Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

kris_2021 wrote: »
    just joined 12v dead battery club :(( no problem for last 4 months and today completely dead. VW ID3 assistance team is looking into this now for me....

Is yours a base 1st or plus trim?

Did you drive the car each day for, say, the last 2 or 3 days or was the car idle on the driveway for the last few days?

When you got out of the car last, did it completely shutdown?... infotainment, lights etc all off or did you notice that at all?

Do you keep your keys "near" the car (say just inside front door and car parked outside the door) or did you do anything different last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can someone riddle me this, when you get to 10% there maybe 50km left, if you plug in then and charge fully why isn't 100% 500km?

Can someone riddle me this, when you get to 10% there maybe 50km left, if you plug in then and charge fully why isn't 100% 500km?

Did it give you those figures though?

I think the battery warning comes on with about 20% left and 60km left.

KCross wrote: »
    Did it give you those figures though?

I think the battery warning comes on with about 20% left and 60km left.

I think it comes on at 10%, anyways I plugged it in there now as it was at 10% with 42km, so you'd be expecting 100% to be 420km. It'll only show maybe 300km fully charged, just wondering why the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Is yours a base 1st or plus trim?

Did you drive the car each day for, say, the last 2 or 3 days or was the car idle on the driveway for the last few days?

When you got out of the car last, did it completely shutdown?... infotainment, lights etc all off or did you notice that at all?

Do you keep your keys "near" the car (say just inside front door and car parked outside the door) or did you do anything different last night?

I drive almost every day. Drove yesterday no problem.
    Doors were open, could not close the car, open boot or turn on anything.
    Keys are close enough to the car but no difference than last few months.
    VW came and charge battery and seems to be OK for now.

• Advertisement

kris_2021 wrote: »
    I drive almost every day. Drove yesterday no problem.
    Doors were open, could not close the car, open boot or turn on anything.
    Keys are close enough to the car but no difference than last few months.
    VW came and charge battery and seems to be OK for now.

Have you the base trim or the plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

What is the deal with the 12v batteries dying?
    Are they crap 12v?
    Or is the car just not kicking in and topping it up as needed?
    Second one is software issue I presume?

Also if it dies can you still get access to the battery yourself?
    And if you get access is it just a quick boost needed to start and then the main battery pack will charge or do you need a full charge of the 12v before starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Have you the base trim or the plus?

Base

• Registered Users Posts: 2 joedurkan

lafors wrote: »
    What is the deal with the 12v batteries dying?
    Are they crap 12v?

And if you get access is it just a quick boost needed to start and then the main battery pack will charge or do you need a full charge of the 12v before starting?

It happened to me a few weeks ago, came out in the morning and everything dead. (Id.3 first edition, base model )

I had to wait for my OH to come back with her car. Popped on a set of jump leads (something I never thought I'd need to use again) and the car started straight away, cabin and mood lights came on. Disconnected the jump leads and was able to take a spin to charge the battery. No problems since.

The battery is easily accessible (provided you are in a position to drive another car up to the front of the ID.3).
    it seems to me, that anything with power (e.g. a 12v battery charger or a jump starter pack) will work to wake up the internal systems (but I wasn't able to test that out as I was too far from the mains to connect a battery charger).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

joedurkan wrote: »
    It happened to me a few weeks ago, came out in the morning and everything dead. (Id.3 first edition, base model )

I had to wait for my OH to come back with her car. Popped on a set of jump leads (something I never thought I'd need to use again) and the car started straight away, cabin and mood lights came on. Disconnected the jump leads and was able to take a spin to charge the battery. No problems since.

The battery is easily accessible (provided you are in a position to drive another car up to the front of the ID.3).
    it seems to me, that anything with power (e.g. a 12v battery charger or a jump starter pack) will work to wake up the internal systems (but I wasn't able to test that out as I was too far from the mains to connect a battery charger).

10 years for the first post

Worth waiting for. :D

• Advertisement

What is the deal with the 12v batteries dying? Are they crap 12v?

That. Partially addressed in the 2.0 software update which is already available.

Yes

That

Didn't think it would be as easy add drift mode:D

Please VW give us a traction control off option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Looks like the smaller battery version is coming out soon, €31,495 in Germany before incentives, 45kWh battery and 110kW motor

Spec seems decent for the price range, what do we reckon the price in Ireland will be? I'm guessing it'll be around €29k, since the profit margin is lower on cheaper cars then I don't see VW undercutting EVs in the same price bracket (Leaf40, Zoe, e208, etc)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Got the 12V issue again today - Already had it booked in for wednesday as there was a new error coming up 'Cannot display speed....' even though speed is showing. also the media console won't go online (zero bars for the the cellular signal).

So the car is completely dead - had this issue back in early December, took it to VW garage who told me it was a fault with the 12V battery (they replaced it) even though i asked them if this could be the same issue other ID.3 owners are reporting - they didn't think so..

So for the 2nd time, the AA will be outside the house - gets a bit embarrassing - going to ask them to tow it directly to the garage as at i'm deflated with the car..

Are you sure the key isn't gone faulty (out of sync/dead battery) it's happened me twice, had that speed error a few times but it hasn't appeared lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Are you sure the key isn't gone faulty (out of sync/dead battery) it's happened me twice, had that speed error a few times but it hasn't appeared lately.

yea - battery dead; the red light doesn't flash and opened with emergency key & sat in it - proper dead..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

yea - battery dead; the red light doesn't flash and opened with emergency key & sat in it - proper dead..

I'm starting to think VW should just include a 12v jump starter with every car

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Has anybody had a date for the ME 2.1 update.
    I have had my car since Sept with no major faults (worse being the reverse camera issue) but just feels like a matter of time before the 12 volt hits.

VW claim the 45KWh battery version with Pure performance specification has a 352km range. If that is true then the ID3 is a very efficient car.
    Stepping up to the 58kwh car only gets just over 70km more range.
    It should be very lively as it is carrying less weight.
    Once it becomes available in quantity I see the competitors struggling to maintain sales.

VW claim the 45KWh battery version with Pure performance specification has a 352km range. If that is true then the ID3 is a very efficient car.
    Stepping up to the 58kwh car only gets just over 70km more range.
    It should be very lively as it is carrying less weight.
    Once it becomes available in quantity I see the competitors struggling to maintain sales.

I'd imagine that 352km range is influenced by the lower power output of the motor in the 45kWh model... so you get more range but you sacrifice some power.... most people wont care, they'd take the extra range.

Or does the Pure performance have the 150kW power output also?

• Advertisement

Pure: 93kW (still not available)
    Pure Performance: 110kW
    Pro: 107kW
    Pro Performance: 150kW
    Pro S: 150kW

As far as I can see from Zoe power jumps from 75 to 90 to 110 to 135 the additional power doesn't impact consumption figures much as the cars are accelerating slowly during the official test cycle.

Mod Note: Edited Units

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Unit's are important haphaphap!

torque for these motors is nearly the same.
    11 minutes quicker to charge from 5 to 80% on 100kw DC instead of 50kw.
    I have a suspicion that it would start throttling a bit early and when Teslabjoern gets his hands on a 45kWh ID3 he'll be telling us to think long and hard before spending extra on 100kw charging and to just adjust charging strategy to keep it between 20 and 75% on long trips.

MOTOR, GETRIEBE, ELEKTRIK
    Getriebe
    1-Gang-Automatik
    Max. Leistung
    110 kW (150 PS) bei /min
    Max. Drehmoment
    310 Nm bis - /min
    Emissionsklasse
    AX
    BATTERIE / LADESYSTEM
    Batterietyp
    Lithium-Ionen
    Batterieenergiegehalt (Netto)
    45 kWh
    Ladedauer AC 7,2 kW 0% - 100% SOC
    07:30 h
    Ladedauer AC 11 kW 0% - 100% SOC
    -:- h
    Ladedauer DC 50 kW 5% - 80% SOC
    00:42 h
    Ladedauer DC 100 kW 5% - 80% SOC
    00:31 h

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

I'd imagine that 352km range is influenced by the lower power output of the motor in the 45kWh model... so you get more range but you sacrifice some power.... most people wont care, they'd take the extra range.

Or does the Pure performance have the 150kW power output also?

Cold weather, short trips, I get 150 km range with 59 kWh model. Has anyone ever got the claimed range. With the lower powered battery you’d probably get 100 km range.

Johnfred wrote: »
    Cold weather, short trips, I get 150 km range with 59 kWh model. Has anyone ever got the claimed range. With the lower powered battery you’d probably get 100 km range.
    This thread was made for you: https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=395&t=63590
    ...if you understand german, otherwise let your browser translate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

This thread was made for you: https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=395&t=63590
    ...if you understand german, otherwise let your browser translate it.

Let’s hope VW do something about the battery heating whenever 2.1 update happens, though temperatures will be warmer by then!

Johnfred wrote: »
    Let’s hope VW do something about the battery heating whenever 2.1 update happens, though temperatures will be warmer by then!
    Find me an EV owner outside a Tesla owner who isn't cursing their batteries at this time of year. You are not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Is there anywhere I can currently get the official rubber mats for the car? Dealers I guess are closed except for car collection/service?
    Just want to have them ordered so I can put them in when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Find me an EV owner outside a Tesla owner who isn't cursing their batteries at this time of year. You are not alone.

My car is 64kWh and not a Tesla. I have no issue whatsoever with winter range. I only took short trips for the past two weeks. From 90% down to turtle mode 7% I drove a total of 340km and this was during the coldest two weeks we’ve had recently.

• Advertisement

Irishjg wrote: »
    My car is 64kWh and not a Tesla. I have no issue whatsoever with winter range. I only took short trips for the past two weeks. From 90% down to turtle mode 7% I drove a total of 340km and this was during the coldest two weeks we’ve had recently.

What kinda car have you?

Advertisement