~500-550km of real range. If they can get that into a price point of €55-60k then that's a serious long distance EV

My bad, pasted a file path instead :o Fixed now

Yeah that's the old sedan version. Apparently they're leading with the "shooting brake" (translation, sporty estate) version

I really want to know what's behind that 700km range claim. As I recall the ID.Buzz was slated to have a 110kWh battery, and the Vizzion/Aero is on the same platform so that'll give it plenty of energy. Even so, you're talking Model S levels of range and efficiency.

If it does achieve 700km WLTP, then you're looking at ~500-550km of real range. If they can get that into a price point of €55-60k then that's a serious long distance EV

Interesting machine, 150kW+75kW Motors, what's that about 300HP?
    They mentioned a 111kWh battery, will be heavy and expensive I would imagine...

I know that AC charging is often not flavour of the month here on Boards, but its certainly handy with the ID.3 for me. Stopped for 1 hour, while ate a bit of lunch, which was enough charge for me for my day. They have certainly been freed up now that there is a charge, good thing IMO.

Per App, Total Energy: 11.358kWh. Duration: 01:01:01. Cost:€3.04.

Nice day in car considering only 1 month from winter solstice (Although not 15.5C as per car thermometer..:)) Even had to open window...
    Left just after pics taken.

c35tGGl.jpg
    7TGYoCN.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Got my first dead key battery today.

Do you need to replace it or just leave it in the front cup holder to recharge?

TitianGerm wrote: »

Welcome to the club...:)

No, battery probably fine, you can take fob out of cup holder when started. Fob should work as normal then until the next time..(I changed battery in mine, but there was no need.)

Edit. I have had the 0570 software update done, hasn't happened since, but early days yet. I saw somewhere that it has happened to others even after update.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

I had the key recoded at the dealer and it works now. I think I mentioned it here before - I can’t unlock the boot using the middle button. Does anyone else have this issue. Dealer is not sure why it doesn’t work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

I had a phone call from my dealer today asking about the car following the recent update. I got the impression though that he was trying to placate me because he knew I wasn't happy with having to get 4 buses last Friday.

I had the key recoded at the dealer and it works now. I think I mentioned it here before - I can’t unlock the boot using the middle button. Does anyone else have this issue. Dealer is not sure why it doesn’t work.

Just went out to try it, didn't appear to work..
    But then I held finger on button for about 3 seconds or so and it worked:). (Until lights flashed)

Every day for me is a learning day with this car:D

• Advertisement

Also discovered recently you can open and close the windows by holding down on unlock/lock button on fob. Handy on a hot day before setting off...

Also discovered recently you can open and close the windows by holding down on unlock/lock button on fob. Handy on a hot day before setting off...

This was feature works even on polos:) yes, pressing the button for 3 sec unlocks the boot. Weird, why vw is complicating things? On my golf you just need to press the button once! Thx btw

This was feature works even on polos:) yes, pressing the button for 3 sec unlocks the boot. Weird, why vw is complicating things? On my golf you just need to press the button once! Thx btw

Probably better that way, so you don't accidentally open it when fob in pocket. I think on my last Honda you had to press button twice to open boot.

Not all cars have global opening of windows, our Ioniq doesn't have it. It's handy though..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just went out to try it, didn't appear to work..
    But then I held finger on button for about 3 seconds or so and it worked:). (Until lights flashed)

Every day for me is a learning day with this car:D

Yea that's the only way the boot opens for me without unlocking the whole thing.

Yea that's the only way the boot opens for me without unlocking the whole thing.

I will probably never use it anyway, will just unlock whole car.

At least, thank goodness, it doesn't spring open when you hold down on the button. A few times I came out to an open boot on a previous Skoda Superb.:D

Presume the ID.3 locks the boot again after a short while if you don't open the boot? (Similar to the main car locking)

I will probably never use it anyway, will just unlock whole car.

At least, thank goodness, it doesn't spring open when you hold down on the button. A few times I came out to an open boot on a previous Skoda Superb.:D

Presume the ID.3 locks the boot again after a short while if you don't open the boot? (Similar to the main car locking)

Should be 30s. I use it when I load the shopping in the boot and then returning the trolley back to the bay. Don’t need to lock the car, just close boot.

After 2 weeks of calls to the dealership and vw banks I have finally received the 3 month credit from vw. Yay

• Registered Users Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Thats a common feature in VAG's, going back decades nearly at this stage, but alot of cars dont have it. Leaf didnt have it. Its a useful feature.

Another good one for the ID.3 is if you press the "Rear" button on the door for a few seconds, it will start flashing and then when you operate the up/down buttons it will roll up/down two windows together instead of one.

Personally, I would have preferred 4 buttons but this is useful if you want/need to roll up/down two windows at the one time on the ID.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I saw a white one in Tesco Wexford yesterday, about 12. Looked well. Anyone here?

I saw a white one in Tesco Wexford yesterday, about 12. Looked well. Anyone here?

Not me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

KCross wrote: »
    Thats a common feature in VAG's, going back decades nearly at this stage, but alot of cars dont have it. Leaf didnt have it. Its a useful feature.

Another good one for the ID.3 is if you press the "Rear" button on the door for a few seconds, it will start flashing and then when you operate the up/down buttons it will roll up/down two windows together instead of one.

Personally, I would have preferred 4 buttons but this is useful if you want/need to roll up/down two windows at the one time on the ID.3.

Is that front and back on same side?

Is that front and back on same side?

Yes.
    Not sure if you operate both buttons together then all 4 windows will move.

Another new one for me, I really should RTFM some day..:)
    Went out to try it, seems to work all 4 windows at once.

I actually like only having two window switches, means I don't accidentally open rear windows (Which I regularly do on other cars). I am sure it wasn't much of a cost saving(If any) by VW. Would have thought it would have been easier for them just to use the normal switches from their parts bin.

I actually like only having two window switches, means I don't accidentally open rear windows (Which I regularly do on other cars). I am sure it wasn't much of a cost saving(If any) by VW. Would have thought it would have been easier for them just to use the normal switches from their parts bin.

I agree, I doubt it was for cost saving. Its just a design element..... just to be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Just ordered my ID.3, dealer says delivery likely February. Reading the posts here, it's a really good community of ID.3 fans. Really hoping my car will have the new software on it, not looking forward to 12v battery issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

eko wrote: »
    Just ordered my ID.3, dealer says delivery likely February. Reading the posts here, it's a really good community of ID.3 fans. Really hoping my car will have the new software on it, not looking forward to 12v battery issues!

Congrats - i love mine & haven't yet experienced any issues (had it 6 weeks now). the software isn't that bad once you turn off the voice control.. I read that they are installing all new cars on the factory from week 49 on the production line - failing that then its via the dealer from Jan so either way i expect you're covered..

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Anyone removed the rain/radar sensor casing on the ID3 windscreen? I'm looking to route a dash-cam wire under it to keep it tidy & want to know if its easy & how its done (looking on youtube for removing the VW Golf casing, they say pull it in 2 & i'm hoping the same is true for the ID3 ; e.g. -youtube)

I agree, I doubt it was for cost saving. Its just a design element..... just to be different.

Jack from electroheads spotted the same thing about the window controls, he said he was surprised you didn't have to stroke the window or something to open it

Now I'm actually really disappointed that you can't open the window by stroking the door panel :D

Like some of the other things on the car, it does feel like the designers went a bit crazy. Not surprising really given how previous VW cars have been extremely conservative with changes

eko wrote: »

Congrats, I'm waiting on my ID.4 in January.

I was going to suggest organising some sort of ID owners meet up after lockdown, but we'd probably all just end up crowded around a single DC charger and it'd be chaos :D

• Advertisement

Anyone removed the rain/radar sensor casing on the ID3 windscreen? I'm looking to route a dash-cam wire under it to keep it tidy & want to know if its easy & how its done (looking on youtube for removing the VW Golf casing, they say pull it in 2 & i'm hoping the same is true for the ID3 ; e.g. -youtube)

The fella who fitted mine said most of the panels came off easily enough for routing cables. The only one that was different to other cars was the rear hatchback. Apparently a lot of plastics used in construction. He did mention though that construction was of a high standard, we shouldn't be getting rattles..

Advertisement