Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

McGiver wrote: »
    So the deal to be had is in Kerry? :)
    Healy-Rae types of dealers, anti-EV.

I’m not sure that’s fair ? I heard they were good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

First long trip. 179km. Average 78kmh.
    16.3kWh/100km.
    4 passengers + luggage. 19c windy weather.
    2nd half to begin..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

ewj1978 wrote: »
    First long trip. 179km. Average 78kmh.
    16.3kWh/100km.
    4 passengers + luggage. 19c windy weather.
    2nd half to begin..

It will be better if you have dumped the passengers and luggage and have a tailwind home...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

McGiver wrote: »
    Would you pm me locations? Seriously interested and 2500 makes a difference!

Me too Me too :D

390km total.
    15.8kWh/100
    Average 85km/h.
    Stopped once at killcullen. Only pulled 52kw on the super fast charger. 49-90%.
    Nice and easy car to do distance in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Only pulled 52kw on the super fast charger. 49-90%.

That's a bit disappointing no?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    That's a bit disappointing no?

You wont get much better when you start with a highish battery %, even if the battery is warm enough.

390km total.
    15.8kWh/100
    Average 85km/h.
    Stopped once at killcullen. Only pulled 52kw on the super fast charger. 49-90%.
    Nice and easy car to do distance in.
    What sort average speed on Motorway and how much of it was Motorway.

eagerv wrote: »
    You wont get much better when you start with a highish battery %, even if the battery is warm enough.

I wouldn't expect the full 125kw starting at 50% but I'd expect better than 52kw.

I wouldn't expect the full 125kw starting at 50% but I'd expect better than 52kw.

Seems to be all or nothing with the ID:p. I did see about 60kW recently with about 35% starting. But below 20% starting, it flies..

• Advertisement

Here's Bjorn's video of the id.4 charging, at around 50% the id.4 was getting around 97 Kw. Hoping the larger Battery id.3 will get much the same but who can trust ESB chargers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

First long drive yesterday evening done. 311km leaving with 85% and arriving with 17% averaging 76km/h and 16.5 kWh/100km.

The various assist systems are a step up from the standard acc, reading speed limits works well swapping from kmh to mph, automatically slowing for sharp bends, junctions and roundabouts.

Still a glitch or two with the touch screen locking up and requiring and power reboot.

All in all impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

THE ALM wrote: »
    First long drive yesterday evening done. 311km leaving with 85% and arriving with 17% averaging 76km/h and 16.5 kWh/100km.

The various assist systems are a step up from the standard acc, reading speed limits works well swapping from kmh to mph, automatically slowing for sharp bends, junctions and roundabouts.

Still a glitch or two with the touch screen locking up and requiring and power reboot.

All in all impressed.

Nice one. What kind of roads were you travelling on?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

I didn’t really consider travel assist when placing order but it sounds like it will be a great thing to have!

Bif wrote: »
    Nice one. What kind of roads were you travelling on?

Good mix from Athlone to north Antrim coast via Cavan and Maguiresbridge heading for the M1 motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Good mix from Athlone to north Antrim coast via Cavan and Maguiresbridge heading for the M1 motorway.

Sounds like a good mix of everyday type driving. Was the car loaded? A/C on?

Bif wrote: »
    Sounds like a good mix of everyday type driving. Was the car loaded? A/C on?

Drove as I normally would alright with the other half and a bit of luggage with AC on the whole way, she is a cold creature and likes the heat. You certainly notice the km drop off on the motorway before coming back going through towns etc.

Nice instant power when overtaking which is great.

The only thing with heading north is the charging infrastructure which is poor enough compared to home, mostly 22kw chargers. The one here is out of order so will be calling the local hotel who have a few to see about plugging in there, will book a table for dinner at the same time so they can get something out of me 😀 otherwise it is a drive to the next nearest.

fits wrote: »
    I didn’t really consider travel assist when placing order but it sounds like it will be a great thing to have!

travel assist should be a blessing on long motorway drives, at least that's what i'm hoping. :D

Just checking if there is an issue with Zappi and charging, seems reading online there might be. Local hotel has 4 Zappi chargers but getting 'charge delayed' error on 2 of them . Seems they are running older firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Just checking if there is an issue with Zappi and charging, seems reading online there might be. Local hotel has 4 Zappi chargers but getting 'charge delayed' error on 2 of them . Seems they are running older firmware.

Zappi is fine with ID.3.

If its saying charge delayed its probably because the Zappi is in Eco+ mode or you have a charge timer enabled in the car.

Put Zappi in "Fast" mode and delete/disable any charge location/timers and it should charge away fine.

• Advertisement

reading speed limits works well swapping from kmh to mph

Hmm, tell me more. I had a demo for a weekend and drove from Donegal to Belfast.

I had the car set to miles as I'm a Philistine.

The dash speed limit display continued to show the speed limit in km regardless of what side of the border I was so when I went North, in a 60 zone it was showing 100 inside the red circle.

Did you experience different results?

KCross wrote: »
    Zappi is fine with ID.3.

If its saying charge delayed its probably because the Zappi is in Eco+ mode or you have a charge timer enabled in the car.

Put Zappi in "Fast" mode and delete/disable any charge location/timers and it should charge away fine.

Thanks KCross. Zappi was on fast charge and actually changed to eco and back to fast. No locations or timers set that I can see unless I am missing something or looking in the wrong place.

Hmm, tell me more. I had a demo for a weekend and drove from Donegal to Belfast.

I had the car set to miles as I'm a Philistine.

The dash speed limit display continued to show the speed limit in km regardless of what side of the border I was so when I went North, in a 60 zone it was showing 100 inside the red circle.

Did you experience different results?

DrPhilG, maybe phrased in wrong. Car set to kmh and continued to show kmh speed signs on the dash when over the border although they would flash up correctly in mph and the car would travel at the correct speed and ignore the kmh shown on the dash.

Back up to the Zappi and plugged in and away it went, temperamental...here's hoping when I go back it is charged.

Avoiding looking at the app as it gave a sycronising error the last time, which I don't know if it was related or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

remoteboy wrote: »
    Took one for a test drive today. Very impressed with the ride and more spacious than I’d imagined too.

The test car was a 1st but they’re not available anymore so trying to figure out what trim suits best. At the risk of sounding stupid, is the Business trim only for commercial customers? And is the Style not available anymore?

I’m testing an e-Niro and possibly an ioniq tomorrow. I feel like they’ll pale in comparison.

So finally got around to testing the Ioniq and the eNiro (plus took another spin in an ID3).

The Ioniq was fine but unremarkable. The brakes were very soft but the dealer said the car had only just arrived in and hadn’t been given the once over. Eco mode was sluggish (like dragging a trailer). Sport mode was nice (if wasteful) and normal mode was grand. The overall experience was kinda pedestrian (if you’ll excuse the pun).

The eNiro was surprisingly good. Expected it to handle poorly, given its size, but really nimble and actually quite fun to drive. Sport mode was great craic. Lots of room in the cabin and the boot and can take a roof rack which is a bonus.

The ID3 (style model this time) was as good as I remember. Fun to drive. More spacious than it looks. Wasn’t mad on the interior though.

I’m really torn between the eNiro and the ID3 at this point. Not a lot to tell between them. Looking at the Family trim on the ID3 so they’re both coming in at a similar price. I liked the design on the ID3 software but found the eNiro more intuitive to use. Lots of thinking to do this weekend.

What sort average speed on Motorway and how much of it was Motorway.

After Kilkenny it's all motorway to Belfast. Kept it set at 112km/h (70 miles)
    Around the n-8: m50 was slow. 60-90km/h
    M1-A1 was grand. 112 the full way.
    Turned off at Lisburn so the last 5miles was town speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Here's Bjorn's video of the id.4 charging, at around 50% the id.4 was getting around 97 Kw. Hoping the larger Battery id.3 will get much the same but who can trust ESB chargers ?

A lot of it seems to depend on your starting SoC, you'll pay a penalty for starting with 50% or more in your battery

I plugged into Ionity with around 60% and was barely getting 60kW, so it isn't an ESB issue

Unfortunately due to the lack of HPCs in Ireland you often have to charge at fairly non ideal locations. Especially since most of them are clustered along a 50km stretch of motorway :(

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

remoteboy wrote: »
    I’m really torn between the eNiro and the ID3 at this point.

I was in the same boat. 2 things that swung it were the extra trim options in the higher spec ID3, and the super sexy 0% finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I was in the same boat. 2 things that swung it were the extra trim options in the higher spec ID3, and the super sexy 0% finance.

Servicing on the E-Niro seems like a bit of a rip off, every year and I think the mileage is quite restrictive

ID.3 has 2 years unlimited mileage between services

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

I actually came on to ask what is the service requirements? And the above answered it.
    So is the services pack worth it if only every 2 years?

Advertisement