Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

We already told you a bunch of times ;)

You need the commission number from the dealer, if he doesn't know what that is then you'll need to get another car dealer :p

Once you have that, go to volkswagen.ie, go into the menu, click Connectivity and click myVolkswagen

You'll need to create a Volkswagen login if you don't already have one. It's the same login for the app as well

Once you've logged in there should be an option to view your vehicles. You can enter the commission number at this point and it should bring up your car

I'm emailing him now so we'll see if he gives it to me or not. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭robbie_63

adunis wrote: »
    My two cents,I've ordered a life at 31k in silver
    Style/business/family are way too much of a premium for what you actually get.
    In a similar vein I wonder how many will spec 150 brake to save 2 grand ?
    And what will the most basic 44kwh one come in at when it launches ?
    I may tint the rear windows.
    I may add a set of alloys black simple design flat faced polished accents aftermarket mak clubsports for example are CA.700euro.
    5x112 ,et50,centere bore 57.1,load rating 1260kg

Have you looked at the silver styling pack (Its just a bunch of stickers but it comes with black vinyl to fill in the gaps on the Wheel Trims, it makes them look a lot better.

Have a look at it on the configurator and you can see how they look.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

robbie_63 wrote: »
    Have you looked at the silver styling pack (Its just a bunch of stickers but it comes with black vinyl to fill in the gaps on the Wheel Trims, it makes them look a lot better.

Have a look at it on the configurator and you can see how they look.

Yup it's the bones of a set of wheels............
    570 ? Or there abouts it is effective however

Yup it's the bones of a set of wheels............
    570 ? Or there abouts it is effective however

I think some of the guys on the UK Forums were just doing it themselves as its only applying a bit of vinyl to the Wheel trim.

Even getting a wrap company to do it would be a lot cheaper than VW

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

My two cents,I've ordered a life at 31k in silver
    Style/business/family are way too much of a premium for what you actually get.
    In a similar vein I wonder how many will spec 150 brake to save 2 grand ?
    And what will the most basic 44kwh one come in at when it launches ?
    I may tint the rear windows.
    I may add a set of alloys black simple design flat faced polished accents aftermarket mak clubsports for example are CA.700euro.
    5x112 ,et50,centere bore 57.1,load rating 1260kg

Have you already placed the order? Divanes are doing good deals and have Life’s in stock at the minute. From memory he was giving me €4,800 trade in on a cheap run around and was coming in under €29k for it with 0% pcp so will be no waiting for you. Im listing my second car soon if you want something as a trade let me know.

Then again, if you are going for. Style, didnt someone on here get a style for extra €1250 and if you are paying for alloys and tints they are already included with it.

• Advertisement

I got the commission number.

VIN not yet known.

Will be another month anyway, maybe in 2 weeks I'll see an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

VIN not yet known.

Happy days, you're right the VIN won't show up until the car is being built

Did you manage to check if the spec is correct?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Happy days, you're right the VIN won't show up until the car is being built

Did you manage to check if the spec is correct?

Yep says tour 5 travel assist and all that.

Interestingly it says " Without front cross traffic assist"

This is what I think that is in the link below, seems strange a brand new model doesn't have that ? Not sure how useful it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

VIN not yet known.

I’d say mine is on same timeline as yours then. Keep us posted.

fits wrote: »
    I’d say mine is on same timeline as yours then. Keep us posted.

Will do. :D

• Advertisement

Another interesting thing in the specs.

"Laminated safety glass windshield, heat- and sound-insulating"

Sound insulating glass wasn't in the specs of the tour 5 so interesting to see it on the build spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

hogan86 wrote: »
    Have you already placed the order? Divanes are doing good deals and have Life’s in stock at the minute. From memory he was giving me €4,800 trade in on a cheap run around and was coming in under €29k for it with 0% pcp so will be no waiting for you. Im listing my second car soon if you want something as a trade let me know.

Then again, if you are going for. Style, didnt someone on here get a style for extra €1250 and if you are paying for alloys and tints they are already included with it.

31k Inc the metallic and 16k for my 171 ioniq,that's as good a deal as I'll get I recon,
    If I could get a style for 1250 ...well yes butbut 3k more,life is from stock at 0%

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Currently drive a Hyundai Kona on loan through my work.

Think of buying the VW. Following.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

31k Inc the metallic and 16k for my 171 ioniq,that's as good a deal as I'll get I recon,
    If I could get a style for 1250 ...well yes butbut 3k more,life is from stock at 0%

Our Style was €1250 more than the Life, but we didn’t go for the metallic paint. Moonstone Grey. The upgrade would’ve been more like €2k if we wanted metallic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

We already told you a bunch of times ;)

You need the commission number from the dealer, if he doesn't know what that is then you'll need to get another car dealer :p

Once you have that, go to volkswagen.ie, go into the menu, click Connectivity and click myVolkswagen

You'll need to create a Volkswagen login if you don't already have one. It's the same login for the app as well

Once you've logged in there should be an option to view your vehicles. You can enter the commission number at this point and it should bring up your car

How long does it take to see the details pop up on there? I have a commission number from my dealer (ordered Friday) but I'm getting errors once I've entered it there

"This commission number or vehicle identification number (VIN) is invalid. Please check the capitalisation and that the character “0” (number) has not been entered instead of “O” (letter) or vice versa."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

New to all this, looking at the ID.3 life (basic model).

What is the advantage of alloy wheels? Are any extras really a must have or well worth considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,172 ✭✭✭pad199207

dmcg90 wrote: »
    How long does it take to see the details pop up on there? I have a commission number from my dealer (ordered Friday) but I'm getting errors once I've entered it there

"This commission number or vehicle identification number (VIN) is invalid. Please check the capitalisation and that the character “0” (number) has not been entered instead of “O” (letter) or vice versa."

Mine did that aswell. Give it a a week and it should come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

jogdish wrote: »

What is the advantage of alloy wheels? Are any extras really a must have or well worth considering?

Depends on what you want! The life is a super car for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Alloy wheels look good, that's the only advantage

The Life has most of the basics you'd really want from a car, air con, heated seats, infotainment system, adaptive cruise control. Any extras beyond that are really up to what you want

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

If your getting the life, you can order Wheel trims with black trim already applied from a company in Germany.
    Cheaper than the Silver Styling pack which was €500-€600

https://shop.ahw-shop.de/media/image/7c/e0/f6/10A601147BWZG.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

The Life and Style models don't have the rear view camera. Maybe see if it can be added to the build. It can definitely be retrofitted anyway.
    Well worth having. It's a must have for me in the future on my next cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Mrs hates the camera on the Vw.
    We've had a leaf, i3 and a E-soul all with cameras and this is the first one she doesn't even look at.
    Doesn't like the fishbowl effect it gives. Personally I'm fine with it. Tbh nothing comes near the 360 cameras that came with the leaf.

Day of reckoning is coming on my motor. I'll be ringing today to see if the part is in. If its not in by Friday I'm walking away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Mrs hates the camera on the Vw.
    We've had a leaf, i3 and a E-soul all with cameras and this is the first one she doesn't even look at.
    Doesn't like the fishbowl effect it gives. Personally I'm fine with it. Tbh nothing comes near the 360 cameras that came with the leaf.

Day of reckoning is coming on my motor. I'll be ringing today to see if the part is in. If its not in by Friday I'm walking away.

The Nissan 360 camera system is excellent.

We don’t have a reversing camera on our ID3 Style, but from what I’ve seen online, the fisheye thing is in the settings and you can turn it off to get a “normal” reversing camera view.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Alloy wheels look better and are normally lighter. Steel wheels are more durable, less likely to be damaged from potholes etc and are cheaper.

VW are experts, similar to many manufacturers, at extracting a large extra sum from you for one or two items you feel you cannot do without..:)

Probably the best value are the Base 45kWh, Base 58kWh and Base 77kWh. But we are all human..

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Hi. I was wondering if anybody got the VW charger installed and if so were they happy with it? I am trying to decide what charger to install with Zappi the front runner at the moment as I want to install PV in the near future. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Comer1

eagerv wrote: »
    Alloy wheels look better and are normally lighter. Steel wheels are more durable, less likely to be damaged from potholes etc and are cheaper.

VW are experts, similar to many manufacturers, at extracting a large extra sum from you for one or two items you feel you cannot do without..:)

Probably the best value are the Base 45kWh, Base 58kWh and Base 77kWh. But we are all human..

I will be receiving my Life model in first week of July. It's my first EV coming for twenty five years of driving 13 Hondas (Accords and Civics.) My current car is a 182 BHP Civic with cool alloys and tinted glass. I'm currently fighting the urge to be "human" and not fork out in excess of a grand for alloys and tinting:)

There was a lot of talk of the ID.3 only pre-heating the cabin and not the battery on mains electricity on the early software versions. With Summer here, I haven't come across mention of it in the last hundred posts of this thread. Does the latest update (is it 2.1???) now allow for pre-heating the battery on the mains instead the car's battery?

For insurance purposes, is the value of the car the full €40,000 or less the discount for grant/VRT?

Anyone source a spare wheel? I suppose if I did get alloys, I could put an old tire on one of the steel wheels and throw it in the boot. It's just that I'm finally getting old enough to value the cost of €1,000 above vanity:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

rx8 wrote: »
    The Life and Style models don't have the rear view camera. Maybe see if it can be added to the build. It can definitely be retrofitted anyway.
    Well worth having. It's a must have for me in the future on my next cars.

Who can retrofit these in Ireland or NI and what is the cost to it? The rear camera is the only think missing for me.

Ive spoken to a few dealers over the last week or so. Theres absolutely no discounts or money off cars in stock and said VW are upping the price by 1% too. The world’s gone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

Comer1 wrote: »
    I will be receiving my Life model in first week of July. It's my first EV coming for twenty five years of driving 13 Hondas (Accords and Civics.) My current car is a 182 BHP Civic with cool alloys and tinted glass. I'm currently fighting the urge to be "human" and not fork out in excess of a grand for alloys and tinting:)

There was a lot of talk of the ID.3 only pre-heating the cabin and not the battery on mains electricity on the early software versions. With Summer here, I haven't come across mention of it in the last hundred posts of this thread. Does the latest update (is it 2.1???) now allow for pre-heating the battery on the mains instead the car's battery?

For insurance purposes, is the value of the car the full €40,000 or less the discount for grant/VRT?

Anyone source a spare wheel? I suppose if I did get alloys, I could put an old tire on one of the steel wheels and throw it in the boot. It's just that I'm finally getting old enough to value the cost of €1,000 above vanity:pac:

You are coming from the same previous car as me..:) Great car, mine was the GT spec so was loaded.

The reason nobody is mentioning the battery heating is because of battery temp, needs to be below about 5c which would be typical on a cold winters morning. AFAIK no changes have been made with the updates.
    I would say insure your car for the price you pay after grants.
    Haven't thought much about spare wheel..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Comer1 wrote: »
    I'm currently fighting the urge to be "human" and not fork out in excess of a grand for alloys and tinting:)

Local "tinter" should be able to do the rears and boot window for just over a ton

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

slave1 wrote: »
    Local "tinter" should be able to do the rears and boot window for just over a ton

I paid €170 for the privilege in Douglas:)

Advertisement