Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

slave1 wrote: »
    Hours for an update is a joke...

Apparently it often fails and they have to start it again!

Fingers crossed that once they get to v2.1 and OTA is enabled it will be smoother then as it will be smaller incremental updates rather than one big update and I think will be able to connect to house WiFi, which should also speed up the download. Time will tell... VW are only figuring this tech out now!.. better late than never I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

KCross wrote: »
    Apparently it often fails and they have to start it again!

Fingers crossed that once they get to v2.1 and OTA is enabled it will be smoother then as it will be smaller incremental updates rather than one big update and I think will be able to connect to house WiFi, which should also speed up the download. Time will tell... VW are only figuring this tech out now!.. better late than never I suppose.

I got the 2.0 update and they had the car for two days to complete it. Got a courtesy car so not an issue for me but it does seem very time consuming on their end.

I also heard if it fails they need to start over.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Mr Q wrote: »
    I got the 2.0 update and they had the car for two days to complete it. Got a courtesy car so not an issue for me but it does seem very time consuming on their end.

I also heard if it fails they need to start over.

How is it? You got the new app-connect features now?

I know its a long shot but would hope VW (ELLI) will extend the 600EUR past 12 month considering all of europe has been in lockdown & we've had little chance to use up the allowance.. May send them an email in a few months to see what they say (likely say f.off but no harm in trying)..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

I know its a long shot but would hope VW (ELLI) will extend the 600EUR past 12 month considering all of europe has been in lockdown & we've had little chance to use up the allowance.. May send them an email in a few months to see what they say (likely say f.off but no harm in trying)..

I requested the same on the First Movers FB, as have others since, but probably a long shot as you say..

• Advertisement

How is it? You got the new app-connect features now?

It fixed the issues I was having so I am happy with it.

The only differences on the app now for me are I can see the charge in single figure percentages and the departure time option is available and working.

I still can't manage to register the card for the charge plan yet. We Connect support have been looking into it but not heard much in the last week, to be expected this time of the year.

Might work out better for me as I assume the 12 months is from the first date of registration and I have not needed to charge away from home yet.

eagerv wrote: »
    I requested the same on the First Movers FB, as have others since, but probably a long shot as you say..

+1

The benefit of the free charging was to "compensate" for accepting a car with known software issues. They should extend it in the circumstances. It's just a push of a button for them to apply an extra few months to each card.

My guess is they will, once they know where they stand with Covid restrictions and how many months to add.

They are listending also as they have acknowledged the requests on the 1st movers club...
    Hello First Movers, we hear you and see your many discussions and requests on this topic, record them and discuss them internally. Stay well, your ID. Team

No committment there but at least it has been acknowledged and passed up the line to the powers that be.

+1

The benefit of the free charging was to "compensate" for accepting a car with known software issues. They should extend it in the circumstances. It's just a push of a button for them to apply an extra few months to each card.

My guess is they will, once they know where they stand with Covid restrictions and how many months to add.

They are listending also as they have acknowledged the requests on the 1st movers club...
    Hello First Movers, we hear you and see your many discussions and requests on this topic, record them and discuss them internally. Stay well, your ID. Team

No committment there but at least it has been acknowledged and passed up the line to the powers that be.

Actually,that is great to hear (i'm not on facebook). doesn't affect any of us until at least september but i've used about 20EUR in 3 months..

Anyone get mudflaps fitted?
    I'm considering adding them to reduce tar marks, which seems to be an ongoing problem for all my cars as we live out the countryside.

VW quoted me ridiculous money to get them supplied and fitted. I'll happily buy and fit myself but I cant find any known to fit the ID.3.

Anyone got a VW part number for them or know of any other ones that will fit? Not looking for cheap nasty ones.... proper moulded ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

Is there any disadvantage to buying the 1st Edition cars over the production models?

The trim and spec levels on the production cars seem a bit random, and according to the dealer i spoke to you can't add options (like alloy wheels) to the basic 'Life' trim, so are forced to go up the levels and buy stuff i don't want (like the sunroof).

I'm now thinking a 1st edition 'plus' is the way to go. Would appreciate anyone's input!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

dublinscot wrote: »
    Is there any disadvantage to buying the 1st Edition cars over the production models?

The trim and spec levels on the production cars seem a bit random, and according to the dealer i spoke to you can't add options (like alloy wheels) to the basic 'Life' trim, so are forced to go up the levels and buy stuff i don't want (like the sunroof).

I'm now thinking a 1st edition 'plus' is the way to go. Would appreciate anyone's input!

The entry level first edition looks better than the entry production. But some of the production specs are better than the plus edition of the first. Depends on what you are looking for really.

Boscoirl wrote: »
    The entry level first edition looks better than the entry production. But some of the production specs are better than the plus edition of the first. Depends on what you are looking for really.

Aye, it's confusing.

The 1st Edition sales brochure i'm reading says the 1st editions have a 2 second performance boost in acceleration.

Is that accurate? If so, my decision is easy

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Aye, it's confusing.

The 1st Edition sales brochure i'm reading says the 1st editions have a 2 second performance boost in acceleration.

Is that accurate? If so, my decision is easy

All trims at the moment have 204hp and a 2s boost:)

I would imagine there would be no problem getting Alloys if you so wished on a base Life series model.
    I am a bit out of touch with spec, but I thought the Life was equipped with a few extras such as wireless charging and a cover on the central storage area? (Not on base 1st). But loses dual zone climate.

eagerv wrote: »
    I would imagine there would be no problem getting Alloys if you so wished on a base Life series model.

You'd have thought so, but the dealer today told me production problems/backlog at the single WV factory mean this isn't possible. What he says is backed up by the fact on the Irish VW website configuration tool it doesn't allow you to add options like wheels... (yet the UK ones does!).

My default setting is on 'skeptical' when it comes to car dealers, so...? :confused:
    I am a bit out of touch with spec, but I thought the Life was equipped with a few extras such as wireless charging and a cover on the central storage area? (Not on base 1st). But loses dual zone climate.
    Yeah, wireless charging as standard across the range. But the Life has those god-awful steel wheels. Can't abide that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

You'd have thought so, but the dealer today told me production problems/backlog at the single WV factory mean this isn't possible. What he says is backed up by the fact on the Irish VW website configuration tool it doesn't allow you to add options like wheels... (yet the UK ones does!).

My default setting is on 'skeptical' when it comes to car dealers, so...? :confused:

Yeah, wireless charging as standard across the range. But the Life has those god-awful steel wheels. Can't abide that!

My dealer has a "Life" in stock. We were looking at it because it's the Stonewashed Blue colour I had ordered.

He said that he didn't like the look of the steel wheels and that he would be putting on the alloys that the 1st has before he sells it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Anyone get mudflaps fitted?
    I'm considering adding them to reduce tar marks, which seems to be an ongoing problem for all my cars as we live out the countryside.

VW quoted me ridiculous money to get them supplied and fitted. I'll happily buy and fit myself but I cant find any known to fit the ID.3.

Anyone got a VW part number for them or know of any other ones that will fit? Not looking for cheap nasty ones.... proper moulded ones.
    I got these numbers from a German Forum.

Front: 10A075111
    Back: 10A075101

Useful linky

https://shop.ahw-shop.de/vw-teile/id.3?p=1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

There is a factory accessory wheel out for the life, I think they’re around €8/900 for the 4 and use the same tyres. They’re a plain silver 5/6 spoke alloy.

As far as hubcaps go I think the ones on the Life are reasonable.

I got these numbers from a German Forum.

Front: 10A075111
    Back: 10A075101

Useful linky

https://shop.ahw-shop.de/vw-teile/id.3?p=1

There’s no way they’re dearer than that from a dealer over here.

• Advertisement

They’re just the normal ones with the centre painted black. If you were any good with a marker lol

L-M wrote: »
    They’re just the normal ones with the centre painted black. If you were any good with a marker lol

Yep. It transforms them alright. A bit of black wrap..

Yeah. Makes you wonder why they don’t come like that in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

That stonewashed blue looks like a nice colour choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is there something you can get to treat the window with to keep it clean, I keep getting this kind of scum build up in the middle of the window, with normal wipers it ends up on the side of the front window so you don't really notice it but with these wipers the build up is in the middle which leads to a streaky look when it's sunny, feel I'm using the washers more than I normally would..

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Is there something you can get to treat the window with to keep it clean, I keep getting this kind of scum build up in the middle of the window, with normal wipers it ends up on the side of the front window so you don't really notice it but with these wipers the build up is in the middle which leads to a streaky look when it's sunny, feel I'm using the washers more than I normally would..

Clean the windows with RainX and the wiper blades with some warm soapy water. You'll be amazed the muck off the blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭quokula

Finally got my 1st edition back after a full 48 days in the garage getting a software update, after I brought it in with a problem that I thought would be fixed in an hour or two.

Apparently it turned out their firewall was blocking the software update being downloaded from Germany. And it took 7 weeks to figure that out :confused:

Very glad to have the car back. In winter with full heating and generally not caring about driving conservatively, it looks like it's getting a good 300km range while the replacement e-Golf I'd been given was getting 150km.

The infotainment seems way faster and more responsive with the new software, and I've got apple carplay up and running now which is fantastic for both navigation and music, having never had a car with it before.

It did give me a bit of a fright when it slammed on the brakes to avoid "running into" a speed bump in a supermarket carpark last night. Hopefully that sort of thing isn't too common.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

quokula wrote: »
    Finally got my 1st edition back after a full 48 days in the garage getting a software update, after I brought it in with a problem that I thought would be fixed in an hour or two.

Apparently it turned out their firewall was blocking the software update being downloaded from Germany. And it took 7 weeks to figure that out :confused:

Very glad to have the car back. In winter with full heating and generally not caring about driving conservatively, it looks like it's getting a good 300km range while the replacement e-Golf I'd been given was getting 150km.

The infotainment seems way faster and more responsive with the new software, and I've got apple carplay up and running now which is fantastic for both navigation and music, having never had a car with it before.

It did give me a bit of a fright when it slammed on the brakes to avoid "running into" a speed bump in a supermarket carpark last night. Hopefully that sort of thing isn't too common.

Did they make you pay your finance for the two months? I'd be pretty annoyed if you'd to pay for a car you'd no access to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭quokula

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did they make you pay your finance for the two months? I'd be pretty annoyed if you'd to pay for a car you'd no access to.

No they agreed to refund the PCP amount for period it was in the garage for. This was in addition to taking the first movers bonus of the first three months being refunded so I was actually refunded twice, meaning that technically I was being paid by VW to drive an eGolf. Or at least that's what I kept telling myself to avoid getting too annoyed about the situation!

Advertisement