Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

Ok just called VW Carlow, the sales man said 38-40 K for the absolute basic and probably deliveries start around 2021 in Ireland , unbelievable I thought it would be available a lot sooner.

Where's the 30 K car ? ok I suppose you have that God Damned poxy VRT + extra VAT, ridiculous country this but not a hope would I pay 40 K for that.

I'll stick to the i3 or get a 2nd hand S 44 Kwh. Don't think I could give up the fun of the i3 to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,163 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The first is being delivered in 2020 and the 38k is the entry 1st. Call another garage and you'll get a different answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Ok just called VW Carlow, the sales man said 38-40 K for the absolute basic and probably deliveries start around 2021 in Ireland , unbelievable I thought it would be available a lot sooner.
    That is for non-1st models right? 1st models are due mid 2020 and only one spec level AFAIK

Edit: @drunkmoney beat me to it!

The first is being delivered in 2020 and the 38k is the entry 1st. Call another garage and you'll get a different answer.
    tw0nk wrote: »
    That is for non-1st models right? 1st models are due mid 2020 and only one spec level AFAIK

Edit: @drunkmoney beat me to it!

I suppose it's all a bit sketchy, they admitted they didn't have a lot of info.

so perhaps The "basis" basic comes after which will be cheaper and just seats and steering, traditional VW style ?

I think public money should stop because car companies are milking the tax payer, stop the public money and they will have to drop the prices , stricter emissions regulations won't make them stop making electrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

Surely it's with the grants. There was a calculation done based on the 40k price in Germany couple of pages back

<€40k NET of Irish gov incentives!

• Advertisement

<€40k NET of Irish gov incentives!

I can’t see the financial savings in buying this car over a high specked diesel golf! tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I can’t see the financial savings in buying this car over a high specked diesel golf! tbh.

My alternative to this is a top spec Corolla hybrid. Fully loaded it comes to about 33k list and for cash I could probably get a few quid off. It’s not an electric car but much more efficient than what I’ve got and the 10k difference would keep me in petrol for over 10 years at current prices

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

If you do high mileage the savings will be significant.

All of the extra purchase cost of an EV is not immediately lost when you drive out the door. It will retain/lose that value the same as any other car.

My alternative to this is a top spec Corolla hybrid. Fully loaded it comes to about 33k list and for cash I could probably get a few quid off. It’s not an electric car but much more efficient than what I’ve got and the 10k difference would keep me in petrol for over 10 years at current prices

The ID.3 would be much more fun to drive though.

If you dont care about that kind of thing just wait for the <€30k entry level model.

Price aside, the id.3 would be a lot better to drive, I would guarantee it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I agree on the fun factor. I’ll have to see how much fun I can afford when the final price is available

Before the price drop an egolf exec with metallic paint and whatever pack was on offer came to about 43k. I had (probably) wrongly assumed the new electric platform and more efficient production would see the ID come in for a bit less

“Price aside” I’d buy a Veyron :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

https://youtu.be/t3oFbhKF2-Y

Makes the Golf being built beside it look old ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

noelf wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/t3oFbhKF2-Y

Makes the Golf being built beside it look old ..

All I can think of when I see the size of that factory is what a great place to camp out in if "The Walking dead" did actually happen :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I seen video from Germany on the “hello ID”

Finally a car with some AI

KCross wrote: »

All of the extra purchase cost of an EV is not immediately lost when you drive out the door. It will retain/lose that value the same as any other car.

I do 30k a yr. costs about €8,000 in diesel over 3yrs. High spec diesel golf €32k = €40k

Charging ID3 I’m thinking will cost €2,000 over 3yrs. Lower spec ID3 €40k = €42k

Where’s the saving?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I see the 1st Edition Plus has Matrix LED Headlights, does that mean that the basic one doesnt have LED lights?

KCross wrote: »

I do 30k a yr. costs about €8,000 in diesel over 3yrs. High spec diesel golf €32k = €40k

Charging ID3 I’m thinking will cost €2,000 over 3yrs. Lower spec ID3 €40k = €42k

Where’s the saving?

What's a high spec diesel golf ? does it have DSG and 2 litre 200 Hp ?

Close enough, can easily tune it to more https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-gtd-2-0-tdi-automatic-184bhp/22554110

• Registered Users Posts: 28,022 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads could you fix the quotes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭Ryath

Dempsey wrote: »
    I see the 1st Edition Plus has Matrix LED Headlights, does that mean that the basic one doesnt have LED lights?

Basic has LED's front and rear. The Matrix LED's are fancier ones that can turn on and off different parts of the beam depending on where others car lights are.

audi-matrix-led-headlights-comparison.jpg

• Advertisement

Most golfs sold in Ireland at the moment aren’t auto 2lt 200hp. Trim level spec on the high line I have better than the €50k ID3 on offer imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Ryath wrote: »
    Basic has LED's front and rear. The Matrix LED's are fancier ones that can turn on and off different parts of the beam depending on where others car lights are.

audi-matrix-led-headlights-comparison.jpg

Flipping hell ... that’s a bloody impressive system.

I was actually blown away with the led High beams on the 44 Kwh i3, never say lights on a car so bright !

Trim level spec on the high line I have better than the €50k ID3 on offer imo.

What's yours got it hasn't? The max would be a way higher specification than a today's highline.

What's yours got it hasn't? The max would be a way higher specification than a today's highline.

Well the €40k is really €50 before government incentives, how much will the max be? I don’t see leather, camera, self park plus a lot more, for roughly €32k. What’s in the max worth €25k more?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Well the €40k is really €50 before government incentives, how much will the max be? I don’t see leather, camera, self park plus a lot more, for roughly €32k. What’s in the max worth €25k more?

The Max is <50k before incentives in Germany. There's also a 46k and a 40k.

The base 1st edition is €40k here after incentives so I’m thinking the max will be at least mid to high €40k zone. It just doesn't seem to me to be a cost matching never mind a cost saving alternative to the golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,319 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Dempsey wrote: »

There's almost zero status owning a Golf (or ID.3) imho :)

(and I'm a reservation holder)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sk8board

People need to stop saying ‘in Germany’ when talking about the ID prices. It’s like saying the model 3 is from $35k ‘in america’.
    It will have very little bearing on Irish pricing, bar the absolute certainty that it will be more expensive that it is ‘in germany’.

Advertisement