Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

I should say I have a 1st base and all previous charging sessions haven’t appeared in the app. Is the appearance of this latest charging session in the app significant I wonder. Perhaps they have started charging to the We Charge card?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

heron_joe wrote: »
    I should say I have a 1st base and all previous charging sessions haven’t appeared in the app. Is the appearance of this latest charging session in the app significant I wonder. Perhaps they have started charging to the We Charge card?

I’ve seen nothing and I charged yesterday and today. So the same as always for me. Well see if they start tracking it or not. Don’t think I’ll use the free credit at all.

Out of curiosity, I attempted to use the card on the older 50 kw chargers and it didn’t seem to work/ couldn’t get it to read. Anyone else seeing that? I know it works on the one newer one I had to use, but the older ones forced me to use the esb account.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

heron_joe wrote: »

ESB we always a bit hit and miss with charging external charging providers. I still haven't been charged for a couple of sessions last year

You'd wonder how they plan on making money carrying on like that

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭McGiver

I should point out that I was driving a diesel forklift that was one pedal drive long before EVs started implementing it
    Interesting! Didn't know.
    I do wish they'd made it an option on the ID cars. I get they want to make life easier for ICE drivers, but I feel like more regen is similar to a manual car which is more popular in Europe anyway
    That's exactly what I think is happening.
    I don't blame them - they wanted to make an EV version of the Golf for masses. They seem to be executing it very well. The car is selling like hot cakes. ID4, Seat El Born, Skoda Enyaq will too.

But as I said, if they were smarter, they'd have made the ICE-like regen the default and one pedal driving an option. After all they claim to be competing with Tesla and Tesla has this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Dropped off my car at the dealership. Took 1.5h to get a replacement car as L insurance has some ancient IT system. After couple of calls got a quote for €37.5 to temp switch from ID.3 to 1l polo. Apparently you go from engine size 0 to 999cc. Told VW I'm not paying it and there's no charge if get an EV for replacement. After some discussion they give me the polo on their insurance for 2 days. God, this polo is asthmatic compare to ID.3.. aslo parked next to white ID.4 and the new fast charger at the dealership. ID.4 is bigger than ID.3 but not overwhelming so. There was another dark grey ID.4 knocking around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Dropped off my car at the dealership. Took 1.5h to get a replacement car as L insurance has some ancient IT system. After couple of calls got a quote for €37.5 to temp switch from ID.3 to 1l polo. Apparently you go from engine size 0 to 999cc. Told VW I'm not paying it and there's no charge if get an EV for replacement. After some discussion they give me the polo on their insurance for 2 days. God, this polo is asthmatic compare to ID.3.. aslo parked next to white ID.4 and the new fast charger at the dealership. ID.4 is bigger than ID.3 but not overwhelming so. There was another dark grey ID.4 knocking around.

HaHa snap, size difference more apparent from front.

547067.jpg

You're probably going to spend the next 2 days trying to remember how the clutch pedal works :)

Probably worth remembering the ID.3 is a fairly big car for it's class, the height combined with the short bonnet give it a fairly 'filled out' shape. So even though the ID.4 isn't much bigger it seems a lot more imposing when compared to something like a Golf or even a Tiguan

You're probably going to spend the next 2 days trying to remember how the clutch pedal works :)

Probably worth remembering the ID.3 is a fairly big car for it's class, the height combined with the short bonnet give it a fairly 'filled out' shape. So even though the ID.4 isn't much bigger it seems a lot more imposing when compared to something like a Golf or even a Tiguan

For sure, if you put a golf next to the id3, it would be like steps of the stairs. ID4, ID3, golf.

For sure, if you put a golf next to the id3, it would be like steps of the stairs. ID4, ID3, golf.

Actually there was golf 7 parked next to me while I was arguing about the insurance. Should've taken a picture...

Well, I managed not to stall leaving the dealership which is good since I was driving automatic full time for the last 3 years. I did stall however on my driveway in front if the neighbours. Forgot to take it ouf the gear after pulling the handbrake. Alien stuff...

• Advertisement

Also why polo has the key at 90 degrees to the golf one? This does my head in after driving golf for 6 years and not able to stick the key into ignition in Polo. (Golf key is on the left)

Also why polo has the key at 90 degrees to the golf one? This does my head in after driving golf for 6 years and not able to stick the key into ignition in Polo. (Golf key is on the left)

Maybe, when the key is folded in, it doesn't intrude as far into the body, leaving more room for the electrics, a simpler i.e. cheaper and more robust construction.

They gave me a new t-cross with the same key as the polo. It felt like I was stepping back in time. It felt like the 15 year old polo I was driving last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Can someone confirm if the ID.3 first edition comes with an anti theft alarm?

I'm trying to figure out if the ID.4 will come with one as it's not mentioned in the brochure, but seems strange that a car would be sold without an alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

cannco253 wrote: »
    Can someone confirm if the ID.3 first edition comes with an anti theft alarm?

I'm trying to figure out if the ID.4 will come with one as it's not mentioned in the brochure, but seems strange that a car would be sold without an alarm?

It doesn’t have a alarm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So what are ye guys getting real world range with the 58kWh model?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

slave1 wrote: »
    So what are ye guys getting real world range with the 58kWh model?

250-300km max. Should improve now with the warmer weather.

Well, the update was successful but they burnt the control module for the screen. Nice one VW. Apparently the part is in stock I'm the UK and ETD is Friday. Yep, I believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well, update was successful but they burnt the control module for the screen. Nice one VW. Apparently the part is in stock I'm the UK and ETD is Friday. Yep, I believe it when I see it.

How did they manage they?

TitianGerm wrote: »

No idea. Now they are looking into getting me an automatic car.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No idea. Now they are looking into getting me an automatic car.

Is the Dealers ID4 floating around ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Well, the update was successful but they burnt the control module for the screen. Nice one VW. Apparently the part is in stock I'm the UK and ETD is Friday. Yep, I believe it when I see it.

Hope their delivery from the UK is a bit faster than my replacement Zappi from Myenergia. 4 weeks this Thursday and still none the wiser..UPS just saying it's outside their control, Brexit problems..

TitianGerm wrote: »

I was wondering that myself, probably corrupted the firmware and fixing it is outside the dealership's abilities

I was peed off when I was told they need to keep mine until Thursday to do a test drive following the update. Hope they sort it all out and don't keep you waiting too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

First faults appeared today. All I did was send a destination to the car from the app, just to try it out. It worked, but the car had a wobbly. I left it for 40 minutes, and when I came back to it, everything was fine again.

I got the car with 2.0 on it and it has been fault free up to now. Today the dash was lit up like a Christmas tree. Airbag fault, Safelock fault, ACC not available and some lights that weren't specific, like an orange triangle with an exclamation mark in it. It's going in for the update on Monday morning.

I wasn't too pushed about getting it updated. Whenever the workshop was quiet was good enough for me. Now it's different. :D

I was peed off when I was told they need to keep mine until Thursday to do a test drive following the update. Hope they sort it all out and don't keep you waiting too long.

Friday the earliest, realistically Monday

Is it standard for them to take it home for an overnight a test drive after the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

does the app let you track the car? i've played with it a few times and it always gives the phones location and not the cars.. read a few places that it should be where the car is located but doesn't seem to be or maybe my app is wonky? any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 richardob50

does the app let you track the car? i've played with it a few times and it always gives the phones location and not the cars.. read a few places that it should be where the car is located but doesn't seem to be or maybe my app is wonky? any ideas?

It's just a navigation planner as far I can tell. Handy for looking up an eircode on it and sending the eircode location to the car's sat nav

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is losing your ability to drive a manual anything to be concerned about with an EV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Gael23 wrote: »
    Is losing your ability to drive a manual anything to be concerned about with an EV?

In short no. I drove an automatic for 10+ years and was able to get back in to a manual pretty much straight away. It just takes a few minutes to get reacquainted with everything. Like you probably will stall once or twice, but once you’ve learned it’s not hard to return to it.

Advertisement