Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Has anyone here got a regular base model id3? How do you find the reversing sensor thing ? I used a rear view camera car once and loved the comfort of being able to see that angle, but it's a pricey upgrade on the id3 sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Also: car as WiFi hotspot. I’ve set this up and I’m able to go online with my phone using the car as the hot spot. But…..what’s the story with the data? Is there an allowance per month, and/or is there a charge for it? Seems very handy for running the kids devices on a long journey, but I don’t want any surprise bills!

If you want to use the cars data plan you have to pay for it. It’s done through this crowd...
    https://vw.cubictelecom.com/en/

Not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

jogdish wrote: »
    Has anyone here got a regular base model id3? How do you find the reversing sensor thing ? I used a rear view camera car once and loved the comfort of being able to see that angle, but it's a pricey upgrade on the id3 sadly.

Its fine, works quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

jogdish wrote: »

I have a base 1st with no reversing camera. Thought I would miss it, my last two had one, as does my wifes' Ioniq.

In the ID.3 you sit quite high, with good all around vis. Side back windows are quite large as are the mirrors, so the blind spots are less than many cars. And the sensors all around seem to give accurate warning.
    So at this stage, I don't really miss it. But most of my driving is rural where you would probably use one less. However VW should have included it in all models.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Is now a good time to buy an ID3? I’ve been researching and apparently VW refresh / update cars in the middle of the year usually so I’m wondering if now is a good time.

Any ID car ordered now, and for the last good few weeks will be the 2022 model. They start producing them when the factory gets going again after the summer break. That's next week, so any cars not yet built will be 2022 models. They'll have different features, like area view.

The thought is that the new software, 2.3, will be on the new cars from next week and that there'll be an OTA update for existing ID cars. All speculation, of course, but not long to wait to find out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Trying to add my ID3 to the weconnect app, after I add the VIN, and the select residence, I keep getting oops an error has occurred, please try again.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Trying to add my ID3 to the weconnect app, after I add the VIN, and the select residence, I keep getting oops an error has occurred, please try again.
    Any ideas?

Same here. Lost an hour going round in circles on this this morning. Can’t see anything I’m doing wrong at my end. Only picked up the car yesterday evening, maybe there’s some activation needed at the VW end that hasn’t happened yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Same here. Lost an hour going round in circles on this this morning. Can’t see anything I’m doing wrong at my end. Only picked up the car yesterday evening, maybe there’s some activation needed at the VW end that hasn’t happened yet?

Maybe, got mine yesterday aswel!

I'll try again midweek

Any ideas?

I wouldn't worry too much, IIRC it was day 2 or day 3 before mine worked. Has worked perfectly (If a bit lacking on functions) ever since, for nearly 9 months..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Any ideas?

My mum's took a few goes to get registered, mine worked first time. It seems very unreliable, try it after a while and you can also try moving the car if the signal is bad in your area

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Any ideas?

Can you add it online on myvolkswagen. Don't know if adding here first might make it appear on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

fits wrote: »
    0% won’t last forever. That’s what convinced me anyway.

Same here, wasn't looking to change for an other few months but the finance pushed us over the line.

See the golf we traded now on there site and they are not making much on it compared to what we got for it so didn't get too screwed on that end either.

Cant you register via a QR code in the infotainment? Maybe that would work better since the car generates it?

Worth a try anyway. It was how I did it with the dealer.

KCross wrote: »
    Cant you register via a QR code in the infotainment? Maybe that would work better since the car generates it?

Worth a try anyway. It was how I did it with the dealer.

Yeah, that’s how I’ve been trying it. No joy.

Yeah, that’s how I’ve been trying it. No joy.

Is the car generating a QR code?

That was one of my car's failings. It took a new ICAS 3 module to get it to produce one.

Is the car generating a QR code?

That was one of my car's failings. It took a new ICAS 3 module to get it to produce one.

It’s definitely generating a QR code. When I scan that, the VIN appears in the app. Is that what you mean, or is there a different QR code?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

Just wondering, has anybody managed to get alloy wheels on their ID.3 Life model?
    Don't like those steel wheels at all

It’s definitely generating a QR code. When I scan that, the VIN appears in the app. Is that what you mean, or is there a different QR code?

No, that's the one. Once it's generating that code, it's connecting with the VW servers.

Just wondering, has anybody managed to get alloy wheels on their ID.3 Life model?
    Don't like those steel wheels at all

Do you mean from a dealer before handover? Our dealer wanted €950 for fairly decent looking ones on a Life model. Turned out for €1250 we could get the Style spec instead, so we went for that option. €300 more, but worth it considering what you get in addition to the alloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

If you have another half that will be driving the car also then try using your own details on their phone, it may work that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My trip from Enniscothy to Kilkenny today via Carlow. Very relaxed journey sticking at the speed limit using ACC. Very happy with the efficiency considering I'd motorway from Carlow to Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

Do you mean from a dealer before handover? Our dealer wanted €950 for fairly decent looking ones on a Life model. Turned out for €1250 we could get the Style spec instead, so we went for that option. €300 more, but worth it considering what you get in addition to the alloys.

Thanks. Just wanted to know if dealers are flexible enough with such extras. That's a fairly good deal you got there for a Style spec. Around 34k if I calculated that correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭CoBo55

TitianGerm wrote: »
    My trip from Enniscothy to Kilkenny today via Carlow. Very relaxed journey sticking at the speed limit using ACC. Very happy with the efficiency considering I'd motorway from Carlow to Kilkenny.

Most people hate it but I prefer going over the hills, borris gowran etc it's a much nicer drive, be lovely in an electric car. What would that rate cost per 100km? (16.2)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Everyone here seems to be very happy with their cars. Would it be stupid to buy one and use a local 50kw charger and not get a home charger at all? The missus is grumbling about having a charger at the front of the house...

Thanks. Just wanted to know if dealers are flexible enough with such extras. That's a fairly good deal you got there for a Style spec. Around 34k if I calculated that correctly?

Something like that, yeah. Not sure of the exact final figure because there were so many figures flying around at one stage. The trade in had a little equity in it, and our priority was the keep the monthly payments under €400, so the difference between the Life and Style turned out to be €1250 extra deposit on top of the trade in equity. Decent enough deal. I’d have liked the alloys as an extra on the Life, but at €950, stretching another €300 on top was a very good deal for the bump in spec.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Most people hate it but I prefer going over the hills, borris gowran etc it's a much nicer drive, be lovely in an electric car. What would that rate cost per 100km? (16.2)
    Yea I love that roads as well:). And the ID.3 is in her element.
    Would cost a little over €1 on night rate. Expensive...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Any ID car ordered now, and for the last good few weeks will be the 2022 model. They start producing them when the factory gets going again after the summer break. That's next week, so any cars not yet built will be 2022 models. They'll have different features, like area view.

The thought is that the new software, 2.3, will be on the new cars from next week and that there'll be an OTA update for existing ID cars. All speculation, of course, but not long to wait to find out.

Area view would be huge for me (hate parking with a passion!). Is that just speculation or have they said it’s coming online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Area view would be huge for me (hate parking with a passion!). Is that just speculation or have they said it’s coming online?

Looking at the spec sheet, Area View is on the Tour 5 and not the tour (looking at the tour). Argh!

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Everyone here seems to be very happy with their cars. Would it be stupid to buy one and use a local 50kw charger and not get a home charger at all? The missus is grumbling about having a charger at the front of the house...

Visiting the local charger will get tedious fairly quickly. Don’t do it.

Sound like aestethics of the charge point will be important for you so just get an untethered one that blends in... EO mini springs to mind or possibly the Andersen( very expensive though) and I’m sure there are plenty others that would suit... there must be some discreet spot it could be located at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Michael malone

So left Waterford at 4:30 this morning, headed to Dublin Airport, approx 155km. Had 100% Battery showing 420km range. Arrived at Dublin Airport with 130km range and approx 20% battery, had the acc set for 120, 3 people in car with luggage for 1, air temp 8c. And occasional air con. That was my first long spin. Thought it was a bit energy hungry. Driving a 211 Family spec. Charged up in Dublin had 350km range, got home with range of 114 left. 120kmph all way home.. a bit disappointed with the range on a long spin. Have 4000km on the clock

Advertisement