Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

I wonder will revenue do some kind of clause on this. For Tesla I don’t believe VRT is charged on the inactive features and you’re obviously free to activate after car registration. At which point you’d only be paying activation fee plus vat and not any back charges on vrt. Guess it’s the same as fitting alloy wheels later in a cars life.
    doubt it matters for an id3 which is under the cutoff point but imagine getting an e-tron with nothing enabled and then paying for them afterward or paying a monthly contribution for what is eseentially a "service" and as such not subjuect to VRT on which a registration tax is payable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 richardob50

doubt it matters for an id3 which is under the cutoff point but imagine getting an e-tron with nothing enabled and then paying for them afterward or paying a monthly contribution for what is eseentially a "service" and as such not subjuect to VRT on which a registration tax is payable.

Like I think on the Tesla they have a Bose sound system partially disabled. It’s an interesting one

Is there any indication what functions will be for sale via the we shop? I assume a data plan for the lte connection but what else

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Is there any indication what functions will be for sale via the we shop? I assume a data plan for the lte connection but what else

Thinking the same thing - not like they could 'enable' side assist or a 77KW battery for the 1st editions..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I suspect it's mostly around the connected services where there will be add-ons

I know Chris from Battery Life asked if it's possible to add travel assist to his 1st Plus but VW said there's hardware missing for that feature

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

I suspect it's mostly around the connected services where there will be add-ons

I know Chris from Battery Life asked if it's possible to add travel assist to his 1st Plus but VW said there's hardware missing for that feature

Maybe they’ll sell wallpapers for the infotainment background and options for the pedestrian sound thing like mr t saying “outta ma way fooollll”...that type of thing ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

So, got the 2.1 update today. System is much more responsive and boots up much faster.

I'm kind of disappointed in the Android Auto as I had hoped for a lot more Apps in it.

Still no Internet radio as the data is not available until a future update. I'll have a much more in depth look in to it tomorrow
    Dealer got the car at 9.00am and when I phoned at 5.45 they tell me that it's just finished and he's putting it on charge. Then he says that they're closing at 6pm, but if I head up they'll wait a few minutes extra for me. Big bloody deal.... he was supposed to call me instead and as usual they never have a loaner to give you unless you book it 3 weeks in advance. Would have left me without it until tomorrow,and me in work at 6.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭hold my beer

rx8 wrote: »
    So, got the 2.1 update today. System is much more responsive and boots up much faster.

I'm kind of disappointed in the Android Auto as I had hoped for a lot more Apps in it.

Still no Internet radio as the data is not available until a future update. I'll have a much more in depth look in to it tomorrow
    Dealer got the car at 9.00am and when I phoned at 5.45 they tell me that it's just finished and he's putting it on charge. Then he says that they're closing at 6pm, but if I head up they'll wait a few minutes extra for me. Big bloody deal.... he was supposed to call me instead and as usual they never have a loaner to give you unless you book it 3 weeks in advance. Would have left me without it until tomorrow,and me in work at 6.30am.

Sorry new to these threads. Is this update giving wireless Android Auto? What apps are in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Sorry new to these threads. Is this update giving wireless Android Auto? What apps are in it?

No wireless Android Auto is already on it, well it was on mine and I'm not on 2.1 yet. Works perfectly, no issues with it yet. I'm on a OnePlus 8 pro.

I've heard iPhone has connection issues but I can't verify as I don't connect my work iPhone to it. Must actually try.
    Wonder can I have my android phone on Android Auto and iPhone on Bluetooth??

lafors wrote: »
    No wireless Android Auto is already on it, well it was on mine and I'm not on 2.1 yet. Works perfectly, no issues with it yet. I'm on a OnePlus 8 pro.

I've heard iPhone has connection issues but I can't verify as I don't connect my work iPhone to it. Must actually try.
    Wonder can I have my android phone on Android Auto and iPhone on Bluetooth??

Android Auto wasn't previously on mine, as it was one of the first delivered in the country and was on the original 0564 software. It's on the new 2.0 and 2.1 software. Works wirelessly very well. I thought it would have more apps on it. Has maps, calendar,Spotify, etc. I thought it would have WhatsApp and maybe Internet access but no.

Preconditioning worked well this morning. I tried the navigate to charger aswell, but because the range on the car was almost 300kms, it was able to do Cork or Derry without stopping to charge. I'll try it again when the battery goes down a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Android Auto wasn't previously on mine, as it was one of the first delivered in the country and was on the original 0564 software. It's on the new 2.0 and 2.1 software. Works wirelessly very well. I thought it would have more apps on it. Has maps, calendar,Spotify, etc. I thought it would have WhatsApp and maybe Internet access but no.

Preconditioning worked well this morning. I tried the navigate to charger aswell, but because the range on the car was almost 300kms, it was able to do Cork or Derry without stopping to charge. I'll try it again when the battery goes down a bit.
    No WhatsApp? This is bizarre. This is one of apps I used a lot in the golf.

No WhatsApp? This is bizarre. This is one of apps I used a lot in the golf.

Yeah, disappointed it's not on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Covid possibly not helpful with courtesy cars :(

Theyve to prep the cars in a way that minimises Covid risk in between each user.

Staffing may be insufficient.

This being said - getting a courtesy loaner is much harder then it should be imo even if no Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

So, got the 2.1 update today.

Does it show as 0794?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Apple car play has WhatsApp, all working well (I have 2.0 update). Just occasionally get a black screen if going out of screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Yeah, disappointed it's not on it.

Did some digging, this might help:
    Anyways, found a solution that works for me ...........turn off pop up notifications in the WhatsApp setting on your phone....now all is good in Android Auto....screen notification of new message...can be read out and replied to by voice. :-)

KCross wrote: »
    Does it show as 0794?

It's 0792

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Has anyone spotted the camera watching the driver yet? :p

Has anyone spotted the camera watching the driver yet? :p

No, not yet..:).

When I do there will probably be a piece of black tape going over it, like the cameras on my laptops.

BTW hope car is going well for you, best wishes with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

eagerv wrote: »
    No, not yet..:).

When I do there will probably be a piece of black tape going over it, like the cameras on my laptops.

BTW hope car is going well for you, best wishes with it..

Bottom left of the steering wheel screen.;)

• Advertisement

Bottom left of the steering wheel screen.;)

It is a camera or motion sensor? I think it's for detecting if the driver falls asleep

I wish VW would implement a sentry mode like Tesla, it's a great deterrent for stop people messing with the car

If it is a camera watching the driver seat that'd be perfect for getting a good look at anyone who decided to let themselves into your car

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Has anyone got the official mudflaps for the ID3? Seriously considering getting them and having VW install them. Look to be €214.

I also see they have a a Nextbase dashcam for €399.

Link here

https://www.wexfordvolkswagen.ie/en/parts

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Has anyone got the official mudflaps for the ID3? Seriously considering getting them and having VW install them. Look to be €214.

Link here

I have them fitted to mine. Very discreet, you wouldnt really notice they’re there. Also have those rubbery floor mats. Only have the car 2 weeks and it’s already saved the car from a dropped fruit shoot bottle!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have them fitted to mine. Very discreet, you would t really notice they’re there. Also have those rubbery floor mats. Only have the car 2 weeks and it’s already saved the car from a dropped fruit shoot bottle!

I think I'll get the mudflaps because I'm noticing a lot of road dirt on the rear bumper so might help keep some of that off the car.

Am going to get the rubber mats before next winter. The normal ones will do for the Spring/Summer.

I think I'll get the mudflaps because I'm noticing a lot of road dirt on the rear bumper so might help keep some of that off the car.

Am going to get the rubber mats before next winter. The normal ones will do for the Spring/Summer.

Yep not a bad shout, seems to keep majority of road crap off the reversing sensors and camera

Link here

My experience with mud flaps on previous cars is that it doesn't make that much difference to the back of the car. Most of that is sucked back up due to aerodynamics. They do help keeping a bit of dirt/tar off side though.
    Not sure I would pay €214 for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

is anybody loving this car so far?

Strange question, but yes..:)

Easier question might be if anyone isn't loving the car, most people seem happy so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

eagerv wrote: »
    Strange question, but yes..:)

No, I'm very interested, but have noticed that after a lot of enthusiasm pre arrival, I hadn't seen any great love for the car being reported after purchase. Just wondering how people really feel about it. Not whether there's anything wrong with it, but do you love it, are you happy with it.
    Very relevant for a prospective buyer.

Advertisement