Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Does that mean one should wait before placing an order on an existing ID.3 model?
    Also, any clue which dealers might give a discount and do they give the discount only on an all cash deal? I'm going to use the 0% APR offer.

I'd say if 2.3 is coming shortly then a car ordered now would likely come with it installed.

I was offered the discount both when trading in or with a cash deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I'd say if 2.3 is coming shortly then a car ordered now would likely come with it installed.

I was offered the discount both when trading in or with a cash deposit.

Who did you purchase from in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Does that mean one should wait before placing an order on an existing ID.3 model?
    Also, any clue which dealers might give a discount and do they give the discount only on an all cash deal? I'm going to use the 0% APR offer.

You should get the update via OTA, no need to visit the dealership, so it doesn't make a difference

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

You should get the update via OTA, no need to visit the dealership, so it doesn't make a difference

I'm back in a replacement ID.3 while they try to get the 2.1 update sorted on my car. This is the 5th attempt since the start of March.

The thought of the car getting along with a 2.3 over the air update touches my sceptical nerve. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Have my car a week today and must say, am impressed by it.
    Setting climate etc I feel, is still a bit silly - have to click it then turn it on and then set it the way you want all by using touchscreen - not ideal when you are on your own. Bring back a few on / off / adjuster knobs!! And its illegal to use a mobile phone when driving - this is worse!!
    Still its a lovely comfortable car to travel in, went to Galway on Saturday and started off with 19% (Spur of the moment decision) 16 mins at a 150kWh charger while we had a sandwich got me >200kms and enough to get me there and back with ease. Met 4 more in a few minutes there as well. Impressed with the charging speed too - 78.2kW for the time i was there.

Averaging 14kWh/100km so far which is a mix of motorway and town driving and 415kms from full, I only had to charge it once at home since i got it! Was at work yesterday, working from home today and in the office tomorrow and Friday and i reckon i won't have to charge it until Friday night. With the eGolf you had to charge it so much more frequent.

My new wheel trims are due today too, can't wait!

It's still not a golf though!!

554736.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Setting climate etc I feel, is still a bit silly - have to click it then turn it on and then set it the way you want all by using touchscreen - not ideal when you are on your own. Bring back a few on / off / adjuster knobs!! And its illegal to use a mobile phone when driving - this is worse!!
    Still its a lovely comfortable car to travel in, went to Galway on Saturday and started off with 19% (Spur of the moment decision) 16 mins at a 150kWh charger while we had a sandwich got me >200kms and enough to get me there and back with ease. Met 4 more in a few minutes there as well. Impressed with the charging speed too - 78.2kW for the time i was there.

Averaging 14kWh/100km so far which is a mix of motorway and town driving and 415kms from full, I only had to charge it once at home since i got it! Was at work yesterday, working from home today and in the office tomorrow and Friday and i reckon i won't have to charge it until Friday night. With the eGolf you had to charge it so much more frequent.

My new wheel trims are due today too, can't wait!

It's still not a golf though!!

554736.jpg

I really like that colour. I'd be picking that one if I was buying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Should be picking up the Tour in the morning, finalised paperwork with dealer yesterday and took it for a spin, impressive enough for the short time I had it.

Will be taking it on a 340km (one way) journey at the weekend so will have plenty of time to see how it performs, can't wait. That journey is from Athlone to the North Coast of Co. Antrim which I would normally do via Cavan, Maguiresbridge then onto the A4/M1 so a good mix of driving.

Just have to wait on an electrician to see about putting in a charger. He is actually doing a ev charging course next week so should be well up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Top spec ID3 is €43,875 but most dealers will give you at least €1k off that and also waive the OTR charge, so less than €43k cash.

Tesla Model 3 SR+ is €48,990 and Tesla don't do haggling.

So the Tesla is more than €6k more expensive, and is only 55kWh compared to 77kWh.

It's a 5k difference, list price. What you may or may not make off the price is irrelevant.

Fair point on the range but the model 3 is superior in terms of performance, space, software. Different league.

Anyway I'm no Tesla fanboy, just disagree with the price that VW charge to spec the car even in a minor way. That's common to all VWs though.

It's a 5k difference, list price. What you may or may not make off the price is irrelevant.

If theorising, yes. If looking at the practicality of actually purchasing, it's the most important thing.

What is more relevant when actually buying a car, the list price or the actual price?

Agree that the design of the Tesla is nicer to look at, although how solid the build quality is may be a different story.

Depends what is more important to people. Range or performance. I'd rather pay €6k less for longer range and good performance than €6k more for less range and great performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,034 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

saw a nice ID3 today in ballsbridge black with copper accents and same colour scheme on the alloys,

looked good.

• Advertisement

If theorising, yes. If looking at the practicality of actually purchasing, it's the most important thing.

What is more relevant when actually buying a car, the list price or the actual price?

Agree that the design of the Tesla is nicer to look at, although how solid the build quality is may be a different story.

Depends what is more important to people. Range or performance. I'd rather pay €6k less for longer range and good performance than €6k more for less range and great performance.

For me it's range first. ID.3 Tour wins. The performance of the ID.3, and the e-Niro before it, is more than adequate for my needs. I don't regularly need to get to 100kph in under 6 seconds.

I like a hatchback... ID.3 wins that one.

I do like toys, and the ID.3 wins again.

The ID.3 loses on the software front, no question.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but the rear end view of the Model 3 triggers my gag reflex.

On balance, for me, the ID.3 wins on points, and is better value. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Setting climate etc I feel, is still a bit silly - have to click it then turn it on and then set it the way you want all by using touchscreen - not ideal when you are on your own. Bring back a few on / off / adjuster knobs!!

I just leave it in auto. Do you feel you need to change it evertime you get in?

You have direct access to the temp controls on the buttons below the screen.

On balance, for me, the ID.3 wins on points, and is better value. ;)

That was my point, the last bit especially. Regardless of which car anyone prefers, I don't think it's fair to say that the ID3 is poor value compared to the Tesla.

The front of the Model 3 In my opinion doesn't look great and reminds me of the first Gen Leaf.

Never thought I'd be excited to get new wheel trims on a car!!

554747.jpg
    554748.jpg
    554749.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Those make a huge difference to the car. Are they just clipped on?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Those make a huge difference to the car. Are they just clipped on?

Cheers, bit better looking alright. I didn't realise there was so many different alloys availalble for the ID3 or I would have waited. Looking at some of the online reviews they make very little difference to range.

Yes the same as the original wheel trims - just push them on. Am not putting cable ties on them:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Never thought I'd be excited to get new wheel trims on a car!!

They look great and should be standard!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Looks like it will be the middle of July for my id.3 Tour 5.
    Likewise, dealer is estimating July 16th for my Tour.

Think I ordered around the same time (second week in May) but still waiting for a delivery estimate, hopefully it'll be around the same time.

electricus wrote: »
    Think I ordered around the same time (second week in May) but still waiting for a delivery estimate, hopefully it'll be around the same time.

Spoke to them again today, week 22 at the minute, still showing as in pre-production for week 24 production.

Once it is confirmed as in production I'll list the i3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

ID.3 Life comes in 2 variants (145 HP & 204 HP). Do both have the same range output? The 145 HP is 2k cheaper so just want to know is the difference in performance or range or both?

ID.3 Life comes in 2 variants (145 HP & 204 HP). Do both have the same range output? The 145 HP is 2k cheaper so just want to know is the difference in performance or range or both?

Same range, literally the same hardware underneath, the motor power is limited by software

The difference you'll see is in acceleration, but the lower power version won't be any slouch off the line I'm sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

Same range, literally the same hardware underneath, the motor power is limited by software

The difference you'll see is in acceleration, but the lower power version won't be any slouch off the line I'm sure :)

Thanks mate! I don't drive too fast anyways so guess better to save the 2k :P

Thanks mate! I don't drive too fast anyways so guess better to save the 2k :P

Absolutely, and it's possible that you might be able to unlock the extra power later on via a software update (for a fee). Tesla have been doing this for years and VW have already said they're going to be focused heavily on aftersales digital services

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I spotted a Stonewashed Blue one this morning in Ringsend, looks very nice in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Spoke to them again today, week 22 at the minute, still showing as in pre-production for week 24 production.

Once it is confirmed as in production I'll list the i3.

Why not list it now at a somewhat high price and drop it slowly to see what the market will bear?

If you leave it till the end you might put yourself into panic territory and having to accept a lowball offer because you have to offload.

You never know, you might get an early bite now and sell for better money!

Has anyone here had an issue with their car losing the connection to the mobile network? My car has been unable to connect for the past 2 days, just gives the error below

Has anyone here had an issue with their car losing the connection to the mobile network? My car has been unable to connect for the past 2 days, just gives the error below

I've just got my car back today and that was one of the (many) issues with it. The ICAS 3 module was replaced and it fixed this and other issues.

KCross wrote: »
    Why not list it now at a somewhat high price and drop it slowly to see what the market will bear?

If you leave it till the end you might put yourself into panic territory and having to accept a lowball offer because you have to offload.

You never know, you might get an early bite now and sell for better money!

But if I list it tomorrow, get a quick buyer, then I'd be left for 6 weeks without a car!

Dealer isn't going to cover a loaner for that long. I could buy an old banger and then sell on again but the wife wouldn't drive it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

But if I list it tomorrow, get a quick buyer, then I'd be left for 6 weeks without a car!

Dealer isn't going to cover a loaner for that long. I could buy an old banger and then sell on again but the wife wouldn't drive it.

I would trade her in aswell.

Advertisement