Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

What kinda car have you?

Sounds like an e-Niro to me. ;)

Johnfred wrote: »
    Cold weather, short trips, I get 150 km range with 59 kWh model. Has anyone ever got the claimed range. With the lower powered battery you’d probably get 100 km range.

:eek:

So the car is completely dead -

Thats what the D in ID3 stands for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

:eek:

I've 83km driven with 51% battery remaining after a full charge, tempature not above 18 degrees in the cabin and haven't seen a motorway. It's up there with an imperial star destroyer for economy.

I've 83km driven with 51% battery remaining after a full charge, tempature not above 18 degrees in the cabin and haven't seen a motorway. It's up there with an imperial star destroyer for economy.

There's something wrong with that car. There's ample evidence that the ID.3 1st cars can do a whole lot better than that.

That said, I'm apprehensive about changing from the very efficient e-Niro to the questionable efficiency of the ID.3 next month. :o

The Koreans have been very good to me over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Got a call last week from my dealer to say that 2.0 (783) update was available for me if I wanted. Was in two minds because car going great, but booked it in for today after they said they could give me their Plus for the 24hrs:).

Dropped it in earlier, unfortunately their only garage ID.3 never showed up this morning so have to do with a brand new T Roc (211)1.0L design:(. At least there is enough petrol in it.

Was told they have done a few ID.3 updates now, with no problems so far. So hopefully similar for me. They will also do the suspension check (Not a recall).

The T Roc is a nice car, but at about €30K in this fairly basic form (Incl a few trim extras and ACC), makes the ID.3 seem great value for not much more. My Base 1st IMO feels more premium and far more modern; space and height wise the two seem quite similar. But the T Roc feels so sluggish and under powered with I think 110 HP.

Will report back tomorrow all going well..

There's something wrong with that car. There's ample evidence that the ID.3 1st cars can do a whole lot better than that.

I think there's more to be got out of it with software updates, this was driving home from a charging station a few minutes ago, back road with acc set to 80km, Car in regen mode, Climate control off, drivers window slightly open to stop the windows fogging, battery is warm after charging I presume and outside tempature 10 degrees.
    You can get range but it's under strict conditions.

IMG-20210126-141357.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭MacronvFrugals

Threads like this scare me about the current lot of EV's

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Threads where you pre order a car with unfinished software and your given the choice of holding off, but are also given incentives to take the car now?

Seems like most of the day 0 issues are manageable.

I think there's more to be got out of it with software updates, this was driving home from a charging station a few minutes ago, back road with acc set to 80km, Car in regen mode, Climate control off, drivers window slightly open to stop the windows fogging, battery is warm after charging I presume and outside tempature 10 degrees.
    You can get range but it's under strict conditions.

IMG-20210126-141357.jpg

That's similar or a little better than what I expect on slower roads at this time of year, however I don't normally turn off heater. Though I did notice this morning bringing car to dealer for update that my usual 18.5C was too warm, so dropped temp a bit. Car doesn't appear to fog if you leave heater on low with fan on low setting.

• Advertisement

It shouldn't all round it's a very good car that looks to get better from week 7 of this year on.
    We're chatting about range which might look bad but for most people it's not an issue we're just chatting, don't think any of us have run out of battery. (That's not to say range isn't an issue depending on your route)

I've just over 9k up on mine, rough figures but probably would have cost me €1100 in fuel on my previous car but the ID has used about €250 of electricity, that's a decent saving over 3mts.

eagerv wrote: »
    Got a call last week from my dealer to say that 2.0 (783) update was available for me if I wanted. Was in two minds because car going great, but booked it in for today after they said they could give me their Plus for the 24hrs:).

Dropped it in earlier, unfortunately their only garage ID.3 never showed up this morning so have to do with a brand new T Roc (211)1.0L design:(. At least there is enough petrol in it.

Was told they have done a few ID.3 updates now, with no problems so far. So hopefully similar for me. They will also do the suspension check (Not a recall).

The T Roc is a nice car, but at about €30K in this fairly basic form (Incl a few trim extras and ACC), makes the ID.3 seem great value for not much more. My Base 1st IMO feels more premium and far more modern; space and height wise the two seem quite similar. But the T Roc feels so sluggish and under powered with I think 110 HP.

Will report back tomorrow all going well..

Just an update on my post from yesterday..

Car was ready for collection at 12 today. Nice and clean, vacuumed, disinfected and sealed. And charged to 70%.

Update 2.0 (783) apparently all loaded correctly, was finished yesterday evening so probably about 6 or 7 hours. But they wanted to keep car for morning to ensure all modules were correctly installed.

Took a bit or relearning, mainly because the icons have swapped side. But it appears to start up more or less immediately now and is certainly less glitchy. Wireless Apple car Play is a pleasure and with Google Maps is nice to use in satellite view. And full screen which it wasn't on my last car. Also having a simple to use WhatsApp is handy.

Have lost all my previous driving history but at least my previous preferred screen setups remained.
    The only system that I have noticed different so far is the heating, it seems to be much less aggressive (My driving modes are the same- in Comfort). And not so hot. Hopefully that will help with economy on short trips. Today was about 9.5C so no battery heating, but I did notice when leaving Garage there was no high initial energy usage, settled quickly at about 14kWh/100km around town and after about 20 km of nice quiet 100km roads home showed 15.6kWh/100 km.
    Above is probably meaningless, the car had just been charged. But will be interesting to see if there is any difference when the temperature drops again.

I am sort of glad now I got the update done, I have said before that I was happy to wait. The next update will apparently be a lot quicker. The Garage were very friendly and seem to now know their stuff. When you get back in the ID.3, after driving a nice new petrol car for 24 hours, you realise what a good car it is..:)

https://www.null-leasing.com/vw-leasing/angebote/2iNB-Mk756~vw-id3?pbo=privat

That is a leasing deal for private individuals from Volkswagen Finance Deutschland for 48 months at €169 per month with a mileage of 10,000km per year.
    It might only be for the current base model but that is an awful lot of car for the money.
    motor tax is only 45 euro a year.
    NCT equivalent Tüv test is half the cost of an ICE because there are no emissions to test

The barriers to adoption of an EV in Germany are considerably lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

If there is any VW sales staff out there who would like an easy sale sure jump into my DM’s. It seems nobody in any of the VW Ireland branches want a sale. Been trying for 24 hours to get a quote. 2 said they’d ring me back but nothing !

DermoMIO wrote: »
    If there is any VW sales staff out there who would like an easy sale sure jump into my DM’s. It seems nobody in any of the VW Ireland branches want a sale. Been trying for 24 hours to get a quote. 2 said they’d ring me back but nothing !

Are they open at the moment? I was with the service part of my local dealer yesterday, but the front was locked up. They should follow up phone calls, emails etc though..

Arran in Wexford is on duty. (053) 916 7900. He normally has one or two in stock too.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

Are they open at the moment? I was with the service part of my local dealer yesterday, but the front was locked up. They should follow up phone calls, emails etc though..

Yes they are open just not for walk ins. Was in one of the Dublin branches the other day for a service on my eGolf and all staff where there working

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

PMed you the details of the guy I've been buying an ID.4 from

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I am sort of glad now I got the update done, I have said before that I was happy to wait....

Im having to bite the bullet myself. The car let me down and I had to abandon it and get a spin home, so Im not waiting around for 2.1 for that to happen again in the meantime.

Up to now the car has been driving like a dream, very happy with it. Everything just worked. Got the occasional light flash up and disappear again of its own accord and it didnt really affect me, so I was going to hold out for 2.1... but this time I went to the shop, parked up and when I came back it threw a half dozen errors.

The first error was that the rear indicators were not working and it wouldnt go into drive. Hazards wouldnt work either! Tried the hard reset on the infotainment and it rebooted but no joy, same error. Locked the car and walked outside of fob range and came back... no joy, same error.

The error was correct in that the rear lights were dead... locking the car flashed the front lights but not the rear.

I abandoned it and came back 2hrs later, unlocked the car and everything was fine.... drove home without any errors! I vaguely remember something about the car going into a deeper sleep state after 30mins(?) of being off and maybe that caused a more comprehensive reboot of the systems when I came back.

It wasnt the 12V either. I've a monitor on that and it was at 12.6V.

TL;DR.... into the dealer it goes for the 2.0 update. They're giving me their ID.3 as a swap for a few days so I'm happy enough with that.

In relation to the 2.0 software.... has anyone heard/read negative feedback on that version? Do people still get warning lights etc or is it reasonably solid and 2.1 will just improve on that again with the addition of OTA?

KCross wrote: »

In relation to the 2.0 software.... has anyone heard/read negative feedback on that version? Do people still get warning lights etc or is it reasonably solid and 2.1 will just improve on that again with the addition of OTA?

So far so good with mine. But early days as yet.
    It does still take a short while to boot up properly, but much quicker than before.
    Also noticed last night on way home it was a little cooler, about 7C according to thermometer and there was no battery heating. Again may not mean much as battery may have been warm from earlier..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

KCross wrote: »

I have had 2.0 since December and it fixed the issues I was having back then. However since then I have some new issues.

The car has done similar to yours by not letting me take it out of park more than once and showing four error messages while doing this. None the same as yours though. This is the worst issue I have had so hopefully 2.1 will resolve this.

Also getting an airbag light the odd time, never got it before the update.

Just back from my (Essential:)) run today. Noticed again that the car is not trying to heat the car as quickly as pre update. Suits me fine, I don't feel the cold.

Ok, today was not cold, about 9C. Turning on/off heater only changed GOM by about 10km earlier. By the time I got home it had almost no effect on GOM, only drawing about .2 or .3 kWh/hour (Lol, that's the way it's now displayed, surely kW would be more correct?)

So far so good with mine. But early days as yet.

Will you be using the charging timer in the car? I would be interested to see how it works for you.

Mine seems to stop charging early sometimes, it has stopped itself a few times this week well before the end of the schedule or the set charge percentage.

Mr Q wrote: »
    Will you be using the charging timer in the car? I would be interested to see how it works for you.

Mine seems to stop charging early sometimes, it has stopped itself a few times this week well before the end of the schedule or the set charge percentage.

I was looking for it earlier, couldn't find it..

Where should it be?

I was looking for it earlier, couldn't find it..

Where should it be?

They put it in a strange location for some reason, someone on here told me about it.

Go into the "Vehicle" option and then select locations and add your current one. Once you do that you can select the newly created location and the option for the timer is in there.

Mr Q wrote: »
    They put it in a strange location for some reason, someone on here told me about it.

Go into the "Vehicle" option and then select locations and add your current one. Once you do that you can select the newly created location and the option for the timer is in there.

Thanks for that, quicker than getting out the manual:).

Seems a strange way of doing it, entered location as "Home" and then more menus opened up for charging timers.
    Will give it a try next time need a charge (Not often atm) and report back if any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

Have only tried timer charging twice so far - worked properly once!

There are a lot more options compared to the i3. You can get the car to charge to a specific SOC immediately upon plugging in and then defer the rest of charging to a later period but this didn't work for me.

I had set it up for the car to charge to 20% upon plugging in and then wait until 00:00 before starting the "main" charge. When I tried it however the car just kept on charging.

The 2nd time I tried the timers the car was already >20% charged so that first part was correctly ignored & the car charged only between 00:00 - 08:00.

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davpower

Hi all, collected my id3 last week from dealers, has the 0783 and no issues so far, hopefully it remains like that. The only issue i can see is that the headlights default to "driving on the right". I'm assuming this is an incorrect setting. Any time I set it to "driving on the left" it resets after restart. Waiting for dealer to get back to me but wondering what others settings are.

davpower wrote: »
    Hi all, collected my id3 last week from dealers, has the 0783 and no issues so far, hopefully it remains like that. The only issue i can see is that the headlights default to "driving on the right". I'm assuming this is an incorrect setting. Any time I set it to "driving on the left" it resets after restart. Waiting for dealer to get back to me but wondering what others settings are.

Best wishes with the car, hope you will be very happy with it.

I have never touched my headlight settings since I got the car last Sept, all appears correctly set up. Mine is only the Basic so has no fancy Matrix lights. The auto dip/full beam works well, better than other cars I have had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

211 id3 in Carrigaline:)

Advertisement