Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

eagerv wrote: »
    CR2032

Mine is the Base 1st, so not keyless entry..

Thanks! I always thought the VAG keys used CR2032, until I went to change the battery on the key for our e-Golf and found it was a CR2025. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭KCross

eko wrote: »
    Thanks! I always thought the VAG keys used CR2032, until I went to change the battery on the key for our e-Golf and found it was a CR2025. :(

Sometimes you can put the 2032 into devices, eventhough it had a 2025. If the fob can be closed without force then it will be fine. They are both the same voltage, its just the 2032 is a bit thicker and will last longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭eagerv

eko wrote: »

The only reason I know the battery size for Fob is because I changed it when the car was a week old. I assumed that was the problem when I couldn't get into car. Wrongly though, the Fob had to be re programmed by VW when problem persisted occasionally.

At least it was the only problem with the car since I got in September..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Warmer weather makes a difference eh!

9428-F7-CB-39-C8-45-A8-9609-BDB84-D739-C13.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MarkN wrote: »
    Warmer weather makes a difference eh!

9428-F7-CB-39-C8-45-A8-9609-BDB84-D739-C13.jpg

That's still quite high. I'd to go to Carlow last week and got 17.4 kWa and it was around 10-11C for the trip.

• Advertisement

My stuff really is short drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

What did VW say about installing the 2.1 software while you have the car?

Try this as a one off... for one of your regular routes try pre-heating the car (10-15mins) beforehand, reset the counter and then see what consumption you get.... it should be much lower.

When VW get the departure times and timers sorted in the 2.1 software this should all work much better. The timers and battery heating at the moment is very poor. I've abandoned the timers and reverted back to remotely activating it via the app.

There is a Q&A style video on the First movers group, which is worth watching, where they go over FAQ's, particularly around the battery and thermal management.

Some highlights

- Additional 12V battery management is now in 2.x software, which anyone with 2.0 already knows first hand.
    - They mention that, even with the upcoming software, that the battery will still be pre-heated even for short journeys UNLESS you program the navigation system. You will hardly program the school run into the sat nav! :pac:
    - They were asked if they would give the option to manually turn off the battery heating for short journeys. They said they think its a sehr gut idea and will consider that and might implement it in future but it wont be in 2.1 anyway, based on that.

At least they acknowledge it and are responding to customer feedback and will have the option of deploying it OTA, so thats something to look forward to!

What did VW say about installing the 2.1 software while you have the car?

Haven’t asked yet, will upload the first video this evening around 8pm and I’ll be talking to them during the week. Is Feb 22nd confirmed?

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's still quite high. I'd to go to Carlow last week and got 17.4 kWa and it was around 10-11C for the trip.

That's also what I would expect without taking particular care, but mainly town and 80 and 100km/h roads atm.

Today was like spring down here, car showed 14.6kWh/100km on a rural 60km trip. 80km/h roads and had a bit of fun..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Haven’t asked yet, will upload the first video this evening around 8pm and I’ll be talking to them during the week. Is Feb 22nd confirmed?

Someone said on here that this is when the assembly line starts to push the software onto the motors in the factory however for the dealers it won't be until march

That's also what I would expect without taking particular care, but mainly town and 80 and 100km/h roads atm.

Today was like spring down here, car showed 14.6kWh/100km on a rural 60km trip. 80km/h roads and had a bit of fun..:)

Have you come across any aftermarket inserts for the big storage bin between the two seats? Wouldn't mind getting something with a lid so people can't see anything in there when I'm parked up.

Have you come across any aftermarket inserts for the big storage bin between the two seats? Wouldn't mind getting something with a lid so people can't see anything in there when I'm parked up.

Not as yet, but haven't really looked. It's the one thing with the car that I wish was there.

There possibly will not be any aftermarket ones becoming available, I think all the new lower models have the sliding cover included..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone know what the reference consumption for abrp should be it says 5.75kw/kwh@110km with the ID3 selected but if you pick a different car like a long range tesla that figure stays the same. Is it something you can ignore or what's the correct figure for the VW.

Not as yet, but haven't really looked. It's the one thing with the car that I wish was there.

There possibly will not be any aftermarket ones becoming available, I think all the new lower models have the sliding cover included..

That'd be a shame. I assume the little bumps in the bin are actually guides to slide an insert onto.

That'd be a shame. I assume the little bumps in the bin are actually guides to slide an insert onto.

I suppose the market would be so small for the Base 1st that have been produced.

Might try and make something, must have a think..

I'd say Silent Running could model up something if he had the dimensions, maybe a lid insert with a shallow tray at the top.

Feedback welcome - good or bad! I'll use the comments here and under the video itself to film what people suggest. Really wanted baby steps in this one though so most of you will probably be bored :P

How do you find it for comfort Mark, drove a long range tesla today on back roads and found it rickety in comparison to the ID3, also have a lend of newish 318d for the last 2 days and both of us are using the id instead, you really feel the turbo lag, road and noise. I'm surprised I like the VW more than either of them. Some power in the Tesla in fairness to it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Feedback welcome - good or bad! I'll use the comments here and under the video itself to film what people suggest. Really wanted baby steps in this one though so most of you will probably be bored :P

Good video. The only little thing I'd say is that you should mention that the range will change instantly depending on your usage, like have the AC on won't permanently drop your range, is only estimating your range left of your car was in that exact condition right that moment, so hit traffic, the range will go up, hit an open road it will go down. Turn the AC on for the whole car it'll drop but next day it's only you well your range will go up.

Your real world figure that you put on your video is what they need to know, everything else will change with your use and you WILL get use to this very quickly and know how far you can really go and plan accordingly.

Love the idea for the series, and good to see you driving around my area :D

How much did you say to fill it up? Costs me about €4.50 on night rate, others probably a little cheaper if got a better rate.

Nice video btw, well done. Watched on phone so may have missed bits, will watch again later when home..

How much did you say to fill it up? Costs me about €4.50 on night rate, others probably a little cheaper if got a better rate.

I was going by my personal rate of 17c with ESB. Not worth me getting a night rate just now as don't have enough EVs. That's handy to know though that it can be that cheap, will include in the next vid. Really can't argue with that price!

How do you find it for comfort Mark, drove a long range tesla today on back roads and found it rickety in comparison to the ID3, also have a lend of newish 318d for the last 2 days and both of us are using the id instead, you really feel the turbo lag, road and noise. I'm surprised I like the VW more than either of them. Some power in the Tesla in fairness to it though.

Very comfortable. So smooth, suspension well suited to our roads, solid without being harsh. I'm really taking to it I must say!

I was going by my personal rate of 17c with ESB. Not worth me getting a night rate just now as don't have enough EVs. That's handy to know though that it can be that cheap, will include in the next vid. Really can't argue with that price!

Energia have an average rate of about 13-14c per unit so you should probably switch anyway.

Edit: it's 12.98c

Yes, our night rate is about 7.5c/kWh incl VAT. As TitainGerm says well worth changing. We changed last March to Energia, rates are even cheaper now I think. With two Ev's in our family our bills have increased very little, due to fact a lot of our other household stuff is now programmed to come on during night rate. Also trying to use up a bit of free Ionity when get a chance..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

Energia have an average rate of about 13-14c per unit so you should probably switch anyway.

Edit: it's 12.98c

Yeah, i only looked into switching last month in preparation of driving an EV. I was also paying 17.5c, now down to 13c with Energia.

Should have done it earlier, especially since my gaff has heat pump heating... doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,107 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

KCross wrote: »
    Try this as a one off... for one of your regular routes try pre-heating the car (10-15mins) beforehand, reset the counter and then see what consumption you get.... it should be much lower.

When VW get the departure times and timers sorted in the 2.1 software this should all work much better. The timers and battery heating at the moment is very poor. I've abandoned the timers and reverted back to remotely activating it via the app.

Isn’t it all the same though ? You use the energy to prevent heat the reset and drive off and show lower consumption but you have already used some power to pre heat in the first place or am I missing something?

Cyrus wrote: »
    Isn’t it all the same though ? You use the energy to prevent heat the reset and drive off and show lower consumption but you have already used some power to pre heat in the first place or am I missing something?

It will come from the house, not battery, and hence not affect your range

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,107 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

KCross wrote: »
    It will come from the house, not battery, and hence not affect your range

Sorry I didn’t clock that you meant it would be plugged in. I charge mine once a week and the charger only works at night rare times so invariably it’s not on charge !

Advertisement