Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Wow I bet you didn’t expect to leave with an id3 albeit a bit smaller than you would have wished for. Do the socks come out in the color of you choice in the wash ? ��. Thanks for the great post and update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Irishjg wrote: »
    Wow I bet you didn’t expect to leave with an id3 albeit a bit smaller than you would have wished for. Do the socks come out in the color of you choice in the wash ? ��. Thanks for the great post and update.

Be some feat to make them white tbf..

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

rx8 wrote: »
    Quick update from the Frankfurt motor show....

Firstly it's a bit of a trek to get there. Ryanair changing gate 3 times made us miss the takeoff slot and sit for 30 minutes extra in the plane. So, I probably arrived 2 hours later than planned. Went straight to the VW group hall 3. Place was jammers. Lots of ID3s, different specs and colour schemes. Liked the white and the turquoise, particularly with the black interiors. 20" wheels look really well on it. Feels really nice, haptic feedback buttons on the steering wheel and centre screen. They had a separate big screen demo of the AR Hud, and it looks great.
    Spent a good while looking at all the VW group cars. Seat El Born looks lovely in the Red, but was behind a screen, so couldn't get in to it. I would expect the White/black interior to be very popular. Girls were giving out ID socks or a model car to reservation holders, but managed to get both!! There was no test drives available, but other brands were doing them, including Tesla, but they had stopped by the time I got to F10 area. Most desks had signs saying that they were finished but Kia were still open and I was able to get a spin in the new Kia Xceed. Was brought out by a lovely girl from Kia, expecting to drive slowly around what looked like a set out course, but was guided around and then out of the complex, on to the road and even on to the autobahn. Had the 1.4tsi, top spec auto model and it was beautiful to drive. Took almost 30 minutes before we got back. Well worth doing. Obviously early arrival is essential to get popular EV drives, like Tesla M3 or Jaguar ipace. Sat in to the Tesla and took some pictures and was blown away by it.
    It felt like I walked about 20 miles yesterday ad the place is so vast. Seen lots of vintage cars in another hall and then went to see the Honda e in another. It's kind of quirky outside, but is stunning inside. Lots of people looking at it, really nice in the graphite colour. Dashboard is really nice. Went in to the Mercedes hall but was full of men in suits,so took a quick few pictures and came back out. Overall was a long day, but I was prepared for that. Left just before 7 pm as it was winding up and went in to the shopping centre opposite and then back to the airport about 10. Had a few beers and a kip and then down to the gate for 5.25. Would have liked to spend a few days in Frankfurt and visit the show a couple of times to see much more but was happy enough with seeing the cars I was interested in. Sorry for the long post..

Thanks for the update. I'm staying there for 2days so looking forward to visiting the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,164 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Be some feat to make them white tbf..

What did you think of the moonstone grey ID colour in the flesh?

Thanks for the update. I'm staying there for 2days so looking forward to visiting the show.

Do yourself a favour, get a taxi from the airport,and get to the show early if you want to book a test drive in area F10. Maybe even try to book an early slot for the next morning! Really well worth doing. There's also an off-road Parcours course which had big queues so,I didn't even try to get a drive in there. Great to watch though.

• Advertisement

What did you think of the moonstone grey ID colour in the flesh?

The Grey is actually quite nice, but while it wouldn't be my choice, the Grey/Black combination is way better than the Grey/Orange one in the picture above.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

No fog lights? Can't see on any pictures.

I have a bad feeling about the price. Seen somewhere 1st will be 40k, 1st plus 46 and 1st max 50k...if that is true that is ridiculous...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

kris_2021 wrote: »
    No fog lights? Can't see on any pictures.

I have a bad feeling about the price. Seen somewhere 1st will be 40k, 1st plus 46 and 1st max 50k...if that is true that is ridiculous...

Fog lights are normally integrated into the LED / Matrix headlights. I assume it will be the same for the ID.3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

• Registered Users Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Long range version for €40k might have me interested, I take it that's for the crappy spec one.

• Advertisement

gooner99 wrote: »
    I somehow doubt that rte knows the prices.

Do yourself a favour, get a taxi from the airport,and get to the show early if you want to book a test drive in area F10. Maybe even try to book an early slot for the next morning! Really well worth doing. There's also an off-road Parcours course which had big queues so,I didn't even try to get a drive in there. Great to watch though.
    Thx, I’ll try took it for Sunday morning. My hotel s just around corner from the messe.

Thx, I’ll try took it for Sunday morning. My hotel s just around corner from the messe.

Look out for the VW hostess girls,they're the ones giving out the ID socks and model cars to reservation holders. Some will ask to see the email to confirm, some won't. That's how I managed to get both. ;) Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

gooner99 wrote: »

It also claims that the short range version goes on sale late this year. I think it is safe to conclude that we've waited our time reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

That article is written by RTE's motoring editor Donal Byrne who for those not familiar with him, let's just say he has form when it comes to electric vehicles and factual articles.

Edit: See old thread here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057702044

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

That article is written by RTE's motoring editor Donal Byrne who for those not familiar with him, let's just say he has form when it comes to electric vehicles and factual articles.

Edit: See old thread here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057702044

He changed the article after doing the original version that got criticised.

The version that's there now isn't THAT off the wall.

But I can see from comments on the thread that it got changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

The "Hello everyone and thanks for hanging out with me" youtube guy posted a video about the ordering process in Germany. He waffles on more than Bjorn.. but from what he said:

He got an email from Volkswagen on September 10th (day after official reveal) to say that from September 11th until October 9th he could visit dealership to select the colour (4 available) and the line (1, 2 or 3).

1st edition German prices:
    Line 1: under €40k
    Line 2: under €46k
    Line 3: under €50k

These prices are before incentives are subtracted. In Germany that means €2k less when you buy it and another €2k from the government later.

After selection, he can still cancel right up until April 2020.

I guess nothing that hasn't already been written about here. No news at all from VW Ireland.

("Battery Life" is the youtube channel - not going to post the long boring video!)

You mean there's worse than than the horror of watching food fall out of Bjorn's mouth as he talks on camera while eating ?

You mean there's worse than than the horror of watching food fall out of Bjorn's mouth as he talks on camera while eating ?

😂😂😂😂

Probably no point VW doing anything until after the 8th of October here. They drop the bik limit to the 40k or get rid of it that'll end a lot of pre orders.
    Meanwhile Leo is over telling US banks they should stop supporting fossil fuel businesses. I'd say they'll laugh their heads off at him later after a few drinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

😂😂😂😂

Shieeetttttt. I love Bjorn he’s a legend

Probably no point VW doing anything until after the 8th of October here. They drop the bik limit to the 40k or get rid of it that'll end a lot of pre orders.
    Meanwhile Leo is over telling US banks they should stop supporting fossil fuel businesses. I'd say they'll laugh their heads off at him later after a few drinks.

There was also proposal drafted during the summer to reshuffle the VRT. Basically you pay less VRT for more eco friendly cars i.e. electric.
    So if you purchase an electric car the VRT could be 7%
    SIMI Ireland are on board with these proposals also as they are trying to kerb the increase of 2nd hand cars bought in the UK
    Hopefully we see a step in the right direction in the upcoming Budget

Can't see Pascal loosing any revenue in this budget. If he drops the VRT band he'll probably drop the bik upper limit to make up for it. Have no faith in that man having anything to do with public finances.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Can't see Pascal loosing any revenue in this budget. If he drops the VRT band he'll probably drop the bik upper limit to make up for it. Have no faith in that man having anything to do with public finances.

My guess is that if he drops the VRT to 7% (as recommended) he'll tweak the €5k VRT exemption to counter it.

There will be no giveaway budget but he'll be under intense pressure if he dodges the carbon tax again this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

They will give no more benefits....

They will go after diesel and up the tax on it per ltr like they where supposed to do last year. Last year it was 3c by all acoounts, will they go with 3c again or jump to 5c??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

There was also proposal drafted during the summer to reshuffle the VRT. Basically you pay less VRT for more eco friendly cars i.e. electric.
    So if you purchase an electric car the VRT could be 7%
    SIMI Ireland are on board with these proposals also as they are trying to kerb the increase of 2nd hand cars bought in the UK
    Hopefully we see a step in the right direction in the upcoming Budget

"they are trying to kerb the increase of 2nd hand cars bought in the Uk".

Hmmmm - how many of these cars come via SIMIs own members .

SIMIs issue isn't UK imports - it's people sourcing cars themselves and thus the membership don't get a cut from the purchase.

Off topic I know but I wish SIMI would look at how to make their own offering better rather then how to discourage people going to UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

coward wrote: »
    The "Hello everyone and thanks for hanging out with me" youtube guy posted a video about the ordering process in Germany. He waffles on more than Bjorn.. but from what he said:

He got an email from Volkswagen on September 10th (day after official reveal) to say that from September 11th until October 9th he could visit dealership to select the colour (4 available) and the line (1, 2 or 3).

1st edition German prices:
    Line 1: under €40k
    Line 2: under €46k
    Line 3: under €50k

These prices are before incentives are subtracted. In Germany that means €2k less when you buy it and another €2k from the government later.
    No news at all from VW Ireland.
    unfortunately I wish that were true....

Capture.jpg

I received the above from VW Ireland, confirming that VW Ireland are increasing the prices in Ireland by about EUR3000 without any justification whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Lol. €40k after grants for the base spec mid range model, go and shíte VW.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I was told two months ago prices of all cars were going up, think I posted it here at the time. Something to do with WLTP compliance.

• Advertisement

Why is that ? that's unreal ?

The id.3 is becoming more of a disappointment .

Advertisement