Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Ready to blow the stack...

Just dug up the commission number from a quotation email from a while back. Entered it onto the VW website and up popped the ID3 in my colour.

But, no VIN number. From what I understand it was to be built this week and once built the VIN would show up.

Next I clicked on vehicle details, and it's a Tour 5 not a Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

DrPhilG wrote: »

Just dug up the commission number from a quotation email from a while back. Entered it onto the VW website and up popped the ID3 in my colour.

But, no VIN number. From what I understand it was to be built this week and once built the VIN would show up.

Sheeite! What are you going to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

When I was waiting for mine to be built there was a stock photo of the car in the right spec and colour on the MyVolkswagen page. The VIN only showed up on the page when the car was going on to the assembly line. I think everything is subject to change until the VIN appears.

I'd get confirmation from the dealer about the spec, using the commission number as a reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Have the car a few days, very happy overall but some minor annoyances :

Volume control needs a dial
    Window control switches to rear to easy
    The lane assist seems excessive
    AC control is too clunky
    Voice control is ****e

Dealer just confirmed. ****ing idiot.

• Advertisement

He's going to contact VW and see if they have one in the system that's not allocated yet that he can swing my way.

So absolutely fuming it's unbelievable. There are not enough swear words in the dictionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah from what I can tell build week and the car being built aren't necessarily in the same week. They might have started production but apparently the VIN isn't assigned until a certain point, I think it might be the chassis completion

As for the Tour 5, you probably want to ring the dealer pronto to make sure they ordered the right one :eek:

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

He's going to contact VW and see if they have one in the system that's not allocated yet.

So absolutely fuming it's unbelievable. There are not enough swear words in the dictionary.

Oh Christ, that's not good :(

They can make changes up to a certain point, if the car is still in early production then there might still be a chance

If we see in the news that a VW dealership in Donegal has caught fire, should we assume they weren't able to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He's going to contact VW and see if they have one in the system that's not allocated yet that he can swing my way.

How did he manage that?

As for the Tour 5, you probably want to ring the dealer pronto to make sure they ordered the right one :eek:

See above. The ****ing tool ordered the wrong one.

Is there any way (other than phoning every dealer in the country) to see if VW Ireland have any in stock anywhere in a dealership?

This kind of casual dumbf#*kery makes me want to order from anyone else.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    How did he manage that?

I can only assume that he has the iq of a sandwich.

Already confirmed that no changes are possible. If he can't source one via VW then he'll have to order from scratch which probably takes me back to October, at which point I'd nearly be better holding on for the 22 reg.

I can only assume that he has the iq of a sandwich.

Already confirmed that no changes are possible. If he can't source one via VW then he'll have to order from scratch which probably takes me back to October, at which point I'd nearly be better holding on for the 22 reg.

In my experience a glass of pond water would be a better comparison

I can see why you wouldn't have much faith in them after that, I'd be tempted to walk away from the sale and get your deposit back

I hope you'll at least be able to wrangle a discount or a much better trade in on the i3. If they can give you the market price for your i3 then at least you won't be stuck without a car waiting for your ID.3

Flips sake. I’d be fuming as well. Hope you get sorted with something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Is he/she able to cancel the incorrect order or will they be stuck with it?

Would they lend you the incorrect one (if they can't cancel it now) for the time until the correct one is built?

Where do you enter this number ? and where do you find the commission number all I have is the quotation number or is that it ?

Where do you enter this number ? and where do you find the commission number all I have is the quotation number or is that it ?

I don’t even have that. Where did you get quotation number mad lad? ( we ordered from same dealer)

fits wrote: »
    I don’t even have that. Where did you get quotation number mad lad? ( we ordered from same dealer)

You'll need to ask the dealer for it

I got it on top right of the quotation form in the email he sent me.

I didn’t get any form. Indeed I didn’t get any receipt for my deposit either. Hmmm ( it was acknowledged in email )

Imagine if I'd not checked up on this incompetent gob****e, sold my car and rolled up mid July for my shiny new wagon...

• Advertisement

I didn’t get any form. Indeed I didn’t get any receipt for my deposit either. Hmmm ( it was acknowledged in email )

I have no receipt either but it's on my bank statement, I wouldn't worry about that, they want a sale and I don't think they'll mess you about.

I have no receipt either but it's on my bank statement, I wouldn't worry about that, they want a sale and I don't think they'll mess you about.

I don’t think they will either to be fair. Been grand to deal with so far.

I don't think they'll mess you about.

Unless they're complete ****ing thickos like mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Sorry to hear DrPhilG.

I would give them hell, but probably only wasting your time and energy.
    Do you have anything in writing re your order? Not that it probably makes much difference anyway.

I see the Tour 5 is cheaper than the Tour. If they gave you a better price than the difference, would you consider the Tour 5? I know spec is not as good, but it's not exactly poverty spec.

Unless they're complete ****ing thickos like mine.

True but at least I have it on my bank statement.

Was tour or tour 5 on the quotation form the dealer gave you ?

Where did you get that number again to check the status of the build ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

KCross wrote: »
    How are you all doing on tyres?

I've over 10k km done but the rears are at 2mm already! :eek:

Fronts are just shy of 4mm.

I've the Bridgestone Turanza ECO 18". These ones
    They are well rated (A fuel and B grip) but obviously soft.

How are the rest of you doing? Not sure I'll get the same tyres if they disappear after 10k km.
    eagerv wrote: »
    Just checked mine this morning. Almost 12k km.

Front 8mm. Rear 7mm. Goodyear 18" Efficient grip Performance.

Bought a tyre thread gauge today, my trusted bolt, finger nail and ruler was out by 1mm..:)
    Front 7mm, Rear 6mm.

eagerv wrote: »
    I see the Tour 5 is cheaper than the Tour. If they gave you a better price than the difference, would you consider the Tour 5? I know spec is not as good, but it's not exactly poverty spec.
    No. I went for the Tour specifically because of the spec.
    Was tour or tour 5 on the quotation form the dealer gave you ?

Where did you get that number again to check the status of the build ?

Quotation said Tour. But the dealer had already ordered the car without attaching a name, then added my name to it later.

In theory this should have meant I'd get my car in great time. In reality, he's a imbecile.

No. I went for the Tour specifically because of the spec.

Quotation said Tour. But the dealer had already ordered the car without attaching a name, then added my name to it later.

In theory this should have meant I'd get my car in great time. In reality, he's a imbecile.

I think as someone mentioned earlier you should see if they'll give you the Tour 5 until your Tour is delivered. It's not like they're going to be left with an unsellable car at the end, the demand is through the roof

Also they should give you a discount or a far better trade in on your i3 so you're not stuck car less waiting for the new car

If they start getting shirty just dig your heels in and demand your deposit back

I think as someone mentioned earlier you should see if they'll give you the Tour 5 until your Tour is delivered. It's not like they're going to be left with an unsellable car at the end, the demand is through the roof

I'll give them that option. I would have thought they could just cancel though, as you say demand is high so VW would let them give it up to someone else.

Plus even if they accept that, I'm left with probably an October reg 212 instead of a July one which will have a knock on effect on value.

• Advertisement

I'll give them that option. I would have thought they could just cancel though, as you say demand is high so VW would let them give it up to someone else.

Plus even if they accept that, I'm left with probably an October reg 212 instead of a July one which will have a knock on effect on value.

Oh don't worry, I can almost guaruntee they'll push it back to Jan 2022

VW have stopped giving ID cars as company cars because they're struggling to meet demand. I think they're falling short of parts like everyone else

Advertisement