Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Hi folks. What price would you think I could get a new Tour 5 for, with a straight cash deal? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

In ACC what is end of queue preview?
    I've disabled road layout preview and speed limit preview as the car kept phantom braking for roads that I was travelling over/beside..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭eagerv

Back from a trip from home in Co Wexford to Kinsale and then home. Exactly 340km recorded (Same as google maps). Started with 100% indicating 410km and arrived back home with 16%, GOM showing 86km. (Doesn't seem correct? Perhaps allows for buffer below zero?)

Trip showed 1st 170km 13.4kWh/100km, used 41% of battery.
    Overall 340km 13.2kWh/100km.

Weather was ideal, no aircon or heating needed. Approx 13C with wet roads and light rain and slight tailwind on way. Return was dry, about 18C and light headwind. Roads were busy, economical driving with a lot of heavy traffic. Even the faster bits around Cork were speed restricted in places with road works. So 90 -100 most of the time except where there were 80km/h speed limits. Even between the tunnel and Kinsale roundabout about 110 was about the best with the traffic.

Very impressed with the efficiency of the 58kWh with the right conditions, WLTP is reasonably easy to achieve. That run is about the longest I would normally do in a day, great it can be done without charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

DrPhilG wrote: »
    But if I list it tomorrow, get a quick buyer, then I'd be left for 6 weeks without a car!

Right, but list it at a higher price to test the waters.

e.g. If you plan to list it at €16k in a few weeks (just making that up, i've no idea what your car is worth) put it up now instead for €17.5k. If you get a quick buyer then you've got €1.5k more that you didnt know you'd have which you can use to hire a car with some change left over.

If you get no callers then you know where you stand in the market and can work down from there and you've lost nothing.

Personally, I'd rather offload the car early and figure something out for the gap than find that I'm struggling to offload closer to the new car date and then having to sell for a song.... unless you can hold both cars at the same time if needs be?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

KCross wrote: »
    unless you can hold both cars at the same time if needs be?

I could, although insurance would then be tricky. Although isn't insurance basically useless anyway when selling a car privately, if someone test drives it into a tree you're snookered.

I'm waiting for a part to arrive, driver's window motor is buggered. Once that's replaced I'll get it a good valet and list it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

What kind of efficiency are you guys getting recently? I've had the car just over a week. Obviously it's been pretty warm for most of that so air con has been in use. I've just been driving into work and home, and then just general errands and whatever. Based on the last week, I'm using 18.5 kWh/100km, which puts a full battery around 310km. I decided when I bought the car that I would drive it exactly as I've always driven any other car I've owned - no limitations on air con, fast acceleration and hard braking if I feel like it - so I'm not particularly worried, I'm just curious. Also helps massively that I can currently charge for free in work, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

nkay1985 wrote: »
    What kind of efficiency are you guys getting recently? I've had the car just over a week. Obviously it's been pretty warm for most of that so air con has been in use. I've just been driving into work and home, and then just general errands and whatever. Based on the last week, I'm using 18.5 kWh/100km, which puts a full battery around 310km. I decided when I bought the car that I would drive it exactly as I've always driven any other car I've owned - no limitations on air con, fast acceleration and hard braking if I feel like it - so I'm not particularly worried, I'm just curious. Also helps massively that I can currently charge for free in work, of course.

Heavy right foot=less range. If you red light gp it you'll get less range.
    Wltp is based on steady,gentle acceleration, none of the sport mode flooring it.

Getting 390km on gom at 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

ewj1978 wrote: »
    If you red light gp it you'll get less range.

Less range, yes.

More fun, infinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

How much does the complete VW home charger kit cost after the 600e grant?

nkay1985 wrote: »

Very much depends how it is driven. Today for me was a no rush day and got great economy. Drove smoothly and fairly gently, but couldn't have gone much faster with the traffic and speed limits. Even driving the ID.3 economically you are still beating most other traffic at the lights.
    I was happy to do 340 km today with no range anxiety and enough to do a few short trips this evening when I returned home. Had it been colder or if I wanted a bit of fun I probably would have had to charge for a short while.

Makes almost no difference cost wise if you are getting 310 or 410km per fill. Night rate is cheap, or in your case free work charging is very cheap.:D Just handy to know what the car can do if you need to stretch it a bit. After almost 12K km so far, today was the longest trip without charging I have done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/elektroauto/vw-waermepumpe-entschaedigung-kunden-id3-id4/

Vw are refunding €285 for anyone who bought the heat pump option, due to it not been as effective as advertised. See link above in german.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

eagerv wrote: »
    Very much depends how it is driven. Today for me was a no rush day and got great economy. Drove smoothly and fairly gently, but couldn't have gone much faster with the traffic and speed limits. Even driving the ID.3 economically you are still beating most other traffic at the lights.
    I was happy to do 340 km today with no range anxiety and enough to do a few short trips this evening when I returned home. Had it been colder or if I wanted a bit of fun I probably would have had to charge for a short while.

Makes almost no difference cost wise if you are getting 310 or 410km per fill. Night rate is cheap, or in your case free work charging is very cheap.:D Just handy to know what the car can do if you need to stretch it a bit. After almost 12K km so far, today was the longest trip without charging I have done.

Thinking of getting an ID3 as our second EV. I’ve had a LEAF24 for almost 4 years, so I’m familiar with the variables when it comes to range.

To be feasible, going fully electric in the household means that whatever we get has to be capable of the odd long trip (daily commute will be about 150km). By “odd” I mean something around 10 times a year, and by “long” I mean around 300km each way with an overnight before the return trip.

I *think* the ID3 fits the bill, especially going by the range you’re reporting.

Question: did you spec the heat pump in your car? What’s the real world range both with and without the HP?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

Pricing ID3’s, only looking at Life 204 hp version, no finance, paying in full, what kind of straight sale pricing did people get ?, so far, can get a new one for 31k ish, including metallic, but only getting started on shopping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fafy wrote: »
    Pricing ID3’s, only looking at Life 204 hp version, no finance, paying in full, what kind of straight sale pricing did people get ?, so far, can get a new one for 31k ish, including metallic, but only getting started on shopping around.

Would you not be as well to keep some of your cash and take the PCP at 0% for the 3 years? Then clear the GMFV at the end.

Patmwgs wrote: »
    https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/elektroauto/vw-waermepumpe-entschaedigung-kunden-id3-id4/

Vw are refunding €285 for anyone who bought the heat pump option, due to it not been as effective as advertised. See link above in german.

As I said all along, based on real life testing it's absolutely not worth the 1200 or so they're asking. I wouldn't even pay 500 Euro's more for it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

At 80% charge and mix of motorway / town driving I’m getting 320kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

You won't get any cash discount so why not take advantage of the 0% PCP rate, set aside the payments and invest the GMFV amount until its time to pay or trade in? Put your cash to work..

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ACAandCTA

Jog501 wrote: »
    You won't get any cash discount so why not take advantage of the 0% PCP rate, set aside the payments and invest the GMFV amount until its time to pay or trade in? Put your cash to work..

I had similar to above - shopped around 3 local dealerships.
    Without trade in,best I got was almost 1,200 off a Style+metallic.

No difference if cash or PCP,so went PCP and will just pay the GFV at end of year 3

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Would you not be as well to keep some of your cash and take the PCP at 0% for the 3 years? Then clear the GMFV at the end.

At 31k, thats nearly 4 grand off list with metallic,(34,210+683 for metallic) so 0% may sound good in theory, but i don’t believe one would pay a total of 31k on pcp, the over all payout,including final payment- to own, would far exceed 31k.

In any event, suits me to pay now, not later on. But understand, cashflow is a consideration as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

At 31k, thats nearly 4 grand off list with metallic,(34,210+683 for metallic) so 0% may sound good in theory, but i don’t believe one would pay a total of 31k on pcp, the over all payout,including final payment- to own, would far exceed 31k.

But how? You get a GMFV of say €15k, you finance €16k on PCP at 0% over 3 years and then at the end of the PCP you pay the GMFV of €15k so your only paying back the €31k.

• Advertisement

But how? You get a GMFV of say €15k, you finance €16k on PCP at 0% over 3 years and then at the end of the PCP you pay the GMFV of €15k so your only paying back the €31k.

Fair enough, its certainly worth considering if thats correct, i can’t dispute that !

Back to original question, anyone get better than 31k on a Life 204hp ? I thought there might be some deals going, with 2nd quarter sales period closing out in a few weeks.

Thinking of getting an ID3 as our second EV. I’ve had a LEAF24 for almost 4 years, so I’m familiar with the variables when it comes to range.

To be feasible, going fully electric in the household means that whatever we get has to be capable of the odd long trip (daily commute will be about 150km). By “odd” I mean something around 10 times a year, and by “long” I mean around 300km each way with an overnight before the return trip.

I *think* the ID3 fits the bill, especially going by the range you’re reporting.

Question: did you spec the heat pump in your car? What’s the real world range both with and without the HP?

Thanks

No, I don't have the heat pump, I don't see the value in it for our climate and for my driving. And as mentioned above it doesn't appear to be giving the range advantage as promised.

Range very much depends upon your driving as I am sure you are aware from your Leaf. 80-100km/h seems to be the sweet spot for my ID.3 and probably most other newer EV's. Being rural that would be typical for a lot of my driving, having little motorways.
    I can get over 300km in the coldest weather here, but not so easy to do. Pre heating the car on a frosty morning makes a big difference and VW aggressively heat the battery when battery temp is below about 5C or so. This may change with further updates, but I think VW would prefer not to. Short cold weather trips will kill range due to the battery heating never turning off.
    Like others, depending on my mood, I often get poorer range, as I enjoy driving the car. But driven sensibly great range is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is the 145hp option new?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Gael23 wrote: »
    Is the 145hp option new?

Relatively new, I think it came out sometime in April

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

All good to go with a short 30min drive back to work. Into cruise control and not a worry through towns and villages, very relaxed. Bigger test at the weekend with the trip north.

Unfortunately the charger in the destination town in knackered by the looks of things and has been for a while. Some installed in the new hotel so will see what the story is there, might be a visit for a nice meal if nothing else.

ID3_1.jpg

ID3_2.jpg

THE ALM wrote: »
    All good to go with a short 30min drive back to work. Into cruise control and not a worry through towns and villages, very relaxed. Bigger test at the weekend with the trip north.

Unfortunately the charger in the destination town in knackered by the looks of things and has been for a while. Some installed in the new hotel so will see what the story is there, might be a visit for a nice meal if nothing else.

ID3_1.jpg

ID3_2.jpg

Colour looks great in the sunlight. Looking forward to more reports..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Relatively new, I think it came out sometime in April

What’s the difference between tour and tour 5

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

One possibility is that he is getting a better discount on the basis that he is a cash buyer.

No doubt, with a 0% PCP deal VW (and VW Bank) are making less money on the deal so are likely to hold the deal closer to RRP.

Going in with cash they can provide their rock bottom price and VW Bank are not holding up their cash.

So, the question is, can you get the 0% PCP deal AND get the car for €31k.
    If you can then you are right but in that case I'd say @fafy needs to bargain for a further discount..... cash buyer should be able to get a better deal than a PCP 0% finance buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Thanks

Depending on how good (or bad) the chargers en route are you might be worth considering the Tour, it should manage 350km in the coldest winter days

Either way, you're likely going to be doing a fast charge somewhere in the middle each direction. It's just a question of whether it's a 15 mins stop or a 35 mins stop

This is assuming you don't have a destination charger. Depending on how well you get along with the people you're visiting, you could look into getting a cheap 7kW charger installed. A few people in the home chargers thread have done that, some have even gotten a utility bill put into their name so they could claim the grant (I wouldn't advocate this of course :))

Having a reliable destination charger could remove or at least seriously reduce the amount of fast charging needed with the 58kWh

The cost of installation would be a lot less than the price jump to the bigger battery so would work out economically as well

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

eagerv wrote: »
    Colour looks great in the sunlight. Looking forward to more reports..

Thanks, will certainly update after the weekend with it.

Advertisement