Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

hogan86 wrote: »
    €1250 more seems pretty good to me, how did you manage to get the upgrade from the life to the style for so little? Why they dont offer some optional extras like camers, rear speakers etc makes no sense. I really want the 19’s and hoping someone may want the smaller 18” wheels for added range.

Do you mind saying what you landed your Style for off the dealers. I didnt reallybget a saving just the scrappage and the cars in stock. €33,900 all on for the Moonstone Grey Style, sound right?
    Thanks

It was around that price, but I can’t remember for sure. It’s in my wife’s name so she did all the paper work. When negotiating I just kept asking about reducing the price, so what it actually ended up as, I can’t say. For us a big part was keeping the monthly repayments under €400. Between the cash deposit of €1250 and the equity in the trade in, we put about €6k down. The repayment is something like €395 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Interestingly...

The new order is for MY22 rather than MY21.

Anyone know if there were any changes?

The only thing I heard of was that there's an add-on telematics module for VW's We Drive car sharing which was being included as standard

So I guess if you want to hire your car out then you're sorted :)

Other than that, haven't heard anything concrete. There was talk of a higher spec interior and faster charging speeds but nothing has been officially announced

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Interestingly...

The new order is for MY22 rather than MY21.

Anyone know if there were any changes?

How do you get that to show up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Oh God you aren't going to show us yours too..
    I hope to jaysus there's nothing wrong with the order...

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Oh God you aren't going to show us yours too..
    I hope to jaysus there's nothing wrong with the order...

lol no one is telling me how to get my order to show up, should I have a number from the dealer ? I didn't get it only the quotation number it's not an order number and I doubt he'll give it to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

ID.3 Tour with heat pump ordered. Thanks everyone for all the help and insights on this!

ETA of September so about 11-14 weeks as my dealer said they have a few going into production they can change the spec of.

Excited to get my hands on it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

eagerv wrote: »
    Likewise, but I really feel for those who haven't been so lucky. But hopefully that's in the past, or shortly will be.

So, is the issue with the timers still affecting all versions of the software, not just the old ones?

If I’m checking with the dealer that I have the latest update installed then is there a version number to be looking for?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

Going by this thread the tour models are popular!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

So, is the issue with the timers still affecting all versions of the software, not just the old ones?

If I’m checking with the dealer that I have the latest update installed then is there a version number to be looking for?

Thanks

Yes all versions, even with the latest software. Not a problem for some like myself, just plug in before going to bed and charges to 80% or whatever you want reliably. Hope timers will be fixed soon..

fits wrote: »
    Going by this thread the tour models are popular!

Yes, I'm starting to get a bit jealous..:D

The 58kWh was the best value for achievable range versus price on the market, but that has been surpassed by the 77kWh afaik.

• Advertisement

lol no one is telling me how to get my order to show up, should I have a number from the dealer ? I didn't get it only the quotation number it's not an order number and I doubt he'll give it to me.

Hopefully you will be Ship watching soon Mad_Lad....:D

Hopefully you will be Ship watching soon Mad_Lad....:D

Looking like another month, pain in the ass. I'd say I'll be lucky to have it the 2nd week in July. :(

Looking like another month, pain in the ass. I'd say I'll be lucky to have it the 2nd week in July. :(

It will come around quickly.. Look how long us first movers had to wait, what was it, over a year? I tried to forget I had bought one until it was on the ship:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Ask the dealer for the commission number.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

What is the 77kwh Tour going for from the dealers now to make it better value than the 58kwh ? Are we not up near Tesla Model 3 SR+ at Tour money although I know the Tour will have more range.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

What is the 77kwh Tour going for from the dealers now to make it better value than the 58kwh ? Are we not up near Tesla Model 3 SR+ at Tour money although I know the Tour will have more range.
    Depending on your needs, it’s not about value really but imho you get
    1) range
    2) range
    3) range
    4) projection of range and therefore resale value into the future
    :)!

€50k for the SR+ I think, 50kWh.

€44k for the Tour or €42k I think for the Tour 5, both 77kWh.

But bear in mind no room for negotiation with the Tesla, whereas most VW dealers will take €2k off the price.

Plus no PCP and high interest rates with Tesla, whereas VW are doing 0% on PCP.

If I was minted, I'd have a Model 3 but I'd need the LR. The 0% finance plus the 77kWh made the ID3 Tour the right choice.

Tour 5 is 41k. The difference is range of the id.3 tour/ tour 5 is a lot more.

€50k for the SR+ I think, 50kWh.

€44k for the Tour or €42k I think for the Tour 5, both 77kWh.

But bear in mind no room for negotiation with the Tesla, whereas most VW dealers will take €2k off the price.

Plus no PCP and high interest rates with Tesla, whereas VW are doing 0% on PCP.

If I was minted, I'd have a Model 3 but I'd need the LR. The 0% finance plus the 77kWh made the ID3 Tour the right choice.

Starts to make sense now. I suppose if you were a cash buyer or didnt need the Model 3 LR then it would be different.

So the Tour 5 can be gotten for €41k pre trade in? Does anywhere have these in stock ready to go? We probably will upgrade again in 3 years so thinking will the Style be more than enough.

Csn anyone with a style confirm if it has the following included:

» IQ. Light “Eye Technology” welcome
    scenarios
    » Illuminated door handles

Doesnt clearly state on here but the Family and up lists them:

https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/2021/my21_master/ID3_MY21.pdf

Then on youtube here says it gas thrm on the Style:
    https://youtu.be/MiBXAXX1sEc

So the Tour 5 can be gotten for €41k pre trade in? Does anywhere have these in stock ready to go?

Lol, well something tells me there might be one due into the country for mid July...

• Advertisement

Regarding Alloys, I see VW do an offical 18” for the ID.3 or 19” for the ID.4 (will fit ID.3 too) for reasonable money and couple of guys in the UK have them fitted and look nice.

Thoughts 1st pic is 18” Loen vs 2nd pic the 18” East Derry alloys

file.php?id=607

file.php?id=622

https://www.volkswagenpartsuk.co.uk/parts/id3-18-loen-alloy-wheel-brilliant-silver/

Regarding Alloys, I see VW do an offical 18” for the ID.3 or 19” for the ID.4 (will fit ID.3 too) for reasonable money and couple of guys in the UK have them fitted and look nice.

file.php?id=607

file.php?id=622

https://www.volkswagenpartsuk.co.uk/parts/id3-18-loen-alloy-wheel-brilliant-silver/

I have the East Derry 18" and they are a practical wheel which I like the look of. Plenty of rubber on the tyre, hard to kerb. Also very easy to clean with a quick wipe with a mitt, most of the surface is flat with very little gaps. I regularly only clean the wheels, being too lazy to clean the car, and the car still looks smart overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

file.php?id=607

file.php?id=622

The top alloys don't suit the car in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone having issues charging on 50KW units? Cross post from the eCars thread below with details.

I posted here recently to say I couldn't get my ID3 on the new 50KW unit at Enniscothy. Well I tried again this morning and still getting the "unable to start charge - consult vehicle wallet" pop up ony dash.

I know the charger works because there was an ID4 using it the other day and I don't think there's anything wrong with my car because it charges fine at home, on 22KW units and on Ionity so I'm not sure what's going on.

Edit: tried again when I got back to the car with the dogs and used my eCars card and the charge started so maybe it's some issue with the We Charge card but it works on the 22KW units.

I have the East Derry 18" and they are a practical wheel which I like the look of. Plenty of rubber on the tyre, hard to kerb. Also very easy to clean with a quick wipe with a mitt, most of the surface is flat with very little gaps. I regularly only clean the wheels, being too lazy to clean the car, and the car still looks smart overall.

Thanks for the info, speaking again with the better half as it will be her car she likes the 18” East Derry wheels or would ho for the 19” Andoya if they pop up and someone wants to do a deal with cash their way. I actually havent seen the wheels in person but I think the 19’s are the best compromise between them all. Tyre kerbing is certainly a worry for ehh herself 😂.
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    The top alloys don't suit the car in my opinion.
    For some reason i think they look nice and much better than the steelies. The 18” tyres from the steelies will swap over too so nice upgrade if someone wanted the life and nicer wheels.

If anyone sees good offers on compatible wheel do share.

I'll be looking for a spare set to use with winter tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭McGiver

hogan86 wrote:
    For some reason i think they look nice and much better than the steelies. The 18†tyres from the steelies will swap over too so nice upgrade if someone wanted the life and nicer wheels.

Yeah I'd go for the Life, don't need style or family for the extra money, but my complaint is the wheels on the Life
    Absolutely terrible....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Thanks for the info, speaking again with the better half as it will be her car she likes the 18” East Derry wheels or would ho for the 19” Andoya if they pop up and someone wants to do a deal with cash their way. I actually havent seen the wheels in person but I think the 19’s are the best compromise between them all. Tyre kerbing is certainly a worry for ehh herself 😂.

For some reason i think they look nice and much better than the steelies. The 18” tyres from the steelies will swap over too so nice upgrade if someone wanted the life and nicer wheels.

Those 18" Loen wheels also come in black and they look much nicer. Battery Life has them with winter tyres on them, if you want to check out his ID3 videos with them on.
    https://youtu.be/tf931NR1SeU

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

My two cents,I've ordered a life at 31k in silver
    Style/business/family are way too much of a premium for what you actually get.
    In a similar vein I wonder how many will spec 150 brake to save 2 grand ?
    And what will the most basic 44kwh one come in at when it launches ?
    I may tint the rear windows.
    I may add a set of alloys black simple design flat faced polished accents aftermarket mak clubsports for example are CA.700euro.
    5x112 ,et50,centere bore 57.1,load rating 1260kg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

We already told you a bunch of times ;)

You need the commission number from the dealer, if he doesn't know what that is then you'll need to get another car dealer :p

Once you have that, go to volkswagen.ie, go into the menu, click Connectivity and click myVolkswagen

You'll need to create a Volkswagen login if you don't already have one. It's the same login for the app as well

Once you've logged in there should be an option to view your vehicles. You can enter the commission number at this point and it should bring up your car

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement