Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That's VW specs for ya, steel wheels, no parking sensors, reversing cameras etc in 2021

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I'll get them out alright but I'm now learning that the cars that don't have rear speakers, including my tour 5 don't even have wiring for them.

Wow, that's serious penny pinching considering the cost of the cars that's not even funny.

You really can't make it up, the tour 4 has the rear speakers but the tour 5 doesn't, 42 K for a car you could say and they don't even put in 2 rear speakers which might save them 10 euro's!!!!

My Tour has the 6 speaker system. What does it say about speakers on the spec sheet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

eagerv wrote: »
    Cheers, funny the way one finds new features, thought I knew them all at this stage.:).

Mine definitely doesn't change colours between drive modes. Not too worried..

Discovered mine does change colours between modes, if you click the Auto button.

My Tour has the 6 speaker system. What does it say about speakers on the spec sheet?

Doesn't say anything but says 2 additional speakers for the tour and nothing for the tour 5 which is additional to business spec which you have to go to the tech spec and max to get rear door speakers, unbelievable.

Lol it's wouldn't surprise me if there's wind up windows in the back when I get it!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Is someone here in Santry,(near the No.1 terminus) with the new ID3 and ID4 in the driveway as of today... looking very well. Enjoy your new EV journey.

Lol it's wouldn't surprise me if there's wind up windows in the back when I get it!!! :D

Surely you noticed there are only 2 electric window switches at the drivers door? That's to remind you of the i3...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Lol, I'm only learning now that the id.3 doesn't have rear door speakers as standard ?wtf this is 2021, 1st doesn't have them only 1st max

It is tight on the part of VW not to include them. But why do you need rear speakers? When I upgrade the front I normally disconnect the rears anyway, sounds better from the drivers seat.

Or is it for the rear passengers sake?

Mr Q wrote: »
    It is tight on the part of VW not to include them. But why do you need rear speakers? When I upgrade the front I normally disconnect the rears anyway, sounds better from the drivers seat.

Or is it for the rear passengers sake?

Helps with output,

Shouldn't make the sound better disconnecting the front unless someone wired them out of phase.

I bet the Amplifier in all id.3s has output for the 4 speakers, it's a joke. That's really miserable of VW.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

What's also miserable is Connollys VW in Letterkenny refusing extended test drives.

• Advertisement

DrPhilG wrote: »
    What's also miserable is Connollys VW in Letterkenny refusing extended test drives.

What's extended ?

I got an hour or just over lol.

See unlike the days of the Leaf, they don't really have to sell the cars, they're in much higher demand so they're not interested in letting people have extended test drives and to be honest there's probably much more people looking for test drives than back in the day when the Leaf was the only real option.

I've had 2 Leafs and an i3 over the years for a 24 hour test drive. VW is the first place I've asked and been refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I've had 2 Leafs and an i3 over the years for a 24 hour test drive. VW is the first place I've asked and been refused.

Covid wins again :(

I finally got a minute to drive an ID.4 today, had asked a few times but got told no because of restrictions

Still, it was worth the wait, much smoother drive than the Leaf although I found the Auto Hold a bit tricky to get used to and the car jumped off the line a couple of times

It's a bit of a bigger unit as well, parking will be interesting :o

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Covid isn't my issue, they just don't allow longer test drives because its the only one they have in stock.

A bit ridiculous, I was only looking to collect at 5pm today and return at 11am tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Covid isn't my issue, they just don't allow longer test drives because its the only one they have in stock.

A bit ridiculous, I was only looking to collect at 5pm today and return at 11am tomorrow.

Would they be more likely to give it to you on a Saturday evening if you dropped back at 9am on the Monday?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Would they be more likely to give it to you on a Saturday evening if you dropped back at 9am on the Monday?

They say they don't do extended tests at all, regardless of the times.

I finally got a minute to drive an ID.4 today, had asked a few times but got told no because of restrictions

Still, it was worth the wait, much smoother drive than the Leaf although I found the Auto Hold a bit tricky to get used to and the car jumped off the line a couple of times

It's a bit of a bigger unit as well, parking will be interesting :o

The extended test drives were necessary in the past because people were new to electric cars and were afraid of the low range so the dealers offered extended test drives to allow People to see if the cars were suitable for their needs. Today they sell themselves because a lot more People know People who drive EV + the range is a lot more and anyone who's coming from EV already knows the drill by now and know that the car is suitable or not already.

The extended test drives were necessary in the past because people were new to electric cars and were afraid of the low range so the dealers offered extended test drives to allow People to see if the cars were suitable for their needs. Today they sell themselves because a lot more People know People who drive EV + the range is a lot more and anyone who's coming from EV already knows the drill by now and know that the car is suitable or not already.

True enough, if I were a newbie EV driver I definitely would have been worried since the ID.4 only had 9% when they gave it to me

Still had 40km on the GOM, that's practically a long journey in the Leaf :D

True enough, if I were a newbie EV driver I definitely would have been worried since the ID.4 only had 9% when they gave it to me

Not ideal giving you a car with 9%, due to there being a reduction in the power available. Doesn't give the best driving experience..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

That's piss poor in my opinion. They have chargers on site, there's no excuse. They should have given it to you with 80%.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

That's piss poor in my opinion. They have chargers on site, there's no excuse. They should have given it to you with 80%.

I agree, it's a new car it's not like they don't have the time to charge it up, it's like getting a new car and the fuel light being on, it's only a courtesy!

Hell when I got my car serviced they had it charged for me too.

To be fair to them I didn't pre-book. I was dropping in the wifes car as trade in as the tax was due, and the ID.4 was being cleaned

Maybe they were worried I'd keep it as a hostage until mine arrived :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I test drove an ID3 on Thursday and was told take as long as I wanted, battery was at 80%. Took it out for about 30 mins.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I test drove an ID3 on Thursday and was told take as long as I wanted, battery was at 80%. Took it out for about 30 mins.

Which model? What did you think of it?

Funny as f1ck that, lol, don't think I ever seen anyone write that they just took a test drive and not say what they tought of the car lol. :D

eagerv wrote: »
    Which model? What did you think of it?

A business version. Really liked it and getting a great deal trading in the eGolf. Just to make the man maths work here.

Funny as f1ck that, lol, don't think I ever seen anyone write that they just took a test drive and not say what they tought of the car lol. :D

Hahah, I’ve test drove one before but wasn’t overly impressed.
    Much preferred this one though. Took me a few minutes to figure out how to turn on the air con - wouldn’t work at first for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Orebro

Just shows the sales staff don't give a hoot - not like they're over run with customers in the door that they don't have time to plug the thing in - the demo car should surely be permanently plugged in when not in use.

Hahah, I’ve test drove one before but wasn’t overly impressed.
    Much preferred this one though. Took me a few minutes to figure out how to turn on the air con - wouldn’t work at first for me

Yeah I almost forget, took me way longer than that to figure out how to turn on the AC and it was giving me an error something like this function is not available, can't remember how I turned it on after lol.

So what's was the difference to the id.3 you previously drove to the one you drove the other day ?

• Advertisement

Yeah I almost forget, took me way longer than that to figure out how to turn on the AC and it was giving me an error something like this function is not available, can't remember how I turned it on after lol.

So what's was the difference to the id.3 you previously drove to the one you drove the other day ?

Ah Mad_Lad, the climate couldn't be much simpler, even for a Luddite like me.:)
    Just make sure it's in "Classic", not "Smart". (Cannot see the purpose of Smart)

Drove a Ford the other day, now that was complicated.

Advertisement