Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Has anyone here with the AR HUD noticed it dims a lot when wearing polarised sunglasses? I've noticed the display in my ID.4 is almost invisible even with the brightness up above 50%

I'd prefer not to turn the brightness up full as I find it a bit too bright without sunglasses

I'm hoping it's just down to my particular sunglasses

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭eagerv

Has anyone here with the AR HUD noticed it dims a lot when wearing polarised sunglasses? I've noticed the display in my ID.4 is almost invisible even with the brightness up above 50%

I'd prefer not to turn the brightness up full as I find it a bit too bright without sunglasses

I'm hoping it's just down to my particular sunglasses

Possibly the same reason polarised lenses are not recommended in Aviation, with the advent of "Glass" cockpits and HUDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Picked up the car this evening. I'll make a proper post tomorrow but has anybody had any trouble opening the charging cover? I had it open about 5 times today with a simple push like I used to have on my Leon but I've just gotten home and want to try out charging with my new charger and haven't managed to open the cover. I've made sure the car is unlocked but can't think of anything else. It's like it's locked or something, like the push isn't able to release it. I'm sure it's something stupid as it was fine earlier on...

Edit:
    I just started the car, moved it a couple of inches, turned it off and suddenly it worked. Just going to leave this here in case anybody sees the same issue.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Picked up the car this evening. I'll make a proper post tomorrow but has anybody had any trouble opening the charging cover? I had it open about 5 times today with a simple push like I used to have on my Leon but I've just gotten home and want to try out charging with my new charger and haven't managed to open the cover. I've made sure the car is unlocked but can't think of anything else. It's like it's locked or something, like the push isn't able to release it. I'm sure it's something stupid as it was fine earlier on...

Try unlocking twice with fob.

Congrats by the way....:)

eagerv wrote: »
    Try unlocking twice with fob.

Congrats by the way....:)

Haha yeah I had tried that alright but no joy. Maybe it didn't register the double press. Who knows. All good though.

Cheers dude.

• Advertisement

Haha yeah I had tried that alright but no joy. Maybe it didn't register the double press. Who knows. All good though.

Cheers dude.

Yeah I found the double press would only work about half the time

I ended up turning off the selective unlock so all the doors would unlock when the unlock button is pressed

This seems to include the charge port

Yeah I found the double press would only work about half the time

I ended up turning off the selective unlock so all the doors would unlock when the unlock button is pressed

This seems to include the charge port

Yeah I'm pretty sure I set that to all doors earlier but not certain. All worked out in the end anyway 😂

Is there any indication in the car when the remote air conditioning is enabled? Just looking to test it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

Yeah I'm pretty sure I set that to all doors earlier but not certain. All worked out in the end anyway ��

Is there any indication in the car when the remote air conditioning is enabled? Just looking to test it out.
    Good luck with the car. You will hear that the ac is on from outside the car. I gave an elderly gent a drive in ours last week and they purchased one yesterday.

Patmwgs wrote: »
    Good luck with the car. You will hear that the ac is on from outside the car. I gave an elderly gent a drive in ours last week and they purchased one yesterday.

VW should have a referral program, since us ID owners seem to be driving a lot of sales

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

I'm planning to drive from Cork to Dublin and back tomorrow. Is the €600 weConnect card a sure thing at the ionity chargers on route or should i have a backup plan?

• Advertisement

I'm planning to drive from Cork to Dublin and back tomorrow. Is the €600 weConnect card a sure thing at the ionity chargers on route or should i have a backup plan?

You can download Chargepoint as backup, you'll have to pay in this case

I'd also get an ESB Ecars card if you don't already have one, some folks have reported issues when using third party cards, although I believe the We Charge card should work fine

VW should have a referral program, since us ID owners seem to be driving a lot of sales

Haha, if any prospective buyer looked in here they would probably never buy one.:D They would get a M3..

Any one I have converted has been in my car..

So far after I think 22 visits to Ionity, only had one problem. That was at Kill where the power was down. A few mins over to the other one nearby which worked normally.
    It's still a good idea to have a backup plan, I normally arrive with about 100km range left, which is a bit conservative I know. Doesn't give me best speeds but I usually only take on about 30kWh or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Have you tested the card and your account already?

If you have already tested it then you'll be fine but I wouldnt be doing that trip without a backup plan if I hadnt tested it already.

Are you an id3 first mover? Any purchases after that did not get the 600€ free charging.

Patmwgs wrote: »
    Are you an id3 first mover? Any purchases after that did not get the 600€ free charging.

Yes, first mover.

KCross wrote: »
    Have you tested the card and your account already?

If you have already tested it then you'll be fine but I wouldnt be doing that trip without a backup plan if I hadnt tested it already.

Yes, I've used it a few times without issue on the ESB 50kw chargers (apologies if that is not the correct term), just never at an ionity one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Collecting mine at 3:30 today. Will be sad to see the eGolf go but looking forward to more range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

boardzz wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting a ID.3 Tour 5 on pcp finance. Has anyone got this spec on pcp and what deal did you get?
    I'd ideally get the ID.4 Tech model but the 3.9% pcp makes the jump up a lot bigger.

Priced up with a load of different dealers.
    Newmarket in cork was the best as the offered close to 3k off list price.
    Only issue you'll have is that the 12-?? Weeks wait for a new car.
    I was basically told if you haven't got a car in production already you may not get a car for months and months due to the chip shortage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

ewj1978 wrote: »
    I was basically told if you haven't got a car in production already you may not get a car for months and months due to the chip shortage.

That's my worry. Dealer told me he has the car confirmed as week 24 for production but I'm wary of taking that as gospel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Collecting mine at 3:30 today. Will be sad to see the eGolf go but looking forward to more range.

Good luck with it!

Post up a detailed review please referencing how it compares- I’m lurking here considering making the same switch. Especially interested in comparing efficiency figures, will there be a genuine 100km gain on range?

Good luck with it!

Post up a detailed review please referencing how it compares- I’m lurking here considering making the same switch. Especially interested in comparing efficiency figures, will there be a genuine 100km gain on range?

What range were you getting on the egolf at 80% charge and 100?

Well it got me to work this morning anyway :D

Really enjoyed driving it yesterday evening and this morning. Such a good drive and a very nice place to be inside the car. Voice control seems to be extremely flaky - worked pretty well for about half an hour yesterday and then barely worked after that. Didn't check it this morning.

Gave it a little test charge on my newly-installed EO Mini Pro yesterday evening and everything worked OK. Will see how I do on range in the next week or so. Hoping to get at least one week's average driving from a single charge. That's just under 250km so should be relatively easily attainable but will be interesting to see how my driving style affects it.

From a dealer perspective, I would have to say I was very happy with Mark in Tom Murphy's in Waterford. Have been dealing with him on and off for a couple of years.

Realised my Leon FR, that I traded in, was the longest I've ever owned a car at five years. Let's see how long the ID.3 lasts.

Really enjoyed driving it yesterday evening and this morning. Such a good drive and a very nice place to be inside the car. Voice control seems to be extremely flaky - worked pretty well for about half an hour yesterday and then barely worked after that. Didn't check it this morning.

Gave it a little test charge on my newly-installed EO Mini Pro yesterday evening and everything worked OK. Will see how I do on range in the next week or so. Hoping to get at least one week's average driving from a single charge. That's just under 250km so should be relatively easily attainable but will be interesting to see how my driving style affects it.

From a dealer perspective, I would have to say I was very happy with Mark in Tom Murphy's in Waterford. Have been dealing with him on and off for a couple of years.

Realised my Leon FR, that I traded in, was the longest I've ever owned a car at five years. Let's see how long the ID.3 lasts.

Looks well, same tyres as my own. Find them pretty grippy.
    Yes I have been looked after well in Waterford also, service guys also knowledgeable at this stage. Have got to know them all fairly well by now..:).
    Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

charlieIRL wrote: »

You won’t miss it ! There is no comparison between the two, I’m glad I had the eGolf but also delighted I bit the bullet and got the ID3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nice, I like the White two tone scheme, looks way better than pure White

attachment.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

DrPhilG wrote: »
    That's my worry. Dealer told me he has the car confirmed as week 24 for production but I'm wary of taking that as gospel.

I think the chip shortage is mostly hitting the cars with Travel Assist, I guess they have a bit more computing power on board than the others

Which unfortunately puts you in trouble with the Tour :(

Good luck with it!

Well it shouldn't be hard beat 140kms winter and 220kms summer!!!

Saying that I was getting an average consumption figure of 17.5kWh (??) over the last 17 months.

Lovely car, am half regretting not getting alloys now.
    Ordered a set of the replacement wheel covers with the black on them in Germany - they will do for now.

• Advertisement

I am advising someone on the eo mini pro who has solar, did they give you the ct clamp for this?
    He is going with electric ireland

Advertisement