Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Nope it's the North West Business park so close enough to the Airport, it's near that java coffee place so I'll be very lucky if they let me use the chargers as we're only tenants on site. The other sites don't have chargers but they're not as far and one of them is pretty much beside where I was working before in Grangecastle.

I was impressed to see another video from Battery Life showing 50 Kwh in 28 mins delivered to the id.3 77 Kwh.

Now if we only had proper charging hubs......

Ah that's out of coffee range unfortunately so I can't do a flyby

I've driven through there a bunch of times though so I know the general area

I remember yesterday I spotted some chargers listed there in one of the various sites

Can't remember which but I think it was either plug surfing or easy go

If those are where you'll be working then it kind of implies they may be available for public use

There's also blanch nearby with a 50kW charger, although that's usually busy. Krispy Kreme is also beside the charger so not the best decision from a health standpoint either

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Orebro

Sorry about the basic question but I'm finding it surprisingly difficult to find out. Do all ID3 at the moment come with 100Kw charging or is it 50Kw as standard? And for the basic model, can you tack on the 100Kw support or do you need to get a more expensive model?

Orebro wrote: »
    Sorry about the basic question but I'm finding it surprisingly difficult to find out. Do all ID3 at the moment come with 100Kw charging or is it 50Kw as standard? And for the basic model, can you tack on the 100Kw support or do you need to get a more expensive model?

I believe all the Irish 58kWh models come with 100kW as standard. There's some talk about 50kW being standard for cost savings but this seems to have disappeared

I checked the ID.3 Life there and couldn't see an option for 100kW charging, but it didn't mention the charging speed either, no I'm not 100% sure

FYI, if you're waiting on the smaller battery version, that won't have 100kW charging, I believe it only has 50kW and possibly the option to upgrade to something like 75kW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

The first has a 125kw max

The first has a 125kw max

125kW on the 77kWh battery
    100kW on the 58kWh
    50kW on the 45kWh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Think Silent meant the foot rest to the left side of the foot well.

I got some sticky-back foam from the maintenance dept. in work and stuck it on. Feels much better especially if it's been raining

rx8 wrote: »
    I got some sticky-back foam from the maintenance dept. in work and stuck it on. Feels much better especially if it's been raining

I was wondering would an off cut of a rubber floor mat do the job. You could just mould it to the shape and then cut it and stick it down with double sided tape

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I don't seem to have received a WeCharge statement for January. Did anybody get one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

I don't seem to have received a WeCharge statement for January. Did anybody get one ?

Only got details of my charging, but no balance.

Invoice only, no statement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

We probably should start awarding medals for anyone who uses the €600 credit before it runs out.

I've 210kWh used so far, have never seen any statement or invoice, I can see the usage in the app that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

We probably should start awarding medals for anyone who uses the €600 credit before it runs out.

I've 210kWh used so far, have never seen any statement or invoice, I can see the usage in the app that's all.

It has been a terrible time to have time limited free charging. It must be frustrating having all of that available to use but not be able to take full advantage. :(

Garda: "What's the purpose of your journey"

Me: "Filling up the car"

Garda: "Ok, thank you Sir, have a good day"

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

It has been a terrible time to have time limited free charging. It must be frustrating having all of that available to use but not be able to take full advantage. :(

Asked on here about a month back around if they extended it & someone told me that the facebook first movers club rep says 'they are looking into' extending the free credit - also was speaking to the ID.3 servicing guy this morning, he said VW have extended the warranties on all cars that are expiring due to the lockdown - Europe has been in lockdown all year so adding another 6 months onto the credit would be a nice gesture..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My car prompted an update this morning. Not much on it but thought there were no OTA updates until 2.1?

My car prompted an update this morning. Not much on it but thought there were no OTA updates until 2.1?

Mine did the same last night.
    I don't think anything yet happens if you OK the update..

eagerv wrote: »
    Mine did the same last night.
    I don't think anything yet happens if you OK the update..

Mine downloaded something before I got out of the car. Took about 3 minutes.

Interesting, I must ok the update later and see what happens..

I see over on SpeakEV mentions that Maps may have already been updated OTA. Mine is still on I think original, some seem to have a '21 update now..

I see over on SpeakEV mentions that Maps may have already been updated OTA. Mine is still on I think original, some seem to have a '21 update now..

Where can I see what version I have? I can check later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is the Heat Pump an optional extra on all trims?

• Advertisement

Where can I see what version I have? I can check later today.

It's at the bottom of the settings menu, mine is attached...

AxR6Mwv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

The update seems to be for the e-manual. I can't help but wonder if it's a test of the OTA system.

Maps can be forced to update to the latest version. I can't remember where I read it, but it involves updating via a file downloaded to a USB stick, then the system automatically updates to the latest maps thereafter.

I'll see if I can find it .... BRB...

Ah, there it is. Google translate FTW.

https://www.meinid.com/thread/702-update-der-navidatenbank-per-usb-stick/

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Just came across this - the distance record for the 58KW ID.3 first on a full charge is 531KM - that is very impressive; must have been a lot of down hills.

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/de/pressemitteilungen/reichweitenrekord-id3-faehrt-mit-nur-einer-batterieladung-von-zwickau-in-die-schweiz-6334

Just came across this - the distance record for the 58KW ID.3 first on a full charge is 531KM - that is very impressive; must have been a lot of down hills.

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/de/pressemitteilungen/reichweitenrekord-id3-faehrt-mit-nur-einer-batterieladung-von-zwickau-in-die-schweiz-6334

I remember that one, the driver was named Felix Egolf, talk about naming yourself after the job you want :D

Apparently he's a bit of a hypermiling expert, most of the trip was done at below 60km/h.

He also drafted behind trucks when going faster and tried to coast as much as possible

While it's not exactly practical, it does show how much driving style impacts range. I feel that at this point, people should just ignore the WLTP range and just use it as a way of benchmarking consumption of different cars

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I feel that at this point, people should just ignore the WLTP range and just use it as a way of benchmarking consumption of different cars

Which is exactly what it is supposed to be used for.

WLTP/NEDC/EPA are not meant to mean... "you will get this range in all conditions" which is what alot of people incorrectly interpret it to mean.

Its simply a standardised way to compare two cars in a lab environment.

It's at the bottom of the settings menu, mine is attached...

AxR6Mwv.jpg

My display unit/control panel hardware is H47 and my my display unit/control panel software is 3078.

I got the 2.0 update in early January.

My display unit/control panel hardware is H47 and my my display unit/control panel software is 3078.

I got the 2.0 update in early January.

Seems to vary from car to car, was similar before the update. I don't know if it makes any difference or whether all will be the same after the final update.
    All I can say is that since the update the GOM is a lot more stable, noticed again this morning on a 60 km journey, battery heating was less noticeable.

Seems to vary from car to car, was similar before the update. I don't know if it makes any difference or whether all will be the same after the final update.
    All I can say is that since the update the GOM is a lot more stable, noticed again this morning on a 60 km journey, battery heating was less noticeable.

Since the 2.0 update, or the OTA one yesterday?

It's great that OTA looks to be getting closer, that'll really be a game changer :)

Since the 2.0 update, or the OTA one yesterday?

It's great that OTA looks to be getting closer, that'll really be a game changer :)

Since the 2.0 update, yes hopefully the OTA final update is getting closer. Apparently In the UK the 16th Feb has been mentioned for 2.1

• Advertisement

Anyone notice on Eco Eye last night that Duncan Stewart is driving an ID.3 Plus?
    Wonder if it's his own or supplied by VW for the series.. (Didn't see anything in the credits mentioning such)

Excuse quality of image, photo of player.

PRNgg6g.jpg

Advertisement