Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Well it shouldn't be hard beat 140kms winter and 220kms summer!!!

Saying that I was getting an average consumption figure of 17.5kWh (??) over the last 17 months.

Get a pretty solid 200km ish year round with the egolf with heat pump. Obviously usual caveats of motorway speeds apply.

I drive fairly conservative, long term figure of 16kwh I think. Still managed get a speeding ticket last week though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

Drove to Kilkenny on Sunday, and the adaptive cruise control worked perfectly, and as expected.

Sunday night on the drive back up the m9, it was very clear that the adaptive cruise control was behaving like I was in a country that drives on the right - it wouldn’t allow me move out and overtake on the right (it would slow to the other cars speed and sit in the overtaking lane about 50m back, just like it would do if I was undertaking a car), but it would allow me undertake in the inside lane no problem, when it shouldn’t.

Ended up turning it off. Haven’t been on a motorway since, so I’ll see how it behaves next time. It’s clearly a software issue. I was showing the car to some of the family - might they have messed with a setting somewhere?

Anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

sk8board wrote: »
    Drove to Kilkenny on Sunday, and the adaptive cruise control worked perfectly, and as expected.

Sunday night on the drive back up the m9, it was very clear that the adaptive cruise control was behaving like I was in a country that drives on the right - it wouldn’t allow me move out and overtake on the right (it would slow to the other cars speed and sit in the overtaking lane about 50m back, just like it would do if I was undertaking a car), but it would allow me undertake in the left lane no problem, when it shouldn’t.

Ended up turning it off. Haven’t been on a motorway since, so I’ll see how it behaves next time. It’s clearly a software issue.

Anyone else experience this?

That was a problem on the original software. Hasn’t happened me since I updated to 2.x.

The higher trim versions also have a RHD option in the menu somewhere. If you have one of those maybe it has reverted?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Its home!

554151.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

And a quick size comparison with my daughtes MK5 Golf....

554152.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I think the chip shortage is mostly hitting the cars with Travel Assist, I guess they have a bit more computing power on board than the others

Which unfortunately puts you in trouble with the Tour :(

Wouldn't have thought it would get a confirmed production date if it was going to be delayed though?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

You'd be surprised at the impact of the semiconductor shortage. For Mini, they're having trouble sourcing the component that controls the ambient lighting. If VW are using Mobileeye tech, the travel assist shouldn't be impacted as that comes via Intel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

liamog wrote: »
    You'd be surprised at the impact of the semiconductor shortage. For Mini, they're having trouble sourcing the component that controls the ambient lighting. If VW are using Mobileeye tech, the travel assist shouldn't be impacted as that comes via Intel

God I hope not, those clowns in Intel can't be trusted to make a semi reliable smartphone, let alone a computer for autonomous driving

Disclaimer: I used to be one of those clowns :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Wouldn't have thought it would get a confirmed production date if it was going to be delayed though?

True enough, I wasn't told a production week, I just got told they were building the car after I got a VIN

I guess until you have the car, it can always be delayed, as I discovered several times :(

But now I have the car so I don't give a shiiiiiiiiite :D

True enough, I wasn't told a production week, I just got told they were building the car after I got a VIN

I guess until you have the car, it can always be delayed, as I discovered several times :(

But now I have the car so I don't give a shiiiiiiiiite :D

Lol, bastard.

I'm going to give the dealer a call tomorrow and try and get some more definite info. I'm selling my i3 privately so I'll need to have something solid.

Dealer said they could lease me a car to bridge the gap but they're looking €150 a week!

Wouldn't be a disaster if it was only a week but feck me if it got delayed 2 months I'd be snookered.

Would be cheaper to just buy an oul banger and run it for a month or 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Lovely car, am half regretting not getting alloys now.
    Ordered a set of the replacement wheel covers with the black on them in Germany - they will do for now.

Thanks dude. Last year I was considering going for a Life and buying alloys to put on it. The jump in price for the specs are insane, I think, but paying my own down further and the 0% meant I was able to justify going for the Family.

Patmwgs wrote: »
    I am advising someone on the eo mini pro who has solar, did they give you the ct clamp for this?
    He is going with electric ireland

I have no clue, to be honest. I'm guessing not if I haven't seen it? But when I was ordering one of the questions was whether I had solar or not so maybe that's where it would come up.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Lol, bastard.

:D
    I'm going to give the dealer a call tomorrow and try and get some more definite info. I'm selling my i3 privately so I'll need to have something solid.

Dealer said they could lease me a car to bridge the gap but they're looking €150 a week!

Wouldn't be a disaster if it was only a week but feck me if it got delayed 2 months I'd be snookered.

Would be cheaper to just buy an oul banger and run it for a month or 2.

Yeah it's a tricky one to judge. Originally I was planning to sell my Leaf privately but in the end my wife decided to trade in her old ICE banger for a few euros (the car needed about €1000 of work and was worth €250 :rolleyes:)

We ended up trading her car in early as the tax was due and we only had the Leaf for about 6 weeks until the ID.4 arrived

Luckily we're both WFH so it wasn't too bad, but if we were commuting it would have gotten tricky

If you're able to take a chance, you could put the i3 up for sale as soon as the car lands in Ireland. It took just under 2 weeks for me to get the keys after that so it might be enough time for a quick sale before the ID.3 arrives

Having said that there's another ID.4 which we're pretty sure was on the same boat as mine and still hasn't been delivered

Another option would be to get a loan to cover the finance gap and sell the i3 afterwards to pay off the loan. Could go badly wrong however if you don't get a quick sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

On my trip to Dublin. Screen touch controls have stopped working, can't turn on ac. Is this likely to start working again or is it fecked?

Problem seemed to be related to having phone charging and connectedcto blue tooth, caused the touch screen controlls to stop working. Turning off blue tooth in phone sorted issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

On my trip to Dublin. Screen touch controls have stopped working, can't turn on ac. Is this likely to start working again or is it fecked?

If you hold down the power button under the screen for a few seconds it will reboot the screen. Not sure if that'll work when driving though.

Use the ID Assistant to turn on the air con if you need it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

slave1 wrote: »

attachment.jpg

Is it only from Family edition upwards there is a choice of wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

yabadabado wrote: »

Yes.
    The Life and Business models come with steel wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Took one for a test drive today. Very impressed with the ride and more spacious than I’d imagined too.

The test car was a 1st but they’re not available anymore so trying to figure out what trim suits best. At the risk of sounding stupid, is the Business trim only for commercial customers? And is the Style not available anymore?

I’m testing an e-Niro and possibly an ioniq tomorrow. I feel like they’ll pale in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

There's firsts available alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

yabadabado wrote: »

When I was looking at them up to three weeks ago, the Style was the cheapest option with alloys. The way I looked at it was that there was the Life, then that split two ways - to the Business for tech stuff, and to the Style for design stuff - and those two then came together at the Family. Looks like the Style is limited stock now.
    remoteboy wrote: »
    Took one for a test drive today. Very impressed with the ride and more spacious than I’d imagined too.

The test car was a 1st but they’re not available anymore so trying to figure out what trim suits best. At the risk of sounding stupid, is the Business trim only for commercial customers? And is the Style not available anymore?

I’m testing an e-Niro and possibly an ioniq tomorrow. I feel like they’ll pale in comparison.

Don't worry, I had the same initial thought about the Business but, no, it's available to all. I think it's a silly name for that reason.

I have never driven an e-Niro. I drove an Ionic about 18 months ago and feel the ID.3 beats that one in pretty much every single aspect. Will be interesting to hear what you think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I'm a bit late to see this timsey tiger. Did it sort itself out? Think it happened to me once when car was new but came back on after I turned off car and switched back on.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If you hold down the power button under the screen for a few seconds it will reboot the screen. Not sure if that'll work when driving though.

Use the ID Assistant to turn on the air con if you need it though.

Tried that and getting out and locking car, app wasn't working. Had to stop charge at the charger. Nothing worked until phone bluetooth was switched off.

Tried that and getting out and locking car, app wasn't working. Had to stop charge at the charger. Nothing worked until phone bluetooth was switched off.

Do you use Android auto? I wonder did it cause the infotainment to freeze

Do you use Android auto? I wonder did it cause the infotainment to freeze

Yes android auto, on both phones in car at the time, but not in use. Definately something between the phones an the car messed it up.

Just spoke to the dealer again. Car is confirmed as week 24 production, he estimates week 28 for delivery which is mid July.

Fingers crossed that's a reliable date, I'll probably list the i3 in a few weeks.

Dealer is only offering €14k for the BMW, but is giving me €2k off list price whether I trade in or go cash deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Looks like we have just bought an ID3 Tour :D

Have been following this thread for a while with a view to our next change, due Aug/Sept, being electric. Knowing lead times being long at the minute and chip shortages causing problems I figured I would email our dealer to put a few figures together and see what we would be looking at.

Dealer promptly came back saying they have a Tour in stock if we were interested as a new order could be into next year and that the Tour they have is one of very few in the country.

Not a colour I would have chosen, Turquoise, but he put together a decent deal for our 1.0TSI Golf HL so that was that.

We regularly enough do a 340km journey every month or two hence looking at the bigger battery as we would like to do that trip non-stop with a bit of a cushion.

Now to look at charge cards and home charger etc. I assume ecars is where to start? Also looking at solar pv in the future so will have to look at home chargers with that in mind.

Any advice, pointers are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

THE ALM wrote: »

Have been following this thread for a while with a view to our next change, due Aug/Sept, being electric. Knowing lead times being long at the minute and chip shortages causing problems I figured I would email our dealer to put a few figures together and see what we would be looking at.

Dealer promptly came back saying they have a Tour in stock if we were interested as a new order could be into next year and that the Tour they have is one of very few in the country.

Not a colour I would have chosen, Turquoise, but he put together a decent deal for our 1.0TSI Golf HL so that was that.

We regularly enough do a 340km journey every month or two hence looking at the bigger battery as we would like to do that trip non-stop with a bit of a cushion.

Now to look at charge cards and home charger etc. I assume ecars is where to start? Also looking at solar pv in the future so will have to look at home chargers with that in mind.

Well ware:).

THE ALM wrote: »

Enjoy, you'll have no problems doing that range with the Tour

If you're looking for a home charger to work with Solar PV, the Zappi is the usual one people go with but there are other options, EO Mini Pro I think has an add-on to integrate with Solar

I think the Turquiose is a really nice colour, my mum got one it it looks fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

Well wear. I saw that car on Carzone alright and wondered.

I really hope we aren’t waiting crazy long for ours.

Fab, quite an owners group at this stage.

How many now between owners and orderers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I see when configuring the car , depending on the interior trim there is an option of PBE or Central Control unit.

What are these and why is it an option on 2 of the 3 trims but all trim is the same price.

Advertisement