Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Can the car speedometer etc be changed between miles and km also?

I think there's a Units option under Settings in the infotainment screen

Alternatively you could convert over to the evil ways of the metric system ;)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

Can the car speedometer etc be changed between miles and km also?

It can be changed in the car

Make sure the region and language on your phone is set to "English (Ireland)"

Brilliant, that cured it thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Also just had confirmation of the 0% deal.

Theyre awaiting confirmation of the GFV but got this quote based on the previous model version. €10k or €15k deposit.

€41902 less €10k deposit
    = €31092 less €17k GFV
    Financing €14902
    = 36 @ €413.94 pm

€41902 less €15k deposit
    = €26902 less €17k GFV
    Financing €9902
    = 36 @ €273 pm
    Phil,which spec was that on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Alternatively you could convert over to the evil ways of the metric system ;)

Ulster says NO!!!

• Advertisement

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Phil,which spec was that on ?

Tour 5.

Booked for collection next week for a 3 day test. The demo car is only a 58kWh sadly but it'll do me fine. I have a Belfast run to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

The consumption most certainly improved after discharging the battery to below 1% and charging back to 100% on AC. I presume the weather has improved a bit although we still had 5C overnight and 12C during the day. On way from work today I achieved a low consumption
    of 11.8kWh/100km over 24km, 26 min and 54 kmh average speed. Left with 46% and 197km range, arrived with 40% and 180km range. Drove with HVAC off, ranges taken with hvac off as well. AFAIK on the way to work the consumption was ab 12.8kWh/100km but the road is more uphill and AC was on. I guess the consumption should be even better at higher temperatures.
    Also, the dealer has confirmed that the rain sensor is faulty and will be replaced.

I take it the Tour 5 is the only 5 seater option?

The wife has now said she likes the HUD lol.

I don't need 5 seats at all, just figured it might hold its value better.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Liam2021

Tour 5.

Booked for collection next week for a 3 day test. The demo car is only a 58kWh sadly but it'll do me fine. I have a Belfast run to do...

If you don't mind me asking what dealership are you getting a three day test drive from? County will be fine if you don't want yo say.

Liam2021 wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking what dealership are you getting a three day test drive from? County will be fine if you don't want to say.

S&R in Donegal Town. Connolly's in Letterkenny were useless.

PS ignore my previous question, wires crossed. I think I'm right in saying that they're all 5 seater, only the Tour is not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

The consumption most certainly improved after discharging the battery to below 1% and charging back to 100% on AC. I presume the weather has improved a bit although we still had 5C overnight and 12C during the day. On way from work today I achieved a low consumption
    of 11.8kWh/100km over 24km, 26 min and 54 kmh average speed. Left with 46% and 197km range, arrived with 40% and 180km range. Drove with HVAC off, ranges taken with hvac off as well. AFAIK on the way to work the consumption was ab 12.8kWh/100km but the road is more uphill and AC was on. I guess the consumption should be even better at higher temperatures.
    Also, the dealer has confirmed that the rain sensor is faulty and will be replaced.

Good figures, yes the car is a lot more efficient without that damn battery heating.
    I did my longest day yesterday, 325km. Half motorway, half slower/town roads. 16kWh/100km overall. Heavy hail showers and breezy. Probably could have managed it without charging, but left with half a tank to avail of Ionity:).
    Found the car seats very comfy, the car is a pleasure on longer trips.

eagerv wrote: »
    Good figures, yes the car is a lot more efficient without that damn battery heating.
    I did my longest day yesterday, 325km. Half motorway, half slower/town roads. 16kWh/100km overall. Heavy hail showers and breezy. Probably could have managed it without charging, but left with half a tank to avail of Ionity:).
    Found the car seats very comfy, the car is a pleasure on longer trips.

It will be interesting to see if the battery heater is actually coming on when not plugged in to AC or DC.

Mad Lad (and anyone else with i3 experience), how does the VW compare for acceleration? I do like a nippy car and I've read some reports that the ID3 is noticablely slower off the line.

Thoughts?

Mad Lad (and anyone else with i3 experience), how does the VW compare for acceleration? I do like a nippy car and I've read some reports that the ID3 is noticablely slower off the line.

Thoughts?

Fairplay to s&r. You wont be dissapointed with acceleration, unless you are used to driving a mc McLaren f1 car.

Patmwgs wrote: »
    Fairplay to s&r. You wont be dissapointed with acceleration, unless you are used to driving a mc McLaren f1 car.

I dunno, everyone seems to be saying that it's noticeably slower, especially to 30, than the i3.

Maybe it will help that I have the i3 REx which is slower than the i3 and a lot slower than the i3s.

What's the app like for functionality and reliability?

What's the app like for functionality and reliability?

Very basic, but does more or less everything I need atm.
    As everything with VW, it can only get better..:D

Contributors on the German Forums have been doing some maths based on expected cell/module/pack size and number for the 45kwh pack.
    They figure unless VW increase the size of the pack and restrict it through software that 42 KW charge speed is the most you can expect it early in the charging curve.
    It looks like it will be like an Ioniq in that it will be very efficient but a slow charger which will compromise its long distance abilities.
    Most of the time it won't matter to the Customer.

Thoughts?

The id.3 isn't slow off the line, you'd be happy enough with it, it's no Tesla but most People will be happy enough. It's not slow and it's not fast but it's perfectly adequate for a normal car, a hot hatch in the future with 300 Hp would be nice though.

It's faster off the line than the i3 which in my opinion got too restricted after some reports of drivetrain issues they throttled it back too much from 0 Km/hr but it pulls harder from 60 Km.hr than the i3 probably due to the lighter weight but overall the 0-100 between the id.3 and i3 there's not a lot in it, the i3 is a lot lighter and the id.3 has 30 more Hp.

I dunno, everyone seems to be saying that it's noticeably slower, especially to 30, than the i3.

Maybe it will help that I have the i3 REx which is slower than the i3 and a lot slower than the i3s.

There's not a lot of difference between the Rex vs BEV or i3S and there's not a but the S is probably is notably faster than the id3 because the id3 is heavy especially the 77 Kwh that I'll be getting but even the id.4 is fine considering the weight. The i3s is tuned differently, a little extra power and it's more at the top end.

But as I said, you're not going to be disappointed with the id.3.

• Advertisement

Never driven an i3 so cannot compare, but I find my 58kWh is very lively. Certainly in its' class and price. Similar to Bjorn, I have no problem bettering the official time to 100. Think he recorded about 6.8 seconds (To 104 indicated?).
    Up to about 80km/h there is a fair kick, have managed to loose traction a few times:)

Oddly I always found that while the i3 was miles faster 0-100 than the L24, the Leaf was a little more responsive off the line. The i3 always felt like it had a split second delay from boot down to go.

Best thing about the i3 is the top end. I can go from 60mph to 80mph in a flash.

I say "I can", needless to say I never have done so as that would be naughty. ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Best thing about the i3 is the top end. I can go from 60mph to 80mph in a flash.

I say "I can", needless to say I never have done so as that would be naughty. ;)

Reaching the hefty speeds of 128km/h, we should force you off the island as a reckless driver :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

VW Ireland, have a revised pricelist up now, dated May 1st, which adds the lesser powered ID 3 Pro.
    https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/2021/my21_master/ID3_MY21.pdf

The cheaper ID3 “Pro” motor, gets 145 HP and is 9.60 seconds l on the 0 to 100kmph.

Versus

ID3 “Pro Performance”, gets 204 HP, and 7.30 seconds to 100kmph.

For €1,800 extra, on “Life” spec, and no difference in battery range, and adding the fact that the ID 3 Pro Performance model, is currently faster than every ID4, currently available- seems like a no brainer. Thata a lot of extra power for €1,800

fafy wrote: »
    VW Ireland, have a revised pricelist up now, dated May 1st, which adds the lesser powered ID 3 Pro.
    https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/2021/my21_master/ID3_MY21.pdf

The cheaper ID3 “Pro” motor, gets 145 HP and is 9.60 seconds l on the 0 to 100kmph.

Versus

ID3 “Pro Performance”, gets 204 HP, and 7.30 seconds to 100kmph.

For €1,800 extra, on “Life” spec, and no difference in battery range, and adding the fact that the ID 3 Pro Performance model, is currently faster than every ID4, currently available- seems like a no brainer. Thata a lot of extra power for €1,800

It's the same car, motor, invertor etc, just detuned, shameful really, just shows how much less they could sell the 204 Hp version.

Steel wheels and all for 32K.

I didn't see 50 kw or 100 Kw charging mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

I didn't see 50 kw or 100 Kw charging mentioned.

From that new price list above, all trims are 100 kw DC charging, except the Tour versions, which are 125kw

When are you expecting your car Mad_Lad?

Dealer told me around 10 weeks from order.

Is there any wiggle room for negotiation with these boys or is it just a take it or leave it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Has anyone heard of anybody vinyl wrapping the black plastic lip on the ID3, or anything like that? I can never understand what they were thinking with it! That said, I'm very close to buying one because I just drove one and really enjoyed it, and that 0% is really attractive.

Advertisement