Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Word on the UK ID3 Facebook group is 2.1 upgrade to be released there on March 10th.

Anybody heard from VW or their dealers in Ireland?

I'm still on the original as I have no major issues (touch wood) but I am looking forward to having Android Auto again.

My car arrived in Ireland on Monday. I now have to decide whether to take delivery with the 2.0 installed or wait until it is updated to 2.1.

It's not like I'll be driving it for the next week or to... or three... or six. :P

Either way I'm still very happy in my e-Niro.... going brmmm brmmm in the driveway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

A friend picked up his ID3 today and went for the ID Plan finance and apparently it's down to 0.9% now. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

My car arrived in Ireland on Monday. I now have to decide whether to take delivery with the 2.0 installed or wait until it is updated to 2.1.

It's not like I'll be driving it for the next week or to... or three... or six. :P

Either way I'm still very happy in my e-Niro.... going brmmm brmmm in the driveway. :D

It must have been on the same transporter as mine. Taking delivery of it tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 richardob50

Anyone on the 2.0 software having issues getting carplay working? (Think it’s an issue with cars built Dec to Jan)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Anyone on the 2.0 software having issues getting carplay working? (Think it’s an issue with cars built Dec to Jan)

Mines working fine, but was a Sept build.

Only slight problem is if you go to another screen then you have to sometimes restart carplay.

• Advertisement

eagerv wrote: »
    Mines working fine, but was a Sept build.

Only slight problem is if you go to another screen then you have to sometimes restart carplay.

I suppose it’s hard to integrate carplay more naturally.

The below are two exerts from a German site

“Yesterday evening I received the information from the service colleague that some cars from the production period from the end of December to mid-January have a fundamental bug with regard to CarPlay. My car will be in the workshop on Wednesday next week, the appointment has been made because there is still nothing going on for me.”

“since yesterday there is a TPI.
    Vehicles ID3 and ID4 on which Carplay does not work may no longer be delivered to customers.
    We are working at full speed on a solution and this is expected to be available from Wednesday week 9 (i.e. next week).
    Talk to your dealer about it - date of the TPI is 02/22/2021 - number TPI 2062437/1”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Can the We Connect app only be used on a phone/tablet?
    I use the Nissan Connect app for my Leaf on my phone and PC, whichever is handier, but prefer the PC for a more detailed look at the figures.

It looks like the We Connect app does not show you the information about number of journeys, consumption, efficiency etc and that this is only available in the car on the multimedia screen - is that correct?

The Leaf is great at providing all of that information by trip/month/year in its app..

cannco253 wrote: »
    I use the Nissan Connect app for my Leaf on my phone and PC, whichever is handier, but prefer the PC for a more detailed look at the figures.

It looks like the We Connect app does not show you the information about number of journeys, consumption, efficiency etc and that this is only available in the car on the multimedia screen - is that correct?

The Leaf is great at providing all of that information by trip/month/year in its app..

Think it can only be used on a phone/tablet app, but stand to be corrected..

The App is very basic at the moment, handy for turning on/off heating, checking range/battery charge, stopping charge, checking charging stations/ prices. And app is glitchy, doesn't always work..

It can only get better.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

The 2.1 update is listed as available on the vw site now

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and-drivers/important-information/id-3-software-update

I don’t see anything on the Irish site yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I think so. Not aware of a website to view the data.

Yea, the Nissan app has alot more data alright. This is the first drop of the VW app so I expect they will add more features as they roll out their software updates.

We have already seen some updates to the app as a result of the update to the 2.0 software.... more will come. The important functions are there like SoC and ability to stop/start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just back from Kilkenny. 168km total distance (average speed of 68km/h and I was 18.7kWh/100km usage. About 60-70km was motorway.

Had the car preheated to 20.5C before leaving and it was 5C leaving, 7C in Kilkenny and up to 9C by the time I got home. Air con on auto all the way and left at 20.5C, had both seat heats on as well.

Think that's pretty good overall. Also nice to have plenty of power when overtaking on N roads when you don't get many chances to actually do it.

Edit: cars at 44% now so the trip used 56%.

The 2.1 update is listed as available on the vw site now

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and-drivers/important-information/id-3-software-update

I don’t see anything on the Irish site yet

Just got an email from VW Ireland saying its ready here too. Ireland website has the same link/info.

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/owners-and-users/software-update.html

So, 2.1 rollout is ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

KCross wrote: »
    Just got an email from VW Ireland saying its ready here too. Ireland website has the same link/info.

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/owners-and-users/software-update.html

So, 2.1 rollout is ready to go.

Same here. Hopefully I don’t have to go chasing for an appointment.

I’ve had very few issues so far but it has been getting more temperamental the last few weeks with losing online connection which seems to block the gps and some of the driving assists. Each time it has eventually come back itself without having to pull fuses

Got the same email here too.

Battery Life tells me that it's available from March 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭MarkN

Interesting that it’s online. Spoke to VW this week about the update for the ID3 I have and as it has the 2.0 they didn’t think there would be any difference as it has wireless CarPlay etc already

Will try again and see if it’s possible before I’m due to give it back.

MarkN wrote: »
    Interesting that it’s online. Spoke to VW this week about the update for the ID3 I have and as it has the 2.0 they didn’t think there would be any difference as it has wireless CarPlay etc already

Ah Nobby Tis yourself! I really like the living with ev series on your YouTube.I think it’s just adding the ability to do OTA updates but in theory the rest of the functionality is there now.

There’s also an issue with carplay not working on cars built Dec/Jan, but it’s unclear whether this will be a separate update or included with 2.1. I guess once she has OTA a lot of bug fixes are possible then

I’d say it will look/feel much the same as what you have but it will fix a few bugs, in particular the charging timers which are fairly important tbh. They don’t work properly/reliably on the 2.0 version.

We are all hoping it will make some changes to how the battery heating works too but that’s wishful thinking. I would still push to get it before you send it back just to see if it makes any difference and it will keep your series current as all new IDs(3 and 4 ) will have 2.1 from now on.

VW Ireland told my dealer yesterday that they can start to apply the 2.1 update from the middle of next week. I was offered Thursday if I wanted to get it done.

I'm supposed to take delivery today. I wanted to hold off and take the car with 2.1 installed, but thought it was unfair to leave the dealer holding the bag for the VAT increase. It'll only cost me a tenner in extra motor tax to cover February, and the dealer has been good to deal with in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

VW Ireland told my dealer yesterday that they can start to apply the 2.1 update from the middle of next week. I was offered Thursday if I wanted to get it done.

I'm supposed to take delivery today. I wanted to hold off and take the car with 2.1 installed, but thought it was unfair to leave the dealer holding the bag for the VAT increase. It'll only cost me a tenner in extra motor tax to cover February, and the dealer has been good to deal with in fairness.

it'll likely have 2.0 so not really that much difference & sometimes 1 day can turn into 5 when trying to apply new software (which i found out); book it in for mid-march and enjoy the new motor!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

How many ID3 are on the road in Ireland now?

Regarding the keys for the car, I noticed the red LED on them are blinking like mad when I take them out (my car is right beside the front door). Is this a normal VW thing?
    I keep them in signal blocking pouches anyway so hopefully they're not keeping the car awake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

lafors wrote: »

Regarding the keys for the car, I noticed the red LED on them are blinking like mad when I take them out (my car is right beside the front door). Is this a normal VW thing?
    I keep them in signal blocking pouches anyway so hopefully they're not keeping the car awake.

there is a spreadsheet earlier in this thread showing the up-take in ireland.

Red flickers means its in contact with the car - i keep mine out of range as some have suggested it is 1 of the causes for the 12v battery issue & worry that when in range then someone can open the doors...

Best wishes with whatever you decide. If it was me I wouldn't be able to wait.

Anyway it's nice to be able to visit the garage again in a week or so, it's great to get out on a trip (Even to dealer:)) atm..

Just spoke with my dealer and he said that the software update only came in this morning and he can book me in from Monday.
    Said it takes 5-6 hours, but no-one really knows until it gets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

648 including last year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

L-M wrote: »
    648 including last year

Just wondering how many people they have to contact to do the upgrade? I presume they will contact everyone??

Just been doing short trips to shops, parks, etc. this week, really enjoying driving it. Much brighter and airier than the Ioniq was inside.
    The extra power is great too, in the Ioniq it was great to have that extra confidence over our petrol kodiaq when it came to getting out into traffic or overtaking, this is like the same again over the Ioniq and no wheelspin :D the Ioniq was wheelspin city :)

Still getting use to the length of the front, I thought I had parallel parked right up to a car in front the other day and still had about 3ft of a gap :) the raked windscreen and short bonnet are taking a while to get use to.

Just wondering how many people they have to contact to do the upgrade? I presume they will contact everyone??

Just been doing short trips to shops, parks, etc. this week, really enjoying driving it. Much brighter and airier than the Ioniq was inside.
    The extra power is great too, in the Ioniq it was great to have that extra confidence over our petrol kodiaq when it came to getting out into traffic or overtaking, this is like the same again over the Ioniq and no wheelspin :D the Ioniq was wheelspin city :)

Still getting use to the length of the front, I thought I had parallel parked right up to a car in front the other day and still had about 3ft of a gap :) the raked windscreen and short bonnet are taking a while to get use to.

My dealer(Waterford) sold very few initially, not sure about the last few months though. I would imagine it won't take them long to get through the updates. Will probably give them a call next week.

Yes, the ID.3 is a very easy car to park, can manage tight spots easily with the good lock.
    I drive mainly my ID.3, but sometimes our Ioniq. Like the two of them but the Ioniq does feel a bit dated in comparison. Particularly all the button pressing and beeps..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Meanwhile in Zwickau

https://www.electrive.com/2021/02/25/volkswagen-to-introduce-third-shift-in-zwickau-plant/

1400 vehicles per day, up from 800 currently

VW must be very confident about the ID.3 and other MEB car sales, looks like they'll have no trouble getting to 1 million cars per year by 2025

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Haven’t they sold the MEB to Ford now as well

Yep, and Ford are putting out artists impressions on what they're going to do with it.

Edit... nicked from elsewhere on the forum. https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/354315/ford-fiesta-plant-build-new-mini-mustang-mach-e-electric-car-2023

• Advertisement

Ford are going to use it alright but I would have assumed they would buy the MEB platform (chassis, motor, battery) into their factories and integrate into their cars as opposed to VW building Ford cars in Zwickau?

Do VAG build cars for other OEM's already... like a VW and, say, a Mazda coming down the one line?

Advertisement