Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Can someone give me a quick summary of the charge timer issues with the car? With my i3 I just don't set a timer on the car, just let the Zappi timer do the trick with a timed boost from 1am til 8am.

Will that not work with the ID3?

Quick summary is the in-car timers don’t work as designed. You will be manually starting the charge session until VW fix it or using your boost setting.

The Eco+ mode will work for your Solar most of the time but it can go to sleep too and not kick in when it’s supposed to, i’d expect a few expletives on here from you when you notice that you’ve left a whole pile of Solar off to the grid! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the stonewashed blue in person? Even on another VW (not sure if it was offered before)? I've been in a white Leon FR for the past five years and I'm considering a change, although I think the white might be the best-looking version of the ID.3. The only other one I would consider would be the stonewashed blue but I haven't seen it in person. Quite the quandary!

When I was ordering, I was torn between the stonewashed blue and the white. I don't like domestic appliance white on cars, but the ID.3 was the exception. It looks great with the black bits to contrast. What made me decide on the stonewashed blue was that there were 5 white ones waiting to be collected out front of the dealership and I just wanted to be a bit different.

The blue is a great colour and appears different depending on available light. It can look a bit dark silver in dull light, but light blue in the sun. Sometimes it has a slight light purple tinge to it.

I'm happy that I made the right colour choice from the poor selection offered by VW.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I use eco+ on the Zappi to use only solar excess during the day but to boost if its overnight.

I think the eco+ setting can cause it to go into the deep sleep state, you can only use the less efficient eco setting

There's a note about it somewhere in the Zappi help site

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

KCross wrote: »
    i’d expect a few expletives on here from you when you notice that you’ve left a whole pile of Solar off to the grid! :)

I'll have 20kWh of storage in the near future, to be honest it'll be pretty rare that I'll use excess solar for the car since the house battery will fill first.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

fits wrote: »
    Well west with the new car. Seems a few new owners have trouble connecting via the app so hopefully you’ll get sorted soon

Does the tour have the panoramic roof as a matter of interest?

Thanks it’s a pain I tried again yesterday still no luck, ive removed the dealers Reg surrounds & sticker from back window yesterday.

The tour does not come with the panoramic roof as it’s too heavy with the bigger battery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

DermoMIO wrote: »
    Thanks it’s a pain I tried again yesterday still no luck, ive removed the dealers Reg surrounds & sticker from back window yesterday.

The tour does not come with the panoramic roof as it’s too heavy with the bigger battery

That’s a shame. But not a dealbreaker for us. Hope you get app sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

Will it work if you set the car up on your own house router?
    There is an option in the car.

Patmwgs wrote: »
    Will it work if you set the car up on your own house router?
    There is an option in the car.

Yes I’ve used hot spot with my phone (5G area) and house WiFi no matter what I try I can’t get past the dropped ice cream !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭eagerv

I always ask dealers not to put advertising on my new car.
    The one that really annoys me is the advertising bar under the registration plate. Usually means the plate will not fit the front mounting bracket and often hides design features below.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Cody OHare

Anyone had problems with the windows....
    On Saturday I had lowered the front windows but could not get them to raise up. It wasn't because I had the rear button depressed.
    Today my wife couldnt get them to go down.

On each occasion the solution required getting out of the car to fully turn it off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

fafy wrote: »

The cheaper ID3 “Pro” motor, gets 145 HP and is 9.60 seconds l on the 0 to 100kmph.

Versus

ID3 “Pro Performance”, gets 204 HP, and 7.30 seconds to 100kmph.

For €1,800 extra, on “Life” spec, and no difference in battery range, and adding the fact that the ID 3 Pro Performance model, is currently faster than every ID4, currently available- seems like a no brainer. Thata a lot of extra power for €1,800

I asked about the "Pro" badge on the ID3 here a few weeks ago and was told its still the 204hp 58kWh battery???

Can anyone confirm?

EDIT (as mentioned previously)
    Pure = 45kWh battery
    Pro = 58kWh
    Pro S = 77kWh

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I asked about the "Pro" badge on the ID3 here a few weeks ago and was told its still the 204hp 58kWh battery???

Can anyone confirm?

EDIT (as mentioned previously)
    Pure = 45kWh battery
    Pro = 58kWh
    Pro S = 77kWh

“Pro S” on my Tour

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Is there any way of checking what power motor is in one?

Cody OHare wrote: »
    Anyone had problems with the windows....
    On Saturday I had lowered the front windows but could not get them to raise up. It wasn't because I had the rear button depressed.
    Today my wife couldnt get them to go down.

On each occasion the solution required getting out of the car to fully turn it off.

Did you press the button to disable the passenger windows by mistake? I seem to remember that it's right beside the button for the windows

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Cody OHare

Did you press the button to disable the passenger windows by mistake? I seem to remember that it's right beside the button for the windows

I'll have a look later, but the driver window didnt function either. I don't know which is the windows disable button, but I'll have a look later

Cody OHare wrote: »
    I'll have a look later, but the driver window didnt function either. I don't know which is the windows disable button, but I'll have a look later

If the drivers window didn't work then probably not the disable button

AFAIK the two buttons above the window controls are the window disable and the child locks

Finally got the app working, hurray for me ! I had to create a new account with a different email and got in to the app straight away. So if anyone out there comes across the ice cream error page you might be better off making a new account.

Trouble with the VW app today. It’s somewhat back working again but I cant remote activate charging.

First time that has not worked for me. Doesn’t throw any error, just doesn’t start the charge. I think they are still upgrading the backend severs or something.

Read a few comments on Facebook criticising the range of the ID3.

Does it perform poorly at higher speed or anything?

Mind you the post had a load of people recommending the Kona over the ID3 which is more than a bit odd.

Mind you the post had a load of people recommending the Kona over the ID3 which is more than a bit odd.

Did you have your 3 day test drive yet? If you did how did it compare to your i3?

• Advertisement

Kona ? as far as I'm aware that's a lot more cramped than the id3, to be honest I wouldn't get a FWD EV with 200 Hp or more, it's just a pain in the arse especially when it's wet.

I think Bjorn was pretty impressed with the efficiency of the id.3 and batterylife on youtube got ( from the 77 Kwh ) 351 kms with average speed of 120 Km/hr with 130 Km/hr stints and 3% left, I'll take that! :D

The test was done at around 15 Deg C. But if I compare that to my 2015 Leaf that would have got me around 80 Kms range at this speed, in the 94 ah i3 around 120 possibly 130 Kms so having up to 350 Kms at this speed would be amazing + decent fast charge rates if I can find 150 Kw chargers. At that rate it should easily do more than 400 kms at less than motorway speeds.

I think there were issues with the battery heating off the mains which is something the driver should have control over because I think the only purpose of the battery heater, like the BMW i3 is just to allow max acceleration and regen but I'd like to see the driver have control or at least the option to enable battery conditioning or not so for shorter trips or commuting you don't want/need max acceleration or regen because on my commute there is extremely little regen anyway.

The option to heat the battery prior to fast charging would be very welcome.

Did you have your 3 day test drive yet? If you did how did it compare to your i3?

Collecting on Friday.

Does it perform poorly at higher speed or anything?.

Its an EV, someone somewhere wil always complain about the range no matter what. That’s the joy of Facebook!

What figures did they give exactly under what conditions?

If you’re looking for a negative, it doesn’t have a heat pump and it heats the battery in winter so range drops a lot if you are doing lots of shorter journeys as it’s burning a lot of energy to heat the pack. Precondition the car is the solution.

It’s down to your own expectations really. What do you expect from it?

Kona ? as far as I'm aware that's a lot more cramped than the id3, to be honest I wouldn't get a FWD EV with 200 Hp or more, it's just a pain in the arse especially when it's wet.

Lots of folk were praising the Kona whilst criticising the ID3 plastic interior!

Unless the new model Kona has a vastly different interior, they must be smoking something. The interior of the first gen Kona was reminiscent of my dad's Dacia.

What figures did they give exactly under what conditions?

It’s down to your own expectations really. What do you expect from it?

No figures given, just various comments about poor range in winter.

My minimum requirement would be minimum 320 km in any weather and any speed. Should be no problem at all getting that from a 77kWh battery.

I would expect to get about 370km.

No figures given, just various comments about poor range in winter.

That’s basically the no heat pump and short journeys problem I gave above.

That’s basically the no heat pump and short journeys problem I gave above.

Well the heat pump is a €1400 option but if its main benefit is for shorter journeys then why bother.

My minimum requirement would be minimum 320 km in any weather and any speed. Should be no problem at all getting that from a 77kWh battery.

I would expect to get about 370km.

I dont think anyone has experience of the 77kWh in this country yet. I'm sure you've watched the youtuber videos on it but tests in Norway dont really equate to the same thing here.

As a reference, in the 58kWh I was able to drive from Cork-Dublin at 120km/h (GPS) without stopping (my first stop was Kill Ionity)... about 250km range and that was at 8°C.

I dont think anyone has experience of the 77kWh in this country yet. I'm sure you've watched the youtuber videos on it but tests in Norway dont really equate to the same thing here.

As a reference, in the 58kWh I was able to drive from Cork-Dublin at 120km/h (GPS) without stopping (my first stop was Kill Ionity)... about 250km range and that was at 8°C.

Was that starting with 100% charge?

• Advertisement

Was that starting with 100% charge?

Of course, who would go on a long journey and not start at 100%! :)

And going back to my earlier point about the heat pump... I pre-heated the car from the mains also which reduces the drain on the battery for cabin and battery heating.... thats a must-do if doing a long journey in cold weather.

This was my brain dump of the trip
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115678933&postcount=6335

Advertisement