Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Android Auto works wirelessly. I thought I had read only the Apple one was wireless

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Do you still have lag on the display?

It seems to start a bit quicker but it does still have lag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Had an early evening meet up with Rusky Rusky at Blanchardstown... Mc Donald's and Krispy Kreme were too busy to get coffees. Just a chat about the joys of driving the ID3 and stuff.

Nice to meet you Seva, enjoy your take-away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rx8 wrote: »
    Had an early evening meet up with Rusky Rusky at Blanchardstown... Mc Donald's and Krispy Kreme were too busy to get coffees. Just a chat about the joys of driving the ID3 and stuff.

The car on the left looks like it has tinsel around the lights!!

The car on the left looks like it has tinsel around the lights!!

It's only the rain beading on the lights. Definitely no tinsel !

• Advertisement

Forgot to say, I don't think my car liked meeting another ID3. My key stopped working when I tried to lock it and the central locking system was doing funny things on the way home afterwards. It was making clicking noises as if it was trying to lock the doors although the padlock light didn't come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Forgot to say, I don't think my car liked meeting another ID3. My key stopped working when I tried to lock it and the central locking system was doing funny things on the way home afterwards. It was making clicking noises as if it was trying to lock the doors although the padlock light didn't come on.

There may have been some issues between the two cars on the boat to Ireland. Your car could have been a bit rattled upon meeting again.
    The Germans can be a bit odd at times ... so I’ve heard. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

KCross wrote: »

It's been on Android Auto for a few years now..
    But good to see the nice big screen

The departure time option has now appeared on the Android app after the car update. Should be usefull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Good to see the update allows you to set a time to preheat the car.

We did our first long run in the ID3 last weekend. Naas to midleton. 21.5kw/100km for motorway speeds. Fast charged at Ionity Cashel. I needed to try two chargers, touchscreen seemed dead on the first.
    I got a peak charge rate of 6 km per minute, which I think is 50kw rate.
    No charginging rate is shown on the Ionity charger either.
    Other than that all good, better than our leaf 24 which required two charges plus granny charging. With the id3 I charged in cashel with enough juice to make midleton and return to cashel the following day.

Mr Q wrote: »
    The departure time option has now appeared on the Android app after the car update. Should be usefull

The original 0564 software in the ID.3 has a departure time option in the menu in the car but it doesnt work. It wouldnt surprise me at all that the update on the Android app allows you to change the settings in the car but it will still do nothing.

Will be interested to hear from you that the 0570 software actually enables that feature but dont be surprised if it doesnt! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Likewise Marty! It was good to chat with another ID3 owner:)

The original 0564 software in the ID.3 has a departure time option in the menu in the car but it doesnt work. It wouldnt surprise me at all that the update on the Android app allows you to change the settings in the car but it will still do nothing.

Will be interested to hear from you that the 0570 software actually enables that feature but dont be surprised if it doesnt! :)

I have software 0783. Setting the departure time is now working, I have set it through the phone and the car was warm when I got in. Have not set it in the car yet but assume it is also working.

The Android app has not updated since the 1st of December I think but the departure time option only appeared on it once I got the car software updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

I have software 0783. Setting the departure time is now working, I have set it through the phone and the car was warm when I got in. Have not set it in the car yet but assume it is also working.

The Android app has not updated since the 1st of December I think but the departure time option only appeared on it once I got the car software updated.
    Did you contact the service dept directly or your sales guy to get the update? I have issues with autohold too but maybe only once a week

McHonda wrote: »
    Did you contact the service dept directly or your sales guy to get the update? I have issues with autohold too but maybe only once a week

Service department. My Auto Hold was at the stage where it would turn itself off most trips but maybe only once every week or two when I first got the car.

Also fixed an issue I had with the lights not always coming on when I unlocked it in the dark, this was very annoying.

I have software 0783. Setting the departure time is now working

Ah ok, 0783 is v2.0 so that probably has a lot of new functions... android auto and charge timers?

Ah ok, 0783 is v2.0 so that probably has a lot of new functions... android auto and charge timers?

Android working wirelessly and some other issues I was having fixed. Or it seems so at this stage anyway

Not checked the charge timers yet

Went shopping, 4C outside - consumption over 3 km about 50kWh/100km. Turned off heating to check the background consumption - 5-6kWh/100km. Battery heating.... I wish we could choose whether we want battery heating as I don't need it for short drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I turned up the heating to high after work this evening range dropped from 250 to 170.
    How's everyone finding the touchscreen in the cold, close to taking a hurley to it about 10 jabs to defog the windows.

• Advertisement

I turned up the heating to high after work this evening range dropped from 250 to 170.
    How's everyone finding the touchscreen in the cold, close to taking a hurley to it about 10 jabs to defog the windows.

Its just very slow to boot up hence the lag

Went shopping, 4C outside - consumption over 3 km about 50kWh/100km. Turned off heating to check the background consumption - 5-6kWh/100km. Battery heating.... I wish we could choose whether we want battery heating as I don't need it for short drives.

I have stopped looking at the trip recorder on short runs.:) A bit like an ICE showing 30l/100km on a very short trip, even if it does 6l/100km after a while..

But agree, no need for battery heating on very short cold runs, our Ioniq doesn't do it. Hopefully the update will fix it. At least the battery is being well looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I usually give it a minute or two before I press the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Maybe the cabin is preheated using the cpu from the infotainment, it sounds like the thing spends all it's time at 100%

I shouldn't joke, I bet the screen on my ID.4 is gonna be a total lemon after that

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I usually give it a minute or two before I press the screen.

Likewise, but at least the front screen demister on the light switch panel seems to work instantly.

It's more than lag some touchscreens are the same especially early ones. If your fingers are cold they won't respond.

eagerv wrote: »
    Likewise, but at least the front screen demister on the light switch panel seems to work instantly.

Hadn't noticed it but now that you say it that solves the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

It's more than lag some touchscreens are the same especially early ones. If your fingers are cold they won't respond.

Isn't there an on-off button on the left side of the screen you can use to reboot the touchscreen?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

Isn't there an on-off button on the left side of the screen you can use to reboot the touchscreen?

There's nothing wrong with the touchscreen it's cold hands and the haptic buttons underneath it.
    The last device I had this problem with was an LG Viewty.

Advertisement