Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

njburke wrote: »
    There's charging history available in the we connect app. It shows kwh consumption not the cost per charge.

Thanks folks :) I’m guessing the charge history on the app will only show up for ionity charging? Nothing displaying for me in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

eagerv wrote: »
    I still have not been charged for I think 3 charges on ECars with my VW card, going back to end of Sept/Oct. Not complaining though...:p

I’m the same. I’ve been holding off using it for when I have to start going to Dublin a lot again, but if it is free I’m not going to complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

ddarcy wrote: »
    I’m the same. I’ve been holding off using it for when I have to start going to Dublin a lot again, but if it is free I’m not going to complain!

I think in my case the Ecars rapid was at a certain location in Waterford. It may have been on free vend, or simply not working correctly....

KCross wrote: »
    I think you need to wait for your monthly statement to see what value is left on your card.

The app shows each session and itemised per month, but I have yet to get any statement. But I have only been charged (Free) so far with Ionity.

I can find no details on app of total kWh used or cr remaining. OK, easy enough atm to total up the kWh myself, have only used Ionity I think 7 times so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

The app shows each session and itemised per month, but I have yet to get any statement. But I have only been charged (Free) so far with Ionity.

I can find no details on app of total kWh used or cr remaining. OK, easy enough atm to total up the kWh myself, have only used Ionity I think 7 times so far..

The monthly statement shows all that and it also gives a Euro amount that is remaining on your €600 free credit.

Maybe eCars and/or WeCharge have not figured out the billing yet between themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Maybe eCars and/or WeCharge have not figured out the billing yet between themselves.

Last week I tested out my Plugsurfing fob on an ESB ECars chargers and it still hasn't shown in my charging history

So I wouldn't be surprised if it was an issue with ESB and not WeCharge

On the plus side, we might have found a way to score free ESB charging :D

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

The monthly statement shows all that and it also gives a Euro amount that is remaining on your €600 free credit.

Perhaps I'm going blind, but cannot see any balance on my iOS app..

No heating of battery earlier today. Car showed 5.5C, short trip didn't have high energy usage. ( I hadn't pre heated car)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Perhaps I'm going blind, but cannot see any balance on my iOS app..

Its not on the app. The monthly statement is an email with an attachment and the balance is listed in there.

Maybe you have the email diverting to junk folders or something... search for "noreply@wecharge.notifications.elli.eco"

Its not on the app. The monthly statement is an email with an attachment and the balance is listed in there.

Maybe you have the email diverting to junk folders or something... search for "noreply@wecharge.notifications.elli.eco"

Thanks for that, will do when home later.

• Advertisement

I see that the pricing for ESB chargers using the We Charge card has reverted back to €0.38/kWh plus start-up fee of €1.02 (Any I have checked in my area)

Yes found the invoices alright, but no bill for any of my ESB charging with the We Charge card, happy days..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

No heating of battery earlier today. Car showed 5.5C, short trip didn't have high energy usage. ( I hadn't pre heated car)

Same for me - got 17 over about 10km which, for me, is good..

Nothing new in the info really but it shows a 2.0 and a 2.1 version with the OTA updates being available from 2.1+, so thats the one you need really.

https://www.speakev.com/threads/id-3-software-updates-2-0-and-2-1.155322/

Seems like it takes hours and hours to get this update installed!

Looks as though this update is going to bring all the features we hoped were coming..

Not worried re how long it takes to do update, they have been good so far giving me a car.

Noticed that the fixed icons that are presently on the left of screen, have now moved to the right. A better position, closer to the driver. Will have to re-learn after nearly 3 months on the wrong side.:)

I will the update to fix OTA be out by the time the ID.4 ships

I hope it is, I don't want to become a regular at the VW service center

For anyone interested in battery heating, nextmove did a test of it in the ID.3 (in german but subtitled)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf-ikz0wrls

Currently, it seems preheating the car while plugged in will not heat the battery, which is probably what's causing the huge range drop that some folks are seeing

VW have however, said they'll fix that in a software update

There's also some other interesting looking info there but I haven't had the chance to watch it all yet

For anyone interested in battery heating, nextmove did a test of it in the ID.3 (in german but subtitled)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf-ikz0wrls

Currently, it seems preheating the car while plugged in will not heat the battery, which is probably what's causing the huge range drop that some folks are seeing

VW have however, said they'll fix that in a software update

There's also some other interesting looking info there but I haven't had the chance to watch it all yet

Interesting video, didn't have time to watch it all, but looks like VW are initially taking a cautious approach to looking after the battery. Think he said that they will be able to alter the battery heating characteristics with updates.

Glad our winter temps generally aren't too low, today the car was very efficient again..

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

Glad our winter temps generally aren't too low, today the car was very efficient again..[/QUOTE]

can i get an estimate of how efficient? thinking of upgrading my egolf (which i love). just trying to see how much extra range i would actually be buying for my money.

obviously depends on distance and type of driving but currently 16.5kw per 100km is a very generous average over the last 2months for myself.

what are your ID3's long term stats having owned the car for 1month+

Glad our winter temps generally aren't too low, today the car was very efficient again..

can i get an estimate of how efficient? thinking of upgrading my egolf (which i love). just trying to see how much extra range i would actually be buying for my money.

obviously depends on distance and type of driving but currently 16.5kw per 100km is a very generous average over the last 2months for myself.

what are your ID3's long term stats having owned the car for 1month+[/QUOTE]

Got the car on the autumnal equinox (Nearly 3 months now), but unfortunately all stats were cleared when I got the software update a month or so ago. So figures don't reflect the milder months.

My figures are probably on the low side, due to the nature of my driving. I have a three times approx per week of 90-100km on rural Co Wexford roads, where if you drove at the speed limit you would end up in the ditch.:). The sort of roads where you have to slow up or stop for wider vehicles. The remainder of my driving is on N routes and town/city driving. No motorways on the southern corridor..

I rarely start off early in morning, so temp normally not too low. I also generally pre-heat the car for comfort when plugged in.
    The ID.3 appears to heat the battery in the cold weather, so if you had a lot of short trips your figures would be a lot higher. (Probably low twenties).
    A relation has a newish EGolf, comparing figures the two seem similar enough.
    Q6TjCXR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

that's great thanks - similar consumption tells me i'm looking at a rough gain of 100km range.

• Advertisement

that's great thanks - similar consumption tells me i'm looking at a rough gain of 100km range.

Would be worth posting/checking over on SpeakEV, on the ID.3 section. A number of people over there have gone from EGolf to ID.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Have software version 0783 installed now. Hopefully it will sort most of the little issues I was having

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

First Green spotted in the wild. Had parked on the opposite side of the wall to me!!

Mr Q wrote: »
    Have software version 0783 installed now. Hopefully it will sort most of the little issues I was having

Great, you must be one of the first here..

Do you know if it's the 2.0 or 2.1 Update?

Was talking to my dealer earlier, they are unable to do as yet, but hopefully soon..

Do you know if it's the 2.0 or 2.1 Update?

Not sure but from what I have seen elsewhere I assume it is 2.0

Not sure but from what I have seen elsewhere I assume it is 2.0

Presume you will have to pre-learn the system..:) Haven't they changed the fixed icons to the right of screen?

Will be interested to hear about any changes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭quokula

Getting really frustrated now. Brought my car back to the garage four weeks ago, 2 days after purchase, for a fairly inconsequential airbag warning light - I wasn't aware it was a software issue at the time, thought it might be an actual airbag issue, thought it would be fixed in a day. Many many phonecalls and delays later and they still have it - reinstalling the old software repeatedly didn't fix the problem, and I was told they couldn't release it with a potential safety issue but I'd be getting the 2.0 software at the start of this week, but that's had two failed attempts at installing now (the installation takes a day and a bit apparently) and now they're saying next week.

I'd have just driven it with the warning light on if I'd known this was going to happen. At least I'll have 2.0 eventually when it ends. Wish I'd waited for a 21 reg car now since it'll pretty much be 2021 by the time I drive it properly.

quokula wrote: »
    Many many phonecalls and delays later and they still have it -

:eek:

Thats awful.
    I hope you get sorted next week

Presume you will have to pre-learn the system..:) Haven't they changed the fixed icons to the right of screen?

Will be interested to hear about any changes

Yeah the buttons that were on the left of the screen are now on the right.

The most frequent issue I had was the Auto Hold turning itself off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah the buttons that were on the left of the screen are now on the right.

The most frequent issue I had was the Auto Hold turning itself off.

Do you still have lag on the display?

Advertisement