Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

1 & 4 are the moonstone.

Think I'd pick the other grey as well. I dunno would like to see the pair of them in the flesh.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I want ID.3 1st Max in Turquoise with a dark interior.
    I'd also love someone in Frank Keane Liffey Valley to actually send me an email asking about preferences

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

1 & 4 are the moonstone.

Think I'd pick the other grey as well. I dunno would like to see the pair of them in the flesh.

When I was talking to the dealer, he said that the car on the right of the stage at the launch was moonstone. He described it as "bluey grey". He said that there is a lighter grey also.

Whatever that bluey grey is called... that's the colour I'd choose.

It's in the catalogue someone posted earlier, mangangrau which is basically manganese grey. It's a current colour.

Screenshot-20190920-163752.jpg

Full link is back in the thread somewhere.

That's from the German forum, where they think that Moonstone is the darker grey.

https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=31597&start=4060

• Advertisement

Nah the moonstone is the milky looking grey.

Nah the moonstone is the milky looking grey.

We'll have to agree to disagree. But I'll believe the dealer and the guys on the German forum.

Even the picture you posted above it looks like the Moonstone on the left is the darker colour. Certainly doesn't look milky to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Great pictures, thanks. They show both the grey and the moonstone and the difference is clear. The picture close up, with the bike on the back... would you say that the picture accurately reflects the colour of the car in the metal?

Bit of confusion over the colours here I think. The one with the bike wont be a 1st colour.

The 1st edition is Glacier White (most popular), Mankena Turquoise, Moonstone Grey and Manganese Grey. All external colours are optional on any spec, but internal colours are linked to standard, Plus or Max.

At Frankfurt, both Greys were upstairs.
    Moonstone - Looks very good if you like the colour. Personally I don't think it looks the best in the ID.3 because of the two tone. Doesn't look like the special edition Passat.
    vw_id3_095.jpg

8794e13e-2020-vw-id3-111.jpg
    67758c76-2020-vw-id3-117.jpg

Mankena Turquoise
    vw_id3_097.jpg

Glacier White
    image-from-ios_3.jpg?itok=fwat_BdZ

Davy wrote: »
    Bit of confusion over the colours here I think. The one with the bike wont be a 1st colour.

The 1st edition is Glacier White (most popular), Mankena Turquoise, Moonstone Grey and Manganese Grey. All external colours are optional on any spec, but internal colours are linked to standard, Plus or Max.

At Frankfurt, both Greys were upstairs.
    Moonstone - Looks very good if you like the colour. Personally I don't think it looks the best in the ID.3 because of the two tone. Doesn't look like the special edition Passat.
    vw_id3_095.jpg

8794e13e-2020-vw-id3-111.jpg
    67758c76-2020-vw-id3-117.jpg

Mankena Turquoise
    vw_id3_097.jpg

Glacier White
    image-from-ios_3.jpg?itok=fwat_BdZ

The second colour above is very similar to the car I have now. I would want a different colour on an ID3.

The picture with the bike on the back would be my colour pick. I don't think much of the other colours available for the 1st.

I'll probably cancel my 1st reservation and look at the ID3 again in a year or two. My e-Niro 64kWh is only a few months old so the 1st edition ID3 would have to be perfect to attract me now, and it isn't.... for me.

Can you have the wheels in the second picture on the Max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can you have the wheels in the second picture on the Max.

No, the Max is 20" Sanya wheels (7.5J X 20) 215/45 R20

Plus is the 19" Andoya wheels (7.5J X 19) 215/50 R19

That's the sanya on the blue and white?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭user1842

Had a good look at the car at the Frankfurt motor show and managed to sit in the drivers seat. The inside is spacious but the touch screen it too far away from the driver in my opinion. The touch buttons on the steering wheel vibrate when pressed, which is nice. Overall the new dash looks a bit cheap and toy like and there is poor overall visibility out the windscreen (maybe due to the distance it is away from you). Back seats have plenty of leg room though.

On the outside of the car, I still cannot get over the black plastic piece on the top of the bonnet. In my opinion the whole front of the car looks like a toy. I was hoping it would look better in real life, it doesn't.

Sad as I had high hopes for the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭KCross

user1842 wrote: »
    Had a good look at the car at the Frankfurt motor show and managed to sit in the drivers seat. The inside is spacious but the touch screen it too far away from the driver in my opinion.

Bjorn sat in it and he said it was fine and he's a short asian guy!
    You must have short arms and long legs! :)

15m40s in this video..

KCross wrote: »
    Bjorn sat in it and he said it was fine and he's a short asian guy!
    You must have short arms and long legs! :)

Long legs maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

user1842 wrote: »
    Had a good look at the car at the Frankfurt motor show and managed to sit in the drivers seat. The inside is spacious but the touch screen it too far away from the driver in my opinion. The touch buttons on the steering wheel vibrate when pressed, which is nice. Overall the new dash looks a bit cheap and toy like and there is poor overall visibility out the windscreen (maybe due to the distance it is away from you). Back seats have plenty of leg room though.

On the outside of the car, I still cannot get over the black plastic piece on the top of the bonnet. In my opinion the whole front of the car looks like a toy. I was hoping it would look better in real life, it doesn't.

Sad as I had high hopes for the car.

How would you rate the interior overall ?
    Would it be comparable to a golf?
    There seems to be a lot of hard plastics in the interior which is a concern. The armrests don’t seem to look great either

How would you rate the interior overall ?
    Would it be comparable to a golf?
    There seems to be a lot of hard plastics in the interior which is a concern. The armrests don’t seem to look great either

I would give it 6 out of 10, the golf is a lot better. The white/beige colour on the dash is not nice, the black is much better. Overall it feels a bit cheap looking but maybe im being overly critical.

I don't remember the armrests, not sure if the model I was in had them or not.

They should have just copied the Golf layout.

They new gear changer placement is also strange. The steering wheel totally blocks it so you cannot see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

I sat in it today. It really needs better door cards and dashboard materials.

While there is plenty of knee room in the back there isn't much space to put your feet when sitting in the back.

Those vinyl diamond applications on the C-pillar were looking fairly tatty on the last day of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

I checked it out at the Frankfurt show.

The exterior looks are fine, but the interior build quality seemed a bit poor. The front armrests are just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

The front armrests are strange in that I expected them to be height adjustable.
    The armrests in a Picasso which looks a lot like an id3 can be raised to various heights but these ones have just one height. I understand why they have them to maximise usable space but they look cheap and aren't as practical as they should or could be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

rivegauche wrote: »
    Those vinyl diamond applications on the C-pillar were looking fairly tatty on the last day of the show.

Yeah hate those. Surely they can be removed? Just stickers, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

So,are any ye gonna cancel your reservation as a result of going to Frankfurt or are you going to see what impact the budget/incentives will be on the price later on in the year. I'm thinking that if the Max spec is ~50k then why would I not go for a Tesla M3.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Donall.ID.3

I was over at the show for 2 days. Initially impressed by the car. On the second day not as much. Door cards and alot of the plastics seem to be lower quality than you would expect from VW.

Any VW rep I spoke to either said was pre -production model and plastics would be improved others said that's it. They really had no idea.

Positives: really like the digital screens and the new features of the car. Easy to use and reach. I think it looks best in grey or white. The interior of the booth is comparable to a mk7 Golf in size. The head up display looks like a must have feature.
    Exterior and interior door handles nice to use feel vw like. Really like the exterior proportions and interior is large, maybe not as big as a Passat.
    It feels very modern. The seats are very comfortable. Looks a lot better in real life.

Negatives: Some Plastics below quality, centre console looks lost, front seat belts don't adjust height, orange/white interior disgusting, You cant really see the gear selector(well I cant).
    The exterior of the booth hatch will be impossible to keep clean.
    No provision for a spare tyre. The armrests are straight from the vw sharan look out of place. The guy/girl who designed the seats and the arm rest obviously fell out with the centre console /tunnel designer and never talked.

For now will be keeping my booking. Will depend on plastics /final pricing/budget/ vw finance deals and of course the upcoming.

VW Golf Mk8 (I know wont be electric)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I’ve been wondering, in order to keep the costs down, are VW cutting corners or using cheaper materials to keep the price under 30k?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 159conor

unkel wrote: »
    Yeah hate those. Surely they can be removed? Just stickers, right?

I believe the stickers are optional

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

[quote=Donall.ID.3
    For now will be keeping my booking. Will depend on plastics /final pricing/budget/ vw finance deals and of course the upcoming.

VW Golf Mk8 (I know wont be electric)[/quote]

I’m pretty much in the same mindset at the moment. Will have to wait and see also. Hard to pay 40k+ knowing there’s an alternative car with better spec for the same or lesser cost. E.g. Golf/A3
    Disappointed the interior isn’t up to scratch.

I’m pretty much in the same mindset at the moment. Will have to wait and see also. Hard to pay 40k+ knowing there’s an alternative car with better spec for the same or lesser cost. E.g. Golf/A3
    Disappointed the interior isn’t up to scratch.

The cheaper diesel will cost much more to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Did anybody at the Frankfurt show prefer the El Born to the ID.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Got a phone call today from my designated VW Garage (blackwaters ) regarding my reservation.

This was more of a Survey to relay back to Main VW about Irish colours, specs, interior trim choices etc. no official price was given , he gave a estimation of around 40K (less grants) for the First Plus.

I asked about delivery: "sometime in Summer 2020"

showroom car should be available april/may 2020 he said.

also asked about PCP , it will be available , but % APR was not sure about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

My dealer sent a survey last week along with the same spec breakdown and under 40k price posted already. It asked if I planned to make an order, which of the 3 models and choice of exterior and interior colours. It stated it was non binding and for planning purposes. There was no new info we haven’t seen.

Advertisement