Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,319 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Lumen wrote: »
    Gotta love the Germans. Spend 40k and don't even get keyless entry, folding mirrors or reversing camera.

+1

All standard on my 25k Ioniq which is 3 years older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Gotta love the Germans. Spend 40k and don't even get keyless entry, folding mirrors or reversing camera.

Reversing camera exclusion is embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,163 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

In fairness the reversing camera under the badge is genius your never looking at a dirty screen. I think the massage seats are after tipping the scales back for me.
    A bit concerned about the range now though as I hadn't copped it was up to 261 miles, it could be as low as 186....I read somewhere else there understating it to avoid warranty claims on the battery.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,237 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

In fairness the reversing camera under the badge is genius your never looking at a dirty screen. I think the massage seats are after tipping the scales back for me.
    A bit concerned about the range now though as I hadn't copped it was up to 261 miles, it could be as low as 186....I read somewhere else there understating it to avoid warranty claims on the battery.

Battery warranty should be based on battery state of health, nothing to do with the range you're getting or what the GOM is telling you. (I suppose should is the operative word here though)

What's the size of the battery in the 1st edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Someone on another forum claimed to have been sent this from an Irish dealer.

If they're estimating <40k (probably 39,999.99) then the plus and max will be crazy money.

Does the "Acceleration upgrade" mean the 1st edition will have the higher rated bhp... ~200?

Having "Keyless Go" would suggest it has keyless entry... no?
    And it has parking sensors so I dont think you need a camera then. Its usually one or the other.
    Folding mirrors... meh! It probably has it just not listed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Battery warranty should be based on battery state of health, nothing to do with the range you're getting or what the GOM is telling you. (I suppose should is the operative word here though)

What's the size of the battery in the 1st edition?

58kWh, i think

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

KCross wrote: »
    And it has parking sensors so I dont think you need a camera then. Its usually one or the other.

It's all from this post.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111240488&postcount=656

• Registered Users Posts: 33,896 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Does the "Acceleration upgrade" mean the 1st edition will have the higher rated bhp... ~200?

Keyless go means push button start, it has nothing to do with keyless entry unless explicitly stated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

listermint wrote: »
    Pricing is horrendous. It would make sense if the vehicle resembled a large Saloon or possibly an estate.

But a glorified golf hatchback. Its abysmal money.

For an Edition One with loads of equipment and colours and wheel options that nobody really wants then id agree - yes. But why not wait until what you see what the actual offer pricing is for entry price point before making such a statement.

The golf is the best selling car in Ireland, you can hardly say nobody wants a hatchback it's a very pratical car with more load space than a Passat with the same size interior in the id3, the Passat is number 16 best selling.
    Estates aren't selling well besides a few markets aren't bmw even dropping them in some ranges.
    Spec up a Peugeot or another VW with the same spec as the max id3 and you won't be far off the price of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

As far as I'm aware the 58kWh was always meant to have the 204ps/201bhp spec. Here's an article from July

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/volkswagen/id-3/first-drives/volkswagen-id-3-2020-review

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

The golf is the 7th best selling car in Ireland, you can hardly say nobody wants a hatchback it's a very pratical car with more load space than a Passat with the same size interior in the id3, the Passat is number 16 best selling.
    Estates aren't selling well besides a few markets aren't bmw even dropping them in some ranges.
    Spec up a Peugeot or another VW with the same spec as the max id3 and you won't be far off the price of it.

Fixed that for you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭marcos_94

Fixed that for you. ;)

The golf is the best selling car in Ireland in 2018, you can hardly say nobody wants a hatchback it's a very pratical car with more load space than a Passat with the same size interior in the id3, the Passat is number 16 best selling.

Fixed that for you. :):
    https://cso.ie/en/interactivezone/visualisationtools/irelandstopmotors/

marcos_94 wrote: »
    The golf is the best selling car in Ireland in 2018, you can hardly say nobody wants a hatchback it's a very pratical car with more load space than a Passat with the same size interior in the id3, the Passat is number 16 best selling.

But... that doesn't even make sense. We're not in 2018. :D

The Kia Sportage is number 7 not the Golf, Golf is number 1.

But... that doesn't even make sense. We're not in 2018. :D

Just providing full year data. Well done for knowing what year it is though :cool:

Fixed that for you. ;)

I think your wrong...

Screenshot-20190913-120147.jpg

Just providing full year data. Well done for knowing what year it is though :cool:

beepbeep.ie disagrees with the link you gave. Hard to know who to believe. They say the Tucson was the best selling car last year, followed by the Qashqai. I would believe that!

I think your wrong...

Screenshot-20190913-120147.jpg

Ah look, you said that the Golf is the best selling car. It was at some point, I'm sure, but it's not now.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

beepbeep.ie disagrees with the link you gave. Hard to know who to believe. They say the Tucson was the best selling car last year, followed by the Qashqai. I would believe that!

I'm going to going to go with the CSO, they have to report numbers back to Europe for emissions monitoring etc. BeepBeep is an industry page from SIMI registered dealers.

I've no idea how you buy a new car without going through SIMI though.

• Advertisement

My source is the Central Statistics Office, you know, a government Office?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,896 ✭✭✭✭listermint

RedorDead wrote: »
    For an Edition One with loads of equipment and colours and wheel options that nobody really wants then id agree - yes. But why not wait until what you see what the actual offer pricing is for entry price point before making such a statement.

because for a golf sized car that money is incredibly poor. Im fully aware the gold is popular. That doesnt make it any bigger or family sized than it is.

over 40K for an entry level car of the same ilk.

I can make my statement very easily. VW are having a laugh and their living off the badge on the front.

Im sure the VW salesmen are foaming at the mouth to extol the virtues of a +40K entry level hatchback.

It's hardly entry level if your talking about the 1st. A well specked tdi will cost you that and a bit more if your looking at a GTi or R fully loaded your edging near 60k.
    Seems to be a bit of a problem that it's just a hatchback for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

The general feedback here appears to be pretty negative overall, maybe have a poll and see for people who put a deposit down how their intentions have changed in the last 4-5 months.

Also anyone following discussions in other countries after the launch - wonder is everyone as negative as we seem to be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

I paid my deposit on day 1 in the hope that VW were gonna release something special and price well enough to beat the Tesla Model 3 as the electric-car-to-get. To me it looks like they had 3 teams work on it:
    - External design (golf team)
    - Interior design (fisherprice team)
    - Electric drivetrain (new team with solid first outing if numbers are accurate)

I now have no intention in buying it having seen the launch video and all the independent youtube videos, but I have not yet requested my refund, why?
    Well, 2 reasons:
    1. If excitement and demand is generated and the 1st edition offers some desirable/valuable extras I may buy, try it out and sell it on and hopefully not make a loss.
    2. If driving reviews are insanely good from independent reviewers, it would have to be really excellent on the road for me to put up with the interior and price.

Other note: Land Rover had the most exciting news this month with their new defender launch, now that's a desirable car and it was done so well. VW had us all eagerly anticipating this car and I haven't spoke with one person who is genuinely excited about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭quokula

It's hardly entry level if your talking about the 1st. A well specked tdi will cost you that and a bit more if your looking at a GTi or R fully loaded your edging near 60k.
    Seems to be a bit of a problem that it's just a hatchback for some people.

The €40k model doesn't even include things like a rear camera, keyless entry or folding mirrors. For a car coming out in 2020 that seems to be at the bottom end of entry level to me.

quokula wrote: »
    The €40k model doesn't even include things like a rear camera, keyless entry or folding mirrors. For a car coming out in 2020 that seems to be at the bottom end of entry level to me.

Entry level VW's don't come with them as standard and some of those entry level are over 40k. Granted they should be standard on the 1st for anyone pre ordering. The USB ports and wireless charging excluded is a bit stingy as well.

Wait now, 40 K that's before grant and vrt relief ? so say 30 K ?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Wait now, 40 K that's before grant and vrt relief ? so say 30 K ?

Surely it's with the grants. There was a calculation done based on the 40k price in Germany couple of pages back

• Advertisement

I think if it were a Crossover then people would have liked it a lot more but a lot of crossovers are tiny inside. The Kona feels a lot more cramped inside than the i3 for instance, then again so too does out Outlander in the drivers seat of course, naturally the Outlander is a lot more internal space but it feels a lot more cramped than the i3, it's amazing how BMW managed to do that, I suppose it's a lot to do with the fact they can use the room up front so the id.3 should feel quite roomy too but it has that high dash the i3 does not which is probably a lot to do with it.

Advertisement