Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Back from Belfast, averaged 3.1m/kWh total. Happy with that.

Few irritations though...

* there's a vibration/rattle at the passengers door. If that's a common fault I might drive the dealer crazy til the sort it.

* the phone interface is still poop. Or maybe the i3 one was just excellent. Bit better now I've added speed dials but still not great overall.

* turning the mirror dial to the left to enable dip on reverse is good. Having to do that every single time is appalling.

* not only is the voice control crap, but it activates randomly all the time.

* dual climate control isn't much use if you have to have both zones on. I don't want her side warm and mine cool, I want her side off and mine on.

Has your test car had the latest software update, we can check if you post up what it says. (System then system info)

Not sure I understand about the heating. If you turn her side to "low" then the heat will not come on on that side.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

* there's a vibration/rattle at the passengers door. If that's a common fault I might drive the dealer crazy til the sort it.

* the phone interface is still poop. Or maybe the i3 one was just excellent. Bit better now I've added speed dials but still not great overall.

* turning the mirror dial to the left to enable dip on reverse is good. Having to do that every single time is appalling.

* dual climate control isn't much use if you have to have both zones on. I don't want her side warm and mine cool, I want her side off and mine on.

What is your opinion on the ID3 sound system?

I just use Car Play now. Comes on automatically wirelessly, great having sat view in full screen and WhatsApp etc.

i noticed a mad rattle from the drivers door when the volume was turned up but not while driving with the volume down. it would drive me insane, they'd have to fix that, that's all the van type plastic they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

Apart from the interior bugs, what did you think of the driving side of things. Was that the first edition 202 white edition they gave you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Oh there's an option in System Settings to turn off the ID Assistant wake up word so the only way to ask it to do something is by pressing the steering wheel button.

My mrs gets all the silly questions about the car. Has it a spare battery, what happens if you run out of battery, if you go up a hill and it runs out what do you do. Are you afraid to go far,
    And the list goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

eagerv wrote: »
    Not sure I understand about the heating. If you turn her side to "low" then the heat will not come on on that side.

You sure about that? "LO" means below 16 degrees so freeze the hell out of this area doesn't it?

Bif wrote: »
    What is your opinion on the ID3 sound system?

Grand. I'm not a sound guy so I wouldn't notice the difference between a great one and a good one to be honest.

Seemed fine to me.

Patmwgs wrote: »
    Apart from the interior bugs, what did you think of the driving side of things. Was that the first edition 202 white edition they gave you?

Loved it. Yeah white Dub reg 202. Only bug I found was the auto wipers not working. I'll check the software number in a minute.

Definitely doesn't feel quite as sharp on the accelerator as the i3 but not enough to feel sluggish. That said the 77kWh might be a little slower again but we'll see.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Oh there's an option in System Settings to turn off the ID Assistant wake up word so the only way to ask it to do something is by pressing the steering wheel button.

Lifesaver, thanks.

Grand. I'm not a sound guy so I wouldn't notice the difference between a great one and a good one to be honest.

Seemed fine to me.

Loved it. Yeah white Dub reg 202. Only bug I found was the auto wipers not working. I'll check the software number in a minute.

Definitely doesn't feel quite as sharp on the accelerator as the i3 but not enough to feel sluggish. That said the 77kWh might be a little slower again but we'll see.

Lifesaver, thanks.

You move down the wipers one click from the top position and the sensitivity is the dial on top of the lever. You also to tick the box for automatic wipers on the infotainment system under car, exterior.

• Advertisement

Patmwgs wrote: »
    You move down the wipers one click from the top position and the sensitivity is the dial on top of the lever. You also to tick the box for automatic wipers on the infotainment system under car, exterior.

Hence the bug lol. I've done that, but the wipers still operate in the intermittent setting as if the system box wasn't ticked, even though it is.

Might try unticking it and restarting, then tick it again.

Software version:

553191.jpg

You sure about that? "LO" means below 16 degrees so freeze the hell out of this area doesn't it?

I meant when you don't have a/c on. Heat doesn't seem to come on when in "Lo" setting. But gives enough ventilation to keep windows clear. I am not a great user of aircon, even in the tropics I sleep with a fan if possible..:)

Software version:

553191.jpg

That's the latest, aka 2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Seemed fine to me.

Lifesaver, thanks.

My rain sensor was replaced last week and auto wipers work now. Could the same problem:) Although I guess it’s not your problem;)

How accurate is the Drag Racer 0-60 app?

553257.jpg

Loaded up for the journey back to the dealer tomorrow, added about 15kWh from the solar.

553258.jpg

How accurate is the Drag Racer 0-60 app?

553257.jpg

Loaded up for the journey back to the dealer tomorrow, added about 15kWh from the solar.

553258.jpg

Will you pull the trigger on the ID3?

Will you pull the trigger on the ID3?

Probably. Just looking at the prices again. I had all but convinced myself to cough up the extra for the Tour. Had it in my head somehow that it was an extra €1800.

Its an extra €2900. Feck.

Missus isn't best pleased at spending the money, but she also wants a new kitchen. Cunning plan, if I put down the minimum deposit rather than the max, I could essentially get her kitchen done at 0% finance by spending the deposit money on it rather than the car.

So rather than 2 separate finance deals with 1 of them at 6%, I'd consolidate and save a bomb in interest.

;)

Probably. Just looking at the prices again. I had all but convinced myself to cough up the extra for the Tour. Had it in my head somehow that it was an extra €1800.

Its an extra €2900. Feck.

Missus isn't best pleased at spending the money, but she also wants a new kitchen. Cunning plan, if I put down the minimum deposit rather than the max, I could essentially get her kitchen done at 0% finance by spending the deposit money on it rather than the car.

So rather than 2 separate finance deals with 1 of them at 6%, I'd consolidate and save a bomb in interest.

;)

€2.9K doesn't sound too bad for an extra 100-120km of range.

Don't you get a few other extras on the Tour?

Nice pic btw, wish we had skies that colour down here in the Sunny south east lately..

€2.9K doesn't sound too bad for an extra 100-120km of range.

That's not for extra range. What I mean is that I was going to go for the Tour over the Tour 5.

The 5 has 5 seats obviously, but both are 77kWh.

The Tour 4 seater has a lot of extra kit, electric seat adjustment, sound dampened windscreen, HUD, massage seats, rear speakers.

My initial thought was that the 5 seater would hold its value better, but I really really want the HUD and the gadgets.

• Advertisement

That's not for extra range. What I mean is that I was going to go for the Tour over the Tour 5.

The 5 has 5 seats obviously, but both are 77kWh.

The Tour 4 seater has a lot of extra kit, electric seat adjustment, sound dampened windscreen, HUD, massage seats, rear speakers.

My initial thought was that the 5 seater would hold its value better, but I really really want the HUD and the gadgets.

My mistake, thought you meant above the 58kWh.

Surely there are deals to be done on the 4 seat higher spec tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Currently getting pcp numbers off a few dealers. One has just come back to me and said it'll be August before delivery!

What were peoples lead times?

Surely there are deals to be done on the 4 seat higher spec tour?

I hope so. 0% finance though so perhaps they're already feeling like they've done enough lol.

Waiting for a trade in value on the i3 and will take it from there.

I honestly think the HUD would drive me nuts, I don't like reflections on the windscreen at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Waiting for a trade in value on the i3 and will take it from there.

Doing the exact same...

lowest is 13k so far. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Currently getting pcp numbers off a few dealers. One has just come back to me and said it'll be August before delivery!

What were peoples lead times?

My dealer said July when I ordered two weeks ago but another said august when I enquired so I’m expecting august.

I honestly think the HUD would drive me nuts, I don't like reflections on the windscreen at all.

I thought it was the Tour you're getting, my mistake.

You're getting the Tour 5?

Can anyone confirm if the Tour 5 has or hasn't a panoramic roof?

• Advertisement

Can anyone confirm if the Tour 5 has or hasn't a panoramic roof?

It doesn't. I think it was Teslabjorn speculated it was due to the weight. The 77kWh is already over 2 tonne.

Advertisement