Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anyone have Android Auto working wirelessly on the ID3 First with 2.1?

I thought I needed to use a cable but thought I saw something on another site saying it should work wirelessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Thanks for the good wishes, looking forward to getting it alright. The 0% swung as the dealer couldn't say whether that would continue after end of July.

Say I'm between the Zappi and IO mini alright. Will have to speak to the electrician and see if we can run it from the meter box which would be handier otherwise we are running a long cable from the consumer unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Does anyone have Android Auto working wirelessly on the ID3 First with 2.1?

I thought I needed to use a cable but thought I saw something on another site saying it should work wirelessly.

I have a Samsung s10e with Android 11 and it works wirelessly without too many problems.

I have a Samsung s10e with Android 11 and it works wirelessly without too many problems.

I've a P30 Pro and I don't seem to be given an option to use it wirelessly. It is on Android 10 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

THE ALM wrote: »
    Thanks for the good wishes, looking forward to getting it alright. The 0% swung as the dealer couldn't say whether that would continue after end of July.

Say I'm between the Zappi and IO mini alright. Will have to speak to the electrician and see if we can run it from the meter box which would be handier otherwise we are running a long cable from the consumer unit.

I just got one installed this week and the electrician said they have been given the go-ahead to go onto the meter box as of two weeks ago. That was KN Networks who install for Electric Ireland.

Congrats on the car by the way, just got mine a couple of days ago and it's receiving very positive reactions from anyone who sees it in the flesh, and particularly those who have driven it. It's very fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

new motor. 1st plus. picked it up today
    554357.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭McGiver

DrPhilG wrote:
    Dealer is only offering €14k for the BMW, but is giving me €2k off list price whether I trade in or go cash deposit.

What's the final price then if I may ask?

ID3 Tour 5, I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I've a P30 Pro and I don't seem to be given an option to use it wirelessly. It is on Android 10 though.

It refuses to work on my Huawei running 10. My son got into the car with his Samsung running 11 and it worked right off the bat. He didn't need to do anything but connect wirelessly.

It refuses to work on my Huawei running 10. My son got into the car with his Samsung running 11 and it worked right off the bat. He didn't need to do anything but connect wirelessly.

I thought it was the phone alright. I'll make do for the moment but when switching I'll be making sure whatever phone I get works wirelessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

See divanes in kerry advertising manganese grey tour for 38k including 4 k scrappage. If that bore out its much less than my deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

fits wrote: »
    See divanes in kerry advertising manganese grey tour for 38k including 4 k scrappage. If that bore out its much less than my deal!

Must have been listening to the Healy Rae's and assumed whoever bought would end up pushing it up a hill

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Was a bit pee’d off last night to learn that the inbuilt sat nav doesn’t recognise eircodes like the eGolf did. I use them a lot when going to new places.
    I know I can use an app on my phone and Apple CarPlay but it’s not the same.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Also, is it only “We Connect ID” that works with the car? I couldn’t get the We Connect app to take the vin no of the ID3.
    Much better features on We Connect (when it worked!!)

id3 1st doesn't have wireless phone charging? :(

My phone also doesn't connect wirelessly to android auto.(moto g7) Have to plug it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

ewj1978 wrote: »
    new motor. 1st plus. picked it up today
    554357.jpeg

Hi

Snap.
    view?usp=sharing

Picked up my 1st plus also yesterday. Think mine needs an update or two ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z3tzS2oOi0KJxFids5pb-yY4Sp1zZ9gg/view?usp=sharing
    hardware: H20
    Software: 0792

Yes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

J_R wrote: »
    Hi

Snap.
    view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z3tzS2oOi0KJxFids5pb-yY4Sp1zZ9gg/view?usp=sharing

Yes ?

0792 is the 2.1 newest software.

@THE ALM, Sent you a PM about a Zappi and Solar installer.
    DrPhilG will confirm that they are a genuine bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

fits wrote: »

I saw that in carzone, it looks like the clickbait edition of the tour 5 with its 4 seats, HUD, and 58kWh battery...

I haven't been able to get much if any discount on the tour 5 list price (other dealers) and still waiting to see if I can get one in July. It's not looking likely.

rx8 wrote: »

Hi,
    Browsed this thread and found
    v2.1 is build 0794 and v2.0 is 0783

?

Have contacted salesman, he says was updated and he will check with technicians Monday

id3 1st doesn't have wireless phone charging? :(

My phone also doesn't connect wirelessly to android auto.(moto g7) Have to plug it in.

My phone Pixel 3A XL connects OK.

Connected car to house WiFi. Refused at first because of security, but set up "Guest" and set Security to WPA2-PSK ( Virgin Media on Hub 3) and connected fine.

Car, everything appears to work fine no issues.

My phone Pixel 3A XL connects OK.

Connected car to house WiFi. Refused at first because of security, but set up "Guest" and set Security to WPA2-PSK ( Virgin Media on Hub 3) and connected fine.

Car, everything appears to work fine no issues.

why connect car to house wifi? probably a dumbass question..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Hi,
    Browsed this thread and found

?

Have contacted salesman, he says was updated and he will check with technicians Monday

Definitely 0792,is the latest version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

@rx8, got that thanks, reply sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

Must have been listening to the Healy Rae's and assumed whoever bought would end up pushing it up a hill

He is the proud owner of petrol pumps and supermarket in kerry. Bad for business these electric toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Hi

Snap.
    view?usp=sharing

Yes ?

Looks great, best wishes with car.
    Are VW still offering any of the first movers perks with the 1st cars?

Definitely 0792,is the latest version.

Owe Salesman abject apology

eagerv wrote: »
    Looks great, best wishes with car.
    Are VW still offering any of the first movers perks with the 1st cars?
    Hi,

I believed I was getting the RFID €600 card, but left envelope with all docs behind so don't know for sure.

Hi,

I believed I was getting the RFID €600 card, but left envelope with all docs behind so don't know for sure.

I asked was it still valid and the salesman said he believed no. While there he asked me to sign up to the we connect app so to connect the car and the we charge card bit came up.
    Showed him the options 1: 0 fee and 73c 2: 0 fee and 30c with €600 free,
    he said if it works go for it.

waiting for the card in the post..

I asked was it still valid and the salesman said he believed no. While there he asked me to sign up to the we connect app so to connect the car and the we charge card bit came up.
    Showed him the options 1: 0 fee and 73c 2: 0 fee and 30c with €600 free,
    he said if it works go for it.

waiting for the card in the post..

Hi,

Thanks for that.

Had already installed the app, but did not fully read the sign-up options. My card now also in post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Patmwgs wrote: »
    He is the proud owner of petrol pumps and supermarket in kerry. Bad for business these electric toys.

Pretty sure that family has most of the businesses in Kerry sewn up at this point, either own them or have the owners in their pocket :(

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

Quick one. When people plug in at home what charging time are they seeing?
    Plugged in there with 14% left and it's saying 12.5hrs to full?
    Wtf?
    Mines the 58kwh version.
    Homecharger is an esb 7.4kw

Advertisement