Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Yep - had to use emergency key. the red light on the key illuminates when pressed so the battery is fine..

It def looks like that 12v battery problems only affect the plus and max models.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

It def looks like that 12v battery problems only affect the plus and max models.

Mines a plus

Car was overnight at -2C. I presume its the battery heating which was pulling most the power.

Car was overnight at -2C. I presume its the battery heating which was pulling most the power.

Saw the same when sitting in my car yesterday idle - it was at 10 KW/H on start (heating from cold)

Saw the same when sitting in my car yesterday idle - it was at 10 KW/H on start (heating from cold)

Scary consumption as well:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I suspect at that temperature the battery has lost some of its capacity. I wonder does the ID 3 mark that as increased consumption?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

At the moment I reckon a usable range of about 200 km is all I’m getting. Very disappointing. I knew the wltp of 420 was unrealistic but less than 50% is bit much��

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Johnfred wrote: »
    At the moment I reckon a usable range of about 200 km is all I’m getting. Very disappointing. I knew the wltp of 420 was unrealistic but less than 50% is bit much��

That seems very low:eek:.

Are you driving a lot of short, spaced out trips? Pre heating the battery seems to be using a lot of power.

I am just back from about 160km today, pre heated before leaving when plugged in and happy enough with efficiency considering some freezing fog at times..

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

eagerv wrote: »
    That seems very low:eek:.

Are you driving a lot of short, spaced out trips? Pre heating the battery seems to be using a lot of power.

I am just back from about 160km today, pre heated before leaving when plugged in and happy enough with efficiency considering some freezing fog at times..

Mainly short trips 5-10km

Ok, have you tried pre heating car before setting off? It wont save on electricity, but will give you a much better range if you need it..

At least the battery is being well looked after, it should last for ever..:pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah I see with my Leaf that the first few km consume a lot of battery, especially in winter as the cabin is warming up. Preheating while plugged in helps alleviate some of this

Also, the state of charge is really an estimation, it's somewhat inaccurate over short distances.

The only tried and tested way to estimate range is to drive the car down to a low state of charge in a single journey and see how far you got

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭optimal

Yeah I see with my Leaf that the first few km consume a lot of battery, especially in winter as the cabin is warming up. Preheating while plugged in helps alleviate some of this

Also, the state of charge is really an estimation, it's somewhat inaccurate over short distances.

The only tried and tested way to estimate range is to drive the car down to a low state of charge in a single journey and see how far you got

You could also pick a point say 90%, see how many Kms you have driven by 70% and multiply by 5 to get a good estimation bearing in mind the way you drove, hills etc. Obviously the bigger the gap you select the better. The GOM is worse than useless - I never even look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭PATJOE

Anyone compared id3 1st and full line up now?

Looks like you'd have got better spec for same if not less money if you waited on full line up?
    I went with 1st plus but really wanted pan roof 😕

Looking at id4 to change from Tiguan but thinking to skip the 1st model

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Matt406

Matt406 wrote: »
    Folks – what is your opinion on the ID.3 1st Max vs the ID.3 Max?

Looking that the spec and pricing on both cars (ID.3 1st Max - €48,345 vs ID.3 Max €43,730), it is hard to see what you get for the extra approx. €4600 for the ID.3 1st Max (or am I missing something here)?

Any thoughts??

Same here PATJOE - i'm struggling to find the value in the 1st edition!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭quokula

What’s in the welcome pack that comes with the first edition?

When I picked mine up a couple of weeks ago (a very covid socially distant “here’s your keys and off you go” affair) they said the welcome box was delayed and they’d send it after. There’s been no sign so I want to follow up but I’m not actually sure what it is. I think it contains a charging card, what else?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

quokula wrote: »
    What’s in the welcome pack that comes with the first edition?

When I picked mine up a couple of weeks ago (a very covid socially distant “here’s your keys and off you go” affair) they said the welcome box was delayed and they’d send it after. There’s been no sign so I want to follow up but I’m not actually sure what it is. I think it contains a charging card, what else?

A pair of socks!
    WeCharge card
    A wipe thingy... like you'd use to clean glasses
    And a USB-C adaptor lead

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

KCross wrote: »
    A pair of socks!
    WeCharge card
    And a USB-C adaptor lead

And a little packet of seeds. Must remember to plant them.

A few users on various Facebook groups have had the big software upgrade (tm) installed this week. At the moment it’s ver 2.0 for people how’ve had serios software bugs. There’s talk of 2.1 being the standard once they start the full roll out in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

Anyone else not getting invoices for the charging? Haven’t received any yet. Sent a couple of emails but still no joy.

heron_joe wrote: »
    Anyone else not getting invoices for the charging? Haven’t received any yet. Sent a couple of emails but still no joy.

Got 1 for using the fast charger on the M1 a month back that is it (used the ESB ones) - wouldn't worry about it as the we-connect setup isn't in place so your charging session likely falling through the cracks & they won't charge you..

A pair of socks!
    WeCharge card
    And a USB-C adaptor lead

I think my mum got a piggy bank shaped like a VW campervan as well

• Advertisement

Got 1 for using the fast charger on the M1 a month back that is it (used the ESB ones) - wouldn't worry about it as the we-connect setup isn't in place so your charging session likely falling through the cracks & they won't charge you..

Thanks, that’s interesting. I’ve been exclusively using ESB chargers and I’ve been mainly using the 22kW chargers. Only used the 50kW chargers once and the 150kW chargers twice :)

Thanks, that’s interesting. I’ve been exclusively using ESB chargers and I’ve been mainly using the 22kW chargers. Only used the 50kW chargers once and the 150kW chargers twice :)

I've used the 22KW ESB chargers as well (at least 10 times) - never seen it appear on the we.connect app - still have 590EUR to spend

I've used the 22KW ESB chargers as well (at least 10 times) - never seen it appear on the we.connect app - still have 590EUR to spend

You could always sell the card to someone if you aren't going to use the credit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭PickYourName

A pair of socks!
    WeCharge card
    And a USB-C adaptor lead

....and a a cuddly toy?

Note: you have to be a certain vintage to pick up on that reference! :)

Is there a way to check the WeCharge card balance without getting an invoice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

There's charging history available in the we connect app. It shows kwh consumption not the cost per charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

There's charging history available in the we connect app. It shows kwh consumption not the cost per charge.

I think you need to wait for your monthly statement to see what value is left on your card.

Nothing new in the info really but it shows a 2.0 and a 2.1 version with the OTA updates being available from 2.1+, so thats the one you need really.

https://www.speakev.com/threads/id-3-software-updates-2-0-and-2-1.155322/

Seems like it takes hours and hours to get this update installed!

• Advertisement

I think you need to wait for your monthly statement to see what value is left on your card.

I still have not been charged for I think 3 charges on ECars with my VW card, going back to end of Sept/Oct. Not complaining though...:p

Advertisement