Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Patmwgs wrote: »
    They have to apply for the grant on your behalf after you sign up and register the car. Thats after you are approved of the finance it you go down that road.

I signed the grant form yesterday morning. They said to me on Saturday I'd have it this week so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Lol, just the screenshot. Sorry the font looks fine on my phone, maybe it's massive on a PC?

I've asked about the tyre sizes. And yes the spec of the car maybe has an impact.

Yeah it's massive on a PC, must be scaling the image to the screen size or something :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

J Donohue in Enniscothy have a 1st Plus up for sale at €35,950. Must be a demo they've picked up somewhere because I don't think Boland's own a VW dealership?

https://www.jdonohoecars.ie/

Edit: only 3,000km on it. Would be interesting for some of those with an I3 looking to change as to see how much extra they'd be offered on a trade in.

They also have a e206 for €26,950 which looks well in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

TitianGerm wrote: »
    J Donohue in Enniscothy have a 1st Plus up for sale at €35,950. Must be a demo they've picked up somewhere because I don't think Boland's own a VW dealership?

Edit: only 3,000km on it. Would be interesting for some of those with an I3 looking to change as to see how much extra they'd be offered on a trade in.

Ger Boland owns VW Wexford. I only found this out after I'd bought my car. Otherwise it would have been bought from Tom Murphy in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

says Body Type: Estate
    is that right for an ID3?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement

Ger Boland owns VW Wexford. I only found this out after I'd bought my car. Otherwise it would have been bought from Tom Murphy in Waterford.

Ah I didn't know that. They are usually tough enough to deal with but we got a very decent deal on a Skoda Karoq out there recently.

It's an Estate on my tax book. My Golf was the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes, it's what VW lodged with revenue. I think they did same with the Golf. Don't know why, but they don't seem to want to update revenue..

Edit, didn't see Titian's reply..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Aye, seen that id3 last night. Emailed them for more info as I'm on nights.
    Replied to me today to ask me to ring..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

• Advertisement

cannco253 wrote: »

Soapparently the ID.3 in it's current form can't fit the front motor, hence why they said they're not doing a GTX version

I guess they'd need to modify the MEB platform to make it work, which would likely make it too expensive for now

There's always going to be a Gen 2 MEB platform, so I imagine VW will use the concept to gauge interest to see if they'll do an ID.3 GTX on a newer platform at some point

People have been waiting 5 years for the ID.Buzz, so they obviously feel safe teasing cars years in advance

Al they have to do is give the rear motor more power, 350 Hp should be easy to do.

Al they have to do is give the rear motor more power, 350 Hp should be easy to do.

You planning on doing a wheelie with the car? :D

You planning on doing a wheelie with the car? :D

More power is always good ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

More power is always good ! :D

Fantastic for doughnuts.

Patmwgs wrote: »
    Fantastic for doughnuts.

I hear it's pretty good at donuts already, just pull out the ABS fuse :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIheytVF88E

Back earlier from a long day away, 5 hours driving from home Co Wexford to Foynes Co Limerick and back. Terrible weather, so a bit slower than normal. Just kept with traffic mainly 80-100km/h. Except for short motorway bit around limerick. Temp 9-12c.

Normally I would go direct between Clonmel and Tipperary, but came home Tipp to Cashel to Clonmel. Surprised that it's only about 4km longer. I thought it was a better road, well surfaced and less traffic. Charged at Cashel after 288km driving, GOM still showing 120km. Total mileage for day was 378km, so I could have done the whole trip without charging. (Left home this morning 100%). Only two cars ICEing at Ionity. No drivers to be seen and car park fairly quiet.

A trip I do fairly regularly, a few times a year. But my first time in an EV. Not a road I generally enjoy, but must say I found today totally relaxing and very comfortable. You really feel isolated from the conditions outside in the ID.3, not sure if that's totally a good thing.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Range sounds impressive for such a bad day. I can't understand why non ev drivers could think of parking in charging spots any time but especially an empty car park...

Is there anyone to report ICEing to? I doubt Ionity would be impressed!

electricus wrote: »
    Range sounds impressive for such a bad day. I can't understand why non ev drivers could think of parking in charging spots any time but especially an empty car park...

Is there anyone to report ICEing to? I doubt Ionity would be impressed!

Only been to Cashel about 3 times, normally a few cars ICEing, tbh doesn't worry me too much because they are normally sitting in car or not too far away. Suppose the Ionity spaces are a decent size not like the rest of the spaces there.

Rain conveniently stopped for the 30 mins today, miserable rest of day..

6GK2sih.jpg

For anyone interested in meteorology, my pic above is almost certainly the eye of the storm today. Miserable and stormy all around and light wind and sunny at Cashel.

Sorry for thread drift..:)

• Advertisement

I see Kings Red Metallic is showing up now on the German configurator.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

eagerv wrote: »
    I see Kings Red Metallic is showing up now on the German configurator.
    Any pictures I wonder?

I'll be joining the id3 team next week. Done a deal on a glacial white 1st plus edition.
    Pics to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

ewj1978 wrote: »
    I'll be joining the id3 team next week. Done a deal on a glacial white 1st plus edition.
    Pics to follow

Collecting next week? You nabbed one in stock?

Aye. theres too much uncertainty around delivery times for a new one.
    This is new, its just sitting in a dealership since January.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Aye. theres too much uncertainty around delivery times for a new one.
    This is new, its just sitting in a dealership since January.

Same here. I’m hopefully getting mine on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Family member here considering an id3-

Can anyone confirm that the id3 cannot be charged using night rate ?

I’ve been hearing mixed info about this, it may only affect the id4 where scheduled charging isn’t working.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

handpref wrote: »

I’ve been hearing mixed info about this, it may only affect the id4 where scheduled charging isn’t working.

Many thanks

The charge timers in the car don’t work yet.
    You need to manually start it or use your charge point timers.

ID3 and ID4 are the same.

handpref wrote: »

Many thanks

The timed charging features in the car don't work properly

If it's their first EV then they'll want to get a charger with timers built in, that way they can control it from the charger instead of the car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

Just saw a lead time of 25 weeks in uk forum for life model !!!

Advertisement