Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

eagerv wrote: »
    The fella who fitted mine said most of the panels came off easily enough for routing cables. The only one that was different to other cars was the rear hatchback. Apparently a lot of plastics used in construction. He did mention though that construction was of a high standard, we shouldn't be getting rattles..

Did you ever find out which fuse he used?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Did you ever find out which fuse he used?

Tried taking pic of it with phone, but quality not good. Must try and get a better pic with proper camera. He used two blank positions..

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

The fella who fitted mine said most of the panels came off easily enough for routing cables. The only one that was different to other cars was the rear hatchback. Apparently a lot of plastics used in construction. He did mention though that construction was of a high standard, we shouldn't be getting rattles..

you had yours directly under the casing didn't you with the wire routed though the casing (remember you posted a pic) - i'm toying with having it there or directly right of the black "dot matrix" window markers on the passenger side if i can't route though the sensor casing..

you had yours directly under the casing didn't you with the wire routed though the casing (remember you posted a pic) - i'm toying with having it there or directly right of the black "dot matrix" window markers on the passenger side if i can't route though the sensor casing..

The sensor casing comes off easily afaik, didn't it fall off when Carwow tested it, lol.

Be careful if fitted too high outside wiper cleaning area. I wanted the whole system as hidden as possible, hence the positioning.

My pics https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115256360&postcount=5890

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Congrats, I'm waiting on my ID.4 in January.

I was going to suggest organising some sort of ID owners meet up after lockdown, but we'd probably all just end up crowded around a single DC charger and it'd be chaos :D

Can we go to that legendary charger in Waterford?

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »

Good idea, if we pick a nice day we can even fine dine outside..Might even get table service providing we don't BYO.:p

Errrmm I have a very important appointment somewhere else that day. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Haha, tempting, although we might end up with his security force running us out of town :D

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Finally my ID. Charger Connect installed this week. I used it for the first time last night. The car was at 20% and I had set it to go to 80% and the time was coming up as just under 5 hours. This seems to suggest I was getting around 7.2 kW of power.

However when I checked it in the morning it was only at 57% so I'm not sure what happened?

I can't find much online about using the ID. Charger Connect and I can't seem to connect it to my wi-fi or lock it so that it will only charge on certain cards. Anyone got any ideas?

Well, could be 2 things, you could be charging at a slower rate or the charger could have failed after a couple of hours

As you say the car indicated it was charging at 7kW, so that's not likely the issue

I'd suggest plugging it in during the day and keeping an eye on it so see how fast it's charging and if it hits an error

• Advertisement

Finally my ID. Charger Connect installed this week. I used it for the first time last night. The car was at 20% and I had set it to go to 80% and the time was coming up as just under 5 hours. This seems to suggest I was getting around 7.2 kW of power.

However when I checked it in the morning it was only at 57% so I'm not sure what happened?

I can't find much online about using the ID. Charger Connect and I can't seem to connect it to my wi-fi or lock it so that it will only charge on certain cards. Anyone got any ideas?

Is the charger tripped this morning? Happened a few times when we installed our Zappi. Installer changed to a better make of RCBO (Same size) and fine since.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

I couldn't connect mine to wifi either but mine has LTE so that seems to be green - the interface is shocking & most things are 'under construction' - I haven't did a full charge yet as i've free electric & a 22KW charge point around the corner..

Thanks for the advice. I used the car a bit today so it’s down to 48%. I’ve set the limit to 100% and plugged it in there and the time coming up is about 4.5hrs which sounds right.

I’ll keep an eye on it and hopefully it doesn’t stop again.

I think a lot of the functionality on the charger isn’t available yet but I can’t find out when it will be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Chris from YouTube channel Battery Life has just completed a 90kmh winter range test. He achieved just under 290km with turtle mode activated. He estimated he had 54kw available including heat losses. The temp was 1 degree Celsius in calm dry conditions with some localised fog in areas along the route.

Irishjg wrote: »
    Chris from YouTube channel Battery Life has just completed a 90kmh winter range test. He achieved just under 290km with turtle mode activated. He estimated he had 54kw available including heat losses. The temp was 1 degree Celsius in calm dry conditions with some localised fog in areas along the route.

Is that range good?

Is that range good?

I suppose that’s a matter of both expectations and needs from each individual. The figure seems to be in line with winter range estimates on the EV-Database website. Chris is doing a 130kmh range test as I type this. Looking forward to seeing the result.

Irishjg wrote: »
    I suppose that’s a matter of both expectations and needs from each individual. The figure seems to be in line with winter range estimates on the EV-Database website. Chris is doing a 130kmh range test as I type this. Looking forward to seeing the result.

Chris likes his car toasty warm. I think he likes it at 24C. That'll take a lump out of the range, especially without a heat pump.

Anyone notice the price differences if charging on ECars type 2 if using the VW We Charge card?

I see some of them are listed now at €0.60/kWh, while others are at €1.02 start fee and €0.38/kWh + €0.24/min after 45 mins.

The fast chargers are similar, with the two prices in operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Anyone notice the price differences if charging on ECars type 2 if using the VW We Charge card?

I see some of them are listed now at €0.60/kWh, while others are at €1.02 start fee and €0.38/kWh + €0.24/min after 45 mins.

The fast chargers are similar, with the two prices in operation.

Thanks for the heads up. I see the 50kW ecars charger I use has switched to 60c. That’s twice the price of paying through ecars directly. I think the we charge card won’t see the light of day again once I manage to spend my 600€

Thanks for the heads up. I see the 50kW ecars charger I use has switched to 60c. That’s twice the price of paying through ecars directly. I think the we charge card won’t see the light of day again once I manage to spend my 600€

Likewise, if I manage to spend my €600. Unfortunately no Ionity on the southern corridor (Wexford - Cork - Kerry).

• Advertisement

Is there a thread here which has a list or recommendations of stuff for new EV owners? I'm thinking apps, cards etc?

Quick update regarding Youtuber Battery life’s motorway winter range test this afternoon. 212km distance achieved with 3% Battery remaining. Avg speed was 125kph. Conditions similar to earlier 90kph run.

Is there a thread here which has a list or recommendations of stuff for new EV owners? I'm thinking apps, cards etc?

Not that I know of, but I have found the folk on Boards (Generally:)) very helpful. Just check the relevant threads and ask whatever you want..

Thanks for the advice. I used the car a bit today so it’s down to 48%. I’ve set the limit to 100% and plugged it in there and the time coming up is about 4.5hrs which sounds right.

I’ll keep an eye on it and hopefully it doesn’t stop again.

I think a lot of the functionality on the charger isn’t available yet but I can’t find out when it will be released.

Charged perfectly second time round so I’ve no idea what happened on the first attempt!

Charged perfectly second time round so I’ve no idea what happened on the first attempt!

Sometimes charging goes wrong unfortunately, hopefully it doesn't happen too often.

My instrument cluster didn't work on the way home at lunchtime but surprisingly the main screen was working, as was air-con, maps and radio etc.

That's the first major issue I've seen so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

My instrument cluster didn't work on the way home at lunchtime but surprisingly the main screen was working, as was air-con, maps and radio etc.

That's the first major issue I've seen so far.

Did it stop working while you were driving, or was it like that when you startted driving?

Did you try turning it off and on again?

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Did it stop working while you were driving, or was it like that when you startted driving?

Did you try turning it off and on again?

Was like that when I started the car. Switched it off and back on and it stayed the same. I'll be heading back to work shortly so I'll see if it's reset itself.

Edit: back working now but for some reason the car had changed to miles instead of KM and from comfort to sport.

Chris from Battery life did a heat pump vs PTC video using 2 ID.3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nJamTspSM0

Probably one of the few actual real world tests of both heating systems. Looks like the heat pump saved around 12Wh/km on the ID.3 and had around an extra 30km range remaining after driving the same route under the same conditions

• Advertisement

Another interesting little tip I learnt on another forum is if you touch the heater temperature slide control with two fingers it turns on/off the seat heating.

Much easier and quicker than opening the climate screen.

Also by using two fingers on the volume slider it zooms in/out map.

Advertisement