Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Gael23 wrote: »
    What’s the difference between tour and tour 5

Bit more tech in the Tour and only four seats whereas the Tour 5 adds a seat and looses some of the tech.

What is the general consensus on the service plan? Go with L I assume which includes a set of tyres which I would imagine you would go through handy enough with the torque and going through the rear tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 MeadowMaker

With the PCP , if his circumstances changed in 2 years and he wanted to sell, would it be a better insurance policy to buy with cash now if he has it. What would’ve the penalty to end the pcp early?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭eagerv

THE ALM wrote: »
    What is the general consensus on the service plan? Go with L I assume which includes a set of tyres which I would imagine you would go through handy enough with the torque and going through the rear tyres.

I got the good service plan included as a 1st mover. With about 20K per year, I expect to get value from it. Seems well priced if you aren't a 1st mover availing of that option, however I expect VW are relying on not fitting new tyres in many cases..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Anyone have the details on the service pack? I've emailed the dealer for what's included.

• Advertisement

KCross wrote: »
    Why not list it now at a somewhat high price and drop it slowly to see what the market will bear?

If you leave it till the end you might put yourself into panic territory and having to accept a lowball offer because you have to offload.

You never know, you might get an early bite now and sell for better money!

If push comes to shove, WeBuyAnyCar up north are offering £13.3k which is just shy of €15k so €1k more than the dealer is offering for trade. Plus any VRT I'd get back. So worth considering as a last case.

eagerv wrote: »
    I got the good service plan included as a 1st mover. With about 20K per year, I expect to get value from it. Seems well priced if you aren't a 1st mover availing of that option, however I expect VW are relying on not fitting new tyres in many cases..:)

Certainly wouldn't be hard on tyres in general so will have to give it some thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

One possibility is that he is getting a better discount on the basis that he is a cash buyer.

No doubt, with a 0% PCP deal VW (and VW Bank) are making less money on the deal so are likely to hold the deal closer to RRP.

Going in with cash they can provide their rock bottom price and VW Bank are not holding up their cash.

So, the question is, can you get the 0% PCP deal AND get the car for €31k.
    If you can then you are right but in that case I'd say @fafy needs to bargain for a further discount..... cash buyer should be able to get a better deal than a PCP 0% finance buyer.

Agree the price you want to pay for the car, choose the payment method later

There's a 50KWh DC Chademo charger in my local supermarket, can I use this to charge my Id.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

There's a 50KWh DC Chademo charger in my local supermarket, can I use this to charge my Id.3?

Chademo, no.

But are you sure it only has one cable... no CCS? That would be unusual. Who owns/manages the charger? Any company name on it?

• Advertisement

Chademo, no.

But are you sure it only has one cable... no CCS? That would be unusual. Who owns/manages the charger? Any company name on it?

You're right!

It's ESB,

Combo CCS 50 KW 30c per KWh
    Chademo 50 KW 30c per KWh
    Type-2 22 KWh 26c per KWh

So I can charge away on Combo CCS? is there a time limit?
    New to the EV world....

So I can charge away on Combo CCS? is there a time limit?
    New to the EV world....

45 minute time limit, to ensure that it isn't hogged like it was before charging came in.

Go over the 45 minutes and it's a €5 charge.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    45 minute time limit, to ensure that it isn't hogged like it was before charging came in.

Go over the 45 minutes and it's a €5 charge.

Ouch, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Finally! My car is fixed!

It hasn't been right since the 2.1 software update was attempted at the start of March. The ICAS 1 unit had to be replaced and was on back order for a couple of weeks. When this was replaced, the update only partially installed, leaving no total distance covered in the software. The car also wasn't connecting to the internet and no QR code was being generated, so no app.

Meanwhile the dashboard began to creak and the blower fan developed a whine. The brake pedal also became "sticky" :eek:.

While the tech was testing the car to hear the dash creak and feel the brake pedal, another issue became apparent. I was in the passenger seat and my wife was in the back. This was the first time anyone had sat in the back, and the seatbelt beep started to go off, even though my wife was buckled up. It turns out that the seat occupancy sensor was reading the wrong seat and the seatbelt sensors were reversed.

At this point a decision was made to replace the ICAS 3 module as well. With all of the above physical problems sorted, the replacement module fixed the remaining software problems.

The car is now what it should have been all along. It's a pure joy to drive!

I can't wait for the first OTA update.... or can I? :D

A caution for anyone reading this that might be considering an ID.3. Don't let my tale put you off the car, I've been very unlucky. The vast, vast majority of owners aren't experiencing any issues beyond the ID delayed charging issue, and I believe that will be seen to soon.

It speaks volumes for the car that I was prepared to go through so much to get it right. I did almost walk away from it, but I genuinely couldn't find anything that could replace it and get what I wanted from a car.

I just have to build faith in the car again, but I'm sure that will return quickly.

It hasn't been right since the 2.1 software update was attempted at the start of March. The ICAS 1 unit had to be replaced and was on back order for a couple of weeks. When this was replaced, the update only partially installed, leaving no total distance covered in the software. The car also wasn't connecting to the internet and no QR code was being generated, so no app.

Meanwhile the dashboard began to creak and the blower fan developed a whine. The brake pedal also became "sticky" :eek:.

While the tech was testing the car to hear the dash creak and feel the brake pedal, another issue became apparent. I was in the passenger seat and my wife was in the back. This was the first time anyone had sat in the back, and the seatbelt beep started to go off, even though my wife was buckled up. It turns out that the seat occupancy sensor was reading the wrong seat and the seatbelt sensors were reversed.

At this point a decision was made to replace the ICAS 3 module as well. With all of the above physical problems sorted, the replacement module fixed the remaining software problems.

A caution for anyone reading this that might be considering an ID.3. Don't let my tale put you off the car, I've been very unlucky. The vast, vast majority of owners aren't experiencing any issues beyond the ID delayed charging issue, and I believe that will be seen to soon.

It speaks volumes for the car that I was prepared to go through so much to get it right. I did almost walk away from it, but I genuinely couldn't find anything that could replace it and get what I wanted from a car.

I just have to build faith in the car again, but I'm sure that will return quickly.

How many KM had you done on it?
    Could you not have demanded a replacement at this stage?

That should come in the form of raw hard cash from VW considering how patient you have been.

Have they offered something/anything?... free service plan, free anything?

How many KM had you done on it?
    Could you not have demanded a replacement at this stage?

I had done 270 kms before it all kicked off. A replacement car was one of my options, but it would have taken much longer as it would have to be ordered and built, and I was able to drive the car, with it's faults, on and off between repair attempts.

Now that I'm out the other end, I think I did the right thing. The dealership have been fantastic, with very little support from VW Ireland.

Speaking to my dealer this morning he expects to see me a time or two over the next year as issues are ironed out mainly due to the software.

That should come in the form of raw hard cash from VW considering how patient you have been.

Have they offered something/anything?... free service plan, free anything?

VW Ireland have been a disgrace throughout this. The dealer gets the shit piled onto them from the customer and VW Ireland.

The dealer did fill the boot with Autoglym and VW cleaning and detailing products though.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

VW Ireland have been a disgrace throughout this. The dealer gets the shit piled onto them from the customer and VW Ireland.

The dealer did fill the boot with Autoglym and VW cleaning and detailing products though.

Which dealer was it if you don't mind me asking? I'm considering getting one as well :)

• Advertisement

Which dealer was it if you don't mind me asking? I'm considering getting one as well :)

Wexford VW.

mikeucc wrote: »
    Quick question about android auto on the ID.3

Does it require Android 11, can get my phone to connect (Running android 10 OS) ?

Can confirm that a POCO F3 running android 11 connects wirelessly

Just called the insurance company, switching to the ID3 will drop €95 off premium.

Just called the insurance company, switching to the ID3 will drop €95 off premium.

nice, switching made no difference to us although I think we are on a fairly competitive rate.

Its well known that VW drivers are better than BMW drivers! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hi folks was enquiring about ID3 in a few dealers and they all reckon it would be several months before I'd receive an order if I placed it now.

Looking at getting one that's already on a forecourt.
    What price range should I be looking at for a style in manganese grey after grant etc?

Just trying to see what I'm working with before I talk to a dealer.

Have dealers got much room to give discounts?
    This car is already on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I had a similar experience coming from the Leaf, I'm guessing the ID.4 is harder to steal

I assume BMW drivers have to pay a premium due to the indicators being optional on those cars ;)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

yabadabado wrote: »
    Hi folks was enquiring about ID3 in a few dealers and they all reckon it would be several months before I'd receive an order if I placed it now.

Yeah they're all built to order at the moment
    What price range should I be looking at for a style in manganese grey after grant etc?

Best thing to do is read the product guide to get the OTR prices. A dealer car would likely go for a couple of thousand off this price, but they're popular cars so you'll need to be quick

There's also generally a few around from orders that fell through at the last minute

Short answer, no, VW Ireland aren't giving any discounts. Dealer can discount but it comes out of their pocket AFAIK. It'll come down to how desperate for a sale they are

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

yabadabado wrote: »

Best advice, is shop around, make lots of calls, send lots of emails, have been busy getting prices myself, got 3 quotes in today for exact same vehicle, Life ID3 204hp with metallic, highest so far was 33.4k, and lowest was 30.75k,(another was 31k) all straight sale, albeit the lower prices, would be whats instock,so a limited colour choice.

Still, €2,650 is a serious difference, whatever way you look at it, and i am not done yet with getting quotes.

From what i can gather, the 2 lower prices are based on the “limited stock” ID 3 204hp Life, which is 1,800 less, and listed (€32,404 versus €34,210)on VW ID3 current price list, (dated May 24th)and the higher price i received, is based on the full price, its the exact same model.

• Advertisement

Short answer, no, VW Ireland aren't giving any discounts. Dealer can discount but it comes out of their pocket AFAIK. It'll come down to how desperate for a sale they are

Yeah most people have been haggling between €1.5-2.5k off list. Dealer will usually disguise it as extra on a trade.

Mine offered €16k trade on the i3 but then explained that it was actually €14k but he could discount the list by an additional €2k and would still honor that €2k discount if doing cash deposit.

Advertisement