Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

DrPhilG wrote: »
    It's a birds eye view 360° parking camera. Like the Leaf has.

I don't even have a reversing camera in my Base 1st, have got used to it and don't miss it now:).
    The vis is good with large back windows, camera not as critical as say an Ioniq which has poorer side back view.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

eagerv wrote: »
    I don't even have a reversing camera in my Base 1st, have got used to it and don't miss it now:).
    The vis is good with large back windows, camera not as critical as say an Ioniq which has poorer side back view.

My wife would struggle to park a mini in an empty car park...

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

Haven't driven the VW yet thanks to their less than helpful staff. I'll try the folks in Derry and see what I can get.

Drive an e-Niro a year back but just a 5 minute run. Another 10 minutes in my friends new car a few weeks back.

You could try s&r in donegal town, pretty accommodating. I just turned up and got a good test drive. We bought the id3 there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Yeah I almost forget, took me way longer than that to figure out how to turn on the AC and it was giving me an error something like this function is not available, can't remember how I turned it on after lol.

So what's was the difference to the id.3 you previously drove to the one you drove the other day ?

Yupp exact same here. I was trying to turn it on because sun was shining and inside the car was extremely warm. Kept getting the error.

Patmwgs wrote: »
    You could try s&r in donegal town, pretty accommodating. I just turned up and got a good test drive. We bought the id3 there.

They're an hour away though, not really convenient!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Yeah those piano black surfaces seem to be getting more popular, and of course they're in areas where you'd typically rest your hands

I wonder can they be wrapped with something with a matte finish...

Loads of good pictures on the German sites where people have covered them, some with vinyl and a few with microfleece material, the same stuff as the seats.

The centre console cover seems to come off fairly handily, but the door armrests are a bit harder to remove without damage. Some have had them done by a vinyl wrapping crowd, in place. They look really well when done.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

Loads of good pictures on the German sites where people have covered them, some with vinyl and a few with microfleece material, the same stuff as the seats.

The centre console cover seems to come off fairly handily, but the door armrests are a bit harder to remove without damage. Some have had them done by a vinyl wrapping crowd, in place. They look really well when done.

I did well to keep the piano black scratch free until the software update, it came back with scratches on both front door handles.
    Was actually thinking about micro fibre covers. Would really appreciate a link or screenshot of the above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

heron_joe wrote: »
    I did well to keep the piano black scratch free until the software update, it came back with scratches on both front door handles.
    Was actually thinking about micro fibre covers. Would really appreciate a link or screenshot of the above :)

I'd say my back door ones are in a bad way because the dog puts his front paws up there so he can look out the window when we go anywhere :pac:

heron_joe wrote: »

Just have a scroll through this thread...
    https://www.meinid.com/thread/223-folierung-klavierlack-elemente/?pageNo=1

There's a fella on that forum Rezis (or Recis depending on the translator) and his work on the ID.3 is unbelievable! He's well worth chasing around the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

We are close to ordering a tour but the depreciation on it is a concern. Any ideas how much worse the depreciation will be on it? I don’t have a great back which is the whole reason we are changing and why we were going for the tour over the tour 5. The seats in our old merc C200 kill me. The Q5 seats are fine though.

• Advertisement

fits wrote: »
    We are close to ordering a tour but the depreciation on it is a concern. Any ideas how much worse the depreciation will be on it? I don’t have a great back which is the whole reason we are changing and why we were going for the tour over the tour 5. The seats in our old merc C200 kill me. The Q5 seats are fine though.

Depreciation is always a concern really but are you more concerned that the 4 seater will depreciate more ? and are the seats in the 58 Kwh id3 not supportive enough for you ? if they are then the Tour 5 should be fine.

The GFMV if you can keep the car within the mileage limit should be worth more, if you're much over the limit then it will eat some of the equity but the dealer is only concerned really about getting you into a new car so the mileage isn't a hug deal unless you hand the car back at the end of year 3. The dealer will sell the car anyway, in fact, if the id.3 is in high demand 2nd hand the dealer could call you up in year 2 and get you into another car for the same price you're already paying PM with little to no deposit.

Are you intending to get another new car in 3 years ?

Fellow back sufferer here. I put up a good distance in the ID.3 1st plus when I did test drives, and more recently when I had one as a loaner.

I was concerned at the lack of adjustable lumbar support on the standard seats, and my back was bitching a bit after about 100kms. I ordered the Tour mainly because of the seats and big battery, but also for the other toys. I'm so used to the AR HUD now that I could do without the dashboard screen altogether.

The Ergoactive seats seem to be much better, but the longest run I've done with them is just over 175kms, so I can't vouch for them on a very long run, but looking good so far. They are definitely more comfortable than the standard seats. The massage function is..... words fail me. :D

Thanks that’s really helpful

I didn’t mind the seats in the test drive but I honestly wouldn’t know how back would cope unless I took it for a long spin.

Depreciation is always a concern really but are you more concerned that the 4 seater will depreciate more ? and are the seats in the 58 Kwh id3 not supportive enough for you ? if they are then the Tour 5 should be fine.

The GFMV if you can keep the car within the mileage limit should be worth more, if you're much over the limit then it will eat some of the equity but the dealer is only concerned really about getting you into a new car so the mileage isn't a hug deal unless you hand the car back at the end of year 3. The dealer will sell the car anyway, in fact, if the id.3 is in high demand 2nd hand the dealer could call you up in year 2 and get you into another car for the same price you're already paying PM with little to no deposit.

Are you intending to get another new car in 3 years ?

I’ve heard a few say now that four seater will depreciate more. Not sure what will happen in three years. We normally keep our cars a long time but haven’t bought new before. Or on finance either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I’ve heard a few say now that four seater will depreciate more. Not sure what will happen in three years. We normally keep our cars a long time but haven’t bought new before. Or on finance either.

If you're planning to keep the car for a long time then depreciation isn't really worth getting concerned about. Basically the car is going to be worth a lot less when it comes to selling it

There's a view that the 4 seater Tour is so niche that it'll be unpopular and difficult to sell second hand. I'm not sure how it'll turn out tbh, could see it going either way. The fact that the Tour has some extra goodies for long road trips might help it keep some value

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Hard to know with 4 vs 5 seats but I think the BMW i3 would have sold in a lot higher numbers if it had 5 seats, I've no doubt it effected reslale value. More toys vs 5 seats, I'm sure there will be a market for a longer range ev with 4 seats 2nd hand.

IF you intend to keep the car a long time then remember the GFMV at the end and save up for this to pay it off because chances are you won't get interest at 1.9% to refinance for another 2 years. The first 3 years at 1.9% is nice though.

If you intend to keep it a long time and when the Boys get out of Boosters it might be handy to have a 3rd seat in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Been slowly reading the threads again as I too am getting itchy with trading in the i3.
    I thought the Tour only had 4 seats? its now a 5 seater? The VW page still only lists it as a 4 seater.

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Been slowly reading the threads again as I too am getting itchy with trading in the i3.
    I thought the Tour only had 4 seats? its now a 5 seater? The VW page still only lists it as a 4 seater.

There are both options. Tour is a 4 seat, Tour 5 is a 5 seater I believe.

The first 3 years at 1.9% is nice though.

Thought it was 0.9%?

• Advertisement

And after downloading the brochure I'm like what! at the options. Yes I Don't want Paddy spec but neither do I want a migraine.

What's with the tour 5 being listed as cheaper than a tour 4?
    Has the spec changed drastically?
    Brochure isn't up to date and only shows the tour 4 prices.
    Also the pcp calculator as said previously is still stuck showing pre-grant prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Thought it was 0.9%?

Saw an ad from my local dealer(Waterford) offering 0% on the ID.3.

Is it only certain versions?

Both tour versions will be available at 0% for 212 reg. but it’s not available to sign up just yet.

Thought it was 0.9%?

Was 0.9% on the 1st editions.

Both tour versions will be available at 0% for 212 reg. but it’s not available to sign up just yet.

The dealer didn't tell me that. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was 0.9% on the 1st editions.

No it was 1.9 on the top two specs and 3.9 on the First.

The dealer didn't tell me that. :mad:

I think it was only sent to them on Saturday. he looked it up when I was there and got a jolt when he saw it. But the finance systems don’t have it running yet. Price is gone up slightly for 212 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

Waiting very impatiently at this stage for my Tour (was supposed to be a Tech but dealer ordered wrong car 🀦*♂️) it’s been in the country since 20th of April & signed my finance Tuesday.

I really don’t get how they do be so slow once they get the car it was the same with my eGolf you'd think they’d want rid ASAP rather then having it sit around on their forecourt.

• Advertisement

Price is gone up slightly for 212 as well.

How slight is "slightly"? Enough to defeat the purpose of 1% of finance?

Advertisement