Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Oh don't worry, I can almost guaruntee they'll push it back to Jan 2022

Yes but that's exactly what I don't want.

I don't particularly want an October reg car, but nor do I want to wait another 6 months worth of depreciation on the i3.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Yes but that's exactly what I don't want.

I don't particularly want an October reg car, but nor do I want to wait another 6 months worth of depreciation on the i3.

Hmmmm. If you had a trade price from them on the i3 you could dig your heels in and demand they honour that as compensation. Or, as others have said make them give you a loaner tour 5 until they fix their cock up.
    Basically beyond July you're unnecessary losing money on your i3 (depreciation) because of them. Or beyond July you're not in a new car because of them. See which of those scenarios they can fix. It'll be neither, but see what they can do.

Hmmmm. If you had a trade price from them on the i3 you could dig your heels in and demand they honour that as compensation. Or, as others have said make them give you a loaner tour 5 until they fix their cock up.
    Basically beyond July you're unnecessary losing money on your i3 (depreciation) because of them. Or beyond July you're not in a new car because of them. See which of those scenarios they can fix. It'll be neither, but see what they can do.

Their trade in price for the i3 was sh*te anyway, it was going to be a private sale and then cash deposit.

KCross wrote: »
    Has the dealer confirmed that it’s too late to fix the order? Presumably the car hasn’t been built.

Can they fix the paperwork and get the right car made?

Nope. Once the order gets a confirmed production date they can't be amended even though its not yet actually been built. Seems ludicrous but that's what they're telling me.

I've drafted a lengthy email highlighting:

* this is not just an unavoidable delay due to supply issues or something else beyond their control, it is simply a user error by them. A good old fashioned **** up.

* it's not just an inconvenience, it is going to cost me actual money due to not being able to sell my car on schedule, resulting in additional depreciation, plus I'd be getting a mid/late 212 car instead of a July 212.

* I've spoken to people in the UK who had dealers who fought for them and managed to get cars (including Tour) from the port in Germany within 3 weeks. If my dealer is prepared to fight for it, I don't see why they can't achieve similar. Sadly I expect that they'll check VW Ireland stock and if nothing pops up they'll just shrug their shoulders and say nothing is available.

* If they can't deliver in July, then they should be making an effort to compensate me for the above mentioned financial loss. In other words offer me an ID3 loaner/courtesy car to bridge the gap between me selling the i3 and receiving the (late) new car, and/or additional discount/extras.

Email is going to the salesman that made the **** up, the business manager, the branch manager and probably VW Ireland also.

I also contacted other dealers and offered them the chance to steal the sale if they can manage to beat the idiots to it and secure a car for delivery within a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

nor do I want to wait another 6 months worth of depreciation on the i3.

The depreciation on your new ID.3 is going to be a lot higher than the depreciation on your old i3 over the next 6 months

In other words: you'll save money by delaying until Jan 2022 delivery. If you can get the dealer to "compensate" for their mistake by throwing you some goodies like 3 years free servicing, mats, extra charge cable, who knows, you could come out of this well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

https://www.carsireland.ie/2690996

There’s an ID.3 Tour at Divanes according to carsireland.

Did you give them a call?

cannco253 wrote: »

That's a Tour 5.

unkel wrote: »
    The depreciation on your new ID.3 is going to be a lot higher than the depreciation on your old i3 over the next 6 months

In other words: you'll save money by delaying until Jan 2022 delivery. If you can get the dealer to "compensate" for their mistake by throwing you some goodies like 3 years free servicing, mats, extra charge cable, who knows, you could come out of this well

True, but I don't want to wait 6 months, plus I'd also need them to extend the 0% finance offer.

I know the ID3 will be dropping in value quicker than the i3, but by that same fact I'd save more money by waiting a year rather than 6 months etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

That's a Tour 5.

Are you sure? Ad seems to be full of errors, ie 58kWh battery, but they do mention massage seats and 19" wheels which sounds like the Tour.

eagerv wrote: »
    Are you sure? Ad seems to be full of errors, ie 58kWh battery, but they do mention massage seats and 19" wheels which sounds like the Tour.

True, mentions the HUD too.

No harm in giving them a call I suppose. Although the lack of any actual pictures makes me doubt that they actually have it in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

That's a Tour 5.

Sorry , my mistake.

It’s the only Tour trim I can see on any of the websites at the moment.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

True, mentions the HUD too.

No harm in giving them a call I suppose. Although the lack of any actual pictures makes me doubt that they actually have it in stock.

Careful now... Could end up being a tour 5 after you've a deal done

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Careful now... Could end up being a tour 5 after you've a deal done

Since they don't have pictures, my guess is that it's a customer order that fell through and the car is in transit or still being built

What's the bet the original customer ordered a Tour 5 and got a Tour instead? Maybe they can swap Phil's one for the other one

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

cannco253 wrote: »

Pack of spoofers. Don't have the Tour on site. Hadn't a clue of the difference in the Tour and the Tour 5. No clue on the difference in battery size.

The listing is basically just clickbait for a theoretical car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Pack of spoofers. Don't have the Tour on site. Hadn't a clue of the difference in the Tour and the Tour 5. No clue on the difference in battery size.

That's a pain in the hoop:mad: DrPhilG, hopefully you can get something sorted.

Well I've emailed VW Ireland, tweeted them, and emailed the salesman and business manager at the dealership.

We'll see what comes of it, if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

You wouldn’t really lose much by waiting for a 221 as long as you were guaranteed 0% pcp. Software might even be sorted by then. It’s an absolute pain for you though.

I’m just waiting for something to go wrong with our order now!

fits wrote: »
    You wouldn’t really lose much by waiting for a 221 as long as you were guaranteed 0% pcp. Software might even be sorted by then. It’s an absolute pain for you though.

Sortware is already sorted by all accounts. I think the only issues now are on older cars that were updated to 2.1 rather than new builds that started with it.

Plus new update due in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

It is a total mess Phil. Hope it somehow works out for you. As someone pointed out it may be an opportunity to work a better deal for yourself even if this is not what you chose. Has your dealer come up with any solution yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Still trying to make my mind up about whether to go for the Tour 5 or the Tour here.

The product guide is pretty hard to compare them with but are the only differences with the Tour?
    - Heads Up Display
    - Two extra speakers
    - Better sound insulation
    - Under-floor boot storage
    - One less seat
    - No sunroof
    - No 'Area View' - Just a reversing camera

The big pro for me with the Tour is the heads up Display (not a dealbreaker through) and the Tour 5 is the sunroof. Judging whether the €2,971 I'd save going for the Tour 5 is worth it. Would appreciate any insights!

• Advertisement

Bif wrote: »
    It is a total mess Phil. Hope it somehow works out for you. As someone pointed out it may be an opportunity to work a better deal for yourself even if this is not what you chose. Has your dealer come up with any solution yet?

Waiting for him to call back. He contacted VW up the chain yesterday but hadn't heard back so is due to contact me again today.

I did speak to another dealer nearby who checked the VW Ireland inventory and confirmed that there are none available in the country so it looks grim.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Still trying to make my mind up about whether to go for the Tour 5 or the Tour here.

The product guide is pretty hard to compare them with but are the only differences with the Tour?
    - Heads Up Display
    - Two extra speakers
    - One less seat
    - No sunroof

The big pro for me with the Tour is the heads up Display (not a dealbreaker through) and the Tour 5 is the sunroof. Judging whether the €2,971 I'd save going for the Tour 5 is worth it. Would appreciate any insights!

Well I know a dealer who'll have a Tour 5 available pretty soon...

For me the HUD is the big one, but also motorised seat adjustment, lumbar support, massage function etc. The extra soundproofing was a big plus for me too.

- Heads Up Display
    - Two extra speakers
    - One less seat
    - No sunroof

The Tour 5 I saw the other day didn't have a sunroof and had the 18" wheels with East Derry alloys (Same as my own 1st).

- Heads Up Display
    - Two extra speakers
    - One less seat
    - No sunroof

Does the Tour 5 have a sunroof?

The Tour 5 I saw the other day didn't have a sunroof and had the 18" wheels with East Derry alloys (Same as my own 1st).

Tour 5 spec in brochure I read had 19” wheels.

Bif wrote: »
    Tour 5 spec in brochure I read had 19” wheels.

That's what I thought as well, perhaps owner specified smaller wheels?

fits wrote: »

Tour 5 is on my quotation form so I assume it's the same for you only tour will be on it instead so can't imagine he'd mess that up. I have it all in email anyway.

I won't be signing any finance form unless it's the tour 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Well I know a dealer who'll have a Tour 5 available pretty soon...

For me the HUD is the big one, but also motorised seat adjustment, lumbar support, massage function etc. The extra soundproofing was a big plus for me too.

In fairness the seats are much better than standard. I've been back and forward between my Tour and a 1st Plus loaner a good few times and I'm always glad to get back to my seats. They're a bit more supportive, and have the adjustable lumbar and thigh supports... and the massage hasn't got old yet. :D

The reason I chose the Tour over Tour 5 was the better seats.

By all accounts the regular seats are good it’s just my back is not regular.

I don’t really care about the rest tbh. Just wanted big battery and good seats.

• Advertisement

Are you certain it was a tour 5. They only became available to order in April.

Advertisement