Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

For owners out there, what sort of deals (not finance related) were you able to negotiate with dealers? I might be pulling the trigger on a Tour tomorrow so I want to see what's possible.

Thanks everyone btw for all their help on this thread so far, really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

If PV is in the plan then there's also the Zappi and Wallbox as options. Essentially they all use a CT clamp meter attached to the meter box to see when you're exporting electricity and they'll try to charge the car instead

If you're thinking getting PV in the next few years then in my view it's absolutely worth getting a compatible charger, especially while the grants are still there.

On a good day, I'll get around 0.6-0.7KwH from them just charging the car with a 3 panel array. Getting around 10% of your car's charge from the sun adds up to some nice savings over time, especially on nice days.

The Zappi will also let you just use solar if you want if you want to maximise your gain. Handy if the car is in the driveway for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

How long is the charging cable that comes with the ID.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

jogdish wrote: »
    How long is the charging cable that comes with the ID.3?

5 metres

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Hi all,

Can ye confirm; does the stationary air con work on your ID3? I have the Style spec on the latest software. It has the single zone air con, and I'm not sure if that's what's causing the issue. But When I click the button to 'start air con' when I turn the car off, the slider bounces back to 'off'. It seems to work fine when the car is plugged in, but I really want to get it working when the car isn't plugged in too.

Have you been able to start/stop the aircon using the app while the car is not plugged in?

And have you been able to remotely (plugged in or not) turn on heated steering wheel and seats?

When I try to set up the stationary aircon using the infotainment screen, I can see a top-down view of the car, and a 'set departure time' button. The button does nothing, and I thought that the top down view would allow me to programme the seats and steering wheel, but none of those parts of the screen react at all when I touch them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

oof Drphil what a pain in the hoop.
    They low balled you on the offer for the i3 too. Yours had a better spec and less mileage then mine and I was given €16k against an id3 1st plus.

Wayne, in my id3 and the demo I have, they both had dual controls but always worked the aircon when switched off.

BTW my tale of woe continues.
    I rang VW yesterday and told them give me an ETA or I walk. Flurry of phonecalls later and I discover it isn't the HV battery that needs replacing just one of the Battery controller units. Part will be in on week 25 i.e. next week.
    They've moved me from a petrol TROC to a demo 1st plus in the meantime.

ewj1978 wrote: »

Wayne, in my id3 and the demo I have, they both had dual controls but always worked the aircon when switched off.

Thanks. Concerned now that it's only something that works with dual zone. I don't understand why it wouldn't work with single zone as well, though. Surely single zone is a simpler system?

I asked before but just wanted some clarification. The screen in the car has maps and the brochure talks about telling you about road signs and speed and nearest parking and charge points.

How does the car connect online ? Is it threaded to my phone or is "We connect" a subscription service, I really don't want to pay a phone bill for my car, but I would like the screen features not to be nerfed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

I asked before but just wanted some clarification. The screen in the car has maps and the brochure talks about telling you about road signs and speed and nearest parking and charge points.

How does the car connect online ? Is it threaded to my phone or is "We connect" a subscription service, I really don't want to pay a phone bill for my car, but I would like the screen features not to be nerfed.

There is a n esim built into the car that takes care of that without subscription. You can sign up for extra data with cubictelecom if required which would allow things like internet radio and other streaming services, it is pricey for the date you get.

Bif wrote: »
    Folks. I am thinking of getting an EO Mini Pro 2 charger. I also hope to to install Solar PV in the future. What are your views on this charger? Also what are your views on whether it is best to get a tethered or untethered charger? Thanks.

Like you I have been going through all the options as we will look at solar pv down the line also. We are veering towards the Zappi as I think it will be better integrated with its addons like the hub, harvi and eddi with everything under the one system and easier communication between them all.

• Advertisement

THE ALM wrote: »
    There is a n esim built into the car that takes care of that without subscription. You can sign up for extra data with cubictelecom if required which would allow things like internet radio and other streaming services, it is pricey for the date you get.

So is the included map data as a good as google maps (not talking street view or things, just routing and directions)?

So is the included map data as a good as google maps (not talking street view or things, just routing and directions)?

In my experience over the past week, it's not as good as Google Maps. It's fine for most things, I'd imagine, and the detail looks good, but I wanted to get to the UPS depot in Oranmore yesterday, and that wasn't in it when I did a search. Went to Google Maps, and it was there. I think if you have a house number and street name, it's probably fine, though.

As Wayne has said it is not as good as google maps for some destinations although I find that I use it more as it is better integrated with the travel assist etc and gives the turn signals on the windscreen lightbar and the HUD.

As Wayne has said it is not as good as google maps for some destinations although I find that I use it more as it is better integrated with the travel assist etc and gives the turn signals on the windscreen lightbar and the HUD.

Yes, the overall integration and experience is really nice. For most things where you have a full address, or if you just want to get to the middle of a given town, its grand. It's just that Google (and to a lesser extent apple) have 'search' within maps sewn up.

Yes, the overall integration and experience is really nice. For most things where you have a full address, or if you just want to get to the middle of a given town, its grand. It's just that Google (and to a lesser extent apple) have 'search' within maps sewn up.

I find if you search for the destination in the We Connect ID app and send it to the car it works better

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

In my experience over the past week, it's not as good as Google Maps. It's fine for most things, I'd imagine, and the detail looks good, but I wanted to get to the UPS depot in Oranmore yesterday, and that wasn't in it when I did a search. Went to Google Maps, and it was there. I think if you have a house number and street name, it's probably fine, though.

Does the built in map support searching by Eircode and can you setup a route in the mobile app or web and send to the car?

Thanks

I find if you search for the destination in the We Connect ID app and send it to the car it works better

The car is my wife's so the app is only on her phone. I only drive it occasionally. Can two drivers use the app on different phones at the same time? I have a LEAF, and I know that for the app that goes with that, you can only have one device logged in to the car account at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you open the map on the We Connect phone app it has Google down the bottom left so I'd imagine the car maps are based on Google Maps as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

If you use Apple maps on CarPlay the turn by turn signals are also displayed on the driver binacle.
    Google maps on CarPlay doesn't show turn by turn on the binacle.
    Only the VW navigation uses the ID light bar, for now.

At the moment you can only have one account per car and only one user can be logged in at a time.
    Some users have seen mention of multi user accounts on the API but nothing has been confirmed yet.

electricus wrote: »
    Does the built in map support searching by Eircode and can you setup a route in the mobile app or web and send to the car?

Thanks

The app certainly supports searching by eircode and can be sent to the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

The app certainly supports searching by eircode and can be sent to the car.

Thanks, good to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

They low balled you on the offer for the i3 too. Yours had a better spec and less mileage then mine and I was given €16k against an id3 1st plus.

Did you get discount off the list too? I was offered €16k trade but he admitted that it was actually €14k plus €2k worth of discount.

So if I switch to cash deposit he's still giving me the €2k off list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

No discount on the car, so swings and roundabouts I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

Perhaps a new fault here...the display behind the steering wheel suddenly stopped working. I initially assumed it was one of those errors that would get resolved once the car had been stopped for a few hours and restarted but no it persisted so now back at the dealer waiting on a new part from Germany!

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

No discount on the car, so swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Yup. Another dealer offered €14.3 for the car and €1k off list.

Basically dealers will decide what sounds best. A good trade or a list discount. They'll use the flexibility in their own profit to dress it up one way or the other.

Re-order is back in...

Tour this time, not the Tour 5 (twat). He says he has spoken to VW and they are aiming for a week 29 production which should be week 33 delivery. That means approximately the week beginning August 16th for collection.

5 weeks delay in total.

If I get it in August I'll take it. If it rolls on into September/October then different story.

If I get the i3 shifted in the meantime he'll lend me a car for free although it won't be electric so I'll have to fuel it.

And this time I want the commission number out of him by close of play tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Re-order is back in...

Tour this time, not the Tour 5 (twat). He says he has spoken to VW and they are aiming for a week 29 production which should be week 33 delivery. That means approximately the week beginning August 16th for collection.

5 weeks delay in total.

If I get it in August I'll take it. If it rolls on into September/October then different story.

If I get the i3 shifted in the meantime he'll lend me a car for free although it won't be electric so I'll have to fuel it.

And this time I want the commission number out of him by close of play tomorrow...

Good to hear Phil. By the end of August hopefully you will have forgotten the whole incident...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

cannco253 wrote: »
    If you use Apple maps on CarPlay the turn by turn signals are also displayed on the driver binacle.
    Google maps on CarPlay doesn't show turn by turn on the binacle.

Google maps on Android Auto does show the turn by turn on the small screen also. So might get added to the Apple version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Mr Q wrote: »
    Google maps on Android Auto does show the turn by turn on the small screen also. So might get added to the Apple version.

Hope so, when you use Apple Maps it shows the turn by turn on the speedo screen, but not as yet with Google Maps which I prefer in sat view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

rx8 wrote: »
    What about sending a PM to Paddy Comyn, (paddy1976 on here) and see if he can bang some heads together. He is the Sales manager in VW Ireland as far as I know.
    Or try him on Twitter aswell !

Hes not. He was head of communications for Volkswagen Group Ireland - has since replaced Conor Faughnan in AA.

Advertisement