Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Did you all get a call from a Dublin garage anyone outside Dublin get a call? I hope there not basing on what to import just on what one garage says.

Outside Dublin, South East.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

KCross wrote: »
    I didnt say it wouldnt be below €40k. VW Ireland have said it will. Im saying its wishful thinking to think it will be significantly below €40k... you mentioned €32k I think.

Just to give you some figures... lets say its €40k inc vat in Germany before grants and lets say you want to translate that to Irish price it would be...

€40k inc vat in Germany
    €41345 inc vat here.
    Add 14% VRT = €47132
    Subtract €5k grant and €5k VRT exemption gives you €37,132.. .retail!
    Add on delivery and related charges.... €38k OTR
    Add in paddy premium pricing...

Ah I see what you done there so it puts the top spec around 50k after grants if the budget doesn't make the pricing any worse.
    Mmmm....it'll be hard to bite at that price...

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

It'll interesting to see how much they're going charge for finance. If its 3.9% or smth then you can add another 2-3k to the overall price.

Ah I see what you done there so it puts the top spec around 50k after grants if the budget doesn't make the pricing any worse.
    Mmmm....it'll be hard to bite at that price...

If you're talking top spec battery ?

This is model 3 territory, a much, much faster car. Pick up 1 in a couple of years 2nd hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,940 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Pricing is horrendous. It would make sense if the vehicle resembled a large Saloon or possibly an estate.

But a glorified golf hatchback. Its abysmal money.

• Advertisement

If you're talking top spec battery ?

This is model 3 territory, a much, much faster car. Pick up 1 in a couple of years 2nd hand.

I'm going on the 1st prices, there's only one battery choice.

I don't like the model 3, a good mate has one on order so I might change my tune when he gets it. I'd buy the polestar 2 if we could here. If the government take away the bik incentive I'll be sticking with petrol or diesel for years to come.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

To give some comparisions on the eGolf prices here and in Germany - a new one is 38k here and 41k in Germany (before any grants are applied and pre VW reductions of 5k & 4k respectively)

As much as we would all love it to be, I honestly can't see the ID3 being 30k here - before or after grants are applied.

This has gone from ahh it's no so badly priced to feckin hell. It's the price of an S line tdi A5 now for the high spec.
    Interesting to see what happens diesel tax in a few weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

. Interesting to see what happens diesel tax in a few weeks.

I’ve a feeling they will increase the excise on diesel in the budget and call it a “move to entice people to move away from diesel” but yet they probably won’t give many incentives or decent alternative options. Traditional Irish method.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,412 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Driving wise they've mentioned the GTI a few times, I doubt it'll have that go cart feel

You reckon the GTI has a go cart feel and the ID.3 won't? LOL! GTI will feel like a wet towel driving away from the lights compared to pretty much any EV. Like all small engined ICE cars, there is nothing going on until eventually the turbo gets to help.

• Advertisement

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I’ve a feeling they will increase the excise on diesel in the budget and call it a “move to entice people to move away from diesel” but yet they probably won’t give many incentives or decent alternative options. Traditional Irish method.

The farmers and businesses will love that. I'd say there's still a few in FG that remember '82. It'll be a carry on as usual budget, hit the smokes hard and leave nearly everything else alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

They had it planned last year and they buckled as usual...problem is it just made them look weak, it will happen this year

How much nobody know

Farmers? Well tractor diesel won’t be hit

unkel wrote: »
    You reckon the GTI has a go cart feel and the ID.3 won't? LOL! GTI will feel like a wet towel driving away from the lights compared to pretty much any EV. Like all small engined ICE cars, there is nothing going on until eventually the turbo gets to help.

Mine feels like it's on rails since I stuck on some good michelins.
    I must pop into Nissan maybe tomorrow and give a leaf a good flogging, the last EV I drove was a forklift twenty odd years ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

That would be a foolish move when there are little or no alternative vehicles to purchase, and what are there are way over what the consumer is used to paying for a vehicle.

That kind of 'forcing' people off ICE should be left until the market can be properly served by BEV vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I thought this was suppose to be a car for the masses, not at those prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

eagerv wrote: »
    I told him I would prefer the highest spec, but with 19" wheels. He also said that the highest spec may have the white/brown interior only. I would be okay with that except for the white steering wheel. So may have to go with the Plus if I go ahead.

When you say brown, do you mean orange dash?
    The orange dash is on the Plus trim only, not the max. Likewise the white steering wheel is on the plus only and not the standard or the max trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Irishjg

Dempsey wrote: »

Yep it looks like it’ll be a car for people with masses of money more like. If I was spending that much dough I’d like to look at the M3SR+ first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Dempsey wrote: »

tbf, thats for the 1st edition which is not an entry level model.

The entry level model will be <€30k.... thats diesel golf price and thats a popular car and the ID.3 should beat a diesel golf hands down. You might have to pay for electric windows though! :P

embraer170 wrote: »

Not clear if the cheapest 1st Edition includes rear parking sensors, but I assume not. Too little car for that money.

The standard 1st has front and rear parking sensors, lane assist and adaptive cruise control.

Do any of them have the park itself feature?

• Advertisement

Do any of them have the park itself feature?

Afaik, none of them do.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,940 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    They had it planned last year and they buckled as usual...problem is it just made them look weak, it will happen this year

How much nobody know

Farmers? Well tractor diesel won’t be hit

It's an election year. They won't do that at all.

Coupled with brexit impact on farming and transport industry.

Not a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Davy wrote: »
    When you say brown, do you mean orange dash?
    The orange dash is on the Plus trim only, not the max. Likewise the white steering wheel is on the plus only and not the standard or the max trim.

Yes meant orange, I am colour blind.smile.png
    He definitely told me that the white steering wheel was on the Max only, but I got the impression that he knew very little as yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

Anyway I really like the ID.3 from the outside. I'm hoping the interior photos don't do it justice and it will actually be ok in the flesh. As a VW I expect it to be a nice drive and well refined. If the price does come in at the 30k mark they'll sell bucket loads either way. This could knock the Leaf off its perch as the best selling ev.
    Exactly my thinking. If they can deliver 45kW battery sub 30k after grants its gonna sell in 100s of thousands and Nissan are done (and I think that's the plan). 40kw leaf is a car of similar category, size and shape, but it's more expensive, has Lower range, doesn't have CCS, doesn't have active battery cooling, has only 50kW DC charging. That car won't sell once 45kW ID3 is out and VW have no supply issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Someone on another forum claimed to have been sent this from an Irish dealer.

If they're estimating <40k (probably 39,999.99) then the plus and max will be crazy money.

I think I'll be visiting my local for a chat on Saturday

f5fd23a7e329f868766da6ee476b904f.jpg

eagerv wrote: »
    Yes meant orange, I am colour blind.smile.png
    He definitely told me that the white steering wheel was on the Max only, but I got the impression that he knew very little as yet..

Isn't this a Max and the orange dash? I do like id3 in that color. I'd take it over the telsla 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

KCross wrote: »
    Right so the grants all together are what €8,800 so your saying in Germany it's 40k before grants but in Ireland it's €48,800 before grants. That's the way I'm reading what your saying which I think makes no sense. Have to be misunderstanding you.
    I know there's the extra few % vat and possible some VRT but it couldn't account for a nearly 9k premium over the German one.

I don't think it's wishful thinking it'll be below 40k. If it's not they shouldn't have bothered making it in the first place as you can have a tdi golf for 26k. I don't care how economical electric is nobody is going to make a 22k saving on fuel and still have a car worth anything like they paid for it.

I didnt say it wouldnt be below €40k. VW Ireland have said it will. Im saying its wishful thinking to think it will be significantly below €40k... you mentioned €32k I think.

Just to give you some figures... lets say its €40k inc vat in Germany before grants and lets say you want to translate that to Irish price it would be...

€40k inc vat in Germany
    €41345 inc vat here.
    Add 14% VRT = €47132
    Subtract €5k grant and €5k VRT exemption gives you €37,132.. .retail!
    Add on delivery and related charges.... €38k OTR
    Add in paddy premium pricing...
    Spot on. See my calculations below.
    Just add delivery charge and local dealer ripoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

It is likely that VRT rules and SEAI grant will change next year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Anyone that didn't buy into VW bull**** and bought a long range eNiro etc with more range/less money, did the right thing

Well played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Gotta love the Germans. Spend 40k and don't even get keyless entry, folding mirrors or reversing camera.

Advertisement