Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

lafors wrote: »
    Collected my ID3 earlier, had a massive 3km on it :pac:
    Family Spec model. Really impressed with it.
    Obviously faster in comparison to my Ioniq. Drives really nicely, steering is nice and light for a family car. It's huge inside in comparison to what I was expecting, much more legroom. Like I'm 6'6 and even with the seat in my position an adult can fit behind me.

I got rubber mats for it there, the official ones. Got the boot one too. For very well, perfect for Irish weather and driving kids to and from training/parks etc..
    One thing of note is there is now a footrest for your left foot, don't think that was on the 1st editions.
    Software is 0783, 2.0.
    When I started drinking earlier it offered me an OTA update. I said ok and then it went to show me the changes, but a drop down screen appeared over it saying you cannot do this while driving. Couldn't get the screen to slide up without pressing the home button, now I'm not getting the notification anymore.
    Weird. One thing I was thinking was it came up as I was driving away from the dealers, would they have OTA ability at their premises?

I also plugged my OBDeleven into it. There is a tonne of information it gives, like I can see state of charge for every cell, all the temperature sensors. Will have a better look at it later.

This new car and 5km limit sucks :(
    Any other questions let me know.

Best wishes with the new car, hope it serves you well. At least with the present temperatures there should be no battery pre heating..

Also the Ioniq was the only EV (Wifes') I had experience of before the ID.3 so looking forward to your experience.

You will have to think up a few creative essential journeys.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Family Spec model. Really impressed with it.
    Obviously faster in comparison to my Ioniq. Drives really nicely, steering is nice and light for a family car. It's huge inside in comparison to what I was expecting, much more legroom. Like I'm 6'6 and even with the seat in my position an adult can fit behind me.

I got rubber mats for it there, the official ones. Got the boot one too. For very well, perfect for Irish weather and driving kids to and from training/parks etc..
    One thing of note is there is now a footrest for your left foot, don't think that was on the 1st editions.
    Software is 0783, 2.0.
    When I started drinking earlier it offered me an OTA update. I said ok and then it went to show me the changes, but a drop down screen appeared over it saying you cannot do this while driving. Couldn't get the screen to slide up without pressing the home button, now I'm not getting the notification anymore.
    Weird. One thing I was thinking was it came up as I was driving away from the dealers, would they have OTA ability at their premises?

I also plugged my OBDeleven into it. There is a tonne of information it gives, like I can see state of charge for every cell, all the temperature sensors. Will have a better look at it later.

This new car and 5km limit sucks :(
    Any other questions let me know.

Should wait till you get home, lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Well wear!

When did you order?

4 weeks ago :pac:
    ..... It's a lease car
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    That update will pop up again when you turn the car on but don't drive off until it finishes or it'll stop again. It's only for the manual and a few simple things.

Thanks, good to know. It actually put up a notification of electronic manual downloaded there, so must be it.

Well wear, what spec is it ?

You may post some pics. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭quokula

So my dealer's been a bit rubbish with getting the welcome pack to me, apparently it got lost somewhere, but they have finally sent me out the €600 we charge card with no documentation a hand written note that I need to activate it.

But I have no idea how I go about activating it? I started down the path of registering a wecharge account from the We Connect ID app, but it was asking for credit card details and asking if I wanted a Plus or Free account and I have no idea what I should be selecting to use the card I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

There seems to be a load of them about today...

Spotted a White Pro version with steel wheels on the Strand Road in Sandymount, then later I passed a Silver one in Santry, and a third one, a white First edition Plus, in Hedigans Car park. All 211 D registrations. Anyone on here, best of luck with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

quokula wrote: »
    So my dealer's been a bit rubbish with getting the welcome pack to me, apparently it got lost somewhere, but they have finally sent me out the €600 we charge card with no documentation a hand written note that I need to activate it.

But I have no idea how I go about activating it? I started down the path of registering a wecharge account from the We Connect ID app, but it was asking for credit card details and asking if I wanted a Plus or Free account and I have no idea what I should be selecting to use the card I have.

You have to register with a credit card , but it takes no money. Choose the free option, I think it's in blue writing, and then input the card number into the App and you should be good to go.

Well wear, what spec is it ?

You may post some pics. :D

It's Family Spec, so 18in alloys, panoramic sunroof, tinted windows, reversing cameras and sensors front and back. Not sure what else it has that's not on the normal one.

Pics will be after the weather is not so mucky out.
    rx8 wrote: »
    There seems to be a load of them about today...

Spotted a White Pro version with steel wheels on the Strand Road in Sandymount, then later I passed a Silver one in Santry, and a third one, a white First edition Plus, in Hedigans Car park. All 211 D registrations. Anyone on here, best of luck with them.

Silver one in santry was probably me on the way back from collecting it and then collecting the rubber mats in VW off Charlestown.

I've got the app working now which was a bit of a pain to do and have it charging out front just to test it. When I went to set it up the app got the VIN no problem but then the qr code bit was a pain. It wanted to take a picture of it but it kept locking the focus on the camera (OnePlus 8 pro) to be out of focus with no way to change it, rebooted the phone and all, still the same. I got it to work by having the app open and trying to take the image then opened the actual camera app and focused on the screen and quickly swiped to swap app. It picked up the QR code thankfully before going out of focus again. Really weird.
    Anyway, I like the green stripe across the dash showing the charging filling up, the Ioniq had 3 lights that flashed and lit up, this stripe is cooler.
    According to the app it's charging at 41km/h.

Only annoying things so far are the getting out of the seat and car shutting down everything immediately and also I haven't figured out the locks, unlock button only opens my door and not the others. Presume it's a setting somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Only annoying things so far are the getting out of the seat and car shutting down everything immediately ...

Pain in the hole that. I hope they change that in v2.1 but Im not holding my breath.

... I haven't figured out the locks, unlock button only opens my door and not the others. Presume it's a setting somewhere.

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭McGiver

german grant is 6000 government and approx 3000 Manufacturer which is a requirement to get the 6k government grant.

Ah right nice.

That gives us 25200 (Irish vat adjusted).

If it can be 26k it would be a hit IMHO. Very decent car.
    The firmware issues will have been all fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

It's Family Spec, so 18in alloys, panoramic sunroof, tinted windows, reversing cameras and sensors front and back. Not sure what else it has that's not on the normal one.

Well wear. I am tempted by the Family model myself. Does the sunroof open? I don't think it did in the 1st Edition (although I'm open to contradiction)

Well wear. I am tempted by the Family model myself. Does the sunroof open? I don't think it did in the 1st Edition (although I'm open to contradiction)

No it's panoramic but doesn't open. It has a blind for the full length.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

KCross wrote: »
    Pain in the hole that. I hope they change that in v2.1 but Im not holding my breath.

Hit the start button when you get off the seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

eko wrote: »
    May I ask, when did you order your ID.3? We ordered near the end of November, but still no sign of a build week. Also, is MyVolkswagen something you can see yourself? So far, I've been asking the dealer to check every so often. Eager to try to get the car before the VAT rate goes back up after February. :(

Coming into the final week of the month, and VAT going back up to 23% from 1 March, is anyone else hoping their ID.3 appears soon at their dealer to register before the VAT change? I think Silent Running, you were expecting your car soon, right?

I've been checking the MyVolkswagen site and the VIN still hasn't appeared for ours, so looking not so hopeful for us. The dealer told us last week that it'll arrive before 28 February for sure, so not sure what to believe now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

eko wrote: »
    Coming into the final week of the month, and VAT going back up to 23% from 1 March, is anyone else hoping their ID.3 appears soon at their dealer to register before the VAT change? I think Silent Running, you were expecting your car soon, right?

I've been checking the MyVolkswagen site and the VIN still hasn't appeared for ours, so looking not so hopeful for us. The dealer told us last week that it'll arrive before 28 February for sure, so not sure what to believe now. :(

I spoke to my dealer about the VAT thing. He said that the price we agreed can only move one way: down.

If there is any extra cost, the dealer will absorb it. If there are any unexpected savings, they will be passed on to me. I'm not expecting any. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭MarkN

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

I spoke to my dealer about the VAT thing. He said that the price we agreed can only move one way: down.

If there is any extra cost, the dealer will absorb it. If there are any unexpected savings, they will be passed on to me. I'm not expecting any. :p

Hmm... interesting... I'll have a chat with my dealer also on this, thanks! When I ordered in November, his expectation was the car would arrive in January, at least well before the VAT increase (his words) which suggested to me there would be an extra cost of the 2% increase in VAT, but must have a word with him again.

If it weren't for the potential of having to pay more from 1 March, I'd rather wait a few more weeks in order to try to get even the 2.1 update on the car from the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

MarkN wrote: »

Quality video. Can't wait for the next one.

Small hack/tip, does the CCS cover have anywhere to clip in to when you're charging? Wouldn't fancy the cover swinging in the wind and scratching paintwork if it can be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Quality video. Can't wait for the next one.

Small hack/tip, does the CCS cover have anywhere to clip in to when you're charging? Wouldn't fancy the cover swinging in the wind and scratching paintwork if it can be avoided.

There’s a hood for cover at the bottom of the flap

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

There’s a hood for cover at the bottom of the flap

Thanks. I was looking at some stock images but couldn't see if there was one.

• Advertisement

On efficiency, it's not very efficient....actually nearly twice as bad as the Ioniq!
    I had to make an emergency trip to my mother in law yesterday to fix her lighting circuit. 79km - 51 minute drive @ avg. 94km/h.....24.8kWh/100km.
    That's brutal! Or maybe the Ioniq is just insanely good.
    Was on ACC pretty much the whole way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

On efficiency, it's not very efficient....actually nearly twice as bad as the Ioniq!
    I had to make an emergency trip to my mother in law yesterday to fix her lighting circuit. 79km - 51 minute drive @ avg. 94km/h.....24.8kWh/100km.

What was the temperature and your average speed? I did 112km two weeks ago and I got 17.4kWh/100km with an average speed of 52km/h at 10C.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

yea, the ID.3 efficiency is hit & miss - i got it to 13.8 yesterday over 45KM when i tried to be efficient.. - think my long term figures is around 24KWh/100 over about 5,000 kms...

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What was the temperature and your average speed? I did 112km two weeks ago and I got 17.4kWh/100km with an average speed of 52km/h at 10C.

It was 11C on the way on average and 8.5 return.
    ACC at 120 for majority of journey.

Like the Ioniq does the same journey around 14/15kWh/100km

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Thanks. I was looking at some stock images but couldn't see if there was one.
    Hook, not hood:) autocorrect....

Just another weird one. Got out of the car yesterday evening, 8.0C - Range on the GOM 274km.
    Got into the car earlier, 13.0C - Range on GOM 314km.
    40km = +5.0C?? hmmm never seen anything like that in the Ioniq!

It truly is a guess-o-meter in the ID3 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just another weird one. Got out of the car yesterday evening, 8.0C - Range on the GOM 274km.
    Got into the car earlier, 13.0C - Range on GOM 314km.
    40km = +5.0C?? hmmm never seen anything like that in the Ioniq!

It truly is a guess-o-meter in the ID3 :pac:

Battery heater is on at 8c but definitely off at 13c so that's probably a big part of the difference.

https://www.autobild.de/artikel/auto-bild-interview-mit-vw-chef-brandstaetter-id.3-golf-8-id.4-probleme-software-iaa-18789919.html

Brandstätter: Ich fahre ihn auch privat gerade. Es ist ein fantastisches Auto geworden, innovativ, agil, hochfunktional, und es bietet unglaublich viel Platz. Wir wollen den Innenraum jetzt mit neuen Materialien noch ein Stück wertiger machen. Die neuen Sportsitze gibt es schon jetzt mit weichem Velours-Stoff.

that translates as the Boss saying he is not happy with the interior and will improve interior material quality. The 2022 version will be built from calendar week 25

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Word on the UK ID3 Facebook group is 2.1 upgrade to be released there on March 10th.

Anybody heard from VW or their dealers in Ireland?

I'm still on the original as I have no major issues (touch wood) but I am looking forward to having Android Auto again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Word on the UK ID3 Facebook group is 2.1 upgrade to be released there on March 10th.

Anybody heard from VW or their dealers in Ireland?

I'm still on the original as I have no major issues (touch wood) but I am looking forward to having Android Auto again.

I'm in the same boat, I haven't heard anything.

Advertisement