Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

eagerv wrote: »
    Hope so, when you use Apple Maps it shows the turn by turn on the speedo screen, but not as yet with Google Maps which I prefer in sat view.

I wonder if Waze on iOS might support it?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

The car is my wife's so the app is only on her phone. I only drive it occasionally. Can two drivers use the app on different phones at the same time? I have a LEAF, and I know that for the app that goes with that, you can only have one device logged in to the car account at a time.

Two drivers can use the same app, you just log in with the exact same details as your wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

Are the 1st Editions still having problems ... my father in law is at his wits end with his one that is only 9 months old.

It’s now on it’s 4 trip on the back of a flat bed to the dealer .... always a different problem but usually just will not start. All sorts of lights on etc .. but won’t start.

I think this time he is just going to look for his money back from the dealer and look at something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

whippet wrote: »
    Are the 1st Editions still having problems ... my father in law is at his wits end with his one that is only 9 months old.

It’s now on it’s 4 trip on the back of a flat bed to the dealer .... always a different problem but usually just will not start. All sorts of lights on etc .. but won’t start.

I think this time he is just going to look for his money back from the dealer and look at something else.

Generally sorted at this stage except for the in-car timers which are still broken.

What was the “fix” the last 3 times?
    What version of the software is the car running?
    Has the 12V battery been checked?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

KCross wrote: »
    Generally sorted at this stage except for the in-car timers which are still broken.

What was the “fix” the last 3 times?
    What version of the software is the car running?
    Has the 12V battery been checked?

I haven’t a clue what has been done on the car to day etc ... I’m just hearing this from the wife.

I do know that he would be fairly thorough with talking to the mechanics after he picks up the car ... he is an engineer by trade and has a small fleet of classic cars which he maintains himself so if anything he usually burns the ears off mechanics when he meets them.

I might be talking to him over the weekend ... but at this stage he has lost faith in VW and the dealer (a fairly high profile VW dealer)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Got the commission number for the new order this afternoon.

Not showing anything on the "My VW" site as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

DrPhilG wrote: »

It probably takes a while to go through, I got mine a while after the order was in so the details were already there

Did the dealership sort you out with a temp car? Or are you going to hang on to the i3?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

A few weeks ago we had our eye on an ID.3 and after looking around found the best deal was down in Kerry. Missus decided she wasnt sure and we may wait. Her car just isnt cutting it anymore and I am sick to deal of maintenance and high tax and fuel costs, so I called up to see if the blueish ID.3 Style was still available and it was sold.

Sales guy called back who has been very easy to deal with said theres a Style Mongoose grey - which I actually prefer and brand new in stock ready to go although will hang on for the 212 reg in 2 weeks. From reading on here and having a look at the specs between the different models I have one big issue and an extra the missus wanted and we were told it was on the car when we rang a few weeks ago - Revering Camera but now I am not sure its on it feom online reading.

Does anyone else have a 58Kwh Style 204bhp and have the Reverse Camera and if not what are my options here as we gave a booking deposit and cars on hold for us. Now, i technically dont have anything to say he told me there was a reverse camera but he said it was on it as an upgrade from the life. Their add on Donedeal lists a Style with Reverse Camera on there as we speak too.

I know theres a massive wait and lead time and we are happy other than the camera thing which I will call him in the morning to see. Could they retrofit one for me and should they cover it since I was told it was on it or look after me on it.

Reason we went for this ID.3 - well its a nice colour, has the 18” wheels, pano roof, matrix led lights and camera or so we thought. Got a nice trade in offer for our older civic and the vrt grant, plus seai grant it all comes to almost €12k off list price and 0% pcp so were just under €34k all in - nothing else comes close.

Ps: i have a Tesla model 3 so will be two elec cars at home now and shes a convert saying she would never own an EV until she drove mine. Ireland is slowly converting and I see more and more ID.3/4 and model 3’s everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I don't see any reversing camera listed on the specs for the Style model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

On another note, I pulled up at Ionity, Kill North this evening and the charger started up straight away. Didn't look for any type of payment card, just came on. Might be worth checking if anyone is going past. Charger No.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

rx8 wrote: »
    I don't see any reversing camera listed on the specs for the Style model.

There is no reversing camera on the Style. I know because we got one as an “upgrade” to the Life version we were going to buy, on the basis of a few things it’s a worthwhile upgrade, but we thought we’d get the reversing camera and it’s not part of that spec. Managing okay without it.

I believe it can be retrofitted, so maybe the dealer has put it on there as an extra.

There is no reversing camera on the Style. I know because we got one as an “upgrade” to the Life version we were going to buy, on the basis of a few things it’s a worthwhile upgrade, but we thought we’d get the reversing camera and it’s not part of that spec. Managing okay without it.

I believe it can be retrofitted, so maybe the dealer has put it on there as an extra.

He said the one he has on the showroom floor was the very same one as I was originally looking at except the colour. This add here lists reversing camera at the bottom of the add and as my Tesla Model 3 has it, was a big ticket item she loves:
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26482354

Otherwise il ask about retrofit and see before i take ownership. My other thing Inwas thinking is looking for an 18” to 19” upgrade and see what the cost is.

I know there is little stock in Ireland and happy with it otherwise.

It probably takes a while to go through, I got mine a while after the order was in so the details were already there

Did the dealership sort you out with a temp car? Or are you going to hang on to the i3?

Dealership have promised a car, not EV but I told them I want an automatic as the missus has no desire to re-learn manual.

I'm also waiting for communication from VW customer services, hopefully they can confirm that the late August date is legit.

hogan86 wrote: »
    Style Mongoose grey

Magnesium grey I presume?

Magnesium grey I presume?

Apologies I meant to say Moonstone Grey. Its been a long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

I’m very close to pushing the button on an ID3 but I’m mildly concerned by the amount of software issues mentioned on this thread. Is everyone generally happy with their purchase? Is there a latest version of the software I should request before picking up the car? Anything else I should check with the dealer? Apologies for all the questions. Thanks in advance.

remoteboy wrote: »
    I’m very close to pushing the button on an ID3 but I’m mildly concerned by the amount of software issues mentioned on this thread. Is everyone generally happy with their purchase? Is there a latest version of the software I should request before picking up the car? Anything else I should check with the dealer? Apologies for all the questions. Thanks in advance.

The dealer should apply the latest update before handing over, but no harm to remind them.

Overall, we’re very happy with the car. We traded an ICE for the ID3, and I kept my LEAF24. The difference in tech and range between the LEAF and the ID3 is amazing. We had our first long journey yesterday. Left Galway with the range showing as 370km. Arrived in Cork after driving 260km, about half of which was at motorway speed. The range left was showing 120km. Coming from my LEAF, that’s just astonishing.

It’s a lovely car to drive, and in the Style spec you do get a few nice looking extras over the Life spec.

Only downside: we thought the upgrade to Style would include a reversing camera but it doesn’t. Also the stationery air con is not working right on our car. Hoping it’s just a software glitch and an easy fix. Apart from those two things, we’re very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭remoteboy

The dealer should apply the latest update before handing over, but no harm to remind them.

Overall, we’re very happy with the car. We traded an ICE for the ID3, and I kept my LEAF24. The difference in tech and range between the LEAF and the ID3 is amazing. We had our first long journey yesterday. Left Galway with the range showing as 370km. Arrived in Cork after driving 260km, about half of which was at motorway speed. The range left was showing 120km. Coming from my LEAF, that’s just astonishing.

It’s a lovely car to drive, and in the Style spec you do get a few nice looking extras over the Life spec.

Only downside: we thought the upgrade to Style would include a reversing camera but it doesn’t. Also the stationery air con is not working right on our car. Hoping it’s just a software glitch and an easy fix. Apart from those two things, we’re very happy.

Thanks for that. We’ve done a few test drives in the ID3 and it’s lovely to drive. Looked at the Style but the lack of camera put me off - felt the rear window was pretty small. Currently looking at Family model.

Out of curiosity did you get a printed manual with the car, or are they all online these days?

Thanks for that. We’ve done a few test drives in the ID3 and it’s lovely to drive. Looked at the Style but the lack of camera put me off - felt the rear window was pretty small. Currently looking at Family model.

Out of curiosity did you get a printed manual with the car, or are they all online these days?

Yeah, the family spec is nicer for sure, but budget-wise the style was where we ended up. FWIW the lack of camera isn’t that big a deal. We thought we were getting it, and it would have been nice, but the sensors work very well and there’s great visibility with the wing mirrors.

It came with a hard copy manual, yeah. But online ones are available, and are probably better in that they can be updated easily. I scanned the manual cover to cover, but TBH it kind of covers too much stuff. It’s a “catch all” manual for all spec versions, so it has items in there that just don’t apply to our car. With the online version you have to put in the VIN to access it, so I *think* it only shows the relevant information. Haven’t delved too deeply into it yet. Only have the car a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There's reversing sensors on the Style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Yeah, the family spec is nicer for sure, but budget-wise the style was where we ended up. FWIW the lack of camera isn’t that big a deal. We thought we were getting it, and it would have been nice, but the sensors work very well and there’s great visibility with the wing mirrors.

It came with a hard copy manual, yeah. But online ones are available, and are probably better in that they can be updated easily. I scanned the manual cover to cover, but TBH it kind of covers too much stuff. It’s a “catch all” manual for all spec versions, so it has items in there that just don’t apply to our car. With the online version you have to put in the VIN to access it, so I *think* it only shows the relevant information. Haven’t delved too deeply into it yet. Only have the car a week!

There should be a digital manual in the infotainment.

It's live now, just showing the car and colour thus far, the full spec hasn't gone on the site yet but probably won't be far behind.

556316.jpg

Also I might have a buyer for the i3. Fella up north is looking for one around 2016 with low miles. Mine is 162 and 42k miles, has the colour and spec he's after. Fair price (TBC) and he's happy to wait til mid July and maybe beyond.

i3 is in for a shampoo and valet today, and getting the window motor fixed next week.

I was onto the salesman this morning. He actually thought the Style had a camera and he went to the showroom floor to check while I was on the phone and came back and unfortunately as mentioned, no camera. I was also interested in the 19” Andoya as an upgrade but unless spec’ed with it originally they will be too costly.

Stock on the ground is low and we cant wait u till next November if lucky for a new car and you cant order the Style with a Camera so whats the point. Theres a Family in stock but I dont like the colour and almost €3k more for a Reverse camera and dual climate control which is not worth it to me over the Style.

What are the odds of someone with a set of 19” alloys being interested in my 18”. Il look at a camera retrofit to.

I was onto the salesman this morning. He actually thought the Style had a camera and he went to the showroom floor to check while I was on the phone and came back and unfortunately as mentioned, no camera. I was also interested in the 19” Andoya as an upgrade but unless spec’ed with it originally they will be too costly.

Stock on the ground is low and we cant wait u till next November if lucky for a new car and you cant order the Style with a Camera so whats the point. Theres a Family in stock but I dont like the colour and almost €3k more for a Reverse camera and dual climate control which is not worth it to me over the Style.

What are the odds of someone with a set of 19” alloys being interested in my 18”. Il look at a camera retrofit to.

If it's got parking sensors then that should stop you doing any tactile parking. I think they're standard

I'm in a similar boat, got used to the reversing camera on the Leaf and now I can't live without it :)

Totally with you on the extra cost. The price bump from Life to Style is definitely worth it, but from Life/Style to Family is a hard sell. We paid €1250 more for the Style, but you get nice alloys, panoramic roof, better lights, and better seats. The alloy upgrade for the Life was €950, so for the extra €300 the Style was a no brainier.

I've an ID.4 which came with the latest software and I've had none of the issues that stopped the car like a few other people have had. The main problem I have now is that the charging timers don't work properly, they'll charge the car a bit and then stop

This is a general issue that VW have finally acknowledged is a problem. So it should hopefully get fixed soon

In general, the software is fine. There's a lot of optimisation needed, particularly around speed and generally unintuitive menus. But once you've got it setup with the shortcuts you want then it's grand

As for overall experience, I'm delighted with my car, honestly the best car I've ever driven. My mum has an ID.3 and she's enjoying it as well. She came from a diesel Golf and loves how easy the ID.3 is to drive in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

I've an ID.4 which came with the latest software and I've had none of the issues that stopped the car like a few other people have had. The main problem I have now is that the charging timers don't work properly, they'll charge the car a bit and then stop

This is a general issue that VW have finally acknowledged is a problem. So it should hopefully get fixed soon

In general, the software is fine. There's a lot of optimisation needed, particularly around speed and generally unintuitive menus. But once you've got it setup with the shortcuts you want then it's grand

As for overall experience, I'm delighted with my car, honestly the best car I've ever driven. My mum has an ID.3 and she's enjoying it as well. She came from a diesel Golf and loves how easy the ID.3 is to drive in comparison

Likewise, but I really feel for those who haven't been so lucky. But hopefully that's in the past, or shortly will be.

Totally with you on the extra cost. The price bump from Life to Style is definitely worth it, but from Life/Style to Family is a hard sell. We paid €1250 more for the Style, but you get nice alloys, panoramic roof, better lights, and better seats. The alloy upgrade for the Life was €950, so for the extra €300 the Style was a no brainier.

€1250 more seems pretty good to me, how did you manage to get the upgrade from the life to the style for so little? Why they dont offer some optional extras like camers, rear speakers etc makes no sense. I really want the 19’s and hoping someone may want the smaller 18” wheels for added range.

Do you mind saying what you landed your Style for off the dealers. I didnt reallybget a saving just the scrappage and the cars in stock. €33,900 all on for the Moonstone Grey Style, sound right?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

It's live now, just showing the car and colour thus far, the full spec hasn't gone on the site yet but probably won't be far behind.

Interestingly...

The new order is for MY22 rather than MY21.

Anyone know if there were any changes?

Old
    556330.jpg

New
    556316.jpg

Advertisement