Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Quick one. When people plug in at home what charging time are they seeing?
    Plugged in there with 14% left and it's saying 12.5hrs to full?
    Wtf?
    Mines the 58kwh version.
    Homecharger is an esb 7.4kw

Do you have a tethered or untethered charger? If untethered are you using the supplied charging cable from vw? I have a tethered chargers and I get ~48 km/hr. so from 18% it would take about 4 hours to hit 80%. what are you seeing it charged at speed wise in the app or dash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

ddarcy wrote: »
    Do you have a tethered or untethered charger? If untethered are you using the supplied charging cable from vw? I have a tethered chargers and I get ~48 km/hr. so from 18% it would take about 4 hours to hit 80%. what are you seeing it charged at speed wise in the app or dash?

24km/hr.
    I plugged in my Kia soul cable and it's now charging at 47km/hr.

Plugged the VW cable into the Kia, which handily shows the charge rate, and the cable is only providing 4.5KW.

I thought it might be only a 3.6cable but this makes no sense to me now

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

24km/hr.
    I plugged in my Kia soul cable and it's now charging at 47km/hr.

Plugged the VW cable into the Kia, which handily shows the charge rate, and the cable is only providing 4.5KW.

I thought it might be only a 3.6cable but this makes no sense to me now

The vw supplied cable isn’t great. Its not bad, but by being 16 amps you’ll only get half what you think. Is not an issue on 22kw chargers as the max ac charge is 11kw/hr.
    I think they went the cheaper route because they gave the granny charger as well. The eSoul seem to get a 32 amp cable and no granny charger, but I could be wrong here (Peugeot/Renault do this). So that could explain what you’re seeing.

the soul one is a 32A single phase as the car can only take 7.2max.
    Aye searching the thread it looks like my car came with the 16A 3 phase. Great for in town, ****e for home. I'll contact VW on monday and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

Aye searching the thread it looks like my car came with the 16A 3 phase. Great for in town, ****e for home. I'll contact VW on monday and see what happens.

It should have come with a 32 amp cable with 450/750volt 5g6., 0+1×0.5 wrote on the outer sheath. It would charge at 40kmh plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Quick one. When people plug in at home what charging time are they seeing?
    Plugged in there with 14% left and it's saying 12.5hrs to full?
    Wtf?
    Mines the 58kwh version.
    Homecharger is an esb 7.4kw

Have you got a charging location set for home? I noticed that the car will charge really slowly (8km/h) if I've a location set for home

When I deleted the location I was getting 32km/h

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

AFAIK all the 1st models came with a 16A 3 Phase cable. Not great. Our charger is tethered so get the full 7.2kW.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Have you got a charging location set for home? I noticed that the car will charge really slowly (8km/h) if I've a location set for home

When I deleted the location I was getting 32km/h

There is a setting called reduced AC charging which you probably had turned on by mistake in that location profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

KCross wrote: »
    There is a setting called reduced AC charging which you probably had turned on by mistake in that location profile.

I don't think it's that simple.

I have a theory... I think that when you set a location and start a charge for the first time, the car sees 1.6kW as the rate for that location. Because most(all?) chargers start around that figure and ramp up from there. The car doesn't see the full rate because it has already lodged 1.6kW as the rate.

The delayed charging only works via my Zappi if I delete all locations in the car, then it works perfectly. If I have a location set, but no timers, it will not go beyond the 1.6kW charge level, even though the Zappi wants to give it more.

KCross wrote: »

No I definitely didn't, I even tried toggling it on and off to make sure

I think it's whatever algorithm the timed charging works off of. If you start the charge early it seems to assume it has until the departure time and charges slowly as a result

It doesn't seem to get the idea that if you started the charge early you might want the car charged ASAP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

For the techie within.. There are a couple of github projects out there from users that make use of the VW API (as used by the We Connect ID app, I imagine). They do a bit more than I wanted - which was to just issue the start-charging request.

After a bit of time, I now have a python script triggered by a nightly cronjob after 12 that issues the start-charging request (only if car status indicates charging cable is plugged in). Now all I have to do is stop the charging from the app after I plug in and the script will start it again after midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

coward wrote: »
    For the techie within.. There are a couple of github projects out there from users that make use of the VW API (as used by the We Connect ID app, I imagine). They do a bit more than I wanted - which was to just issue the start-charging request.

After a bit of time, I now have a python script triggered by a nightly cronjob after 12 that issues the start-charging request (only if car status indicates charging cable is plugged in). Now all I have to do is stop the charging from the app after I plug in and the script will start it again after midnight.

I played with one of those last year too. It worked fine.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115735959&postcount=6373

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mikeucc

Quick question about android auto on the ID.3

Does it require Android 11, can get my phone to connect (Running android 10 OS) ?

mikeucc wrote: »
    Quick question about android auto on the ID.3

Does it require Android 11, can get my phone to connect (Running android 10 OS) ?

I've a OnePlus 3T which is nearly 5 years old and it works over a wired connection

It's not brilliant however, newer phones should be able to handle it better

For wireless connections, I believe you'll need a newish phone and Android 11

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Can only comment on Apple Car Play but wireless connection is great so far, no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Just wondering whether people bought their ID3s on PCP and if so what kind of GMFV they’re putting against them?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

remoteboy wrote: »
    Just wondering whether people bought their ID3s on PCP and if so what kind of GMFV they’re putting against them?

€14,123 on my ID3 First.

From 16289-22232 depending on monthly repayments.
    I've a spreadsheet done up if you want a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

How does this sound,

12 months left on my current term on a golf petrol high spec, settlement value of 14,800, monthly payments of 450 ish.

VW offering me 21k trade in for an ID3 400km range, monthlys of 389, and gmfv of 17k. No additional deposit required, 0% apr

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How does this sound,

12 months left on my current term on a golf petrol high spec, settlement value of 14,800, monthly payments of 450 ish.

VW offering me 21k trade in for an ID3 400km range, monthlys of 389, and gmfv of 17k. No additional deposit required, 0% apr

What model is the ID3? Obviously it has the 58KW battery but is it a Life/Business spec etc?

• Advertisement

I believe it was the Style

Edit, it may have been the Life, will confirm in a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

I believe it was the Style

Edit, it may have been the Life, will confirm in a bit

15,340€ on our life base model

Patmwgs wrote: »
    15,340€ on our life base model

What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I'd say he probably means the GMFV figure, to buy out the car at the end of the PCP/ID Plan term.

Mine is €20,373 on a 1st Plus model.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

rx8 wrote: »
    I'd say he probably means the GMFV figure, to buy out the car at the end of the PCP/ID Plan term.

Mine is €20,373 on a 1st Plus model.

Mine is €18,875 on a Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

€18,829 GMV on a Tour 5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Thanks all. I’ve been offered just over 17k GMFV on a Business and waiting to hear back on a 1st plus. Certainly takes the sting out of things. The 0% PCP is a ridiculously good offer. The stars are starting to align.

Sounds like if I have a life model, I need to get my gmfv down, the numbers don't make sense to me.

Deposit 7k
    Monthly 390e (14k total)
    Gmfv 17k

Total 38k, seems high for a life right?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Sounds like if I have a life model, I need to get my gmfv down, the numbers don't make sense to me.

Deposit 7k
    Monthly 390e (14k total)
    Gmfv 17k

That sounds high, just checked and I was quoted €17,500 gmv for a family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

Deposit 7k
    Monthly 390e (14k total)
    Gmfv 17k

List price before metallic paint is 32k, sounds like you're being taken for a ride with that price

Advertisement