Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

fits wrote: »
    Are you certain it was a tour 5. They only became available to order in April.

Owner told me it had the new big battery, but it's possible I took him up wrong. Think it said pro S on the side badge, pity I didn't take a pic.

He lives only about 2 km from me, so hopefully will see around.

Looking at the configerator, VW do mention 19" wheels on the Tour 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Well the dealer has been back on to me, and it's as expected.

Nothing available, can re-order today and get the car for mid to late September "probably".

Thats a non runner, so I'd have to suck it up and wait til January.

As for making up for his stupidity, he offered me a loaner to bridge the gap. But not an EV, just a petrol or diesel from their stock. Whoop de doo.

I'm currently looking at alternative finance and bringing in a nearly new car from the UK, although that opens up the confusion over the new VRT implications.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

DrPhilG wrote: »

Nothing available, can re-order today and get the car for mid to late September "probably".

As for making up for his stupidity, he offered me a loaner to bridge the gap. But not an EV, just a petrol or diesel from their stock.

I'm currently looking at alternative finance and bringing in a nearly new car from the UK, although that opens up the confusion over the new VRT implications.

Is there not even one in the UK? With enough of a will, one could be reconfigured to Kms. I don't think there are any physical differences. The dealer should be trying everything to make up for his failings.

Edit: According to Autotrader, there are 27 in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

eagerv wrote: »
    Owner told me it had the new big battery, but it's possible I took him up wrong. Think it said pro S on the side badge, pity I didn't take a pic.

He lives only about 2 km from me, so hopefully will see around.

Looking at the configerator, VW do mention 19" wheels on the Tour 5.

The Tour and Tour 5 both have the bigger battery and I can confirm the Tour does have the Pro S badge, whether that is the same for the Tour 5 I cannot say.

As for making up for his stupidity, he offered me a loaner to bridge the gap. But not an EV, just a petrol or diesel from their stock.

That is a right pain, especially when you are looking forward so much to getting it. I know when I picked ours up a couple of weeks ago that the dealer did say it was the only one available in the country.

• Advertisement

Is there not even one in the UK? With enough of a will, one could be reconfigured to Kms. I don't think there are any physical differences. The dealer should be trying everything to make up for his failings.

Edit: According to Autotrader, there are 27 in the UK.

He says it can't be done. Probably spoofing, just wouldn't be arsed trying. Although other dealers have said similar.

I chased up a nearly new one in the UK, but they're looking for £40k which is more than the brand new RRP. Plus then I need to recalculate the man-math as I'd have to finance privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

He says it can't be done. Probably spoofing, just wouldn't be arsed trying. Although other dealers have said similar.

I chased up a nearly new one in the UK, but they're looking for £40k which is more than the brand new RRP. Plus then I need to recalculate the man-math as I'd have to finance privately.

Any word back yet from VW Ireland? I know they are going to try and leave the issue with the dealer.

eagerv wrote: »
    Any word back yet from VW Ireland? I know they are going to try and leave the issue with the dealer.

Not a peep, don't expect much either.

In the absence of other options, I'm going to go back to the dimwit with a counter offer.

I'll take his offer of a free loaner in the meantime, provided he extends that until the end of the year and gets me into a 2022 ID3 on January 1st including the 0% finance.

Still chasing a few other tails first, but failing that I'll probably go with it. He'll need to get me an automatic though, the wife hasn't driven manual in 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Gonna cost you on fuel for the period aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Not a peep, don't expect much either.

In the absence of other options, I'm going to go back to the dimwit with a counter offer.

I'll take his offer of a free loaner in the meantime, provided he extends that until the end of the year and gets me into a 2022 ID3 on January 1st including the 0% finance.

Still chasing a few other tails first, but failing that I'll probably go with it. He'll need to get me an automatic though, the wife hasn't driven manual in 6 years.

Alternatively if they can give you a better offer for the i3 based on today's market prices and guaruntee it and the 0% finance until your Tour arrives you won't need the loaner

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

One other possibility is that a cancelled order becomes available. It’s possible that someone changes their mind on a tour come July.

You might not get the exact colour you want though.

Gonna cost you on fuel for the period aswel

True but offset by saving the depreciation by selling the i3 now, and also getting me into a January 22 car instead of September/October 21.

Alternatively if they can give you a better offer for the i3 based on today's market prices and guaruntee it and the 0% finance until your Tour arrives you won't need the loaner

Worth a shot. They only offered me €14k on the i3 though so can't see them upping that or guaranteeing it til January.

First question is whether they can confirm the 0% finance on a January delivered car. If not then I'd imagine it's dead in the water.

If they can, then I'll cross the bridge of extending the loaner, or agreeing €14k or more on the i3 with 6 more months and 12.5k additional km.

First question is whether they can confirm the 0% finance on a January delivered car. If not then I'd imagine it's dead in the water.

If they can, then I'll cross the bridge of extending the loaner, or agreeing €14k or more on the i3 with 6 more months and 12.5k additional km.

You should see if they'll give you an ID.4 1st Max for the same deal, you'd get the best price in the country :)

You should see if they'll give you an ID.4 1st Max for the same deal, you'd get the best price in the country :)

ID4 is too big for me anyway.

Spoke to another dealer, they said that the 0% can only apply to 212 cars, not 221.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

or even the ID.4 as the loaner...

cannco253 wrote: »
    or even the ID.4 as the loaner...

Not an option. They only have 1 of each car as demo and both are busy.

ID4 is too big for me anyway.

Spoke to another dealer, they said that the 0% can only apply to 212 cars, not 221.

And then I spoke to another dealer down in Carlow, who said that's not correct and it will continue on Tech, Max, and Tour models. So he says I can order a Tour for January delivery and get it at 0%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

What about sending a PM to Paddy Comyn, (paddy1976 on here) and see if he can bang some heads together. He is the Sales manager in VW Ireland as far as I know.
    Or try him on Twitter aswell !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

In fairness the seats are much better than standard. I've been back and forward between my Tour and a 1st Plus loaner a good few times and I'm always glad to get back to my seats. They're a bit more supportive, and have the adjustable lumbar and thigh supports... and the massage hasn't got old yet. :D

They're an option you have to add on the Tour right? The configurator says this is an option:

Top Sports Interior 'Plus'
    € 1,355.09

• Lumbar support, pneumatically adjustable
    • Power seat adjustment for both front seats
    • Seat heater for front seats separately controlled
    • N3R

dmcg90 wrote: »
    They're an option you have to add on the Tour right? The configurator says this is an option:

Top Sports Interior 'Plus'
    € 1,355.09

• Lumbar support, pneumatically adjustable
    • Power seat adjustment for both front seats
    • Seat heater for front seats separately controlled
    • N3R

This pack gives you a more sportier seat the rest still comes with the Tour, there is a link previous showing the seat

THE ALM wrote: »
    This pack gives you a more sportier seat the rest still comes with the Tour, there is a link previous showing the seat

So it's basically 1300 for a different seat design? Jaysus!

rx8 wrote: »
    What about sending a PM to Paddy Comyn, (paddy1976 on here) and see if he can bang some heads together. He is the Sales manager in VW Ireland as far as I know.
    Or try him on Twitter aswell !

Twitter account seems to be a personal one, no mention of VW, and he did tweet about how good the Skoda Superb was a while back.

Doesn't seem to be on boards anymore, or is it just the crappy touch mobile site not working for a search?

Edit, never mind. It was indeed the crappy touch site. I've sent him a message.

So it's basically 1300 for a different seat design? Jaysus!

Correct, here you goid_seats.jpg

THE ALM wrote: »
    Correct, here you goid_seats.jpg

Thanks! I mean, they look nice and all but that's a lot extra! Think you just saved me a bit of extra cash there :)

Thanks! I mean, they look nice and all but that's a lot extra! Think you just saved me a bit of extra cash there :)

Find the seats in the Tour to be great and with the power adjustment and massage it is easy to get a good seating position so you would really like to like the look of the sports seats to justify the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

I think they look horrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Folks. I am thinking of getting an EO Mini Pro 2 charger. I also hope to to install Solar PV in the future. What are your views on this charger? Also what are your views on whether it is best to get a tethered or untethered charger? Thanks.

• Advertisement

Bif wrote: »
    Folks. I am thinking of getting an EO Mini Pro 2 charger. I also hope to to install Solar PV in the future. What are your views on this charger? Also what are your views on whether it is best to get a tethered or untethered charger? Thanks.

I've had an EO Mini since 2018, it predates the Pro version and lacks the Solar PV add-ons. But it's discreet and has never given a fault

Even survived the missus catching the cable under her car and pulling it off the wall

Untethered is more discreet and compact, tethered is easier since you only need to plug in one end

Personally as tethered chargers go, I prefer the bigger chargers as they generally have integrated cable storage. I know I can just put a hook up for the cable but I think the likes of the Zappi where the cable wraps around the charger looks better

If PV is in the plan then there's also the Zappi and Wallbox as options. Essentially they all use a CT clamp meter attached to the meter box to see when you're exporting electricity and they'll try to charge the car instead

You might want to look at running some cat5 network cable to your meter box to connect the CT clamp. Some chargers also have wireless options

Advertisement