Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

eagerv wrote: »
    Anyone notice on Eco Eye last night that Duncan Stewart is driving an ID.3 Plus?
    Wonder if it's his own or supplied by VW for the series.. (Didn't see anything in the credits mentioning such)

You were watching RTE? I know lockdown has been difficult but I don't think we need to resort to extreme measures ;)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

You were watching RTE? I know lockdown has been difficult but I don't think we need to resort to extreme measures ;)

I rarely do, to be honest:p. I was told about above, so had a look on player. Handy having fast forward in this case....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

I ordered around the 12th of October.

Get the commission number from the dealer, go to volkswagen.ie. On the top left there is a menu button. Choose 'owners and users', then 'myvolkswagen'. Go to the 'add vehicle' area and put in the commission number you got from the dealer.

If the VIN isn't there, the car hasn't been built yet. If it is there that means that the car is either being built - takes about 3 days normally - or is in transit to the dealer. There's no way to find out when the VIN appeared, so if it's not there check every day. When you see it, that gives you an idea where you stand. The VIN is produced just as the car enters the production line.

VIN just appeared for me. Any idea how long after the 3 day build it takes to get to the dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

dublinscot wrote: »
    VIN just appeared for me. Any idea how long after the 3 day build it takes to get to the dealer?

Not yet. I'll let you know when I get the call. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davpower

dublinscot wrote: »

Mine was built on 15/12/20 and I collected from dealers on the 21/1/21.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

davpower wrote: »
    Mine was built on 15/12/20 and I collected from dealers on the 21/1/21.

5 and a bit weeks? Not too bad considering Christmas and new year were in the middle, and SEAI paperwork takes, what, 2 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davpower

5 and a bit weeks? Not too bad considering Christmas and new year were in the middle, and SEAI paperwork takes, what, 2 weeks?

Not sure, dealer dealt with all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

Put my order down yesterday for a tech, not in an overly hurry to get it but hopefully won’t be waiting much more then 2 months. Thanks for the few who replied to me on here and in PM’s with dealer recommendations. Crazy the amount who either didn’t follow up on initial request or after speaking to them a couple of times !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

DermoMIO wrote: »
    Put my order down yesterday for a tech, not in an overly hurry to get it but hopefully won’t be waiting much more then 2 months. Thanks for the few who replied to me on here and in PM’s with dealer recommendations. Crazy the amount who either didn’t follow up on initial request or after speaking to them a couple of times !

Not surprised they won’t follow up a call... they want you to buy a Dino Juice Rip Off car.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

peposhi wrote: »
    Not surprised they won’t follow up a call... they want you to buy a Dino Juice Rio Off car.

They want you to buy a car they currently have sitting on the forecourt, they don't really care what powers it. I think the change to the agency model for selling the I.D range means we won't see a case of dealer orders 20 cars for January and then is under pressure to get them sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

liamog wrote: »
    They want you to buy a car they currently have sitting on the forecourt, they don't really care what powers it. I think the change to the agency model for selling the I.D range means we won't see a case of dealer orders 20 cars for January and then is under pressure to get them sold.

I thought most of VW's stuff was built to order anyway?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is the driving position any higher than the Golf in terms of ease of access

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Gael23 wrote: »
    Is the driving position any higher than the Golf in terms of ease of access

Yea it's a good bit higher certainly not low to get into. I was looking at lowering springs the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

@TitanGerm, @eagerv, @Mr_Q, or anyone else that has the 2.0 software.... how are you getting on with the timed charging? Any issues?

I only set it up last night and it did charge but only to 72% (I had it set to go to 80%).

I had preferred charging time set to 23:00-08:00 so its not that.
    I had the 0-50% setting set to 0 and as expected did not do anything when i plugged it in
    And then the last setting set to 80% with no cabin pre-heating so I was expecting it to get to 80% at 8am.

Basically, I wanted to plug in during peak hours and have it start the charge at the appropriate time during the night rate hours so that it got to 80% by 8am.... it almost got there but not quite and I'm not sure why.

It had enough time as the car was only at 40% (or thereabouts).

One thought that struck me is that maybe the 3.6kW cable is tricking it and its not starting the charge session early enough. Maybe it assumes a min rate of 7.2kW? Just thinking out loud.

What have been your experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

KCross wrote: »
    @TitanGerm, @eagerv, @Mr_Q, or anyone else that has the 2.0 software.... how are you getting on with the timed charging? Any issues?

I only set it up last night and it did charge but only to 72% (I had it set to go to 80%).

I had the 0-50% setting set to 0 and as expected did not do anything when i plugged it in
    And then the last setting set to 80% with no cabin pre-heating so I was expecting it to get to 80% at 8am.

Basically, I wanted to plug in during peak hours and have it start the charge at the appropriate time during the night rate hours so that it got to 80% by 8am.... it almost got there but not quite and I'm not sure why.

One thought that struck me is that maybe the 3.6kW cable is tricking it and its not starting the charge session early enough. Maybe it assumes a min rate of 7.2kW? Just thinking out loud.

I haven't used the timer yet as I'm only charging once a week and when I get home in the evening I just plug the car in and then stop the charge using the app. Then when I'm going to bed I turn the charge back on with the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Haven't got around to it yet! Doing something similar to TitianGerm, plug in when home from work, usually after 11PM and letting car charge to 70 or 80% on chape rate. Only have to do about once or twice a week atm, no pleasure driving:(. Must try timer next time..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I haven't used the timer yet as I'm only charging once a week and when I get home in the evening I just plug the car in and then stop the charge using the app. Then when I'm going to bed I turn the charge back on with the app.
    eagerv wrote: »
    Haven't got around to it yet! Doing something similar to TitianGerm, plug in when home from work, usually after 11PM and letting car charge to 70 or 80% on chape rate. Only have to do about once or twice a week atm, no pleasure driving:(. Must try timer next time..

The two of ye are no good to me! :)

I was doing the same myself... i'd plug in once I got home and immediately stopped it and then fired it up at 11pm via the app. It was inconvenient but only twice a week so I was ok with it knowing the software update was on the way!

I'll try a few more charges over the next week and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

liamog wrote: »
    They want you to buy a car they currently have sitting on the forecourt, they don't really care what powers it.

Yep got this with 1 of the 2 I was talking with eventually he just wanted me to buy one he has ordered rather then what I wanted and was reducing both his trade in offer and increasing price of car if going with a custom order !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Yea it's a good bit higher certainly not low to get into. I was looking at lowering springs the other day.

H&R springs or have others started to make them too?

Mr Q wrote: »
    H&R springs or have others started to make them too?

H&R haven't heard of any others. I wonder do any of these mods help efficiency, we know on a normal car dropping it can improve it's mpg if done right, also wondering would lightweight alloys help, got my first puncture today after 10k, didn't seem too light a wheel for the chap fixing it.

• Advertisement

My experience is not good with the timer. I am using a 10A wall charger so maybe your theory about the lower power is right.

Plugged in every night this week and charged the following amounts:
    12% Sunday
    33% Monday
    11% Tuesday
    1% Wednesday
    25% Thursday

Luckily after only charging 1% in nine hours I had enough charge to do what I needed the next day. It didn't reach its set max charge on any occasion to cause it to stop

H&R haven't heard of any others. I wonder do any of these mods help efficiency, we know on a normal car dropping it can improve it's mpg if done right, also wondering would lightweight alloys help, got my first puncture today after 10k, didn't seem too light a wheel for the chap fixing it.

Have the H&R ones in mine. Couldn't find any other brands doing them despite Eibach telling me they would be available in 3 months in September. Have found coilovers, the ones I seen do not look comfortable.

Not noticed any change in efficiency, it is still poor in my view. Struggle to get near 20kWh/100km

Very good do they improve the handling much? With this weather I don't think much can help, I did see a big jump in range when it hit 11 last week, didn't last long.
    VW said recommend operating tempature is 20 degrees or warmer.

Very good do they improve the handling much? With this weather I don't think much can help, I did see a big jump in range when it hit 11 last week, didn't last long.
    VW said recommend operating tempature is 20 degrees or warmer.

Yeah it feels much better to me without much change in comfort.

The energy usage seems to vary a lot on mine even on different days with very similar conditions on the same route.

Ah mines all over the place as well, I nearly collapsed when it read 390km of range last week. It's very sensitive to tempature, I hoping for good things from this update... pushed back to week 8 now but we're close.

Where did you pick up the springs, they have to make it more aerodynamic on the motorway... probably looks a lot better as well.

Ah mines all over the place as well, I nearly collapsed when it read 390km of range last week. It's very sensitive to tempature, I hoping for good things from this update... pushed back to week 8 now but we're close.

Where did you pick up the springs, they have to make it more aerodynamic on the motorway... probably looks a lot better as well.

Place in Germany, not sure if allowed name the company here. 175 euro plus a forwarding service cost.

It does look a lot better to me, I couldn't look at the huge tyre to arch gap anymore. But some people seem to like how high they sit.

Did your dealer say week 8 for software 2.1?

If lads are pumping Gamestop and Silver in the investment form your surely able to link to the site..

If lads are pumping Gamestop and Silver in the investment firm your surely able to link to the site..

Fair point.

https://www.sportfahrwerk-billiger.de/Artikel/HR-Tieferlegungsfedern-Sportfedernsaetze-fuer-Volkswagen-VW-ID3-/index_284791_.html

Thanks I'm tempted...

• Advertisement

Thanks I'm tempted...

If you can fit them yourself go for it. If you don't like them you can always put it back to standard

Advertisement