Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Should be here in the next hour I'll see what it reads when they appear.
    It had no symptoms and I've 11k on it, thought I escaped the issue if that's the problem.

My guess is that they'll just stick the jump leads on it and the car will come to life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

My guess is that they'll just stick the jump leads on it and the car will come to life.

Is that the fix, not so bad I'm at home don't fancy getting stranded somewhere else later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Should be here in the next hour I'll see what it reads when they appear.
    It had no symptoms and I've 11k on it, thought I escaped the issue if that's the problem.

yep - just a jump start normally carried out by the AA - as you have the latest software little they can do so don't waste your time going to the garage. first time it happened to me, I lost the car for a day for them to change the 12V battery, tell me it was fixed only for it to happen 1 month later..

I don't have the latest software, 0783 or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

I don't have the latest software, 0783 or there abouts.

sorry - yea, the 2.0 (0783) software was what they put onto mine to help stop the battery drain..

• Advertisement

I'd be interested in the voltage of the 12V battery when this happens.

If it's less that 12v that battery will never be the same again. If it's over 12V but still won't fire up the car, what voltage does the car need the battery to be at to kick it into life?

3V

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Waiting on the AA, what's the story with this 12v battery came out this morning and the car is completely dead, no screens, lights anything. Is it only a matter of jump starting, or is it off to hospital?

Yea, jump start should get you going but book it in for the v2.0 update asap. It will likely leave you stranded again.

v2.0 appears to be much better and specifically addresses the 12V issue.

You can run the gauntlet and hope it doesnt happen before v2.1 comes out but that could be April before you see that.... once I had one major issue with mine I booked it in and got v2.0 installed. Got their ID.3 demo while they had the car. Took a full day to install.

Not worth getting stranded again and always wondering if the car will drive when you come out to it! Get v2.0 installed asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Collecting my new ID3 tomorrow. Lets see if 2.0 is on it!
    What do I need to do to set up weconnect id? Like should I do it there and then or can I wait until I get it home?

I'll have my Ioniq until middle of next week, will be interesting to see them side by side.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

lafors wrote: »
    Collecting my new ID3 tomorrow. Lets see if 2.0 is on it!
    What do I need to do to set up weconnect id? Like should I do it there and then or can I wait until I get it home?

I'll have my Ioniq until middle of next week, will be interesting to see them side by side.

Just download the app. The dealer will run through the app set up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Greenbin

Waiting on the AA, what's the story with this 12v battery came out this morning and the car is completely dead, no screens, lights anything. Is it only a matter of jump starting, or is it off to hospital?

I’ve had flat 12v battery twice, both times because the lights could not be switched off. AA jump started it first time at home and I drove it dealer on the second occasion and just left it with them. Can’t remember what software I had first time but 0783 was definitely installed before the 2nd instance. Dealer had it for 3 days to get it sorted. Picked it up yesterday and working ok now so just hoping it stays that way till the big update comes out.

• Advertisement

Spotted a load of scratches on the rear bumper of my car today and a chunk of paint gone from the top of the bumper where the boot closes.

So pissed off and I honestly don't think I reversed into a wall seeing as the bloody beepers go mental when I get near anything.

Where I park everyday for work has a low wall behind the car but the scratches are above the top of the wall so it can't be from there and I don't park against any other walls. The car did have a chunk of road dirt on it around the area of the scratches so I wonder did someone wipe the dirt off and cause the scratches?

The only way I can see how the chunk of paint came off is a stone got caught between the bumper and boot when I was closing it :(

May see can I buff the scratches out and get a touch up on the chunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Spotted a load of scratches on the rear bumper of my car today and a chunk of paint gone from the top of the bumper where the boot closes.

So pissed off and I honestly don't think I reversed into a wall seeing as the bloody beepers go mental when I get near anything.

Where I park everyday for work has a low wall behind the car but the scratches are above the top of the wall so it can't be from there and I don't park against any other walls. The car did have a chunk of road dirt on it around the area of the scratches so I wonder did someone wipe the dirt off and cause the scratches?

The only way I can see how the chunk of paint came off is a stone got caught between the bumper and boot when I was closing it :(

May see can I buff the scratches out and get a touch up on the chunk.

Sorry to hear, is there a dog in your neighborhood that likes jumping up on cars, or perhaps damage done by supermarket trolley?

My last car was scraped by a trailer on the front door and wing when only new, really pissed me off. Had a good idea who did it, but couldn't prove it. Paid for it to be professionally fixed and then forgot about it... Probably best thing to do, there are many places doing scratches and minor repairs really well and not too expensive.

eagerv wrote: »
    Sorry to hear, is there a dog in your neighborhood that likes jumping up on cars, or perhaps damage done by supermarket trolley?

My last car was scraped by a trailer on the front door and wing when only new, really pissed me off. Had a good idea who did it, but couldn't prove it. Paid for it to be professionally fixed and then forgot about it... Probably best thing to do, there are many places doing scratches and minor repairs really well and not too expensive.

Don't think it was a dog to be honest. There are some scratches on the boot lid as well that I didn't notice orginally.

I'll leave it as is for the moment and see if I can get one of the VW paint sticks the next time I'm down that direction and try fill in the scratches a little. I'll know more when I clean off the car over the weekend, if they look to deep I might find someone local to do it.

I have to say the paint feels a little soft. Maybe I should have went for metallic!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Don't think it was a dog to be honest. There are some scratches on the boot lid as well that I didn't notice orginally.

I'll leave it as is for the moment and see if I can get one of the VW paint sticks the next time I'm down that direction and try fill in the scratches a little. I'll know more when I clean off the car over the weekend, if they look to deep I might find someone local to do it.

I have to say the paint feels a little soft. Maybe I should have went for metallic!!

Post a picture. It may biff out.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Post a picture. It may biff out.

I'll get one tomorrow in the daylight. I think some of the scratches are a bit to rough though to buff out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Christ don’t got at it with a paint stick

Base spec ID3 prices listed on this German site and available for delivery in Q2 to Q3: https://www.ludego.com/produkt/vw-id-3-pure/

€21,015.

93kw motor, 45kw battery, 50kw charging. black paint standard.

That is still a good lump of EV for small money and kills the market for EV superminis from the size below.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭latency89

Base spec ID3 prices listed on this German site and available for delivery in Q2 to Q3: https://www.ludego.com/produkt/vw-id-3-pure/

€21,015.

93kw motor, 45kw battery, 50kw charging. black paint standard.

That is still a good lump of EV for small money and kills the market for EV superminis from the size below.

How much here?

€30,000?

if just adjusting for VAT then it is 26k after 5000 euro grant in Ireland but I'd guess they'd throw another 1000 on the price.

select the 45kwh version of the ID3 in a better route planner and see where you can't get to in Ireland (where you might want to go) on a full battery.
    Cork only needs a 5 minute splash and dash and all the others are reachable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭McGiver

if just adjusting for VAT then it is 26k after 5000 euro grant in Ireland but I'd guess they'd throw another 1000 on the price.

How did you get 26k AFTER the grant? Did you add VRT?

German grant - 6000
    German vat - 19%

Irish grant - 5000
    Irish vat - 21%

21050 + German grant = 27050
    27050/119*121 = 27500 (Irish vat adjusted OMSP)
    Irish VRT = 27500 * 0.07 = 1925 - VRT rebate = 0
    27500 - Irish grant = 22500

24k is more realistic than 27k.
    If that's the case it will sell massively.

• Advertisement

german grant is 6000 government and approx 3000 Manufacturer which is a requirement to get the 6k government grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

german grant is 6000 government and approx 3000 Manufacturer which is a requirement to get the 6k government grant.

It'll be around €29k after grants , because that's the price all the other equivalent cars are selling for in Ireland

No one has bothered lowering the price because they're still selling plenty of EVs for now and don't need to compete with each other

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

"Laut VW-Hotline heute kommt das ME 2.1 ab KW 9 und wird die Vorklimatisierung für alle Fahrzeuge korrekt funktionieren lassen. Parkposition z.B. kommt aber nicht, da gibtes noch Bedenken beim Datenschutz. ME 2.2 und ME 2.3 sidn auch in Planung, die 2.3 wird wohl gegen Ende des Jahres erscheinen."

Translated as
    Today, according to the VW Hotline the firmware 2.1 will come in calendar week 9(this is end of cw7) and pre-heating for all cars will function correctly. park position?? isn't included(something about GDPR) firmware 2.2 and 2.3 are in planning and will be released later in the year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭latency89

It'll be around €29k after grants , because that's the price all the other equivalent cars are selling for in Ireland

No one has bothered lowering the price because they're still selling plenty of EVs for now and don't need to compete with each other

Exactly

Supply and demand in each country set's prices

The more eejits that pay those ridiculous prices here, the longer those prices will remain ridiculous

Plenty of eejits will pay €29,000 for a 45kWh ID3 here

Who can blame, what's the alternative here?

A dinky little Zoe for €27,000, a more expensive Leaf 40

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

It’s down to purchasing with the heart rather than the head. Most people are just wired that way. A Zoe buyer might have been swayed by the AC charging speed or preferred the looks compared to the alternatives. A leaf buyer in the past hadn’t many alternative choices in reality and in the current market I think is offered at 0% interest. I wouldn’t say people in general are idiots. Who knows, when the ID3 45 hits the streets some people might say only a clown would consider one. There’s no right or wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

I'm interested in the ID4 and wanted to check how ID3 owners find the CarPlay integration? I know there are VW voice commands but is it possible to say 'Hey Siri' (without pressing the voice command button) to trigger Siri? Or how can Siri be invoked (button, etc)?

I'm aware of the limitations/accuracy of Siri, so just wanted to understand how CarPlay is integrated in ID. I've tried to search for info or videos but could find much on this specifically. Any feedback would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Collected my ID3 earlier, had a massive 3km on it :pac:
    Family Spec model. Really impressed with it.
    Obviously faster in comparison to my Ioniq. Drives really nicely, steering is nice and light for a family car. It's huge inside in comparison to what I was expecting, much more legroom. Like I'm 6'6 and even with the seat in my position an adult can fit behind me.

I got rubber mats for it there, the official ones. Got the boot one too. For very well, perfect for Irish weather and driving kids to and from training/parks etc..
    One thing of note is there is now a footrest for your left foot, don't think that was on the 1st editions.
    Software is 0783, 2.0.
    When I started drinking earlier it offered me an OTA update. I said ok and then it went to show me the changes, but a drop down screen appeared over it saying you cannot do this while driving. Couldn't get the screen to slide up without pressing the home button, now I'm not getting the notification anymore.
    Weird. One thing I was thinking was it came up as I was driving away from the dealers, would they have OTA ability at their premises?

I also plugged my OBDeleven into it. There is a tonne of information it gives, like I can see state of charge for every cell, all the temperature sensors. Will have a better look at it later.

This new car and 5km limit sucks :(
    Any other questions let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Obviously faster in comparison to my Ioniq. Drives really nicely, steering is nice and light for a family car. It's huge inside in comparison to what I was expecting, much more legroom. Like I'm 6'6 and even with the seat in my position an adult can fit behind me.

I got rubber mats for it there, the official ones. Got the boot one too. For very well, perfect for Irish weather and driving kids to and from training/parks etc..
    One thing of note is there is now a footrest for your left foot, don't think that was on the 1st editions.
    Software is 0783, 2.0.
    When I started drinking earlier it offered me an OTA update. I said ok and then it went to show me the changes, but a drop down screen appeared over it saying you cannot do this while driving. Couldn't get the screen to slide up without pressing the home button, now I'm not getting the notification anymore.
    Weird. One thing I was thinking was it came up as I was driving away from the dealers, would they have OTA ability at their premises?

I also plugged my OBDeleven into it. There is a tonne of information it gives, like I can see state of charge for every cell, all the temperature sensors. Will have a better look at it later.

:pac: Well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Software is 0783, 2.0.

Well wear!

When did you order?

• Advertisement

Software is 0783, 2.0.

That update will pop up again when you turn the car on but don't drive off until it finishes or it'll stop again. It's only for the manual and a few simple things.

Advertisement