Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

eagerv wrote: »
    Ah Mad_Lad, the climate couldn't be much simpler, even for a Luddite like me.:)
    Just make sure it's in "Classic", not "Smart". (Cannot see the purpose of Smart)

Drove a Ford the other day, now that was complicated.

I remember having gone into the climate menu and all that but it was telling me this function wasn't available then I eventually pressed something and it came on now I really thought it was completely unintuitive even for a techie like me, even the voice commands kept telling me this function isn't available, seriously VW! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I remember having gone into the climate menu and all that but it was telling me this function wasn't available then I eventually pressed something and it came on now I really thought it was completely unintuitive even for a techie like me, even the voice commands kept telling me this function isn't available, seriously VW! :D

I think that all comes back to the on/off button on the clima screen. Oddly enough, when the clima is turned on the button is dark. When it's off the button is lit blue.

The reason you were getting the function unavailable message was probably because you had the clima turned off, therefore unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The software might have been having a hissy fit.

I think that all comes back to the on/off button on the clima screen. Oddly enough, when the clima is turned on the button is dark. When it's off the button is lit blue.

The reason you were getting the function unavailable message was probably because you had the clima turned off, therefore unavailable.

That's a bit mad because when you press the temp controls I think it should automatically reactivate it because you're not sliding your fingers across the control to admire it lol.

Especially when you tell it to bloody turn on and it tells you not available Jaysus that's mad. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

It's getting busier in Cork. ID.3 1st owners trying to run down the credit by any means necessary:)
    (I'm going for a drive around cork so decided to charge to 100%. Pulling 17kW at 98%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

It's getting busier in Cork. ID.3 1st owners trying to run down the credit by any means necessary:)
    (I'm going for a drive around cork so decided to charge to 100%. Pulling 17kW at 98%

I am at Gorey Ionity atm only pulling about 50kW. Arrived with over 20% but not in a hurry.
    Lonely place though. Have used now probably 20 times and have yet to meet anyone else. Not even the excitement of being iced due to loads of parking

I am at Gorey Ionity atm only pulling about 50kW. Arrived with over 20% but not in a hurry.
    Lonely place though. Have used now probably 20 times and have yet to meet anyone else. Not even the excitement of being iced due to loads of parking

Be nice if you could get the app Bjorn uses to check battery temp/battery heater.

Should be pulling a fair bit more power but the battery is probably too cold.

I wish VW would implement a "heat battery now" function or "heat battery for charging". But I am probably 99.9% sure they won't do this, even something like have it preheat when the sat nav knows it's heading to a fast charger.

I can only imagine the battery heating in the minds of VW techs is just there to provide max acceleration and regen power, nothing more, I certainly don't think they even considered the option to preheat the battery prior to fast charging.

Be nice if you could get the app Bjorn uses to check battery temp/battery heater.

Should be pulling a fair bit more power but the battery is probably too cold.

I wish VW would implement a "heat battery now" function or "heat battery for charging". But I am probably 99.9% sure they won't do this, even something like have it preheat when the sat nav knows it's heading to a fast charger.

I can only imagine the battery heating in the minds of VW techs is just there to provide max acceleration and regen power, nothing more, I certainly don't think they even considered the option to preheat the battery prior to fast charging.

It’s normal enough. Battery should b at reasonable temp after driving reasonably fast for about 70km. You need less than 20%battery to get good speeds. I saw probably 60 kW best which is fine.

It’s normal enough. Battery should b at reasonable temp after driving reasonably fast for about 70km. You need less than 20%battery to get good speeds. I saw probably 60 kW best which is fine.
    For the 58 Kwh id.3 this is a good indicator as to what power it should be getting at different charge %

But in 13 mins the id.3 58 Kwh got 20 Kwh that's very impressive. Of course the battery needs to be up to temp.

For the 58 Kwh id.3 this is a good indicator as to what power it should be getting at different charge %

But in 13 mins the id.3 58 Kwh got 20 Kwh that's very impressive. Of course the battery needs to be up to temp.

As far as I can see it the most important thing is to get the battery down low, at least below 20% (Which I wasn't today). Even with these warmer temps and warm battery you wont otherwise see much over 50kW on the 58kWh. I was only charging today for about 30 mins, only barely time to queue and drink/eat my coffee and wrap:). I'm sure the 77kWh will be better.

• Advertisement

As far as I can see it the most important thing is to get the battery down low, at least below 20% (Which I wasn't today). Even with these warmer temps and warm battery you wont otherwise see much over 50kW on the 58kWh. I was only charging today for about 30 mins, only barely time to queue and drink/eat my coffee and wrap:). I'm sure the 77kWh will be better.

lol what warmer temps ? :D

Point is that you won't know what the battery temp is until you get the app, hint hint. I'd just like more data until I get my own lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

So am I right in thinking that only the Tour 5 has Area View? And it also doesn't have the HUD?

What a pain in the hole VW are. 7 or so different options.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

So we’ve had a change in direction.

Test drove the ID3 this weekend and it adds up for us. Going to go for tour ( 4 seater) in the basic grey. What do others reckon re white or black interior. I like the white but will it get grubby super quick?

fits wrote: »

Test drove the ID3 this weekend and it adds up for us. Going to go for tour ( 4 seater) in the basic grey. What do others reckon re white or black interior. I like the white but will it get grubby super quick?

Having 2 lads aged 5 and almost 7 there's no way I'd have a bright interior. :eek:

DrPhilG wrote: »
    So am I right in thinking that only the Tour 5 has Area View? And it also doesn't have the HUD?

What a pain in the hole VW are. 7 or so different options.

Yeah but funny enough I'm actually not bothered whether I have HUD or not, I think having things on the windscreen would actually drive me nuts.

Yeah but funny enough I'm actually not bothered whether I have HUD or not, I think having things on the windscreen would actually drive me nuts.

I'd love the HUD, herself would love the Area View.

Given that I do 90% of the driving she can go whistle.

Still not sure if I'm changing though, and if it's for an ID3 or an e-Niro.

Have you driven both yet ?

lol what warmer temps ? :D

Point is that you won't know what the battery temp is until you get the app, hint hint. I'd just like more data until I get my own lol.

12c to me is warmer..:)

I don't give a fiddlers what the battery temp is:P. I have a good idea how long it will take at this stage in most temperatures and driving, so will not be getting the app..:)

Most of my long distance travel is usually not time critical, anyway as R.L. Stephenson said (I think) "It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive"..

12c to me is warmer..:)

I don't give a fiddlers what the battery temp is:P. I have a good idea how long it will take at this stage in most temperatures and driving, so will not be getting the app..:)

Most of my long distance travel is usually not time critical, anyway as R.L. Stephenson said (I think) "It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive"..

Fair enough but I would love if the ID.3 could charge at max rate by giving the option to heat the battery when and if the driver wants to maximise charger power, seems a waste to have the hardware and not use it to it's full potential. But perhaps they will do something with software updates.

Having 2 lads aged 5 and almost 7 there's no way I'd have a bright interior. :eek:

They’ll hardly be driving it 😀

• Advertisement

What does Area view do?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Every video I've seen about the white interior complains about how difficult it is to keep clean

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

They’ll hardly be driving it 😀

Let's hope they can't reach the pedals, that's about the only thing stopping them since the car is a doddle to drive :)

Have you driven both yet ?

Haven't driven the VW yet thanks to their less than helpful staff. I'll try the folks in Derry and see what I can get.

Drive an e-Niro a year back but just a 5 minute run. Another 10 minutes in my friends new car a few weeks back.

What does Area view do?

It's a birds eye view 360° parking camera. Like the Leaf has.

Every video I've seen about the white interior complains about how difficult it is to keep clean

I’ve only seen this one. https://youtu.be/qgbol2B2Y1g Which is favourable.

Seems to be issues with the piano black areas on doors and centre area scratching though ...

It's a birds eye view 360° parking camera. Like the Leaf has.

Our current cars barely have parking sensors so we will be grand I think.

They’ll hardly be driving it ��

Lol no but they can destroy anything in minutes :D

Our current cars barely have parking sensors so we will be grand I think.

I spoiled her when we had the Leaf as it had them, she was gutted when the i3 didn't.

• Advertisement

I’ve only seen this one. https://youtu.be/qgbol2B2Y1g Which is favourable.

Seems to be issues with the piano black areas on doors and centre area scratching though ...

Yeah those piano black surfaces seem to be getting more popular, and of course they're in areas where you'd typically rest your hands

I wonder can they be wrapped with something with a matte finish...

Advertisement