Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

DermoMIO wrote: »
    Waiting very impatiently at this stage for my Tour (was supposed to be a Tech but dealer ordered wrong car 🀦*♂️) it’s been in the country since 20th of April & signed my finance Tuesday.

I really don’t get how they do be so slow once they get the car it was the same with my eGolf you'd think they’d want rid ASAP rather then having it sit around on their forecourt.

Was the Tour much more expensive? I'd hope they're sorting you out on price seeing as the mistake wasn't yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

DrPhilG wrote: »
    How slight is "slightly"? Enough to defeat the purpose of 1% of finance?

Well feel free to look up the new brochure and the previous. I don’t think it’s the full difference no.

DermoMIO wrote: »
    Waiting very impatiently at this stage for my Tour (was supposed to be a Tech but dealer ordered wrong car 🀦*♂️) it’s been in the country since 20th of April & signed my finance Tuesday.

I really don’t get how they do be so slow once they get the car it was the same with my eGolf you'd think they’d want rid ASAP rather then having it sit around on their forecourt.

Will be eager to hear what you think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

I have a tethered Zappi which allows me to charge the car on a timer while VW sort out their in-car timers.

I think I have stumbled upon a work around - if you untick every option apart from the preferred charging times then the car seems to charge immediately upon reaching that time, e.g if you state 00:00 - 08:00 it will charge between those 2 times, rather than trying to guess when to start when you have a departure time set.

It does mean having to go without pre-conditioning but it's getting warmer now so not such a big deal.

This seems to work reliably for me, whereas before sometimes the car wouldn't start to charge or would decide to start charging whenever it thought it needed to in order to reach the stated % charge level.

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

how easy is it to get a test drive? would I have to prebook?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

ewj1978 wrote: »
    how easy is it to get a test drive? would I have to prebook?

I would have thought fairly easy, now that the showrooms are opening again.
    Wouldn't do any harm to phone your local dealer, the demo cars are sometimes out on loan while the updates are being done.

I’ve had test drives in several cars in recent weeks. You can’t really walk in but easy to phone up and make appt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I think I have stumbled upon a work around - if you untick every option apart from the preferred charging times then the car seems to charge immediately upon reaching that time, e.g if you state 00:00 - 08:00 it will charge between those 2 times, rather than trying to guess when to start when you have a departure time set.

It does mean having to go without pre-conditioning but it's getting warmer now so not such a big deal.

This seems to work reliably for me, whereas before sometimes the car wouldn't start to charge or would decide to start charging whenever it thought it needed to in order to reach the stated % charge level.

That was one of the things I tried. With no departure time set and only preferred times set, the car started charging about an hour after the preferred time window started, but only charged at 1.6kW for the entire time after that. It never reached the 80% limit set.

That was on the loaner ID.3 1st Plus running 2.1. I've just used the boost timer in the Zappi since I took my car back. It has worked reliably so far.

I want to try different things with charging, but VW are sending a datalogger to my dealer to install. They want to see what's going wrong with timed charging. I'll try every combination while the datalogger is capturing everything. Then if it goes wrong, they can look through the data to see what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

That was one of the things I tried. With no departure time set and only preferred times set, the car started charging about an hour after the preferred time window started, but only charged at 1.6kW for the entire time after that. It never reached the 80% limit set.

That was on the loaner ID.3 1st Plus running 2.1. I've just used the boost timer in the Zappi since I took my car back. It has worked reliably so far.

I want to try different things with charging, but VW are sending a datalogger to my dealer to install. They want to see what's going wrong with timed charging. I'll try every combination while the datalogger is capturing everything. Then if it goes wrong, they can look through the data to see what happened.

I wonder what kind of datalogger they're using, if it connects via the OBD port then it'd be cool to see what data VW can pull

Unfortunately it could also corrupt the result as Black_knight noticed the timed charging works better when there's an OBD dongle attached and connected to EVNotify

Also, did you get your car back at last?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I wonder what kind of datalogger they're using, if it connects via the OBD port then it'd be cool to see what data VW can pull

Unfortunately it could also corrupt the result as Black_knight noticed the timed charging works better when there's an OBD dongle attached and connected to EVNotify

Also, did you get your car back at last?

I've taken the car back with it's faults. They have committed to fixing everything and have acknowledged that is they can't fix it, they must replace it. The remaining faults are relatively minor. Honestly, I couldn't come up with anything as good to replace it with. I just want the ID.3 to work as it should, and as it's working for the vast majority of owners.

According to the dealer, the datalogger is connected to the OBD port and some extra channels are opened by the technician to allow it to read what they need to see. Seemingly nothing it captures is readable by humans, with the possible exception of Mark Zuckerberg. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Was the Tour much more expensive? I'd hope they're sorting you out on price seeing as the mistake wasn't yours.

Dealer is taking the hit in the difference as it was their mistake.

I've taken the car back with it's faults. They have committed to fixing everything and have acknowledged that is they can't fix it, they must replace it. The remaining faults are relatively minor. Honestly, I couldn't come up with anything as good to replace it with. I just want the ID.3 to work as it should, and as it's working for the vast majority of owners.

Glad to hear you got it back at least, and the dealership is going to fix all the problems
    According to the dealer, the datalogger is connected to the OBD port and some extra channels are opened by the technician to allow it to read what they need to see. Seemingly nothing it captures is readable by humans, with the possible exception of Mark Zuckerberg. :p

Challenge accepted :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

fits wrote: »
    Both tour versions will be available at 0% for 212 reg. but it’s not available to sign up just yet.

0% finance on all VW's is available since 1st May, I got offered it on Tuesday.

Yeah, dealer confirmed I'll get the 0% happy days ! :D

Could this be that the id range is selling so well or they feel to tempt even more or do they need to boost sales ?

charlieIRL wrote: »
    0% finance on all VW's is available since 1st May, I got offered it on Tuesday.

Except the ID.4 unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Also just had confirmation of the 0% deal.

Theyre awaiting confirmation of the GFV but got this quote based on the previous model version. €10k or €15k deposit.

€41902 less €10k deposit
    = €31092 less €17k GFV
    Financing €14902
    = 36 @ €413.94 pm

€41902 less €15k deposit
    = €26902 less €17k GFV
    Financing €9902
    = 36 @ €273 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

Also just had confirmation of the 0% deal.

Theyre awaiting confirmation of the GFV but got this quote based on the previous model version. €10k or €15k deposit.

€41902 less €10k deposit
    = €31092 less €17k GFV
    Financing €14902
    = 36 @ €413.94 pm

€41902 less €15k deposit
    = €26902 less €17k GFV
    Financing €9902
    = 36 @ €273 pm

That's almost 60% depreciation in 3 years. Ouch!

Jog501 wrote: »
    That's almost 60% depreciation in 3 years. Ouch!

If the poster wants to buy it out after 3 years then a lower GMFV is better.

VW might also be setting the GMFV low so the can give you a "better" trade in at the end of the PCP.

ID3 Tour in moonstone grey an der weg

There's not a hope in all hell that a 5 seater, 77kWh ID3 is only worth €17k at 3 years old.

I'll be expecting more than that for my 5 year old 33kWh i3!

Much more likely that it'll be worth around €25-26k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

VW might also be setting the GMFV low so the can give you a "better" trade in at the end of the PCP.

True, but it doesn't instill much confidence.

Except the ID.4 unfortunately :(

It said many more so maybe id.4 too ?

Yeah that's the gist I got off the dealer and if demand is strong he'll call in 2 years to get me into something else if the offer is attractive enough.

It said many more so maybe id.4 too ?

Just checked the website and the ID.4 isn't in that offer, still 3.9% APR

The 1st editions got a better rate of 2.9%

I'd say if they drop the rate for the ID.4 it'll be on the higher end trims where there's more margin already

There's not a hope in all hell that a 5 seater, 77kWh ID3 is only worth €17k at 3 years old.

I'll be expecting more than that for my 5 year old 33kWh i3!

Much more likely that it'll be worth around €25-26k.

I can imagine demand for faster charging long range electrics will be high, as the dealer said they are expecting this which is why he said if demand for 2nd hand ones is high enough they'd call me after 2 years to get me into another new car if the offer is attractive enough. I guess we'll see in 3 years.

Think of it as a very cheap loan @0%; finance for the first 3 years, then the option is there to buy it out at the end or re-finance. I expect demand will be high 2nd hand, I mean who wouldn't want a 2nd hand long range ev with 125 Kw fast charging even the 58 Kwh will be very attractive 2nd hand. The 2nd hand market doesn't have a lot of choice but will when these cars are at the end of their PCP.

They do the same with the Golf. The GMFV is around €15 on that.

My dad had a GMFV of €18k on his fully speced R Line Tiguan. When trade in time came he got €30k for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

Why has the second driver using principle account settings in idconnect app end up showing mph and the other main one shows kph, i cannot find any way of changing this.
    Any ideas?

Patmwgs wrote: »
    Why has the second driver using principle account settings in idconnect app end up showing mph and the other main one shows kph, i cannot find any way of changing this.
    Any ideas?

Make sure the region and language on your phone is set to "English (Ireland)"

• Advertisement

Can the car speedometer etc be changed between miles and km also?

Advertisement