Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

King's Red is a new colour coming soon apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

eagerv wrote: »

2022 I read. Not waiting that long...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

I think it’s a car that would look well in bright colours.

We are going with moonstone grey as it mitigates the cost of the tour and didn’t have a strong enough preference for any of the colours to pay 700 for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

That's the colour of the ID.4 GTX, looks great, the ID.3 would look fantastic in that colour with the black roof IMO

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

Tried to post last night but got an error. I finally got my Tour delivered to me on Friday after knowing it had been here for the past 2 weeks.

The car itself I cannot fault, it’s very comfortable there’s allot of leg room in both front & back. The eGolf I found on drives more then an hour id be twitching and moving around allot in the ID3 not so ! The massage functions and lumbar support were a great unexpected bonus.

The lights in both the interior & exterior are amazing, the slowly illuminating of the cabin as it gets darker outside made both is is giddy with excitement �� And the exterior of the car lit up is quite beautiful the ground around the car full of light from it.

My only gripe is the app I cannot get it to connect to the car I’ve tried 3 phones, tried deleting the app, deleting the car from my account & reset the car to factory settings none worked. I just get the clown dropping the ice cream error page :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I chose Stonewash Blue, too much grey cars on the road, silver, grey and black, MY Leaf was Grey, i3 Grey and black, reminds me of Irish skies for most of the year, depressing! :D

I need to see more colour on the road when I'm commuting! :D

Have you seen the Stonewashed Blue in the flesh?

I hope you're not disappointed. The car can look quite grey on a dull day. But when the sun hits it, it's definitely blue.

I would have liked the option of the VW Lapiz Blue. I think the car would have looked amazing in that colour.

Have you seen the Stonewashed Blue in the flesh?

I hope you're not disappointed. The car can look quite grey on a dull day. But when the sun hits it, it's definitely blue.

I would have liked the option of the VW Lapiz Blue. I think the car would have looked amazing in that colour.

Not in the flesh I've seen some pictures and videos, I think it has enough Blue to keep me happy, will know in July! :D

VW really need to expand the range of Colours.

Not in the flesh I've seen some pictures and videos, I think it has enough Blue to keep me happy, will know in July! :D

VW really need to expand the range of Colours.

I agree, lack of colours is a problem which affects all car manufacturers

Interestingly I was reading an article about vehicle wrapping which blamed German car companies for the current trend of grey saying they're obsessed with gunmetal grey and metallic colours

I don't know how true that is but I think the obsession with resale value has pushed people and dealerships towards more neutral colours, so limiting the choice available

My first car in white, never a fan before. I think it would still be my pick, suits the car with the black roof and boot. Looks well even when quite dirty and the paint quality looks very good, with a very slight sparkle.

Only problem is it shows tar spots..

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

S&R had a scale silver in stock so we purchased it. The paint quality is very good.
    Good german robots.

• Advertisement

My first car in white, never a fan before. I think it would still be my pick, suits the car with the black roof and boot. Looks well even when quite dirty and the paint quality looks very good, with a very slight sparkle.

Only problem is it shows tar spots..

Mud flaps help with tar, get a Clay Bar ! :D

The id.3/4 does look good in white.

https://insideevs.com/news/506019/volkswagen-id3-nuburgring-pov-drive/
    Just in case the m50 is free some early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

Have seen 4 id4's and 2 id3's around Kilkenny today alone. Ranging from grey, blue and white. The white does look sharp and have to say the plastic bits at the back under the boot don't stand out as much as they do on the blue imo. All look great though.

Mud flaps help with tar, get a Clay Bar ! :D

The id.3/4 does look good in white.

Don't think I will bother with mudflaps, I enjoy getting out the tar remover once or twice a year..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

DermoMIO wrote: »
    Tried to post last night but got an error. I finally got my Tour delivered to me on Friday after knowing it had been here for the past 2 weeks.

The car itself I cannot fault, it’s very comfortable there’s allot of leg room in both front & back. The eGolf I found on drives more then an hour id be twitching and moving around allot in the ID3 not so ! The massage functions and lumbar support were a great unexpected bonus.

The lights in both the interior & exterior are amazing, the slowly illuminating of the cabin as it gets darker outside made both is is giddy with excitement �� And the exterior of the car lit up is quite beautiful the ground around the car full of light from it.

My only gripe is the app I cannot get it to connect to the car I’ve tried 3 phones, tried deleting the app, deleting the car from my account & reset the car to factory settings none worked. I just get the clown dropping the ice cream error page :(

Well west with the new car. Seems a few new owners have trouble connecting via the app so hopefully you’ll get sorted soon

Does the tour have the panoramic roof as a matter of interest?

What chargers do the ID3 come with? Granny and type 2 or just one/other?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Both cables

Granny and type 2 cable. The 1st editions came with 16A cables but I think the boffins in VW realised we don't all have 3 phase and they're now shipping 32A cables

Excellent. The UK don't ship a granny cable, just the type 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

The Leaf Gen I is faster off the line than the i3, after drivetrain issues BMW really restricted it from 0. But of course the i3 trashes the leaf after about 30Km/hr.

I thought at one point the i3 was the fastest accelerating BMW to 40mph, faster even than the contemporary M3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO5z32L32aY

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Has anyone seen the stonewashed blue in person? Even on another VW (not sure if it was offered before)? I've been in a white Leon FR for the past five years and I'm considering a change, although I think the white might be the best-looking version of the ID.3. The only other one I would consider would be the stonewashed blue but I haven't seen it in person. Quite the quandary!

Can someone give me a quick summary of the charge timer issues with the car? With my i3 I just don't set a timer on the car, just let the Zappi timer do the trick with a timed boost from 1am til 8am.

Will that not work with the ID3?

Can someone give me a quick summary of the charge timer issues with the car? With my i3 I just don't set a timer on the car, just let the Zappi timer do the trick with a timed boost from 1am til 8am.

There are some having problems with the zappi charging with solar . Myenergi blame the car.
    it should charge on normal timers. Its waking the car up seems to be the problem.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Same as the id4 for me I believe. You set a location, which has charging parameters (departure time, % to charge to, preferred charging times).
    The issue is, it doesn't work. Completely unreliable to use the cars scheduler.

If you have a zappi, don't set a home charging location in the ID.X infotainment, and just charge when you plug in... Or when the zappi gives it power.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Patmwgs wrote: »
    There are some having problems with the zappi charging with solar . Myenergi blame the car.
    it should charge on normal timers. Its waking the car up seems to be the problem.

"Waking up the car" is my best theory as to why the scheduled charging doesn't work. The car is too asleep to kick in charging

Please charge to 0% popped up this morning on the screen. Its charged to 64%
    Anyone else notice this? It is on 2.1 from factory.

If you have a zappi, don't set a home charging location in the ID.X infotainment, and just charge when you plug in... Or when the zappi gives it power.
    So the same as I do now will work fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

I've a Zappi v2, no solar or battery and an ID.4.

If you use the Zappi on the FAST setting charging works no problem (starts as soon as you plug in), even with a home location set up on the ID.4.

I've also used the BOOST timers on the Zappi and ignore the timer set up on the car altogether and works without issue for me.

cannco253 wrote: »
    If you use the Zappi on the FAST setting charging works no problem (starts as soon as you plug in), even with a home location set up on the ID.4.

I use eco+ on the Zappi to use only solar excess during the day but to boost if its overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

I use eco+ on the Zappi to use only solar excess during the day but to boost if its overnight.

https://myenergi.info/vw-ev-s-and-eco-t2447.html

I presume you’ve read the myenergi forum posts on this. The number of wake ups was increased in the 2.1 software but some people are still having issues using eco+.

Looks like the same problem is happening with the Skoda Enyaq as well.

Advertisement