Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I thought it was the Tour you're getting, my mistake.

You're getting the Tour 5?

Yeah, tour 5, I'll definitely be the minority here I think, a lot of People don't like the thoughts about loosing some kit but it's got everything I want the main one being the Travel assist and the Car play.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

It doesn't. I think it was Teslabjorn speculated it was due to the weight. The 77kWh is already over 2 tonne.

Mmm. Pity.

Bif wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if the Tour 5 has or hasn't a panoramic roof?

No tour 5 doesn't have it. It was in the id.4 I drove and I don't really care for it, it wouldn't bother me not to have it. I can't be looking up when I'm driving. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I honestly think the HUD would drive me nuts, I don't like reflections on the windscreen at all.

I think you would be in the minority there:). And you can always turn it off..

eagerv wrote: »
    I think you would be in the minority there:). And you can always turn it off..

Yeah probably in the minority, I'm the Mad_Lad after all ! :D

No point paying for it if I turn it off. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

fits wrote: »
    My dealer said July when I ordered two weeks ago but another said august when I enquired so I’m expecting august.

Mine said July when I booked (Tour 5), no confirmation yet. There were some Family versions available.

Yeah, tour 5, I'll definitely be the minority here I think, a lot of People don't like the thoughts about loosing some kit but it's got everything I want the main one being the Travel assist and the Car play.

Same here, aside from the long range I wanted the safety features.

I'm also hoping the puncture protected tyres (Airstop?) make up a little bit for not being able to carry a spare. Other than that I'd happily take the 18" wheels on the 2 tonne monster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

electricus wrote: »
    Mine said July when I booked (Tour 5), no confirmation yet. There were some Family versions available.

I noticed elsewhere that someone in uk was given a September delivery date for tour. Ouch! I really want mine by then. I actually couldn’t face the commute in current car.

fits wrote: »
    I noticed elsewhere that someone in uk was given a September delivery date for tour. Ouch! I really want mine by then. I actually couldn’t face the commute in current car.

Hopefully that estimate is based on it not being available to order over there yet. Not sure I want to wait that long!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Doing the exact same...

lowest is 13k so far. :pac:

Just got offered €14k.

I'll sell privately so, easily well above that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Just got offered €14k.

I'll sell privately so, easily well above that.

Just been offered 12.5k.. what are these lads smoking?
    I'm going to wait the rest of the day and see how low they can go 🀣

Just been offered 12.5k.. what are these lads smoking?

Fella here admitted that he wasn't really interested in taking it. Although his logic was a bit daft. He saw the i3 as an urban only car due to the low range. My logic is that if you're an urban driver and don't need long range, you'd buy the BEV.

It's people like me, rural but with fairly frequent long range runs that the REx was tailor made for. EV covers 90% of my needs, REx enables long range travel.

Anyway, I'll ask around. Someone listed one here a few days ago for €18k and it had higher mileage and lower spec.

Same here, aside from the long range I wanted the safety features.

I'm also hoping the puncture protected tyres (Airstop?) make up a little bit for not being able to carry a spare. Other than that I'd happily take the 18" wheels on the 2 tonne monster!!

Tour 5 comes with 19 inch I think.

It will be interesting to see how the car handles the weight for the size of the car, I reckon it will have a bone shattering suspension, hopefully not. :eek:

Definitely, the best thing for me will be range, recharge time at HPC where available and most of all the travel assist, can't wait to try this out, will be great now the N7 is back to very heavy traffic but not yet back to gridlock.

Anyway, I'll ask around. Someone listed one here a few days ago for €18k and it had higher mileage and lower spec.

think that was me :D

Been offered 15 as a max so far.

think that was me :D

Been offered 15 as a max so far.

By a different VW dealer?

aye, have about ten of them on the go now.

aye, have about ten of them on the go now.

It's a tough one. Can't see them going much higher to be honest, certainly not anywhere near your private listing. I'm in the same boat.

And selling a second hand car privately with that kind of value may be difficult.

Tour 5 comes with 19 inch I think.

It will be interesting to see how the car handles the weight for the size of the car, I reckon it will have a bone shattering suspension, hopefully not. :eek:

Definitely, the best thing for me will be range, recharge time at HPC where available and most of all the travel assist, can't wait to try this out, will be great now the N7 is back to very heavy traffic but not yet back to gridlock.

It has 19s alright, hopefully the ride quality isn’t impacted too much by the weight or I’ll be in trouble. My wife loved the Family version we had for a test drive - not getting the glass roof is bad enough! I'm hoping more range will come in handy for longer winter journeys.

From what I’ve read/ watch on YouTube, the ride is expected to be much the same as the 4-seat tour due to weight savings (no glass roof, auto seats, etc.) to keep the same or a slightly lower weight. Battery weight in the brochure is also TBC, so maybe changes there too.

It has 19s alright, hopefully the ride quality isn’t impacted too much by the weight or I’ll be in trouble. My wife loved the Family version we had for a test drive - not getting the glass roof is bad enough! I'm hoping more range will come in handy for longer winter journeys.

From what I’ve read/ watch on YouTube, the ride is expected to be much the same as the 4-seat tour due to weight savings (no glass roof, auto seats, etc.) to keep the same or a slightly lower weight. Battery weight in the brochure is also TBC, so maybe changes there too.

The extra range will certainly be good when you want it along with faster charging when you can charge at a HPc but it will be interesting to see how vw manage the battery temp for charging, that's if they will at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Missus isn't best pleased at spending the money, but she also wants a new kitchen. Cunning plan, if I put down the minimum deposit rather than the max, I could essentially get her kitchen done at 0% finance by spending the deposit money on it rather than the car.

So rather than 2 separate finance deals with 1 of them at 6%, I'd consolidate and save a bomb in interest.

;)

Great minds think alike - had the same conversation with my dealer the other day as we're planning an extension of some kind so stands to reason that I should pay less deposit and finance more of the car at the 0% rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Folks. Anyone drive both 58 and 77 kw versions? How do they compare handing wise? Thanks.

It's a tough one. Can't see them going much higher to be honest, certainly not anywhere near your private listing. I'm in the same boat.

And selling a second hand car privately with that kind of value may be difficult.

Zu car( the we buy any car of Ireland) will give 13k.
    Some of the vw dealers are below that..

been confirmed btw, 12 weeks from date of order.

been confirmed btw, 12 weeks from date of order.

Which version did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Bif wrote: »
    Folks. Anyone drive both 58 and 77 kw versions? How do they compare handing wise? Thanks.

Would be interested to know myself.. Silent Running..?
    I have had 3 heavy passengers in mine (58kWh) and the handling has been fine. You would notice a slight power decrease, but nothing too serious. If anything, the car was a little more comfortable on the bad roads. I wonder what, if any, changes there are to the suspension on the 77kWh?

I have had 3 heavy passengers in mine (58kWh) and the handling has been fine. You would notice a slight power decrease, but nothing too serious. If anything, the car was a little more comfortable on the bad roads. I wonder what, if any, changes there are to the suspension on the 77kWh?

I'd imagine the suspension will be stiffer but the extra weight could make it feel the same. I found the id.4 suspension too firm on back roads not helped with 19 inch wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Hard to tell really. I drive my own car differently than I drive the loaner (like I stole it :D)

If I had to say, and based on nothing at all but feeling, I'd say that the 58kWh is a bit more nimble. I've had no handling problems with my Tour. It grips well, but going fast into a tight bend, you feel the extra weight.

I'll be back in the loaner tomorrow, so I'll try to do a bit of a comparison.

I trust you're all "Sport" mode drivers, none of this Eco crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

None of this Eco crap here... but I didn't like sport mode in the Ioniq (throttle too twitchy) and I never really bothered in the e-Niro either, just the normal mode was fine.

With the ID.3 you can set your preferences in the individual mode. If I had the use of my car for any length of time, I might play with that setting. :P

• Advertisement

Your inbox is full ! you won't receive any more messages until you free up space :D

Advertisement